77 Reviews for Occasional Cakes LLC

Delivery (6)
Consultations (5)
Setup (5)
Cupcakes (1)

I hosted a 50th birthday celebration and the cake was the star! The almond flavored raspberry filled cake was divine! Absolute professionalism at its best. I will definitely recommend Occasional Cakes to others....

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

we love the setup and display of the cake. it was so delicious, beautifully. it was more than I imagine, many thanks.

Profile Picture Tanya, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Friendly staff, good quality cake!

Profile Picture Jinwang, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I first heard of this establishment when I went to a bridal showcase at the Newton White Mansion in January. I tasted the butter rum cake with buttercream icing. I also tasted the butternut cake. I failed to taste the no pink strawberry cake, but I tasted it at a later date. It was very moist, just not a flavor I'm in love with.

I decided to order a cake for my daughter's birthday party in March. I ordered a 1/4 sheet cake with a bowling theme. To say that I was satisfied was an understatement. The cake was absolutely DELICIOUS. Everyone at my daughter's party loved it and it was only a small bit left. The bowling decoration was beautiful as well.

I also used this bakery for my rehearsal dinner (10/22) and my vow renewal (10/29) and they both were amazingly delicious. The decorations of the cake, which I just trusted them with, surpassed my expectations.

I HIGHLY recommend this place.

Profile Picture User7367759, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We visited 3 wedding expos and tasted cake from many vendors. The bite from OC LLC was the first taste, and no other vendor's cake tasted nearly as good. We served several different flavors of cake and designed our own groom's cake. It was a pleasure to work with OC LLC!

Profile Picture Joy, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing!! Quality taste & beautiful cake!

Profile Picture Arielle, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I decided on Occasional Cakes after meeting the owner at a wedding showcase. I was first impressed by the her simple, yet elegant designs and was then blown away by the delicious taste of her cakes. We then met in person a few months later and she took the time to sit with my fiancee, mother, and I while we sampled many many flavors and pondered on the difficult decision of what flavors we loved the most! After our wedding, we got soooo many compliments from our guests regarding the flavor and freshness of the cake (some even asked if we had leftovers)! I'm so glad I chose to book Occasional Cakes and will definitely use them for any future events.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/27/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Occasional Cakes has been in my life for years. I have referred them out to couple getting married to include my own family. I am no longer a Wedding Consultant but continue to use them for my events (graduations, B-Day Parties, etc.) and will continue to use them in the future. The quality is outstanding and so is the presentation. You just can't go wrong using Occasional Cakes.

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Delivery

Occasional Cakes did an outstanding job with our wedding cake. Ms. Janice is very professional and easy to work with. She provided suggestions from the start that worked with our budget and created a beautiful cake for us. Our guests are still talking about how delicious and beautiful our cake was. I couldn't have picked a better person to do the job. I sincerely appreciate her beautiful work and thank her for contributing to making 5/14/16 such a beautiful day. I highly recommend booking Occasional Cakes!

Profile Picture Deidre, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

The cake was beautiful and delicious, everyone enjoyed it. The cake for a birthday/retirement celebration and exceeded my expectations, based on the design concept that I provided. Several guests took photos of the cake and inquired about the bakery. I would highly recommend this vendor to friends.

Profile Picture User6629117, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Janice provided a beautiful cake and it tasted amazing. A year later we unwrapped our top tier for our 1 year anniversary and the cake was still moist and delicious just like the night of our wedding. Thank You Jancie

Profile Picture Angela, 4/1/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We highly recommend Occasional Cakes. The cake for my daughter's wedding was exactly what she requested Aiso, it was moist and delicious. Several guests asked "Who did the cake ?". They were exceptionally professional and punctual !

Profile Picture Yvonne, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We met Janice at a Bridal Expo and we just thank her for creating such a beautiful cake! Everyone raved about the cake and how delicious it was! Janice was honest and not out to take our money and suggested cost efficient ways to save on feeding over 100 people. She also was able to recreate what we wanted and we loved it! She even added in an additional touch! I must admit that my sister ate 6 slices the night of the wedding and we did not use the sheet cake so the next day at the cookout she went ahead and ate just about half a sheet cake herself. She's all skin and bones but that may not last long! I thank you for making the vision come true! I may not be able to hold out on a year for the top tier!

Profile Picture Kay, 7/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Janice of Occasional Cakes is a skilled baker who not only can make a beautiful cake but bakes a cake that you actually WANT to eat. When I was looking for a someone to bake our wedding cake, my 1 requirement was that the cake look good but taste like it came out of my grandmother's kitchen. While we didn't get a chance to eat our cake, our guests are still talking about how good it was. (By the way, the reason we didn't get any cake is because people went back for seconds, and thirds, and no one put extras aside for us, the happy couple!) We do have our top layer for our anniversary and will be asking Janice to make us another "fresh" one to enjoy. Thanks Janice for being the first and easiest part of my wedding planning.

