Occasion Creation Reviews

74 Reviews for Occasion Creation

Danielle & Craig · Married on 08/18/2013

Awesome Service, Very Helpful, Creative Ideas, Extremely Happy

Michelle · Married on 08/17/2013

The seating chart was absolutely beautiful! I had no worries when I worked with Missy. I knew what she would design would be gorgeous and elegant and I was right!

Erin · Married on 07/13/2013

Five stars is not enough! Occasion Creation is a great company to work with in planning a wedding! Missy is creative and enthusiastic about designing and making any event unique and special! She will taylor her designs to meet your vision and is full of suggestions to help brighten each piece of the event!

Sent on 08/14/2013

I had the most wonderful experience working with Missy at OCD. She has some amazing talent and had such great ideas for our wedding. We used so many of her tips and the day turned out perfectly! OCD also created our wedding invitations and they were beautiful! We continued to get comments on how pretty they were! Definitely recommend OCD to others!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Daniele · Married on 05/04/2013

Missy went above and beyond to make our wedding uniquely our own. We are still getting compliments on how everything came together.

Jocelyn · Married on 03/16/2013

Missy is an amazing person to work with. She is so detail oriented and leaves nothing to chances. She also is incredibly flexible and never tries to put her vision before the couple's vision but rather helps the bride and groom execute their dream day. I love her! Also I must add that day-of she really pulls out all of the stops and works like a champ to make things go off without a hitch.

Sent on 04/17/2013

Chiara · Married on 11/17/2012

My friend hired Occasion Creation Designs to help with her wedding design and paper products. During her planning process she kept telling me how wonderful they were and that she highly recommended I use them for my wedding. I had planned on just ordering my invitaitons online and designing the look of my wedding myself until I received my friends invitation and attended her wedding. Everything was absolutely beautiful and I knew I needed to contact Occasion Creation Designs for their wedding expertise. Missy was so wonderful to work with from the beginning. She was very easy to get ahold of and always helpful answering any of my questions or concerns. She will let you use any of the wedding supplies she already has and if you need anything additional she will do the shopping for you! She was even there the day of my wedding to set everything up. I really enjoyed being able to choose the paper for my invitations and what I wanted for my centerpieces. She will let you be as involved as you'd like! After I sent my invitations out, I had many guests call to tell me that they were the most elegant invitations they had ever seen. In conclusion, I highly recommend Occasion Creation Designs if you want a creative eye and a stress-free wedding planning experience.

Sent on 11/21/2012

Liz · Married on 09/29/2012

Missy at Occasion Creation was fantastic! I used her start to finish for all my graphic designs inclusing bridal shower and wedding invities, programs, signs, etc. Our guests raved about the designs. I'm beyond picky and her designs were incredible... exactly what I wanted. Our invites had the look and feel that rivaled bridal magazines yet all within my budget. I'm now working with Missy on my wedding thank you cards. Her work is perfection. I HIGHLY recommend working with her. You will be thrilled with the results :)

Sent on 11/18/2012

Kristen · Married on 09/15/2012

Occassion Creation designed and produced all of the paper products for our wedding and we also rented some other items from them. The invitations were beautiful, elegant, unique and set the tone for the wedding. The ceremony programs, menus, and seating chart all had the same look as the invitations. Occasion Creations also helped design the centerpeices and head table. The staff at Occasion Creations is talented and passionate about making your wedding special. Highly Reccomended to Brides in the Pittsburgh area!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Occasion Creation's reply:

Thank you so much for the positive review! We appreciate all of your kind words:)

Rachelle · Married on 09/08/2012

Occasion Creation was wonderful.. Thanks for all your help!!!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 09/08/2012

