52 Reviews for Oakwood Cleaners - gown care

Bride (2)
Cleaning (2)
Preservation (2)
Mother of Bride (1)

Take your wedding dress here; they are the best!!

Profile Picture Mychal, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Oakwood Cleaners did an impeccable job on cleaning and preserving my wedding dress! For a fair price, they were able to transform my dress from the mess that it was at the end of my wedding night. I was so impressed with the packaging my dress will live in and the condition of the dress is as good as new! It's beautiful. Thanks so much for doing an amazing job!!

Profile Picture Blair, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Cleaning, Preservation

Whites dresses recommended oakwood to me for cleaning and preservation of my wedding gown and I couldn't be more pleased. All of the staff members were extremely helpful and kept me updated on the status of my gown, which turned out beautifully.

Profile Picture MeriLee, 10/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Oakwood Cleaners took meticulous care of my daughter's wedding gown, veil & the extra lace we purchased in case we needed it to remodel the dress for future generations.

Profile Picture Deborah, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Cleaning, Preservation, Bride, Mother of Bride

Excellent preservation services! Well worth the price!

Profile Picture User6076941, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

It is my pleasure to share my experience at Oakwood Cleaners (3 locations/Nashville metro) having the opportunity to observe a bridal gown cleaning and muslin preservation, a natural eco-friendly way to properly preserve wedding memories.

The intake and approval process is so thorough that after thoroughly inspecting the gown for tears, rips, stains, spots, even pin holes from safety pins, etc., it is then hand-sketched highlighting any areas that the cleaning experts need to be aware of to achieve optimal success in cleaning the gown.

During the muslin preservation process, the bridal gown specialist nets her hair and wears cotton gloves to prevent any body oils from being passed to the gown while it’s being preserved. Oakwood Cleaners are true wedding gown specialists and experts. The intensive labor required is truly a labor of love and artistry above and beyond the science.

Profile Picture Barbara, 7/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress had a huge wine stain on the front and they worked with me to cover it up. Everything worked out wonderfully.

Profile Picture molly, 6/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a very heavily beaded formal gown cleaned and restored by Oakwood and felt very confident with their quality of care and choose them to preserve my daughter in law's beautiful lace wedding gown. Rhonda was wonderful to work with from start to finish. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Tamara, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

I recently picked up my wedding gown after preservation and was stunned when
the box was opened for me. The dress was so beautifully displayed. I can only describe the feeling as excitement without the anxiety of the upcoming wedding. I almost cried. The people that I worked with seemed sincerely concerned that my dress be as beautiful as possible. The dress took a little longer than expected. Oakwood seems to do a lot of dresses.

Profile Picture User4591099, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I highly recommend Oakwood Cleaners in Cool Springs for wedding gown preservation. When I first went to Oakwood Cleaners to inquire about their services, they took adequate time to explain their services, their pricing, and time frame. During my initial meeting, a bride stopped by to pick up her dress and I observed how they took personal interest in delivering a finished product to their customer.

When I went to pick up the dress, I again received excellent service and instructions on how to take care of the dress and veil when we open the box. Katie's wedding dress was very traditional and had a lot of beading. Her gown is beautifully preserved in an easy to store box which slips into a nice canvas envelope for storage and gloves are tucked inside the box in case you want to open the box and examine the gown.

It was a pleasure to work with the professional and courteous staff of Oakwood Cleaners. Thank you for helping us preserve a Lee family heirloom!

Profile Picture Debra, 3/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Did a great job! Very professional

Profile Picture Al, 2/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved working with Leana on my gown. She is the sweetest! Each time I came in there were a couple more little nips and tucks that needed to be altered leaving me a little hesitant throughout the fittings. But, on that last fitting it was absolutely PERFECT! She made my gown fit my body EXACTLY how I wanted it to and on the day of our wedding I felt completely comfortable and confident in it. The bustles stayed in and there wasn’t a single flaw. She does fabulous work and I’ll certainly send referrals your way :)

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I just received my wedding dress back from Oakwood and it is more beautiful than I ever imagined!!! I was married outside and there was a lot of mud I never thought they would get it out. They good almost all of it out and it all of the wine( I spilled out of excitement). My dress was preserved so I can keep the memories clean and safe. I would recommend all brides to go see Rhonda and Rachel at Oakwood so they can work their magic. I am now getting all my dry cleaning done at Oakwood!!! Thanks you guys are the best!!!

Profile Picture User3981704, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Oakwood Cleaners was recommended to me by my sister after my daughter's wedding for cleaning and preserving the wedding gown. She had had a good experience with them cleaning and preserving her daughter's wedding gown. I also had a good experience and would recommend them to anyone that has an heirloom quality item that they want to preserve.

