Oakwood Cleaners Reviews

62 Reviews for Oakwood Cleaners

Oakwood Cleaners 1
Oakwood Cleaners 2

Katie · Married on 02/25/2012

For weeks after my wedding my designer dress hung in my house needing a lot TLC. I researched dozens of possible methods for cleaning, even considered doing it myself. I was ecstatic when I discovered Oakwood Cleaners. T

Oakwood offers free pick up and drop off services, wedding gown alterations and preparation. I took my dress in myself so I could get the run down on the cleaning and preservation process. First, the dress was fully inspected and a hand drawn sketch is marked with every area that needs attention, from rips and tears to any pleats out of place.

The cleaning process begins with "Green Earth Cleaning." Oakwood employees spot treat every trouble area by hand using eco-friendly chemicals. Next, the dress is put into a water free washing machine. Once the dress is out, the process is repeated if any spots remain. To maintain the integrity of the fragile fabrics, Oakwood waits a week between each cleaning to ensure that the dress is restored correctly (which is why they keep it up to three months). My veil went through a standard dry cleaning process while my newly cleaned dress was hand pressed from top to bottom.

A little less than three months later I picked up my dress that was stuffed with tissue paper and in a large acid-free box and tucked into a muslin bag. Oakwood suggests that you store your dress in a temperature controlled place and open the box at least once a year to inspect (with the white gloves provided) for discoloration, spots or moth holes. Oakwood Cleaners is the only cleaners in Nashville to be a member of the The Association of Wedding Gown Specialists. This guarantees against yellowing and carmelization and allows for a free pressing if the dress is needed in the future at any dry cleaner that is also a member, a very convenient option should I ever move. Oakwood was easy to work with, friendly and very informative about the process. My dress is perfectly preserved and looks like the day I bought it.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Anna · Married on 06/18/2011

Oakwood did a fabulous job cleaning the bridesmaids dresses that my daughters wore in a wedding. In addition, the staff was pleasant and easy to work with! Definitely recommend Oakwood!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Anna!!!! Have a great day.

Sara · Married on 04/02/2011

I got my wedding dress altered at Oakwood, along with having my mother's veil from 40 years ago restored for me to wear. Everything was perfect on my big day and my fittings were so stress free it was wonderful!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Sara, thanks so much for the review!!! Talk to sson.
  • tamimichelle

Tami · Married on 05/08/2010

Oakwood Cleaners did a fantastic job preserving my wedding gown!

Kumar, who works with Oakwood was so great to work with! He arranged for my gown to be picked up the day after my wedding & I had it back in just a few short weeks!!!

Do research on cost before you contact cleaners, as - you may be shocked! It is very expensive to get a wedding dress preserved the RIGHT way - but SO worth it!

Thanks Kumar! You rock!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Daniele · Married on 05/16/2009

Deneal Deangelo is an exceptionally talented seamstress. I had only heard great things about Oakwood Cleaners. I came to realize quickly that it is due to the mastery that Deneal possesses. Though price was not an issue (I didn't let that be a factor in choosing my wedding gown seamstress) I was pleasantly surprised at how fair the final charges were. The gown was done exactly on time and looked stunning.

In my opinion, there is no reason to look anywhere else.

Daniele LaFreniere
    Nashville, TN

Sent on 06/25/2009

Daniele

You are very kind. It was a pleasure working with you. I can not do what I do without the excellent support I get from the owners of Oakwood and the support of all the Oakwood staff.

Elin · Married on 09/20/2008

wonderful, knowledgable, perfect delivery, flexible, fantastic

Sent on 11/24/2008

M · Married on 04/19/2008

I forgot to clean my wedding dress after my wedding, and when I pulled it out 10 years later it had a few stains on it. I took it to Oakwood hoping they could save it. I just picked it up and it looks fantastic. I am so happy.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

Ann Ralls · Married on 12/29/2018

Oakwood did an excellent job preserving my 65 year old wedding gown. They did a fabulous job!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Trang · Married on 09/08/2018

Oakwood Cleaners did not just clean my wedding gown it went through complete restoration, reconstruction and preservation.

A completely positive experience from start to finish! I could not be more pleased with the outcome. Oakwood Cleaners communicated at every step of the process, and the service was exceptional! I echo the other reviewers in highly recommending - thank you for helping me preserve one of my most precious memories!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words Trang. You were a pleasure to work with and your gown is beautiful!

Barbara · Married on 07/19/2014

It is my pleasure to share my experience at Oakwood Cleaners (3 locations/Nashville metro) having the opportunity to observe a bridal gown cleaning and muslin preservation, a natural eco-friendly way to properly preserve wedding memories.

The intake and approval process is so thorough that after thoroughly inspecting the gown for tears, rips, stains, spots, even pin holes from safety pins, etc., it is then hand-sketched highlighting any areas that the cleaning experts need to be aware of to achieve optimal success in cleaning the gown.

During the muslin preservation process, the bridal gown specialist nets her hair and wears cotton gloves to prevent any body oils from being passed to the gown while it’s being preserved. Oakwood Cleaners are true wedding gown specialists and experts. The intensive labor required is truly a labor of love and artistry above and beyond the science.

