Oakwood Wedding Chapel Reviews

81 | Oxford, MI

81 Reviews for Oakwood Wedding Chapel

Allyson · Married on 05/05/2012

Anne Marie was amazing. She was very accomadating to my mother in law and sister in law that wanted to pop in every now and then and see the chapel and they had lots of good questions for her and she was always smiling and willing to help. She was very flexible on times for the rehearsal and always a quick text or phone call away with any little question that I would come across. The rehearsal was great and she was very helpful in queuing everyone. The day of the wedding she kept everything running right on time and some how she seemed to have been in 15 spots at one time because everywhere I turned she was helping someone else or telling others directions. She is an amazing person to have by your side. I would DEFINITELY recommend having your ceremony here and the pastor was great as well.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Danielle · Married on 04/27/2012

Oh wow, where to begin?? Anne Marie was incredible. From day one she was more than accommodating. I went into this with no knowledge of weddings or where to even begin and she guided me the entire way. She always had referencing or ideas and her references were amazing. Everyone she introduced us to were wonderful and SO helpful. Anne Marie was never bothered by my constant calls trying to make sure I was on the right path and always answered questions. She responded to emails within the same day and even answered her phone to answer my questions while she was on vacation!! She was a dream come true!! Thank you SO so much Anne Marie!!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Melodie · Married on 01/21/2012

Oakwood Wedding Chapel was amazing! From the time we first visited to all the suggestions for invitations, dress, photographer, and more worked out perfectly. Anne Marie knows her stuff! She uses her experience to help you make your wedding seamless. From helping us pick elegant, yet inexpensive invitations, to referring a dress shop (where I found all my dresses on first try), the photographer, the pastor, she helped my guys get the tuxes. What a fabulous experience. If I had it to choose all over again I would certainly go with Oakwood Wedding Chapel, as well as highly recommend it to others!!
    Mitch with Sugarvisions Photography was just wonderful. Pastor Bob is such a sweet man. The women at Glorious Collections in Oxford were awesome to work with. All referrals from Mitch. This made my life so much easier with the planning and I can't thank her enough for all she did and provided!!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/26/2011

Words can't express how happy Mike and I were on our wedding day and thanks to Anne Marie for making that happen. The moment I walked in the door at Oakwood Wedding Chapel I knew it was the right place I wanted to have our wedding at. Anne Marie was so welcoming and so sweet as soon as my mother and I met her. I would recommend Oakwood Wedding Chapel to any bride to be.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Theresa · Married on 09/16/2011

Anne Marie was so helpful from start to finish. The biggest value for me was that she was there on the rehearsal day as well as the weeding to guide and direct and that was one thing that I did not have to worry about

Sent on 10/04/2011

Cathy · Married on 09/10/2011

Anne Marie is awesome! She takes her time to make it special, shes professional, organized and easy to get ahold of. The church is beautful!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Jennifer · Married on 08/20/2011

Wow were to begin! Anne Marie was the most professional wonderful, caring person I have ever encountered! She was to say the least AMAZING in every step of the planning process! Our first meeting was before she had even converted the downstairs to a reception hall and it was fun to see how much it changed! We had our Ceremony and reception their, ordered our invitations, got tux's, had her in house caterer, and her officiant. We even had a 'small' glitch in having to postpone our wedding (only 6 weeks before it was suppose to happen) and she was so nice and polite with rescheduling it. We understood prices go up and our contract was rewritten, no big deal. And we also understood some things changed as she didn't even have the set up yet for her reception hall!

AnneMarie was always quick to answer any emails or phone calls I gave and was hands on during the rehearsal and wedding! She was fantastic! I loved working with her and will recommend her ALWAYS! Pastor Bob was great too and made our ceremony unique to us...we appreciated that so much as we have a blended family! The food was wonderful and the staff was so nice! They made sure everything was perfect for us and it was truly our Fairytale Wedding!

The chapel is absolutely beautiful with the stain glass windows and wood pews. No detail is left to wonder and she is willing to work around pretty much anything you want! My friends and family are still raving about how much fun they had and how good the food was 3 weeks later so that makes me vary proud of my choice in vendors! Thank you for all you do Ann!!!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Margo · Married on 06/04/2011

Oakwood Wedding Chapel did an excellent job, we could not of asked for better service.