Working with Occasion Creation was a wonderful experience. From the moment I met Missy she was nothing but fabulous. She was professional, inviting, easy to talk to, understood my wants/needs and truly desired to meet my expectations and price point. Her communication was outstanding and highly appreciated as planning a wedding involves many aspects and deadlines. She made a very stressful time easier. The team at Occasion Creation are a joy to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning any sort of event, especially a wedding. They think of everything, even the small things. My wedding day was everything I wanted it to be and more largely because of the details and products Occasion Creation provided. They tied everything together from my invitations to my wedding programs to my table numbers and favors. It was truly amazing. I smile every time I think of how everything came together. Thank you Missy/team at Occasion Creation for making the wedding planning process easy, enjoyable and truly fantastic!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Lisa · Married on 09/01/2012

I had met Missy through an old co-worker years ago. When she got married I was looking through her photos and thought how creative her ideas were and how similar our taste was. Planning my own wedding, I thought I could do it all myself, but was having trouble finding invitations that were more my style, and not SO formal and proper. After a few email exchanges with Missy, she had a whole layout of how my invitations would look. From that point, we would meet and discuss budget, timelines and even other ideas that I had never considered. I had so many compliments on my invitations, saying things like "Received your invite today, it is the most beautiful and elegant invitation that I have ever seen." That definitely made me feel good, as that is the 1st impression of how people perceive what your big day is going to be like. From there, I worked with her on my escort cards, church programs, table numbers, cookie tags and a few signs for the tables. Everything matched and I couldn’t have been happier. She was always a pleasure to work with, where as a lot of the other vendors that I worked with in planning our wedding, were not. I would highly recommend Occasion Creation to anyone and would use them again in the future.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Danelle · Married on 08/11/2012

Missy and Occasion Creation set the tone for our wedding by creating beautiful wedding invitations. They were stunning!! Missy also created envelopes for our guest photobooth pictures, escort cards and table numbers. Everything was put together so beautifully. I can't thank Missy enough for how much she did for my husband and I. So many of our guests commented on how elegant everything was. I would absolutely recommend her services to anyone!!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Missy is AMAZING & I'm so thankful that i found her. My wedding was approaching and it was very hard to find someone that knew exactly what i wanted and could make as many programs and menus as i needed! When i saw my wedding programs (when Missy went out of her way to meet me at work to ensure i received them prior to the wedding) I couldn't believe how beautiful they were!!!! They were everything I imagined and more!

She mades some tweaks in order to have the pricing where i needed it for my budget- so she works with you to make sure its exactly what you want and within your budget!

We all know in the crazy bride world we email and people don't email you right back and you panic- NOT MISSY I would email her and if she didn't respond right away she would call or text!

Not one complaint.... VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Jennifer · Married on 01/07/2012

Occassion Creation created all of our paper products for our wedding - invites, table menus, escort cards, programs, bar menus, and favor tags. The final products were professional, beautiful, and exactly what I had in mind! Missy is very flexible and easy to work with. She also was a HUGE help in decorating our reception on the wedding day. I gave her my ideas, but also just trusted her creative mind and I was super pleased with the results! I cannot say enough great things about Occassion Creation. I would highly recommend to any bride looking for custom invitations and decor design.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Occasion Creation's reply:

Thank you so much for the kinds words Jenn! We really appreciate it. I truly enjoyed working with you on your wedding and look forward to helping with any other special occasions in your future that you may need paper items, decor, rentals or event design for- Missy, Occasion Creation

Missy did an absolutely amazing job on my invitations, table numbers and seating chart for my wedding. My mom and I got numerous compliments stating that they were the prettiest invitations people had ever seen! I absolutely loved the final product and Missy was the one to thank for that. I went in with a few ideas and she really captured my vision and did an incredible job! I would absolutely recommend anyone to her and her company Occasion Creation!!! Beautiful work!!!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Debi · Married on 05/26/2013

Missy was wonderful to work with, she is creative, detail oriented and such an asset to have when planning an event. Missy provided our save the dates, shower invites, wedding invites, shower decorations and all signage, programs and pictures we needed for the wedding day. We received numerous compliments on all of the products Missy provided and where so happy with everything she did. Would highly recommend for any event you are planning.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Missy designed all of my paper items for my wedding. My wedding invitations were custom designed and I received so many compliments on them. Missy was reliable, flexible and a pleasure to work with. All of the items she designed for my wedding were so unique and fit perfectly into my theme. I would recommended Occasion Creation to plan your wedding.

