67 Reviews for Occasions Caterers

Liquor License (1)
House Beer (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)

We all know there's a difference between "food" and "wedding food." The latter often leaves something to be desired - but not if you choose Occasions. Every dish served at our wedding was expertly crafted. My wife's primary request was for an elaborate dessert spread, and as you can see in the pictures, they didn't hold back. Aside from providing an excellent meal, Joel and Sydney helped us pick beautiful linens, dishes and silverware, and chairs. The event staff were also great, and they worked very well with the venue and other vendors. Joel and Sydney are an excellent team.

Profile Picture James, 5/20/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Lactose Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Mediterranean, Southern, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

We got married in mid-September 2017 at the Peabody Library and our wedding day was great because of Occasions. They made the planning process stress free. They were almost like a one stop shop for most things. Our guests said it was the best wedding they had attended and the food was just wonderful. This is a pricier caterer, but both my wife and I 100% agreed that the price was well worth the value of what we received. Some of our friends are still talking about the corn souffle and short rib.

Profile Picture Sam, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Occasions was outstanding from our initial contact through the wedding day. We could not be happier with the food, service, and incredible team that guided us through the process.

While we initially were leaning towards another caterer that appeared more cost effective on paper, the tasting at Occasions blew them out of the water. The menu at Occasions is modern, fun, flavorful, and completely personalized. They worked around food allergies and favorite recipes to create a menu that stood out and still fell within our budget.

We felt we were in good hands every step of the way, and knew that on wedding day, our guests would be well taken care of, too. We were so fortunate to have a team that cared so much about putting on a good event. They coordinated with all of our other vendors to ensure that the reception would go off without a hitch.

We could not speak higher about Occasions and their team, and would recommend them to anyone getting married or hosting an event!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

I never thought that I would get so many compliments on our food! Our guests raved about everything from the custom cocktails to the entrees and Kate and Occasions were absolutely wonderful to work with. The tasting was a wonderful and fun experience for all of us but I was nervous about the fact that our actual wedding was at a museum without a kitchen-- boy was I wrong! Kate reassured me that it wouldn't be a problem and she was right-- the food arrived hot and perfectly cooked to each of our guests.
We also used them for linens and table settings, which were beautiful. Their setup went flawlessly and the venue was stunning when I arrived with my guests. They were flexible and even allowed my mother to use her regular liquor store for wine/liquor purchases. Kate worked wonderful with our wedding planner, Emilie from Bliss, and gave my husband and I a truly unforgettable night that was a wonderful event for all of our guests. Definitely a fantastic choice for catering!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/28/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Eric, Joel and Ray at Occasions Caterers were the heroes of our wedding. My mother-in-law has a long time party-planning relationship with Eric, and he was extremely attentive and supportive of the type of family wedding we were envisioning. Joel fielded endless phone calls and changing plans and ideas and helped us combine some of our homespun decor with their wide selection of linens and china to create a polished yet informal look and feel. Ray supervised the event and truly went above and beyond the call of duty when we started to have plumbing problems in the house!!! (ugh.) They truly are one of the gems of the DC party scene- and did I mention that the food is scrumptious? Put your trust in Occasions- you won't be sorry.

Profile Picture Nancy , 10/12/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

First, they had me complete a pretty thorough survey to get an idea of what kind of menu we might like. Based on this survey, they returned the most amazing and most on point options for our tasting.

The tasting itself was out of this world. I don't' live in the country so I flew in for a week of wedding madness and my best friend and Dad were able to come with me. When we showed up, they had menus with our names printed on them! The tasting itself was like sitting down to a fun dinner with old friends. Everyone we interacted with was so kind, generous and responsive.

In the back and forth process to determine the final menu, we were more tangentially involved as our planner (Roberts & Company) took the lead. Our final menu and linen/table selections were probably what made me most excited for our wedding, ha. They also took into account a few specific requests I had because half our guests were traveling in from out of the country -- they incorporated plantains and a higher spice level :)

On the day itself, Occasions brought the perfect team. Their team leader was so positive, friendly and responsible and the service staff the same.

The food itself: unbelievable. And, they made SURE that we actually got to try everything -- they brought plates to our waiting room before and after the ceremony, and found us in the crowd during cocktail hour to make sure we were taken care of.

Catering is a massive decision and massive financial investment. I am so happy we had our wedding catered by Occasions.

Profile Picture User4419063, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Occasions was fantastic from start to finish. I found selecting a caterer to be the most challenging wedding planning decision to make since there are so many factors to take into account. But as soon as we started the tasting with Occasions, I was sold. They were a little outside my budget for catering, but after the tasting both my mom and I agreed to stretch the budget to make it work. The food was fantastic from passed appetizers to dessert (they made mini pies that were exactly what I was looking for for our dessert display).

