OC Cruiser Reviews

16 | Orange, CA

16 Reviews for OC Cruiser

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Julie · Married on 01/11/2014

Getting the OC Cruiser big red woody shuttle was one of the best decisions we could've made for our wedding. More than 90% of our guests were staying at the Best Western hotel on PCH and we wanted a safe way for them to get to/from our wedding at Tivoli Too. While it's only 2.5 miles away, we didn't want anyone to get a DUI or have them hold back on having fun at the reception because they were worried about driving. We had 3 shuttle times leaving the hotel and 3 leaving Tivoli at the end of the night. All were on time and Tom came in to the reception at the end to make sure the last of the stragglers (including me) didn't miss the bus. We supplied beer on the bus for our guests, which always adds to the fun, and our driver Tom was playing Beach Boys and Dick Dale on the radio. Everyone had such a fun time partying on the bus and taking photos, it got the party started right from the hotel. I was the bride, and I even rode it back with all of the bridal party and lots of guests. Definitely worth every penny (and photo). OC Cruiser was easy to work with, Brooke was always quick to get right back to me, and Tom was a very safe and punctual driver.

Cynthia · Married on 05/24/2013

We found OC Cruiser on accident after reading horrible reviews about CA Trolley - the people I wanted to hire but would never respond to my phone calls or e-mails!

Their cool surf buses fit the cool Santa Monica vibe at our wedding and were fun for photos. Our driver played awesome music and was timely on getting up to the church on time, photos and eventually to the reception. I would recommend them to anyone.

Andrea · Married on 03/23/2013

The drivers were very kind and timely which helped to make our day a success!
    All of our guests enjoyed the atmosphere and music of the shuttle!

We were very pleased with the services! We totall 100% recommend this shuttle service without hesitation! Thanks again!

Nancy · Married on 11/26/2011

I love the OC Cruiser. This is the second time we have used them for wedding transportation. We also used them for my other daughter's wedding day three years ago. In summary: they are so easy to work with, always on time and reachable, great value and fun, fun, fun.

• Mary

Mary · Married on 07/23/2011

I used the OC Cruiser to take my guests from their hotel to the ceremony then to the reception. Everyone was wonderful to work with! The drivers were very polite and did everything to make my day as enjoyable as they could. My guests loved the cruisers!

Samantha · Married on 03/26/2010

A BIG thank you to OC Cruiser! We decided to add transportation for our hotel guests at the last minute, and OC Cruiser were extremely professional and worked with us only a week before the wedding. They were prompt and very reasonable with prices. They showed up early on wedding day, and the guests loved the old-fashioned van. THANK YOU for taking care of all of our transportation needs for day-of! Highly recommend their services for weddings or any event needs.

• onetallbride

Kathleen · Married on 01/23/2010

The OC Cruiser provided transportation for our group from the Long Beach Hilton to the Sapphire Princess where we had the wedding and reception. We had 50 guests total that we split between guys on the first trip and gals on the second trip. They gave us a VERY reasonable price compared to many of the quotes that we had for transportation. The wedding day the driver arrived on time and all of the guys thought it was great! Although not everything worked out the way we had hoped with the OC Cruiser that day, Brooke far exceeded our expectations in making it right. We would definitely recommend OC Cruiser transportation for your wedding needs and for any event you want to make extra special!!!

Sloane · Married on 05/08/2010

OC CRUISER did a GREAT JOB. I got married around prom time in Southern California so finding transportation for my guest from the Hotel to the wedding venue started to become a challenge. OC CRUISER came through! They were able to fit my needs and even were able to squeeze in another party during the time I didn't need the Cruiser. All the guest RAVED on how awesome the cruiser was! I had no communication problems and Brooke from OC Cruiser returned every email promptly. She even followed up a day before the wedding to review the day of wedding schedule even though she emailed me. We had more guest use the transportation than planned but our driver Andrew was patient and waited for everyone. I will be using their services again in the future!

Sent on 05/12/2010

OC Cruiser's reply:

Thanks Sloane! :o)

Ali · Married on 05/30/2009

I booked the OC Cruiser last minute for transportation and they were wonderful to work with! The buses are cute, clean and fun! The driver was very accomodating and safe. I would definitely use the service again for a party.