Sent on 06/14/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/12/2013

Missy and the team at Occasion Creation helped bring my vision to life. We gave her some keywords like art deco, 20s & 30s, Gatsby, etc. plus some of our color schemes... and then we gave her our budget and they turned out the most stunning and unique invitations I could have dreamed of. Everything they create for you is one-of-a-kind so you know that your design is unique to you; and they really help in making sure that you get exactly what you want within your budget. We're still getting compliments about our printed pieces. They also created our table numbers and a few printed pieces for our reception to match our invitations, as well as renting us some centerpieces that fit our peacock feather theme. They are very creative and really help your event POP. I highly recommend them for your wedding.

Sent on 04/28/2013
  • Z

Zennee · Married on 09/24/2016

3.5

Loved the invitations! Thanks for everything

Sent on 11/18/2016

Thank you Zennee! It was a pleasure working with you:) Missy

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

Missy was truly a pleasure to work with. I felt as though I could text, call or email at just about any hour and she would get back to me. We worked with Missy for both our invitations as well as paper products for the wedding day (programs, table cards, table numbers, signage). Missy had the ability to take our vague description of what we wanted and offer so many great suggestions that we came out with a paper set that we truly loved. When an issue arose with the ink on our printed invitation envelopes that threw our timeline off a bit, Missy did everything she could to correct the issue which included delivering items to my workplace, meeting me half way to pick up items and tying bows on programs for me in the last hours. It was a rare error that came out of the blue but Missy handled it so professionally and I can’t thank her enough for all the hard work she did for us to make sure everything was perfect. Even though the mistake was the fault of her paper provider, Missy returned our printing fee out of the goodness of her heart. We received so many compliments on how stunning our invitations were and that’s a large thanks to Missy for her suggestions and eye for design! She is so personable and makes sure that you get exactly what you want!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Everything turned out absolutely beautiful. I didn't get the reception items (place cards and table numbers) as early as I'd liked and thought I would. I am a very ahead-of-time type person though, so this may not bother others.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Occasion Creation's reply:

Hello~ Thank you very much for your review! I apologize if you felt your items were not on time. I strive to provide quality items and services to make sure every client is happy. To ensure that customers get their items I do offer flexible times to meet with them (morning and night) for pick up at your convenience. I also will volunteer to drive orders to my client's venue as a favor... so they may take a few extra days to be delivered depending on appointments I have scheduled- but I will always get the items you order to you before the big day! Thank you very much for your business:)
  • User3201382 · 2+ years ago

Excellent value, will bend over backward to make your event perfect.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2016

3.2
      3.0

Had to use occasion creation with my wedding venue. Had to repeat myself multiple times to get what I needed. Then told the lady that my colors were pink and silver. Got my wedding pictures back to see that she put all of my signs in gold frames...... it looked so stupid. Luckily, I did not see it the day of my wedding. But was VERY upset to see how stupid the gold frames looked in my wedding pictures that I will have forever. The signs were ok, but having to repeat myself and remind them constantly was not ideal when already being stressed about the wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Occasion Creation's reply:

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Occasion Creation. I am very sorry to see you were disappointed with your services. I do want to apologize that you felt you had to repeat yourself - I try very hard to take good notes but there are a lot of little details that go into weddings and sometimes I have several in one weekend so I may have to check in a few times just to make sure all details are clear. I cannot however take responsibility for the color of the frames for the signage. I do not provide frames for the wedding paper packages- that is something that your venue provides to you and I have no control over. Thank you again for your review - it will be used to better the level of service I provide to my future clients.