Profile Picture User3061201, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Deneal altered my (Sample Sale from The Bride Room) wedding gown from a size 10 to a size 2. It was cleaned before my wedding day and came out sparkling and beautiful. Also, she crafted the most unique and breathtaking bustle for my Amsale "Caroline" gown -- I almost love the pictures of my gown from behind the most!

Your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Alterations and a good cleaning (and eventually preservation) are worth shelling out good money -- don't regret your decision by going to a cheaper cleaner!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/21/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved working with the staff at Oakwood Cleaners! Oakwood's seamstress Deneal did the alterations on my wedding gown. I lost a lot of weight for the wedding and my dress had to be taken in a little over 2 inches on both sides, it also needed to be hemmed, and the strapless bra sewn in. Deneal did a fantastic job with my dress! I looked incredible! It fit me like a glove! The dress was the highlight of my wedding and I have Deneal to thank for much of that. After the wedding I took my dress back to Oakwood Cleaners for them to clean it for me. I didn't have a lot of major spots, but there were definitely a few and the dress had also gotten dirty around the hem. When the dress was returned from being cleaned it looked like it did the day it arrived from the designer! I am so happy with the work, service and professionalism of the folks at Oakwood Cleaners!

Profile Picture Tuwanda, 4/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

For weeks after my wedding my designer dress hung in my house needing a lot TLC. I researched dozens of possible methods for cleaning, even considered doing it myself. I was ecstatic when I discovered Oakwood Cleaners. T

Oakwood offers free pick up and drop off services, wedding gown alterations and preparation. I took my dress in myself so I could get the run down on the cleaning and preservation process. First, the dress was fully inspected and a hand drawn sketch is marked with every area that needs attention, from rips and tears to any pleats out of place.

The cleaning process begins with "Green Earth Cleaning." Oakwood employees spot treat every trouble area by hand using eco-friendly chemicals. Next, the dress is put into a water free washing machine. Once the dress is out, the process is repeated if any spots remain. To maintain the integrity of the fragile fabrics, Oakwood waits a week between each cleaning to ensure that the dress is restored correctly (which is why they keep it up to three months). My veil went through a standard dry cleaning process while my newly cleaned dress was hand pressed from top to bottom.

A little less than three months later I picked up my dress that was stuffed with tissue paper and in a large acid-free box and tucked into a muslin bag. Oakwood suggests that you store your dress in a temperature controlled place and open the box at least once a year to inspect (with the white gloves provided) for discoloration, spots or moth holes. Oakwood Cleaners is the only cleaners in Nashville to be a member of the The Association of Wedding Gown Specialists. This guarantees against yellowing and carmelization and allows for a free pressing if the dress is needed in the future at any dry cleaner that is also a member, a very convenient option should I ever move. Oakwood was easy to work with, friendly and very informative about the process. My dress is perfectly preserved and looks like the day I bought it.

Profile Picture Katie, 2/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Oakwood did a fabulous job cleaning the bridesmaids dresses that my daughters wore in a wedding. In addition, the staff was pleasant and easy to work with! Definitely recommend Oakwood!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I got my wedding dress altered at Oakwood, along with having my mother's veil from 40 years ago restored for me to wear. Everything was perfect on my big day and my fittings were so stress free it was wonderful!

Profile Picture Sara, 4/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Oakwood Cleaners did a fantastic job preserving my wedding gown!

Kumar, who works with Oakwood was so great to work with! He arranged for my gown to be picked up the day after my wedding & I had it back in just a few short weeks!!!

Do research on cost before you contact cleaners, as - you may be shocked! It is very expensive to get a wedding dress preserved the RIGHT way - but SO worth it!

Thanks Kumar! You rock!

Profile Picture Tami, 5/8/10, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Deneal Deangelo is an exceptionally talented seamstress. I had only heard great things about Oakwood Cleaners. I came to realize quickly that it is due to the mastery that Deneal possesses. Though price was not an issue (I didn't let that be a factor in choosing my wedding gown seamstress) I was pleasantly surprised at how fair the final charges were. The gown was done exactly on time and looked stunning.

In my opinion, there is no reason to look anywhere else.

Daniele LaFreniere
Nashville, TN

Profile Picture Daniele, 5/16/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

wonderful, knowledgable, perfect delivery, flexible, fantastic

Profile Picture Elin, 9/20/08, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I forgot to clean my wedding dress after my wedding, and when I pulled it out 10 years later it had a few stains on it. I took it to Oakwood hoping they could save it. I just picked it up and it looks fantastic. I am so happy.

Profile Picture M, 4/19/08, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Oakwood did an excellent job preserving my 65 year old wedding gown. They did a fabulous job!

Profile Picture Ann Ralls, 12/29/18, 1 Review