We wanted to do a family-style dinner at big farm tables, and Occasions helped us navigate the logistical challenges and it really did feel a lot like a huge Sunday family dinner. The wait staff was fantastic and attentive to the needs of our guests. And they had a dedicated waiter for the head table who made a special point of making sure that bit I and the groom got a taste of everything on the menu. Several of our guests are still raving about the food now that the wedding's over, especially the lamb chops or "meat lollipops" as one of the groomsmen called them. They were just perfect for a spring wedding and, like everything else Occasions delivered that day, they were exquisite.

Profile Picture Erica, 4/19/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

FLAWLESS. I am so glad we chose Occasions for our November wedding. They are totally full-service and we were able to pick out custom linens, place settings, silverware, candles, etc. without incurring an extra cost.
Jessica G. and Kate B. were incredible - super responsive, wonderful ideas, great energy and paid attention to every detail. I live in New England and was planning a DC wedding and in many ways, I was able to avoid hiring a wedding planner because Occasions was so knowledgable about every aspect of the wedding planning process (and so willing to share their knowledge). The food at the event was truly delicious, really really fresh and perfectly cooked. Additionally, as the bride, guests were handing me items (like cards!) all night and immediately the catering lead would swoop and take them from me and set aside for later - seriously, it was like having a day-of planner. The catering staff were top-notch professionals. I can't say ENOUGH about how Occassions was just beyond incredible.

Profile Picture Amy, 11/9/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We worked with Joel and Cameron. Joel worked with a somewhat non traditional themed wedding that presented beyond our expectations. The food was delicious, as always (my family has used Occasions in the past). The hors d'oeuvres were beautifully presented and served in a small space, and the dinner impressively served at each table. Joel had encouraged us to have their dessert buffet which was fun and decorative. The guests kept describing their favorites the next day. The staff were friendly and attentive. Cameron kept the whole evening moving as flawlessly as a ballet.

Profile Picture User3586554, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Occasions to cater our recent wedding and they were fabulous! The food was amazing! Everyone was raving about how delicious it was. The service was excellent throughout the whole process. When we first contacted them, they worked with us to design a menu that fit our tastes, needs, and budget. And they did a private, personalized tasting where we got to sample items we were considering serving - not a generic group tasting - so I was conident going into my wedding day that the food would be fabulous! The drinks were great too! And they took great care of us and our guests on our big day! The linens and decor were beautiful as well! I would highly recommend them for a wedding or special event!

Profile Picture User3540624, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

It does not surprise me that Occasions receives nearly universal amazing reviews on Wedding Wire. If I could do it all over again, I would skip the agonizing and debating over caterers, and pick Occasions from Day 1 because they are truly the best, most organized, responsive, professional, and delicious caterer!

I worked with Alison, Cameron, and Jennifer from their staff and they were all so responsive and helpful. I feel that they did a lot of things above and beyond the definition of caterer. For example, Alison attended our walk-through of the venue about a month before the wedding and after that, I knew I had nothing to worry about! She made me feel at ease, and then actually executed all of the many things she said her staff would handle. The staff also worked seamlessly with the venue staff, which was great.

But on to the important thing: the food. We opted to do a more casual buffet of "fun" foods. We had an amazing tasting that included many appetizer options and a full proposed buffet, that sealed the deal/contract. But would our guests love it too? Spoiler alert: they did!

It was so nice to have them listen to us and then create a menu that worked with our price range and our vision. Thank you to everyone at Occasions for delivering such a quality meal to our guests and to us on our wedding day!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

From day one, my now husband and I, knew that food and wine were going to be a very important part of our wedding. Our venue required the use of one of 3 caterers, so we tried Occasions first. Well, we were immediately blown away by how professional and attentive Erica was from day one. This was great, but how was the food...then we were blown away again. For catering, the food was amazing. We ate so much at our tasting that we thought we would explode. Everything was delicious. And the plating and linens were stunning as well. We of course, chose them for our big day and were so happy we did.

Erica made sure every detail was perfect. The food served at our wedding was as good as the food we had at the tasting. Plus, staff made sure that the groom and I had 2 of every of our passed hot d'oeuvres when we arrived from our after church picture taking...along with a choice of wine selection before we even walked in the main room.

Their staff were superb! In addition to our guests raving about the food, they also raved about how great the staff were. Some of our guests said it was the best wedding food they have ever tasted. We would have to agree!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/17/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Their food was amazing and all of our guests loved it. The staff incredibly friendly and nice.

Profile Picture User3596563, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

They were absolutely amazing! I would recommend Occasions Caterers to anyone planning a wedding.

Profile Picture User3601972, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Occasions Catering was AWESOME! Alison understood exactly what we wanted, communicated quickly and understood our vision for the wedding. We HIGHLY recommend them!

Profile Picture User2170256, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I cannot say enough great things about working Occasions! Working with Kate was such a pleasure. She was there for my fiance and I when our wedding venue POC went MIA and was terrific in helping us create a menu that reflected our personalities. The food was delicious and we are still receiving compliments. Additionally the cake was to die for and beautifully decorated. Excellent service, wonderful food, great value!