Sent on 07/26/2014

susan · Married on 07/13/2013

My daughters wedding was in Brentwood so we contacted Oakwood Cleaners at their Mallory Lane, Franklin location. Professional staff and they did a great job. The wedding was in the summer, a very busy time of year...be sure to contact them well in advance of your special day!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Adrienne · Married on 10/07/2009

I had bought a dress at a sample sale that needed a lot of alterations and cleaning. (I had someone else do the alterations) The gown was silk organza and had some dirt spots, a few drips from being in the store, and Oakwood got everything out. Oakwood even called to let me know ahead of time they were working on the spots on my dress and really trying to get them out. My gown was pressed perfectly and provided to me on a form with a new garment bag, and I was so thrilled when I saw it!! The cost is expensive, but I would not trust any other cleaner to work on a silk wedding gown.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Ashley · Married on 02/28/2009

Oakwood Cleaner was amazing. My dress was perfect and they worked with me to get all the changes exactly as I wanted them. I am going to take my dress back there for cleaning and preservation.

Sent on 03/25/2009

Claire Garrison · Married on 11/08/2015

Best ever next to wedding

Wonderful experience. I felt like I was the only customer during the drop off with my dress and when I picked it up

Sent on 03/08/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Claire! We adore helping everyone with there wedding gown as we understand how special those memories are.
    Rhonda

Lindsay · Married on 05/15/2015

I took my wedding dress to Oakwood for alterations and worked with Megan Pippenger. She is the sweetest girl and SO TALENTED. She turned the top of my dress into a sweetheart neckline and it was absolutely stunning. Between the perfect fit, the incredible train and bustle, I have never felt more beautiful! Thank you Megan for all of your hard work and care with my wedding gown! I highly recommend taking your dress to Oakwood Cleaners for your dress needs!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Katie · Married on 07/12/2014

My dress was taken very well care of and cleaned beautifully. It's pricey, but I don't know that you could get it for much cheaper anywhere else, so just be prepared to pay for the service. They ask for four weeks to clean your dress. I gave them eight, assuming I'd get it back after about four. She took down the date three days before my wedding as the "NEED BY" date and after calling to see if it was ready four days before, found out I couldn't have had it any sooner because it was still being worked on. I think they might have had a lot of rush jobs at the time, so mine got less priority, which was fine. They weren't late and the job was well done, but give them plenty of time.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Melinda · Married on 05/10/2014

Prior to my wedding I took my bridal portraits and even though we tried very hard to keep my dress from getting dirty - it did end up with small mud spot on the train. A friend recommended Oakwood Cleaners to me. I used the Cool Springs location to drop off & pick up as it's close to my office but I believe the dress was actually taken somewhere else to be cleaned. It took about 2 weeks time which was fine with me & when I picked it up I was very happy to see that the spot was gone and my dress looked good as new. I really enjoyed working with Oakwood Cleaners. They worked with me on the pricing & timeline and were always very responsive when I contacted them with any questions. I would definitely recommend Oakwood Cleaners to friends in the future & would use them again myself.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Kathy · Married on 04/28/2012

Your seamstress is amazing. You have a real jewel there!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy. We think the world of her!

Alison · Married on 11/12/2011

I had my wedding dress fitted at Oakwood and everyone was amazing and very professional! I would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Alison! Your a doll. Enjoy your future with Chuck!

Chandra · Married on 10/11/2009

On the day of my wedding, I spilled pumpkin spice martini down the front of my dress, which had tons of beading and unusual fabric. I was frantic about whether the stain would come out for my two pending photo shots one month after the wedding (i.e., a bridal portrait session and a "day after session"). Two days after our wedding, I went to Oakwood Cleaners and was told it would be $311 dollars to clean my dress (yikes). I was immediately turned off, but bit the bullet anyway and went through with it. Two weeks later I had a beautiful, strikingly white gown that looked like I had never worn it. It seriously looked brand new! I was over the moon thrilled and had two successful photo shoots in my perfectly clean dress. It was pricey, but the outcome made it all worth it. I highly recommend Oakwood Cleaners! I'm actually going there this weekend to do one final clean before preserving my dress w/Oakwood (they do that too). I trust them completely and have also recommended them to friends looking to preserve their wedding gowns.

Sent on 12/04/2009

C · Married on 08/14/2009

I was incredibly satisfied with my wedding dress alterations done at Oakwood Cleaners. They were quick, friendly, easy to work with, and did very quality work -- my dress fit perfectly and she even touched up a lot of little things I hadn't noticed at first that resulted from me buying a gown off the rack. Couldn't have asked for a better result!

Sent on 09/15/2009

Catherine · Married on 06/06/2009

Oakwood did a fabulous job cleaning, pressing and altering my dress. I would COMPLETELY trust everything they do and if I had a special occasion dress or outfit, they would be the place to go. They were quite expensive, however they're work is first-rate. Just know going in you will get a GREAT product, but at a high price.

Sent on 07/16/2009

Erin · Married on 04/18/2009

They were very helpful, and got my dress to fit perfectly despite all of the boning and complicated details that had to be taken apart to hem the bottom.

Sent on 06/12/2009

Meagan · Married on 11/08/2008

They did a great job altering my dress and were so nice.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Shary Essig · Married on 11/18/1978

excellent and trustworthy cleaning services

I trust Oakwood to handle all my cleaning needs being mindful of the use of chemicals (no chemical smell or residue) and able to safely clean even the most delicate of items. I use them for all my clothing, bedding and table linens and all are returned well pressed, and safely hung or folded as needed. The staff is knowledgable and have even been able to remove old stains. They are the best.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time for the wonderful review Shary! We truly appreciate you choosing Oakwood Cleaners.