23 Reviews for Occasions by M&K

Partial Planning (2)
Non-Religious (2)
Civil (1)
23 Occasions by M&K Reviews

We had a team of "The Michelle's". We could not be happier with the services these ladies provided. In my opinion, these ladies went above and beyond at every opportunity to make sure my daughter had the wedding of her dreams. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Debra, 10/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I did not have the opportunity to hire Michelle, but through my communications with her on the possibility of working together she was kind and responsive, was always sure to follow up, and offered some guidance even though we were not able to book her services.

Profile Picture Mariel, 10/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As the mother of the groom I cannot express how heavenly and magical this wedding and reception was. NOTHING, absolutely nothing was left to chance. The caliper or professionalism was untouchable. The weather did not cooperate but M&K did not let it dampen our wedding. I wish there was a 10 out of 10 rating because I would give it! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Carol and Joe Timko from the Sinclair/Timko wedding.

Profile Picture Carol, 10/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We recently engaged Occasions by M&K for our daughter’s wedding. It was a brilliant choice, they were simply amazing! We had 140 guests at the Silk Mill, which is an “a la carte” venue, so you need to provide your own catering, alcohol, decorating etc. We knew we needed help to make it a special event. As soon as they got involved, we felt like a weight had dropped from our shoulders. They were extremely organized and we spent hours in the initial meeting going over wedding details: timeline, decorating and so many things we’d never considered. They have a roomful of decorations which we were able to use to get the ambiance we wanted, with a lot of special touches in the way of signs, presentation of seating, table decorations etc. It created a special feeling and was everything our daughter and son-in-law wanted. As well as they did for the planned activities, they were even better on-the-fly, dealing with everything that came up: the rain we had, hemming a bridesmaid’s dress after a wardrobe malfunction, proactively assisting guests with limited mobility, whatever it was someone on the team was always handy when we needed anything. We’re grateful to Kris and her team for making it a such a special day and we heartily recommend Occasions by M&K for any event!

Profile Picture JAMES, 10/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists

Michelle is heaven sent!!!! I think I was the luckiest bride to have been paired with Occasions by M&K as the day-of coordinator through my venue. She helped with all the missing pieces and did so much more. She helped find the perfect hair and make-up artist and resolved a minor vendor snafu. I was "fired" from making any more decisions during the rehearsal. I felt so relaxed on my wedding day knowing that Michelle and her busy team would magically appear if anyone needed anything or to resolve any issues.

Profile Picture Kerryn, 10/27/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Michelle and Kris were absolutely amazing!!!!!!! My vision and day could not have been any smoother and executed with such an amazing way if it wasn't for the Occasions by M&K! They are a service and team I would recommend to ALL brides/grooms for their big day!!! LOVE LOVED LOVE YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again Michelle and Kris and team!

Photo for Occasions by M&K Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Their are not enough stars to tell you how great this team of Women are!!! Their was not one task that was too small or too large for them and always completed it with a smile. Their vision for planning is so great because they don't try to take over they listen to the Bride and really try to capture what she wants. Working with the group I feel like they not only were my Wedding Planners but I feel they are now my friends because planning a wedding is so intimate you have to love and trust who you work with and I trusted them every step of the way. My daughters wedding was a beautiful experience and we owe it all to Occasions by M&K they are the BEST!!!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Michelle and her staff brought together a wedding like no other - 400 people, over 20 vendors -unique in every way.
I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or an event. They are so professional and so good at
organization and bringing everything together.

Profile Picture Betty, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Occasions by M&K is truly phenomenal. Although, this was a 30th birthday party and not a wedding, Michelle treated our event with the detail and enthusiasm of a large wedding. She was professional at every step of planning and helped with details and suggestions. One would be surprised at the number of steps to be taken in dealing with a caterer and equipment for an outdoor event. Michelle was on top of every change and addition. It is a pleasure to work with her. We are considering a larger event in the future and will definitely contact Occasions by M&K.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I was not sure at all about using a wedding planner. How glad I am that I said yes to Michelle and Occassions by M & K!!!! Michelle is totally professional, personable, precise, fun, and so full of knowledgable about all different types of weddings. She has so much experience and EVERYONE on her staff was helpful and just plain nice. I guarantee that if I ever have to plan another large event she will be the first person I will call. Don't worry about shopping around, she is the best!!!

Profile Picture Debby, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Full Planning

I've had the pleasure of working with Michellw, Kris, and their crew at a few weddings and knew when it was time for our wedding, they would be the perfect fit for us. We explained our theme - we're a little non-traditional - and have Occasions free-reign over everything else, saying we'd see it when it was time for our wedding. I did make a few DIY candleholders, but they were happy to add them in with everything else. We were absolutely floored when we saw they design and decor. It was beyond perfect and 100% "us". The celebration went so smoothly and Michelle, Kris, and Emily kept everything on schedule, fun, and everyone had a great time! If you have any event you want a Planner/Coordinator for, be sure to check out Occasions! You won't regret it! Thank you ladies for everything!!!