Sent on 08/05/2011

Stephanie · Married on 05/20/2011

We used Oakwood Wedding for our reception. Everything was
    wonderful. The food, the staff and the service was just out of this world. We had complement after complement on the food, the service and the table's and decorations. We could not have been more
    please with the way our reception turned out.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Terri · Married on 05/14/2011

I honestly can't say enough good things about Oakwood Wedding chapel. If you are looking for a chapel this is the best way to go or even if you are not sure what you want, make sure to check this place out. The lady (Anne Marie) who owns the place is amazing, so sweet and ready to help you with you whatever you need. The guys even got the tuxedo's there. They were picked up the day of rehearsal which made things so much easier on everyone. One of the best choices that we made for our wedding day was choosing Oakwood Wedding Chapel! It is beautiful and very affordable! Thank You Anne for make our day so special!
    Mr. & Mrs. Jenkins

Sent on 05/25/2011

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2010

I do not even know where to start with all of the good things i have to say about this Chapel, but I think i will start out by saying Ann Marie(the owner) was a dream to deal with during this whole process - from start to finish, she was so kind and helpful. We got married New Years Eve 12-31-10! Ann Marie made us feel so comfortable. The brides room downstairs was very clean and spacious, the capel was so beautifully decorated during the Holidays, which was nice as i didnt have to pay for any extra decorations, floral, lighting, it was perfect!! Another plus was Partor Bob!! He had such a great personality and sence of humor and reasonably priced as well. The entire experiance was perfect - even going there the next day to pick up things left behind was easy. I left my wedding music cd there and after 5 months she still had it and mailed it to me!! Very trustworthy, honest and all around great people to deal with - just one less thing you have to worry about in such a stressful time! I'd reccommend Oakwood Wedding Chapel to anyone!!! Jessica Raymond

Sent on 05/17/2011

Kimberly · Married on 12/23/2010

We were very impressed with Oakwood Wedding Chapel. Anne Marie was absolutely fantastic in helping us prepare our special day. When we first met, she was able to relieve any stress that we had begun to have and helped us plan our wedding. We decided to have both our ceremony and reception there. With her help, we were also to find a minister, photographer, videographer, flower vendor, cake vendor, caterer, bartender, security gaurd and even rent the tuxedo's directly from her. She did have a list of disc jockeys that were very reasonable but we decided to have jazz singers instead.

Prior to our big day, Anne Marie was always a phone call or text away. She made herself available to answer any and all questions. The ceremony turned out beautiful and we loved the intimate setting it provided. Our guests also loved the reception being downstairs from where the ceremony was held. The food was amazing and we were even able to get them to barbeque steaks in the middle of winter for us.

The staff was very polite and worked quickly to ensure the night ran smoothly. Anne Marie was great working with the kids involved in our wedding as well. They listened to her and followed all her directions. We were able to get dressed there and the tuxedos were able to be left there when we were done for the night.

Pastor Bob had a great sense of humor and worked well provided the type of ceremony we were hoping for.

Mitch, the photographer was great and worked on making sure that every picture we wanted was taken and did an amazing job getting the toddlers to sit still during the photos. Her prices were very reasonable.

We could go on all day about the wonderful services provided by Oakwood Wedding Chapel. Anne Marie will go out of her way to make sure that your wedding is absolutely perfect!

Sent on 12/27/2010

Emily · Married on 12/18/2010

Anne Marie and her staff was a pleasure to work with! They really made the night all about us. We didn't have to worry about anything. So many people told us that the ceremony cite was beautiful and the food was excellent! Almost 2 weeks after our wedding our family and friends were still talking about how much fun our wedding was! It was a great night!

Sent on 12/27/2010

Kristen · Married on 12/03/2010

Oakwood wedding chapel is a beautiful, charming little sanctuary in the country run by a beautiful host who made sure that every little detail was just perfect. Details that we noticed were the beautiful antiques, modern colors in stained glass windows, soft lighting, wonderfully appropriate art and a sweet recommendation for a pastor. The photos on the website don't do the basement justice. It would have been a nice place to have everyone gather afterward.

Sent on 12/28/2010

Brenda · Married on 11/27/2010

Anne & Oakwood Chapel were perfect for us - they provided an awesome venue for our wedding. We used them for the tuxedos, the venue, the food, the linens and it made everything very easy for us to set up and coordinate.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Rose · Married on 11/20/2010

The Oakwood Wedding Chapel is a quaint white chapel in the country. A perfect setting. They did a wonderful job. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding. I was able to order my invitations, rent tuxedos and have my reception catered through them. They provided me with wedding vendors as well. I highly recommend the Oakwood Wedding Chapel.

