Oakwood Wedding Chapel Reviews

81 | Oxford, MI

81 Reviews for Oakwood Wedding Chapel

3.5

We were very happy with the flexibility and cooperation! The overall size and location was [nearly] perfect for our wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Pastor Larry · Married on 08/06/2016

I have been a pastor for 30 years and have peformed many weddings in those years. We chose Oakwood Wedding Chapel as the venue for our daughter's wedding ceremony and celebrations. Why? Because Anne Marie, her staff, and her facilities are exceptional. Take it from a professional who knows a thing or two about weddings. You will make an excellent choice when you choose Oakwood Wedding Chapel to oversee the details of your special day. I highly recommend Anne Marie!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/06/2014

4.2

Everything went perfectly! Thanks Ann Marie!

Sent on 09/24/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/19/2017

2.8
      3.5
      3.0

We had a different experience than others had...Not 5 star at all.
    My cousin recently got married there. The reception tent was not good.
    Holes in tent, dirty. She said she was embarrassed and disappointed. Spent a lot of money and tent was not up to the quality she was hoping for. I know they hire a company to set up the tent but they should get a better one to keep up their reputation. My cousin did not want to put her name on this as she likes the owner, but she was bummed out.

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • reichan

alicia · Married on 06/27/2009

2.6
      2.0

We used Oakwood Wedding Chapel for our ceremony venue, invitations, tuxes and chair rental. Everything seemed to be going great... The invitations were great exactly how we wanted them. The tuxes all fit and looked great which was especially important since the guys didn't try them on till the rehersal! The chairs looked great and were all set up for us, but it did take a few tries to get Anne Marie to order them and let us know how much they were going to cost. I was starting to worry when she hadn't talked to her guy yet two weeks before the wedding, but it worked out. The major problem came like two weeks before the wedding when I found out that she was having three weddings that day each only two hours apart! When we booked the chapel she led us to believe that she only booked one wedding per day that way no one felt rushed or anything, we would be able to get read there and do pictures and stuff before the wedding,turnes out she lied. Our wedding was scheduled for 3:00 and our contract said we had 2 1/2 hours of ceremony time. Then she tells me that there is a wedding at 1 and a wedding at 5 and we were not allowed to arrive at the chapel until 2 and had to be out by 4. Now I'm pretty good at basic math and 2 till 4 does not add up to 2 1/2 hours. When I questioned this and reminded her that my contract said 2 1/2 hours she said oh I changed it I should have crossed that out its only 2 hours now. Like it was no big deal! So I only had one hour to decorate, get dressed, and to get some pictures done. Then only one hour to do the ceremony, pictures and remove all of my decorations and get out. I was not happy at all! She is lucky I wasn't a crazy bridezilla! She was rushing along the whole wedding and screwed up the music when I was walking down the isle. I definitely would not recommend using her for your wedding unless your ok with in and out in 2 hours and finding your contract is meaningless. It seems wonderful to begin with but its all an illusion. Keep looking.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Oakwood Wedding Chapel's reply:

This review above is incorrect and is not accurate. I am very upset that this is posted on my website review. I have a ton of brides that would tell everyone what a great job I did and how professional I am. I am sorry this bride was this unhappy. I wish I would of known that day. The music and boom box was provided by her and was not the greatest system to use at all. I would appreciate this comment to come off my website. The day of her wedding she was not rushed at all she had plenty of time for everything, 2 hours. Most chapels only give you 45 minutes from start to finish! I allow 2 hours and if I do not have another wedding that day you may use it longer at no additional charge, but if I do have a another wedding that day you are allowed 2 hours. I hope this review does not discourage any brides or grooms because it is untrue! Come and see for yourself and then make your decision.

Kaitlyn · Married on 12/05/2015

2.0

I got married on Thursday December 3, 2015. When I met Anne Marie, I was very pleased. She seemed very nice and accommodating. I wanted a semi-non traditional wedding as I married a man with two kids and I wanted the kids included in the wedding ceremony. The day of our rehearsal when we had the kids up on the alter with us, Anne Marie seemed very annoyed by this in spite of the conversations I had with her months prior. Then the day of our wedding ceremony, I felt rushed by Anne Marie the whole time we were there. Our Wedding Ceremony was at 3 pm and she had someone coming at 4 pm to look at the chapel, which we found out while we were trying to take photos at the chapel. Our bridal party went to clean up the bridal party rooms, since there was someone coming to look at the chapel and at that point since we were also getting closer to 4 pm my mom went and to talk to Anne Marie about that if we went over 4 pm that we would pay additional money. In spite of the offer to pay additional money and the bridal party cleaning up the bridal rooms, I still felt like it was an inconvenience that we were still taking pictures before 4 pm. She told us once that we were fine, but it seemed very insincere. If I knew this was going to happen prior to my wedding ceremony I would have chosen a different venue. The chapel and grounds itself are very lovely and made for wonderful pictures, but the overall experience was very disappointing.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Oakwood Wedding Chapel's reply:

Hello Kaitlyn, I am very sorry you felt that way. You had the facility for 2 hours from 2-4 p.m. this was listed in your contract. The brides room and grooms room are to be cleaned out prior to the wedding so it is ready for pictures prior to the wedding so clothing is not all over. This is listed in your contract as well. As far as your children on the altar it is more for their safety that they are not running and jumping off the altar. I was not annoyed at all if I looked like that it was because I was worried they were going to get hurt. Please remember this is a beautiful place and I allow a lot of time for the use. I really go out of my way to make sure each bride and groom have a beautiful day to remember. If the rooms are not cleaned out before the ceremony then yes you may feel rushed. I allowed you guys to come early before your usage time so you would be able to take pictures before as well. There were several of my pew decorations that were broke that your mom offered to pay for and I told her not to worry about it. I am sorry if you felt rushed. I am really sorry you felt this way. Best of wishes to you.