Ocean Sands Events Reviews

23 Reviews for Ocean Sands Events

• Erica

Erica Cruz · Married on 02/16/2020

Amazingly available and calm

I would highly recommend Gustavo and Elizabeth for your wedding planning needs. They are so organized and helped us through the process. There answered l of our calls, questions and even FaceTime for a more personal connection. They remained calm and kept all of our other vendors in check. Including ones that were tardy to the party. I did not feel a single minute of stress my wedding day. All though I know they carried all the stress on their shoulders they were sure I didn’t feel it a single bit. My day went flawless in my eyes!! I have also used them before for a corporate event I had and they were remarkable .

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Eargood · Married on 12/07/2019

Wonderful!

Elizabeth and Gustavo were great to work with! They helped so much with recommending the perfect venue for us to looking out for little details. They made our day so much easier and had the perfect decorations for our day (from the linens to the floral on our arch). We even got our beautiful sand ceremony items through them.

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Garcia · Married on 12/06/2019

Highly recommend Ocean Sand Events for a bilingual Officiant

My husband and I hired Ocean Sand Events to officiate our wedding on 12/6/19. Gustavo and Elizabeth were super professional and easy to work with. They were super responsive to all questions I had, and helped to work with our budget. Gustavo delivered a beautiful bilingual (Spanish and English) ceremony. Very happy we got to work with this company :)

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Hallie

Hallie · Married on 11/23/2019

Awesome Experience

Absolutely awesome company! Our beach vow renewal was gorgeous! The florals matched everything perfectly! They were super flexible as our service needs changed throughout the years! Gustavo and Elizabeth are super friendly, and amazing to work with! They never missed a beat! Gustavo made a perfect officiant, and was never distracted by anything that came his way! Lovely family company!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 08/31/2019

Mr. & Mrs. Pickett

Wonderful service. Very friendly and caring. Amazingly professional.

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Erica

Erica Juisti · Married on 06/01/2019

Our Wedding Day

Thank you Ocean Sands Events, Gustavo and Elizabeth were amazing. Everything turned out perfect for my husband and I on our special day. Beautiful decor and set up. I totally recommend Ocean Sands Events for your event they were very nice and professional and met all our needs.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Shawndra

Shawndra Wilson · Married on 05/04/2019

Ocean Sands Events made my wedding ceremony truly magical

I had my wedding April 5th. I decided pretty last minute to have my ceremony in a gorgeous park but needed someone to handle everything for me. I contacted Ocean Sands Events and Elizabeth immediately put my mind at ease. She was able to coordinate coming to my ceremony site in plenty of time, setting up my whole ceremony from the chairs, arch, decor, everything. I needed them to play my ceremony music and there is no power at the park. No problem! Their speaker was loud enough for everyone to hear clearly and they played my music for the bridal party entrance, my entrance and our exit songs that I chose flawlessly. Ocean Sands Events really made my ceremony beautiful. I am so greatful I found them. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Keisha · Married on 09/08/2018

We are very pleased with Ocean Sand Events. They made our day smooth sailing. They are caring, courteous, flexible, punctual, professional and the list goes on. I definitely recommend them for all your planning needs; you will not be disappointed. Gustavo and Elizabeth are amazing. They love what they do and it reflects in the services that they provided.

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • I

IVETTE · Married on 07/28/2018

WOW!! What an amazing experience! When my fiancé and I talked about what we both wanted for our ceremony, where we wanted it to be and how we wanted it to look we reached out to Gustavo and Elizabeth. Not only did they meet our wants but they went above and beyond to make sure that we found an excellent and fun restaurant for our reception dinner. Their commitment to making everything just perfect and fun supersedes much more than five stars. Their energetic personality and their warm welcoming made our ceremony even more special than we had anticipated. Thank you from the both of us for making our special union a day we will never forget! Sincerely and with best regards, Mrs. and Mrs. Reyes

Sent on 08/10/2018

Ocean Sands Events's reply:

We want to thank you both for you kind words. It was our pleasure and honor in assisting you to ensure your Wedding Day was unforgettable. From start to finish you and your family were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for choosing Ocean Sands Events to be a part of your New Journey. We wish you both many years of happiness and of success in your union . CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    “Your Dream, Our Promise”.
  • Ella

Ella · Married on 07/21/2018

We were married on July 21,2018! In Treasure Island on Sunset Beach. We had attended my husbands Aunt's wedding on Clearwater Beach( which Ocean Sands Events conducted ) two years before we decided to get married. They were down to earth and we just liked their energy. So after seeing what a job and what kind of people they were THEY WERE THE ONES FOR US! It made it a little easier already knowing Gustavo and Elizabeth. I had a lot of questions and a little bump in the process but they were right there to answer everything in a timely manner. Elizabeth always went out of her way to send a text just to see how everything was going or if she could do anything to help. She really made everything at ease. We had no complaints to anything! The ceremony was beautiful I couldn't ask for anything better than what they performed for us. The decorations were absolutely gorgeous along with my bouquet and my husbands boutonniere. My day was absolutely amazing and went so smooth. I cannot thank them enough. I definitely recommend Ocean Sands Events for your big day. They are amazing and will keep "Your Dream, Our Promise" to the fullest! Thank you again and again Gustavo and Elizabeth Palmer!

Mr. & Mrs. Barnett

Sent on 08/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/01/2018

We were married on July 1, 2018! I could not have asked for a more beautiful reception. They went above and beyond for us and made the reception hall look amazing.. Elizabeth always kept in touch with me to see how things were going right up until the day of the wedding.. I'm very glad i chose Ocean sands and i will chose them again for my next event!!!
    Mr. and Mrs Santana

Sent on 08/05/2018

Keosha · Married on 06/30/2018

They were awesome & professional

Sent on 07/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/22/2018

These amazing people did an outstanding job!!! We had a long journey until our wedding day but Gustavo and Elizabeth were so patient and understanding with us. They went above and beyond on the decorations for our dreamy beach wedding. Elizabeth did an awesome job on our bouquet and boutonniere. She would always check on me to see how I'm doing. She's so dedicated to her brides. Gustavo did an excellent job as our officiant. Very professional but he still made my guest laugh! I would highly recommend them to anyone!!! Definitely worth your money! Thank you so much Ocean Sands Events for making our day such a special one.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Christina · Married on 03/10/2018

I absolutely loved working with Ocean Sands Events! Gustavo and Elizabeth were so easy to work with and always readily available whenever I needed them. I was able to call or text at any time of the day or even weekends. They had great ideas and solutions whenever I needed help and were able to execute with ease. My wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am so thankful I chose them to guide us through the ceremony and also be our extra hands as far as decor. Ocean Sands Events even provided linen rental (which I used) and was so pleased with! They had many affordable options to select from as far as wedding coordination and also had decor and linen rental. They were ALWAYS prompt, on time, and on top of everything. I highly recommend Ocean Sands Events for all of your wedding needs!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Nelson · Married on 05/27/2017

Great experience couldn’t ask for better service

Sent on 05/24/2018

Debra · Married on 10/17/2015

We had the best experience with Ocean Sands Events. They took care of everything & I never had to worry about a thing. The day of the ceremony, everything was perfect. It was the best day & we didn’t have to spend a fortune. My niece also just used them & again, everything was amazing. I would recommend them to anyone. They are professional & know what they are doing. Anytime I had a question, they had the answer. They are awesome!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2018

keisha · Married on 10/03/2015

We had our wedding on 9.8.18 and we are happy that we chose ocean and sand to perform our ceremony. Gustavo and Elizabeth are very professional, compassionate , respectful, patient, kind and caring. I forgot my bouquet at my hotel room and they waited on my husband to retrieve my bouquet for the ceremony ( waited on us for 30 mins). We recommend oceans and sand for all your planning needs; you will not be disappointed. Thank you Gustavo and Elizabeth for making our day special and stress free. You guys are Awesome! Mr & Mrs Green

