Occidental at Xcaret Destination Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Juanita A. Married on 01/05/2021

The Wedding of My DREAMS

My wedding was an actual DREAM. I visited this resort more than 10 years ago and I knew then that this was the place that I wanted to get married. Fast forward to getting an engaged it was the only place I reached out to for information. After taking a look at their packages, I knew this was exactly where I wanted to host my wedding. My husband and I are both Catholic so we did the ceremony next door at Xcaret Park an the reception at Occidental. It was such an easy process planning this wedding. When you do a destination wedding you don't have to go through the stress of choosing vendors out a million options - you have the vendors they provide and they all did a PHENOMENAL job. The food was absolutely delicious, the DJ has the BEST music (especially since we hosted a Colombian/American wedding he did great incorporating both cultures), Melanie the coordinator was there every step of the way. I honestly could not have asked for more. I wish I could re live it over and over again.
    Teleshia J. Married on 02/24/2020

Wonderful and memorable experience

A great day! The coordinator was open to communicate and flexible in making everything possible for us and our guest. They were all very pleasant and cooperative.
  • W
    Wendy M. Married on 02/20/2020

Amazing - grateful

WONDERFUL QUITE A SURPRISE BY MY HUSBAND planning to go back next year
    I can’t even put into words what she did for us .... AMAZING ABOVE & BEYOND!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kylie Y. Married on 02/05/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Such a Beautiful Resort!!

We day the most amazing trip with our families and the most magical wedding day!! Everything from the venue, the service and the food was excellent!! Would recommend this resort to everyone!! Luz was fabulous and took care of everything we needed and made our special day stress free!
    Diana S. Married on 01/20/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing, beautiful, all our dreams come true !

Having my wedding at Occidental Xcaret was the best decision we could’ve made. Luz was amazing to deal with she answered my questions quickly and was even better in person ! The food was amazing as was the resort itself. Staff were kind and willing to help you in any way that they could. I recommend this resort to anyone that is considering it. It is also good to know that they do one wedding per day so you get all the attention you deserve on your special day !
  • Tiana
    Tiana W. Married on 11/11/2019

Nothing short of amazing

Luz was there for us at all times. 9 months before the wedding to 9 seconds before the wedding she was always there to help us out. We know she has other weddings but she always made us feel like her number one priority and even found us ways to save money! Our wedding was a lesbian wedding and she never made us feel uncomfortable or like we were a hassle. We would recommend her 1000 times over. Everything was perfect from the venue to the dj to the food. Thanks for everything!
    Jose S. Married on 07/27/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceeded all of our Expectations!

From Day 1 of my fiance (wife now) chose this location for our wedding our coordinator Luz was there to help every step of the way and went above and beyond to provide help with things even outside of the wedding ceremony itself. She made our day magical!
  • Amy
    Amy W. Married on 07/16/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing Service! Amazing People! Made our day stress free!

I am so glad we planned our wedding at this resort. The wedding planner and photographer on site were both amazing! Luz kept us on track during the planning, gave excellent advice and was there organizing the day of. Nacho and his photography team have a smooth system and kept us on track, while providing fabulous photos! Luz helped with last minute, changing, details due to me and got my parents to the location with plenty of time to spare. Nacho and his team took great pride in catching the best photos. They divided and conquered the groom and bride photos separately before, and came together for group photos later. Everyone was very organized and you can tell they have streamlined the process. I will definitely stay at this resort again and highly recommend the wedding planning service and photography company!
  • Kareema
    Kareema L. Married on 07/06/2019

Flexible Service with a Smile

My husband chose Occidental at Xcaret for the sheer beauty of the premises and the very close, just next-door proximity to Xcaret eco-park --- so that our friends can not only attend our destination wedding but rather make a family vacation out of it should they decide to bring their kids. In you, the park is wonderful for all nature-lovers, young and wise alike.

We contacted Luz Jimenez, manager of weddings department, who is peppered all over the web with awesome reviews but my wedding handler was Melanie Espinoza-Chinas ---- and I could not have been happier. Melanie was extremely professional even when dealing with someone as particular and not so easy to handle as I am. We corresponded almost daily for 6 months prior to the wedding, going through every detail and giving me honest advice and suggestions that made my wedding absolutely simple but elegant which is what I was striving for. She was flexible when I needed her to be, yet stern when I was just asking for too much, which I appreciated because I am hard to say no to. =)

The day of the wedding, Melanie and the staff were attentive, picking us up from my suite door straight to the venue, coordinating guests and bridal party, keeping everyone happy with music and real-time updates.