Profile Picture Sam, 10/30/15, 7 Reviews

Great Company with Great Customer Services Thank You Guys

Profile Picture Christy, 11/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

There really are no words that can describe how great it was working with Occasions by M&K. Michelle and her team are simply the best. They think of everything and work until every detail is taken care of. My daughter's wedding went off without a hitch, it was simply perfect. We all will be eternally grateful.

Profile Picture Paula, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning

Michelle and her crew are amazing. Their professionalism and dedication to my specific event was spectacular. I thought I was the only bride on their agenda the entire way through.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

While planning my daughter's wedding, Michelle and the team at M&K Occasions were amazing to work with - extremely professional and efficient. They guided my daughter and son-in-law in planning the event and saw to each and every detail during the ceremony and reception. They thought of things that we didn't and each touch added to the magic my daughter had envisioned for this day. They told us their goal was to let us enjoy the wedding as if we were the guests and that's exactly what they did. I'm forever grateful to them for making my only daughter's wedding day everything she dreamed it would be.

Profile Picture Geralyn, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

M&K Creations was the planner for my son's wedding in Fredericksburg in October 2017, and there are just no words to describe the outstanding job they did! Michelle and Kris are phenomenal; they were hands-on with my son and his fiance' throughout the wedding planning, and the rehearsal and day of the wedding went perfectly, because of them. Michelle is so perceptive and is always a step ahead of you - solving a problem or resolving an issue before you even ask. Her staff was attentive, efficient, polite, polished, and professional in every way - yet friendly and approachable, as well. I just cannot say enough about the professional and personal integrity of these women, and their ability to provide outstanding services to their clients, ensuring a perfect event. I highly recommend M&K Creations, and thank them profoundly for all that they did to make our son's wedding the most beautiful and perfect day of his and his bride's life. Because of Michelle and her team, it was!

Profile Picture Daniella, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Non-Religious

Occasions by M&K are wonderful! Michelle and her crew helped make my wedding day so perfect. I don’t know how I would have done it all without them! She handled EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine! I highly recommend them. They are very professional, yet fun! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Michelle accommodated us upon our initial inquiry, not letting on that her home base was 3+ hours from our Winery wedding venue, and meeting us on several occasions at the venue location for planning meetings. Michelle, Kris, and staff were polite, courteous, unbelievably accommodating not only to us but our guests, and overall a great investment. Our daughter's wedding ceremony started 30 minutes after the winery closed to commercial visitors, and the Occasions team worked seamlessly with the Big Cork Winery team to transition this venue for our private event. This transformation happened so elegantly as our guests arrived and mingled about -- it was MAGIC to watch. Occasions by M&K provided us with the perfect partnership we needed to assemble and manage all the loose details that quickly overwhelmed us. I highly recommend Occasions by M&K to manage anyone's event and thank them all sincerely for our wonderful memories!!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Occasions by M&K went the extra mile by placing decorations inside and outside the church and transferring them all to the reception site. They coordinated flawlessly with all our vendors. They made our day over the top.

Profile Picture Beverly, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
4.7

Kris and Michelle and their team are amazing! They helped me plan a wedding outside of their immediate area and didn't miss a beat. They were able to make it to appointments more than an hour away with me when my husband and family could not come. They were always early to appointments and I noticed when I would speak and say my ideas in the appointment they were always taking notes of what was being said. This made sure all the little details I may have mentioned once were not forgotten. I would highly recommend them for any event you are having because they are awesome!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/30/17, 1 Review
4.7

Michelle and her team at Occasions by M & K are top notch wedding professionals!!! When it was decided that our daughter's wedding would be at private home venue, but with the bride and groom 3,000 miles away, it was clear a wedding planner would be necessary! With Michelle's prompt replies to initial consult emails and calls, we knew she was the one to help create wedding magic!! She organized a list of reputable local vendors and set up calls/meetings/contracts with the caterer, florist, DJ, officiant, limo service, photographer, etc. and even accommodated east coast/west coast time differences! From start to finish, Occasions by M & K led the way with skilled wedding design assistance to day-of-wedding ccoordination and easily handled last minute details. Michelle's organization and time-lines were key to to creating a beautiful, memorable day. The entire team were wonderful and helpful, and a special kudos for their efficient post-wedding clean-up!! Occasions by M & K made the difference between many wedding worries to stress free wedding happiness; they are high recommended and definitely worth every penny!

Profile Picture User7295421, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner
4.7

We used M & K for both planning / preparation for the wedding and as day of event planners. As the M.O.B. it was so reassuring to know that M & K has a long history of helping brides have the best possible wedding experience. The advise and expertise with time lines and local vendors really helped keep us on track and reduced wedding planning anxiety. On the day of the wedding there were no worries that something would slip through the cracks. I was confident M.&K would handle any crisis that might occur. My daughter's wedding went exactly as planned and it was a beautiful event. If having a wedding planner is something you are considering I would recommend Occasions by M. & K.

Profile Picture User7429303, 2+ years ago, 1 Review