Sent on 09/10/2018

Meghan · Married on 07/05/2015

Ocean Sands events are amazing!! We had a budget and they made our wedding beautiful and everything we wanted while staying within our budget. They were extremely accommodating and were there every step of the way to answer any questions or concerns. Even when it stormed that day, they worked quickly to take everything down and as soon as the storm passed they put everything back up and it looked amazing. We had an amazing experience with your company, thank you!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 07/19/2014

In response to your Wedding Wire review of our performance. Behind the scenes was a completely different picture than what was not presented to you. Ocean Sands Events was hired to Coordinate. We assisted the DJ you had hired in moving his equipment back and forth from one location to the other. The DJ was obviously not a Wedding M/C as he had you and your guests standing in disbelief as you began your Grand Entrance without music or proper introductions. The first dance happened 2hrs later. The music was set up outside as no music was heard at dinner. We had to scramble for music for the Bridal Party to enter appropriately as the DJ did not have (2) setups. One for Ceremony and another for Reception.
    Another issue was that the Caterer did not bring enough supplies and was not on time. We went to the store to purchase napkins and utensils which is unheard of. They also did not clean up and dispose of all the trash they had accumulated. We were cleaning through out because they left trash every where. We even help serve food and call tables (which we were not planning on doing that) That is unacceptable. Standard SOP's are that Vendors are responsible for what they are being compensated for.
    For a coordinator to physically assist vendors in doing their jobs that they have been paid for is unacceptable.
    This takes time away from what I have been hired to do as we assist other Vendors that are not prepared. The Ceremony and Reception Decor and Setups were completed 1hr prior to your Wedding. Ocean Sands Events was on time and completed their duties.
    Coordinators work to maintain the Event and timelines. Vendors hired are to complete the job they were paid for in good faith and complete all of their duties.
    We also had a large gap in the timeline due to the 46 minute delay of the Ceremony due to waiting on the vail. You hired Coordination for 4hours and we did 8. We were pull in many directions lack on all the vendors not being organized and not being prepare.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Natalie · Married on 03/10/2018

Ocean Sands brought me high quality chair covers and a beautiful backdrop for our sweetheart table at our wedding. They quoted me almost exactly half the price of another rental company. The staff were set friendly and worked smoothly with my venue manager.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Karen · Married on 06/16/2018

I could not have been happier with Ocean Sands Events. They went above and beyond what I imagined. I highly recommend their services to anyone

Sent on 06/19/2018

Loved working with this team for our wedding! The only criticism I have is that they did not credit the people who provided each service (centerpieces, uplights, etc) when posting the photos to their social media. It almost looked like they were trying to make it seem that they did those things, when they did not. However the arch, tables, and chairs that they provided to us were wonderful.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Suzanne · Married on 03/24/2018

2.5
      2.0

Upon meeting Gustavo and Elizabeth I was very impressed and excited about them and how they were going to take care of me and my husband at our wedding Throughout the process they were very responsive to our needs. Gustavo did an excellent job with the rehearsal as well as the ceremony. But soon things started to fall apart at the reception. During the cocktail hour I spent over 30 minutes in a car trying to figure out what to do. We called Elizabeth several times to find out where we should go or what we are doing next. She did not answer the phone so I had to send my sister to find her to find out what we were going to do next. While sitting in the car I saw a few of my guest walk over to purchase beer when I already purchased beer and wine for my guest and was suppose to be served during cocktail hour by Ocean Sand Events. The beer and wine was still sitting in the refrigerator instead of being served to the guest. There were many things that went wrong following that. Everything was poorly planned and executed. Elizabeth was never there when we needed her. In closing Gustavo did and excellent job taking care my husband and his crew. Some recommendations: know where your bride is at all times, when things go south don't blame someone else fix it, when you are coordinating you are responsible for all the vendors not the bride or groom, my guest should not have to clean at the end of the night after I paid you to do it. I hired a coordinator. But my husband and I ended up doing it ourselves on our wedding day which we shouldn't have to do.

Sent on 03/27/2018