I would recommend Occasions to everyone and will continue to use them for special events!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/30/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Occasions Caterers are outstanding. My daughters wedding was held at Oatlands Plantation in Leesburg in the gardens and under a tent. An outside venue is not easy for caterers, yet our food was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. We had quite an extensive passed and stationary hors d'oeuvres menu, including french fries made on site, and everything could not have looked or tasted better. The wait staff were fabulous, making sure hors d'oeuvres kept coming and working their way throughout the gardens. They even made sure that the wedding party and family members were served hors d'oeuvres and drinks as they posed for the wedding pictures. Dinner was served hot, delicious and quite quickly to each table. Jayne Havens of Occasions was simply a joy to work with. She was always responsive and accommodating, cheerfully going through my many changes to the menu. Our guests continue to rave about how good the food was and how beautiful it looked. We were truly impressed with our experience with Occasions and would highly recommend them for your wedding.

Profile Picture Christine, 6/16/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was delicious! Everyone was professional and kind. They offered suggestions that turned out perfect and were able to make my fiance and my favorites deserts in miniature version to pass around after dinner. Just lovely

Profile Picture Carly, 6/2/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a great experience with Occassions! Their service was impeccable and the food was outstanding! They somehow did the impossible by preparing 125 servings of medium rare tenderloin for our guests and the crab stuffed shrimp was really good too! Our guests couldn't stop raving about how amazing the service and food were!

Profile Picture AJ, 4/28/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough good things about Occasions. Not only did they stay within our budget but the customer service was second to none. Megan and Emily (our account executives) were so attentive and responsive to all of our needs during the planning process. When it came to our wedding day, they were always one step ahead of everything, making sure me and my fiance were taken care of. Our guests gushed over how tasty the food was -- and how elegantly it was presented on the plate. I would recommend Occasions to anyone getting married or in need of a caterer in the DC area!

Profile Picture Ellen, 3/24/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Occasions did a terrific job at our recent wedding and I'd recommend them without qualification to anyone. The food was dynamite - by far the best I'd ever had at any wedding, and I've gotten countless comments from our guests to the same effect. Beyond the food, Alison Fisher (and her assistant, Hannah) was a first-rate account executive; I reached out 4-5 of the top caterers in DC and found Alison, by far, to be the most responsive, flexible, and willing to work with our budget. She even took the time to walk me through some hypothetical meals and budgets very early in our planning process, when I called trying to get a ballpark sense of what our catering costs would look like so I could determine whether we could afford the venue we were considering AND the cost of catering it. She was the reason we selected Occasions, and I'd recommend seeking her out specifically. From the wait staff to the bartenders, all of the other staff were great, too.

Profile Picture Sara, 3/17/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

We decided early in our wedding planning that we wanted our guests to have a delicious meal at our reception. Occasions was perfect and everyone raved about the food, especially the butternut squash risotto. We solicited bids from four caterers in the DC area and narrowed it down to two for the tasting. What truly stood out for Occasions was the service. When we walked through the door for the tasting we were greeted by our catering manager, Jane Havens, and a waiter in a tuxedo with a tray of sparkling wine and water. It told us how our guests would be greeted as the arrived at the reception. Jane was truly a delight to work with. She worked within our budget, listened carefully to our preferences, and was quick to respond to emails and phone messages. At the reception, Jane devoted one of the waiters just to me and my husband. He had a tray of hors d'oeurves waiting for us when we arrived after photos at the church, prepared a plate for each of us for dinner, and was quietly at our side periodically to see if we needed drinks. Occasions in a word is fabulous and Jane Havens is the best catering manager to work with.

Profile Picture Leslie, 12/3/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing! The food at our wedding was spectacular! Every comment I got was that this felt like amazing restaurant food, not like catering - even from my discerning "foodie" friends. Joel was great to work with – he knows events forward and backward and every suggestion he gave turned out to be 100% the right decision. They were very flexible with requests and with the bar options. The service was impeccable and the equipment was gorgeous. They are worth the money because they deliver perfection.

Profile Picture Rori, 11/20/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Choosing a caterer was a tough one for Chris and I, but we finally decided to go with Occasions Caterers and we definitely made the right decision! Our wedding night was magical due to the quality of their food and spectacular service! It was more than we could have ever asked for. Between their synchronized service, undivided attention to the bride and groom and amazing reception and dinner food - we definitely scored a 5 star caterer.

We worked with Megan Finnegan and Emily Petro at Occasions. Both ladies were awesome to work with! Megan was so accommodating, she even let us come in for a second tasting of the entree because she knew the food portion of the wedding was very important to us and she wanted us to get it right! She was always sharing ideas and helped us pick the right menu for the wedding.

Occasions did a wonderful job and we would recommend them anytime!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/11/11, 2 Reviews