The ceremony was breathtaking against the backdrop of the ocean, with waves hitting the rocks. I originally wanted to have the ceremony at the Mayan ruins on the hotel site but our party got too big so we had to hold at the garden gazebo which was just fine and probably more convenient as the reception was held just a hundred feet away at the Beach Club. Our officiant Karla Aldana delivered beautiful, sweet and loving, eloquent words of marriage that all my guests praised afterwards.

I used the hotel photographers Hernan (head) and Teo (assistant) and their manager Luis Miguel who all did a fantastic job. Hernan was meticulous to the t, and based on my "sneak peeks" of the images, I will be a very happy bride.

The decor and furnishings I picked out and ordered for the cocktail hour and reception were beautiful, clean and elegant. Their supplier is called Alquimia and Evelyn is the manager. Wonderful job!

I never had to visit the bar during the wedding as the servers kept me it flowing wherever I was standing, dancing, singing, and just absolutely having a memorable time!

My only minor issue was the DJ who didn't really MC the party --- essentially I had to do it. So it would behoove couples to interview more than one option for DJs.

Overall, the wedding was worth every penny and more. I have already recommended Melanie and Luz to friends and relatives who are looking to have their wedding in the near future.

We love Melanie!!!!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth S. Married on 06/29/2019

Perfection in Paradise!!!

We had our wedding 6/29/19 at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination and I couldn't be happier!! Our wedding coordinator, Luz Jiménez & her team were OUTSTANDING!!! They thought of everything and helped me personalize my special day and make it PERFECT!!! We had the best time and all of my friends and family loved it! I would highly recommend having your wedding at the Occidental at Xcart Destination, with this professional, attentive and caring staff surrounded by the beauty of the resort!!! It was truly Paradise!!!
  • Karoline
    Karoline R. Married on 06/26/2019

My Dream Wedding

Todo un sueño hecho realidad. Luz estuvo al pendiente de cada detalle. Desde el primer día que le escribí buscando orientación hasta el día de la boda. Una boda de ensueño que se ajustan a varios presupuestos. En el SPA quiero enfatizar en el excelente trabajo de Nancy Rosado, llegue al salón nerviosa, sintiéndome asustada y pensando que me vería mal. Nancy realizó un excelente trabajo en mi cabello y maquillaje. Salí del SPA sintiéndome como toda una princesa. Los fotógrafos un trabajo espectacular y me hicieron sentir cómoda en todo momento. Me disfruté mucho mi sección de fotos.
  • I
    Isabelle Married on 06/25/2019

Perfection!

We had Luz as our wedding coordinator and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. We did not have to explain what we wanted more than once. Her understanding of our vision was impeccable and she made sure everything g went smoothly on the special day!

The resort is stunning, unlike any other resorts we’ve been to before. It had this jungle feel to it rather than just a hotel. There was plenty to do at the resort Itself. The food was delicious and staff was very kind!

• Z
    Z N Married on 06/18/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Easy to plan your dream wedding here!

Luz, the wedding coordinator, provided a variety of options for the wedding of our dreams. We picked this resort specifically because of the option to have the ceremony in gorgeous location on the resort atop oceanside cliffs beside Mayan ruins. We were provided with a wide variety of wedding packages to choose from, and Luz helped us to select the details for the ceremony and reception. No rehearsal was necessary because Luz adequately talked us through how the event would go. Everyone enjoyed the ceremony led by the nondenominational minister. We also had the photographers provided by the resort shoot the ceremony and newlywed photos - we were so impressed, we ended up purchasing all of the photos taken (as opposed to selecting the amount provided though our original package). There was a wide variety of options of photo packages as well. The semi private dinner with our guests was suitable for an intimate reception after the ceremony. As newlyweds, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in bed the next morning. We also were able to enjoy our honeymoon in the same resort right after our wedding... even with our guests still present! The resort is so vast with so many activities, excursions, lounging locations, and restaurants, we were able to enjoy some alone time without worrying about entertaining our guests. Our guests had an excellent experience and all of us plan on staying at this resort again when in the Riviera Maya. Overall, the wedding was very easy to plan with Luz, the location was breath taking, photos spectacular, and everyone in attendance has only happy memories of this amazing experience. I highly recommend this resort for weddings and vacations (for groups or couples).
    Bekky P. Married on 05/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent!!! Luz was phenomenal!

