Occasions by Elena Reviews

47 Reviews for Occasions by Elena

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

47 Occasions by Elena Reviews

Reannah · Married on 11/10/2017

Elena was wonderful! She did my makeup for a business event and Christmas party I had. Both events were on the same day and my makeup was flawless all day! Elena was attentive, she listened to what I wanted and used her expertise to create a makeup look prettier than I could have imagined! She made me feel like a princess and you'll feel that way too when you work with her!

Dana · Married on 07/29/2017

Elena is one of the best hairdressers and makeup artist I ever tried, with 20 years of experience she's someone that you can trust and I highly would recommend to anyone that wants to look amazing on your special day or any other event.
    I had Elena do my hair and makeup on my special day( wedding day) and let me tell you she did an amazing job with both my hair and makeup. My hair turned out exactly the way I wanted stayed in place the whole day even though she did an updo. I've got so many compliments on my hair and makeup as well, nevertheless the pictures came out amazing.
    I was very happy and satisfied with her impeccable work and I would recommend her to anyone who wants to look radiant on your special occasion and be happy and more than satisfied with the work and service.
    Thank you Elena for your fantastic job I'm one very happy customer and recommend you to anyone.

Maria Alejandra · Married on 09/06/2014

Absolutely an amazing artist!! My hair and makeup were STUNNING on my wedding day. Elena was absolutely pleasant and fun to work with, from the very gigging she was fast to replay to my emails and phone calls, and during the trial and the day of the wedding she was very professional and detail oriented. The entire experience was wonderful, I hope to have another event to call Elena to do my hair and makeup all over again. I could totally recommend her services

Melissa · event on: 05/31/2012

Elena always comes with a smile and a story. She does really great work and always fixes anything without question if I think something looks slightly off. She's been doing my hair for a number of years now and I haven't gotten a haircut from someone else since my Bat Mitzvah. I enjoy seeing her and always end up looking amazing once she's done.

melissa · Married on 01/02/2013

Hi all! I'm from Australia, and my husband and I eloped in New York City in January! I thought it would be hard to find a hairdresser that I felt comfortable with, given the timing of my arrival and then the date of the actual wedding, there would be no chance to meet in person before the big day and get a trial. I emailed so many differnt people, but when I read Elena's prompt response, I could get a feeling from her words that she seemed relaxed, genuine and really passionate about her work. After a few emails back and forth to discuss various things, it was like chatting to a friend! I booked her, and on the day, she definately didn't dissapoint! She came to my hotel right on time, with her lovely assistant Jen, as i had a bridesmaide who also neede to be done. They were friendly and professional, and very accomodating with what I wanted and were even ok about the little space they had to work in!
    Our hair looked fantastic, and stayed in place all day!
    I would definately reccomend Elena and her team to any bride who wants amazing hair and is on a budget. Thanks guys!

• User2209349 · 2+ years ago

Elena was amazing! For our makeup and hair trial run she offered suggestions, took pictures and notes, and made excellent recommendations. We picked a hair style and makeup look that I was really happy with. The day of the wedding she arrived promptly and set up with her assistant. My makeup and hair looked gorgeous! My bridesmaids who got their makeup done by her assistant looked beautiful! And it really lasted for the entire day. Elena was prompt, courteous and professional throughout our entire interaction. I would recommend her services to anyone who wants to look their best. I was so lucky to have had her on my team!

Elena did an amazing job on my hair for my wedding. She was very professional and flexible with time. I did a trial first and she was very balanced between listening to what I wanted but also giving her professional opinion when I needed it. My hair was exactly how I wanted it and I still love it when I look at my pictures!

Paola · Married on 06/01/2012

Elena was great!
    She was in charge of my makeup and hair for my wedding as well as my made of honor's and my mother's.
    We scheduled a trial for which she was on time and very patient to help us find the styles we were looking for.
    The day of the wedding, she was the first person to be there. She was well prepared to make sure we had exactly the same look we picked on our trial, but she was also prepared to make last minute changes (my mother decided to change her hair style last minute).
    She was very professional, patient, and understanding with all the demands that a bride can have

Nitasha · Married on 02/04/2012

Elena is a very talented and detail oriented beautician and hair dresser. She is well worth the time and money that you spend figuring out your look for the day.

If you know what you want then its great, she make your dreams a reality. If you dont know what you want, like me, she gives you a look based on talking to you and trying out different looks. Either way it is guaranteed that you would look your best on the day.

Elena is very patient and understanding. She tries to find a balance between what you want and what your mothers want for you. If you are a bride you know what I am talking about. In the end you will get a beautiful look. She is excellent at both hair and make up.

On my wedding day, because of some changes to the dress, we had to scrap the do that we decided on the trial and go with something different, Elena was not only calm and composed but she also came well preapred for any last minute changes.

She was quick but great and dealt with everyone with high standard of professionalism.

I recommend her for both hair and makeup for you and your bridal party.