• FlacaSandra

sandra · Married on 08/02/2008

3.5

This transportation served as a replacement for CA Trolley when the trolley had a last minute break down. In the end, I think it worked out just as well - if not better. Getting married in Long Beach with our fotos @ Shoreline Village and at the Lighthouse this went along with our theme wonderfully. Our driver was very laid back - he said his name was Tommy and in an effort to match the theme, we called him Tommy Bahama. He was cool! He even took part in our photo shoot to get us props - he asked a family taking a covered bike ride to let us borrow their bike for some really cool pictures! What a team player!!! We drank on the bus, laughed and generally goofed off. It was great. It accomodated our large bridal party - 20 plus, along with the two photog's & the videographer. Very reasonably priced and they really saved the day for us! Thanks to Brooke, who helped us book and Tommy who was our driver.

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2012

I used OC Cruiser as transportation from the church to our reception. I also had them stop off at the Mission in San Juan Capo for photos. Our bus driver was cool and patient because he put up with the lot of us drinking, yelling, and singing on the bus. Showed up on time and knew where to go without me having to remind him. The bus is great for pictures too!

Stacey · Married on 10/05/2008

The people at OC Cruiser were terrific to work with. They provided shuttle transportation for the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception. They worked with us to provide the service we needed in the most cost effective way. Their drivers were friendly, careful, courteous and quick to provide solutions when a few unexpected variations arose. We had many compliments from our guests about OC Cruiser and how pleasant it was to have this type of transportation to our weekend events.

Sent on 11/05/2008

OC Cruiser's reply:

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate it! :o)

Danielle · Married on 07/19/2008

On time, friendly, and what a hoot! Our out of town guests (from Canada, England, New Zealand, Portugal, etc.) got such a kick out of the VERY CALIFORNIA style bus parked out front of the church blasting the beach music (as per my husband's request) happily sandwiched between a very classy ceremony and classy reception. Our driver made several stops -- picked up the guys, took them to the church, picked up my bridesmaids, took them to the church, after the ceremony, picked up the entire wedding party, took us to Mission SJC for pictures, then picked up the wedding part from the mission and delivered them to El Adobe de Capistrano -- all in four hours! The driver even allowed us to open a couple bottles of champagne on the bus so we could begin our celebration early!

• The

The · Married on 07/12/2009

3.0

It took some time to get a hold of the company. I had to be pretty persistent on calling to get a hold of someone to help with scheduling and picking a cruiser. The OC Cruiser was a lot of fun and very nice looking. It was able to hold the wedding party so we could all ride together to the ceremony. They were very accommodating on transporting the guests from the reception site to the ceremony site. Except that the driver never made the last trip and close friends of mine almost missed the ceremony. However, if you were to use the cruiser for just the bridal couple I am sure things would play out great. Overall, they were great and it was a blast.

Katherine · Married on 07/14/2012

2.8
      2.0

In the beginning it was hard to get in touch with their representative. In fact, it took my then fiancé, now husband, to send a strongly lettered email to get a response. One we did get in touch with them, she was very nice and easy to deal with. Our purpose of using the OC Cruiser was to transport guests from one location to another, then back. My biggest complaint was that the driver on the day of my wedding got the first batch of guests lost and took them to the wrong location. It was the guests that had to tell him where to go which was very disappointing. In addition, we had made a CD for music to be played during the transportation and the driver forgot about it and did not use it until halfway through. I never contacted the vendor about these concerns, because there was nothing they could do after the fact...I know mistakes happen and would like to assume our issues were just a series of mistakes and probably don't happen too often.

0.0

Working with OC Cruiser was a complete nightmare.

After reading the reviews here, we hired them as our wedding shuttle service. Unfortunately the shuttle driver forgot to fill up the gas tank, and our guests were stranded at hotels and had to scramble to find their own rides to our wedding. It caused delay to our wedding service and was incredibly stressful for our guests.

While I understand that mistakes happen, OC Cruiser did not reach out to us to apologize or to try to make up for the unfortunate situation. After repeated follow ups on my part, they finally replied in an incredibly rude and derogatory fashion (I am happy to share my correspondence with any prospective clients so feel free to reach out to me in a private message via Yelp. You do not want to take a chance for important events).

Here's the kicker - the reason why OC Cruiser has such great reviews is that they said I would only get a refund if I promised not to write any negative reviews. Well, here we are. I decided that the opportunity to warn future clients is so much more important than a few hundred dollars. I would never recommend this service to anyone and have already turned away 3 friends from using it.