This resort was beautiful! It embraces nature to a great extent with its amazing eco-trails and wildlife right on the resort. And I can’t forget the stunning Mayan Ruins right on the resort, where my husband and I actually got married! With the incredible support from Luz, I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. Luz was so on top of everything and ensured everything was completed to make for a beautiful wedding. She was extremely helpful, answering any and all my questions, and always responded in a timely manner. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult when you’re not on site to oversee the process or even envision what everything would look like. But with Luz’s help, we were able to plan all the wedding details in a matter of weeks! She definitely made the whole planning process stress free and a breeze. Even during the wedding, she would go out of her way to make sure we were comfortable, that everything was done for us, and provided us with anything we needed. I could not have asked for a better experience when planning a destination wedding! Thanks a million to Luz and her staff for making our day truly special. I am so happy I got to meet and work with someone as amazing as Luz :)
    Vicki S. Married on 05/24/2019

Simply amazing

Melanie our wedding planner was truly incredibly. Throughout the planning process, she was attentive, organized and resourceful. She delivered our wedding vision and more.
    Thomas L. Married on 04/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Luz, our wedding coordinator, was a fantastic and responsive person that made our wedding day amazing.

Luz was an incredible help and we couldn't have asked for a better person to help us out on our wedding day.
    Candice C. Married on 03/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nothing less than amazing!

I cannot say enough about these girls!.. for the past year I've been "planning" from Canada.. I've barely had to plan a thing and there was literally no stress! They took care of everything right down to every detail. I would recommend this place time and time again to anyone I know.
    Liz K. Married on 03/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Really great! Loved this hotel!!

Loved this venue!! Hotel and staff were so great! I had never been anywhere tropical or to an all inclusive before and it was so nice! Perfect day and weather, our wedding planner Melanie did an awesome job!!! Highly recommend!!
    Breanne M. Married on 01/18/2019

Fabulous Wedding Venue!

I just came back from my wedding at this resort and I couldnt be happier! Luz is absolutely fantastic. She responds to questions immediately and with quality responses. I would recommend this resort to anyone hoping for top quality service and unique venue options.
    Gabriela Married on 01/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Luz was amazing and the Occidental is a wonderful place for a wedding!

Luz was incredible and sweet. She made it our wedding so magical and so stress-free ! She did anything in her power to make it the best wedding ever, everybody had fun, and at the end of it all I was married in a beautiful place and would do it all over again.
  • Jessica
    Jessica R. Married on 11/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Service Excellence - We were blown away.

Melanie went above and beyond in order to make sure our day was perfect. When it came down to all of the little details she always took care of it. We were blown away by the service we received from the staff, Melanie accommodating all of our ceremony/reception needs, and the overall experience. We didn't have expectations about food since we were in Mexico, but were pleasantly surprised with how DELICIOUS and amazing it turned out to be. Many of our guests commented how it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We felt like the King and Queen, and have nothing but positive things to say.
    Jessica Married on 08/26/2018

Wonderful experience

My wedding at Occidental was beautiful! Melanie was great, and very easy to communicate with. She was very patient with me and had everything under control. I would not change a thing about my special day.
    Belkys Married on 08/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I have no word to discribe how the service of Luz Jimenez was. She is absolutely great. Luz and her team were able to know exactly how I wanted everything. I will highly recommended this team. And the hotel was absolutely beautiful.. Belkys Rivera
    Leah Married on 07/09/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our day was perfect, Luz was brilliant at organising everything and so great at accommodating our requests. We organised everything by email and then met in person when we arrived. The ceremony was beautiful and just what we wanted. The meal was great with the servers adding small personal touches to make it more special. Luz kept everything on track throughout the day without us feeling hurried. I would highly recommend Luz and the rest of the team at the hotel, you’ll have an amazing day in a beautiful destination.
    Chelsea Married on 06/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Luz and her assistant Melanie were an absolute pleasure to work with! Our wedding day was everything we ever imagined and more thanks to their help, and they even helped us out when we had a few issues with the reservations department/room block. We would do everything all over again in a heartbeat and can't recommend them enough.
illustration stars