Deborah · Married on 10/09/2011

Elena and her assistant were wonderful additions to my wedding day. Elena is extremely professional and talented in her field. Everyone who attended my wedding complimented me on my hair and make-up and could not believe the transformations Elena had performed on all of my bridesmaids and the moms. Elena helped me to relax before my wedding ceremony and was very gentle, patient and understanding with every member of the bridal party.

Kristen · Married on 09/03/2011

Elena is great! She did an amazing job on everyone's hair on my wedding day. When I met Elena for a trial I showed her a picture of what I was looking for and she did a perfect job creating the romantic look that I wanted. My hair looked beautiful from all angles! I got so many compliments on it from my family and friends. Thank you so much Elena!

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2011

Elena and her team were amazing. Highly recommended!

Martha · Married on 05/22/2011

Dear Elena,
    I want to thank you for being a part of our wedding. I appreciate your time and participation. I was more than pleased with your amazing work. You made me feel and look like a princess on a very special day in my life :)

Thank you again for your spectacular work.

Love ,
    Martha

Ela · Married on 03/05/2011

Elena is absolutely fabulous. We had a few technical problems at the hotel and she dealt with them wonderfully and made sure that everyone was ready and beautiful on time.

Gwen · Married on 08/28/2010

I would recommend Elena without any hesistation. I called her 3 weeks before my wedding because I couldnt find anyone that I trusted or was relieable. Elena was professional and did an amazing job. She listened to what i really wanted and talked me through the whole process. I was very impressed by her from the second i met her. I will absolutely use her services again in the future. She is kind, smart, talented and professional. I looked beautiful on my wedding day and it was all because of her. She's fantastic!!!

Angela · Married on 08/28/2010

Dear Elena,
    I cannot thank you enough for making my wedding day so special. My hair was simply gorgeous and lasted the entire day and night.
    I am truly impressed by your professionalism and your talent. Perhaps above all, you always listened to exactly what I had in mind and delivered every time. Everyone complimented on how gorgeous I looked and I owe it all to you!
    I'd be happy and honored to recommend your services to anyone. Thank you for everything.
    Love,
    Martha.

Jill · Married on 08/14/2010

Elena and her team did hair and makeup services for my wedding two weeks ago and I could not have been happier. Everyone looked gorgeous and I LOVED my look for my wedding day. We were a large group- 10 for hair and makeup, but Elena's schedule ensured everything was on track and we were all ready on time. She was extremely helpful and flexible and made sure each girl looked perfect and more importantly that each was happy with her look. None of us has ever looked better! I would 100 perfect recommend using Elena. We will definitely be using her again for any event where we need to look our best.

Maria · Married on 08/13/2010

Elena did my hair and makeup for my sister's wedding and she did a beautiful job. She used strong colors for my lips and eyebrows so the contrast with the club lights was awsome. My husband, relatives, and friends did not stop telling me how much younger I looked and I got complements all night long. Since my skin has some brown spots, Elena used the airbrush foundation which made my skin evenly color and brighter. The pictures of the wedding album always remind me of that special evening and when I look at them I can not believe that beautiful lady was me. My sister, my daughter, and I always call Elena for our special parties and she is always available and willing to do our make up and hair.

Edimeire · Married on 04/17/2010

Elena did a great job with my hair and airbrush makeup. She also did my mom's hair and makeup. I am very pleased with her work and I definitely recommend her to any bride-to-be.

leonela · Married on 04/04/2010

Elena is excellent, very professional and punctual . She knows what you want and how you wanted, good listening . She made me feel, that the wedding day was the most important day of my life, I felt I was a model for a day, the hair was perfect and the make up was incredible, I danced all day and sweat and the make up was intact.. I highly recommended her. for me she was perfect.

• SarahnJames2010Apr17

Sarah · Married on 04/03/2010

Elena is a great find in a hair stylist and makeup artist. She made me feel so relaxed on the wedding day - I just sat back and let her work her magic with her airbrush and curling iron. She's pleasant to work with from start to finish!

Beth · Married on 09/19/2009

Dear Elena,

I wanted to thank you for doing my hair and makeup for my wedding and the makeup for my mom, aunt and mother in law. We were all so THRILLED with your work. While none of us normally wears make up you made us look natural yet beautiful and we all received numerous compliments about how we looked. Your warm and thoughtful manner makes so so easy to work with as well. You truly made me feel special on my special day. I wish you continued success in the future and I will continue to recommend you and hope to have the opportunity to use you again the future. Thank you so very much.

Best,

Beth

Joana · Married on 04/18/2009

Elena did an excellent job on my hair and make-up and my mom's hair and make-up for my wedding. I was very happy with how both of us looked. I highly recommend her. She was professional and friendly and got our hair and make-up done on time. We were very satisfied. Her coming to our home to get us ready was the perfect solution for a hectic and exciting day.

Bernadette · Married on 10/25/2008

Elena did a wonderful wonderful job in beautifying me on my wedding day. she did a great job and everyone praised her beautiful work... all the best and blessing elena =)

Rosario · Married on 08/09/2008

Working with Elena was wonderful! We meet a few times before the big day, to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. When it came down to price and quality, she was very reasonable and her work exceptional. I recommend her to every bride!