Sent on 12/26/2010

Christian · Married on 10/10/2010

Anne Marie's attention to details from our first meeting with her, to the day of the wedding, was very professional and helped make our son and daughter-in-law's wedding day very special. In the short period of seven weeks she had to work with, she was able to coordinate the ceremony itself and the wonderful outside reception also. Her attention to the "little things" people often forget or overlook helped us to feel that everything was covered in preparation for the big day. The Oakwood Wedding Chapel and it's surrounding grounds make for a very picturesque wedding site. We highly recommend her to any couple planning to get married who want someone that will take the personal interest in their wedding plans which will make their special day so wonderful and memorable.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Nikki · Married on 06/12/2010

Me and my husband were married at Oakwood Wedding Chapel and we had our reception there as well. Anne Marie was very kind and she helped with everything! The wedding went perfect and it was set up beautiful. Anne Marie and her staff did a wounderful job with the reception! I am very pleased with how everything turned out on my special day. IT WAS PERFECT!

Sent on 07/05/2010

Annalisa · Married on 06/06/2010

This was the perfect place to have a wedding ceremony. The chapel has a very quaint and historic feel to it and it can hold alot of guests in comparison to other chapels. It is also nice for pictures inside and outside. It is more like a church than a chapel which is what I liked about it. It has nice stained glass windows and a huge area to get ready for the bride. Also the wedding coordinator and Pastor were very accommodating and made my wedding work great for me! Also, the prices were great....even for the tuxedo services we had. I would definitely recommend this to any bride getting married!!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Revonda · Married on 11/28/2009

Working with AnnMarie was a pleasure, Everything went as planned, very organized and very efficient. The Chapel looked beautiful and extra seating was set up for overflow if necessary. We ordered the Tuxes for the groomsmen thru AnnMarie and there were no problems.

Sent on 12/15/2009

Katelynn · Married on 11/28/2009

I had my wedding November 28th, 2009 at the Oakwood wedding chapel and couldn't ask for anything better. I worked with Anne Marie for over a year planning my special day. Anne Marie made me feel comfortable everytime we met or talked and helped me so much being a young bride. Anne Marie is one of the nicest woman I have ever met and made me feel like it was all about me on that day. Anne Marie also provideed me with tuxes for the wedding party. She had a very profesional mannor and was able to be flexible with all the groomsmen with working out fittings. The Oakland wedding Chapel is a perfect spot to get married, it is cozy and beautiful inside with stain glass windows. There are so many options for scenary you will not be dissapointed with pictures. If I had an option to do my wedding over, I wouldn't go anywhere else but here. Wonderful people at a wonderful place!

Sent on 01/04/2010

Jeanne · Married on 08/22/2009

We had our wedding and reception here and both was great! So convenient. We had our reception in a white cathedral tent and the weather couldn't of been better. We wanted it a Luau theme. We had volleyball set up and horse shoes for our guests to play after dinner, it was awesome! Very relaxed and everyone had a great time. Anne Marie and her staff were there the entire to oversee everything and make sure everything went well. I couldn't of asked for a better wedding day. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 11/16/2009

Oakwood Wedding Chapel's reply:

I really appreciate the nice review from all of my brides and grooms. The review below is incorrect and I do not appreciate these false reviews on my site. I would hope a bride and groom would not make their decision upon this next review. I am truly sorry that this bride felt like this and I wish I would of know the day of her wedding. I don't know how she felt rushed when she had 2 hours. Most chapels allow only 45 minutes from start to finish!

Matt · Married on 05/15/2009

This was a traditional wedding in many words. This place I would recommend to play that want something normal. There are so many other great places to get married at.

Sent on 06/06/2009

Hena · Married on 12/13/2008

We had a very good experience at Oakwood Wedding Chapel where I renewed my vows. They were very accomodating with our requests. They always responded to our calls very quickly. They paid attention to every detail and my ceremony was absolutely perfect. The flowers were beautiful and the ceremony was flawless. My husband and I have wonderful memories of renewing our vows.

Sent on 12/02/2009

Amanda · Married on 09/25/2010

The Oakwood Wedding Chapel and its staff did a wonderful job on my wedding day, I couldn't have asked for a better day. The location was perfect with great picture ops.

Sent on 10/07/2010