Profile Picture E, 11/26/14, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Occasional Cakes did an outstanding job of giving us a fantastic cake that was as beautiful outside as it was delicious inside. All of our guests talked about how moist and delicious the was and how amazing the cake looked. I had made appointments with three other wedding cake bakers and they all fell through. Not only were they ultra professional, but they were extremely reasonable and gave me options to keep my costs down. I would absolutely recommend them to EVERY bride and groom looking for the very best cake, at the best price!

Profile Picture Carroll, 9/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was a big hit among all guests!!! The taste was amazing as well as the price!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake is top notch, good ingredients, awesome flavor. You wont find a better price elsewhere. Janice is very professional and responsive. Of all my vendors she gets the complete 5/5. I highly recommend her. Answer quickly to your emails, delivers exactly what you order in design and taste.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The service was top notch service. I would recommend this company to my friends.

Profile Picture Claressa, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My daughter (the bride) and I first met Janice from Occasional Cakes at the Washington DC Bridal Show in January 2013. There were several cake vendors but none compared to Occasional Cakes. This was not just our opinion but as we walked around the convention center, we overheard many other guests making the same comments. We asked Janice to make and deliver our cake to our venue at Whitehall Manor in Bluemont, Va. but Janice had to regretfully decline because of the more than 65 miles she would have to drive to deliver the cake. Janice wants to deliver an exceptional product and in the extreme heat of August, this would be difficult. So we went to many cake tasting events at different bakeries in Northern Virginia trying to find a cake that matched Occasional Cakes. We were not successful but decided on a local bakery anyway. Since we did not have to place our order until the middle of July and our wedding was midweek on a Wednesday, I decided to try Janice one more time to see what we could do to fill my daughter's dream to have the "No Pink Strawberry" cake for her wedding cake and I sent her an email. Janice responded immediately. She said she would talk to her driver and get back to me. She got back to me right away with plans that if I could be flexible on the time the cake was delivered and how the cake was stacked, she could provide our cake. The venue agreed the cake could be delivered earlier in the day and we placed our order. The cake was the most delicious, moist beautiful wedding cake, a true masterpiece completing our dream wedding. The price we paid was more than reasonable. Outstanding service, outstanding responsiveness, outstanding value and flexibility. Janice showed her professionalism not wanting to accept business if she could not deliver an outstanding product but was willing to work together with us to provide our wedding cake. I will enjoy using Janice again and I highly recommend Occasional Cakes; best value, best product!

Profile Picture Sharon, 8/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Janice. Her cakes are beautiful AND delicious, with a hugh emphasis on delicious. If you are looking for a classic, elegant wedding cake at an affordable price, Occasional Cakes is your best option in the Silver Spring, Maryland area.

Profile Picture Tonja , 6/29/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Occasional Cakes provided exceptional and wonderful services for my wedding. The wedding cake and groom's cake were DELICIOUS!!! My wedding guests are still talking about the cake especially the Pina Colada flavor!! I will definitely recommend your services to everyone and order more cakes for other events! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Tandrea, 5/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Just absolutely wonderful and friendly service...and we didn't feel like we were talked into spending an arm and a leg. They worked with us to make the cake exactly as we had envisioned at a reasonable cost. In fact, it was even better than expected, in look and taste. The cake was beautiful on the outside and moist and well flavored on the inside. In fact, with such a wide variety of flavors, one of the hardest decisions was actually what flavors to choose. I loved that they included instructions on how to best preserve the anniversary layer, otherwise I would not have had a clue. I was extremely happy with the service we received. We could not have made a better choice than this vendor.

Profile Picture Patrice, 12/27/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Janice for Occassional Cakes, LLC was my vendor for my wedding cake. I was very impressed with her services and responsiveness to all of my 100 questions from the beginning to the end. On the day of my wedding, when i saw my cake, I was overwhelmed with excitement because it was the most beautiful cake i have ever seen. People are still telling me how delicious it was....and that's a good thing cause if people don't remember much from weddings they always remember the cake. I am recommending her to everyone i know.

Profile Picture Denise, 8/11/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Exceptional service from the initial consultation to delivery and set-up. Value was competitive and the presentation and taste exceeded our expectations. The butter rum flavor left our guests wanting MORE. I am already planning to use Occasional Cakes again.

Profile Picture Cecelia, 7/28/12, 1 Review