Occasions House of Bridal Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Shelley
    Monique H. Married on 06/20/2020

A...MAZ..ING Service!!!

The search for my wedding gown started a few weeks ago...too my surprise it was completely overwhelming. While I tried on over 11 gowns I never felt that feeling every bride feels when she knows it’s the one. My sister suggested we visit a friend of hers shop and with only four dresses I fell deeply in love with the first gown I tried on!💙 The ladies at Occasions House of Bridal in Suitland, Md were simply amazing! They’re compassion and knowledge of my vision was captured before I entered the doors. I would definitely recommend this bouquet as one to visit!💙
  • tywhi3
    Tyra Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent family atmosphere

I was so happy to have stumbled upon this little bridal shop. It didn’t not take long for me to find a dress, and Ms. Linda was extremely accommodating.
    T D Married on 06/29/2019

Yes to the dress...finally!!!

On November 17, 2018, I visited this boutique and to my surprise I found my dream wedding dress. I was a little skeptical after visiting 3 other stores and found nothing. I was convinced that if I didn't find anything here then I was going to take my chances and go online. Im glad I didn't because my experience wouldn't have been the same. Tasha was very personable and attentive to my needs. I went in with one idea but they had so many options I kept an open mind. Due to the reviews, I almost didnt give this company a chance, but as the saying goes "dont judge a book by its cover." The location was in my backyard and I went all over the DMV to end up finding my diamond on the ruff right at home.
  • Sharon
    Sharon Married on 05/26/2019

The Snead Wedding

On May 26, I married the man of my dreams. I was the most beautiful bride, I love the personal attention I received. She took her time to help me pick the right dress. It was reasonable, professional, clean and overall great.
    Beverly Married on 04/28/2018
    I highly recommend Occasions House of Bridal. The customer service is excellent. Linda expended a great deal for time and energy picking out a rare tie and vest combination color for my husband to match my dress. Tony was given extraordinary attention and care even during Prom Season one of the busiest times of the year. Tony does not have a FB page, but says thank you for an excellent experience! Occasions House of Bridal will be the only place for us.
  • TheTinTLC
    Tonya Married on 10/23/2015
    Occasions House of Bridal is simply wonderful! I had an amazing experience with Ms. Linda and her daughter. They were so patient, professional and thorough with me and with my bridal party and we were able to find dresses that you don't see all the time. I would recommend them to anyone that is in need of wedding attire.
  • User1622658 2+ years ago
    Very helpful and super nice! Happy to have bought my dress from them :)
    Hannah Married on 10/19/2014
    I just bought my wedding dress today from this shop and can't rave enough! I had been to a couple other stores in Alexandria and the salespeople were either very pushy or not helpful at all. I only ended up at Occasions because they were the only shop in the area that had a specific dress in stock - I probably would have never ended up in Camp Springs, MD otherwise. I was honestly planning to try on the dress and then purchase it online, but by the time I left the store, I couldn't imagine not buying the dress from the awesome ladies at Occasions. They weren't pushy at all and they gave me as much space and time as I needed to make my decision. They also gave me a fabulous discount - I couldn't have found it online any cheaper! They also took lots of photos for me so I could send pictures to my mom and maid of honor - many shops outlaw taking any photos, so I was happy that this shop was so accommodating. They also worked with me on a payment plan, let ME decide what size to order (instead of pushing me to a bigger size so I'd need to pay for more alterations - which is a trick many bridal stores use nowadays, and even clipped a few fabric swatch samples for me to take on the way out when I found bridesmaids dresses in a color I liked. So helpful! I'd recommend this place to anyone.
    Beverly Married on 05/10/2014
    This is a late review but my son needed a tux for prom season (May 2018) and we chose Occasions after seeing them at a bridal expo. Ms. Linda was so knowledgeable and accommodating! My son changed his mind once he went in for a fitting and she was able to call and make the changes and have the tux ready days before prom!
    Molly Married on 05/10/2014
    First I went to the regular dress shops to try on dresses and they had all the same worn out styles that you see all the time. Then I went to Occasions House of Bridal, it was fantastic! They had a great selection of dresses and was a comfortable. I thought I knew what style I wanted but then she asked if I would try one on that she thought I'd like. I never would've thought I would like it, but it was the one :) I highly recommend Occasions House of Bridal for all of your formal wear needs!
    Jennifer Married on 04/04/2014
    I was so blessed to have Occasions Bridal! Ms Linda was absolutely amazing. I found my gown here for an amazing price! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a dress!
    Miya Married on 08/10/2013
    I had the most amazing experience at Occasions House of Bridal. I sent my dress size and several dresses I wanted to try on in advance. When I arrived the dresses were ready for me to try on along with one that she chose for me. I tried on her pick first and immediately fell in love. She encouraged me to try on the other dresses I requested but non compared to the first dress. I was never pressured to purchase a dress outside of my budget, in fact, the dress that the owner chose was less expensive than any of the dresses I asked her to pull for me. She made me feel so at ease, as I was filled with anxiety about dress shopping. Once I placed on the veil there was no turning back!!! I highly recommend this bridal boutique, especially for plus size brides.
  • DonnaBelle
    Donna Married on 04/27/2013
    I really enjoyed working with Ms. Linda at Occasions House of Bridal. Appointment can be made online, which is something I really liked. Ms. Linda was responsive to my phone messages and e-mails. It is a small shop that is appointment only, so it's quiet and private, which I liked. There are a lot of bridal and bridesmaids dresses available to look at.

I went in to try on dresses for the first time here and honestly did not think I would find something that I liked at the first shop I visited. I didn't really have an idea of what I wanted in a dress, I just knew I wanted something that would flatter me. After asking about my ceremony venue and the type of wedding, I was planning to have, Ms. Linda pulled about six dresses for me to try on. They were all nice, but #3 was the winner. I was shocked and very happy to have found the gown I will get married in so easily. I was even more thrilled at the price! I had expected to pay a lot more, but was pleasantly surprised. Ms. Linda did not pressure me to buy anything that day. She encouraged me to go home and sleep on it, so there was no pressure.

I came back a couple of weeks later to try my dress on again and place the order. Ms. Linda kept me abreast of the status of my dress via e-mail letting me know when the order went through, when it was shipped, and when it was at her shop. I tried the dress on again a 3rd time when I went to pick it up. She wore gloves while she helped me into the dress to make sure she didn't get anything on it. She referred me to a seamstress and let me know I could call her anytime if I had a question.

Overall, Ms. Linda was very nice, caring and professional. She was very knowledgeable about the gowns and picked dresses that looked great on me. Her demeanor put me at ease and I'm very glad I got my gown from Occasions.
    Pamela Married on 12/02/2012
    The staff at Occasions House of Bridal is very personable. Tasha made the process of selecting a bridal gown very easy. The Mother & Daughter duo are very knowledgeable about the bridal industry. I have received so many compliments on my wedding dress. I also ordered the bridesmaids dresses from Occasions House of Bridal. Let me tell you, my bridesmaids were HOT! HOT! HOT!

I HIGHLY recommended Occasions House of Bridal.
    Lawanda Married on 10/09/2011
    Tasha and Ms. Linda gave me and my bridal party A+ service. This mother/daughter team made me feel like part of the family. They were able to outfit me, the bridesmaid and groomsmen. Everything was very affordable. My dress was amazing and they are impeccable in measurements. I didn't feel overwhelmed and they didn't pressure into a dress. They really listened to me regarding budget, style and feel for my day. Great experience if you like a hands on intimate shop.
  • Kathina
    Kathina Married on 04/30/2011
    I called occasions after having a David's Bridal dress disaster! I made my appointment in mid February for my April wedding!! I tried on a few dresses and there was never any pressure to buy. I ordered my dress the same day, but before I ordered they called the Mori Lee warehouse to see if they had my size/color/length in stock to be shipped. My dress was delivered to the store in early April in perfect condition! I loved the fact that they sell plus size dresses and actually carry the samples in the store so you can try them on!
    Natalie Married on 01/15/2011
    I actually found the dress I ended up buying at another boutique, but it was too far above my budget. Then I toyed with the idea of buying online, but was freaked out by the horror stories. Luckily, I decided to call around to various stores in my area that were authorized Casablanca vendors, and found Occasions! Even thought they didn't carry my dress in stock, they ordered it for me, and I ended up paying essentially what I would have paid online! They also measured me so well that it fit perfectly, and got Casablanca to make the changes I wanted so that they ended up looking perfect. Occasions also threw in things, like a rush order, for FREE. They're friendly, helpful, and definitely go above and beyond.
  • Mrs. Burke
    Takea Married on 09/19/2010
    All I can say is OUTSTANDING!!!!! They were the best and very reasonable.
  • erikatarrance
    Erika Married on 07/23/2010
    I received excelltent service from Occasions hous if bridal. The owner Tasha and Linda her mom are both very sweet women. I worried them quite a bit and they were still great. They have a very large bridemaids gown selection peobably the best in our area. I would definitely recommend them to any bride
  • W
    Wanda Married on 06/26/2010
    I just bought my wedding dress from Occasions, and everything about the experience was an absolute pleasure! From their gracious, welcoming presentation at the bridal show where we met, to the attentive and helpful dress selection and fitting process, working with them was everything I hoped my dress shopping experience would be! This shop is owned by a Mother/Daughter team, which is a large part of what makes the service here so special. Linda, the Mother, helped me select the perfect dress, and Tasha’s expertise in fitting and her attention to detail made the dress fit like a dream. Their personal service and attention to detail were fabulous, and I highly recommend them for a perfectly wonderfully intimate and exclusive bridal experience! BTW, I continue to get lots of compliments on my fabulous and unique dress!
    Robbin Married on 05/02/2010
    This boutique packs a lot of punch. I love that they provide one-on-one customer service and they are by appointment only. This shop may appear small on the outside but you will be surprised by the vastness of it all. This store carries all the popular designers and a multitude of sample sizes. I have nothing but great things to say about Ms. Linda and Tasha. They are the best and my wedding gown was beautiful!
  • Denise
    Denise Married on 08/11/2012
    Ms. Linda and Tasha were my consultants and were the most pleasant, friendly and helpful to me which helped put a lot of my fears and anxities i had about purchasing a wedding gown and my bridesmaids gowns to rest. They were so patient and responded to all of my 100 questions and even were flexible when i changed my bridesmaids dresses at the last minute. They are very personable and make you feel like family and that was important to me and made it less stressful. I was told by everyone on my Wedding day how beautiful my gown was and again, I cannot thank them enough for everything.
  • Jill
    Jill Married on 11/10/2012
    I bought my wedding dress from this store. I actually found the dress at another store while I was shopping out of town, but wanted to buy it locally and Occasions gave me a great deal. Tasha was very helpful in trying on dresses and advising me in making a decision. It's very personalized service and we basically had the store to ourselves. I live in Washington where many of the stores are very expensive. By going to a store outside of the city, I was able to save a lot of money. The down side was that since it's a smaller store, they weren't as helpful with accessorizing and helping me with jewelry and a veil, so I had to shop for that separately, but if you're OK doing that, it's a good option. Great service and great value.