Oaks Pioneer Church Reviews

19 | Portland, OR

19 Reviews for Oaks Pioneer Church

• Melissa

Melissa G. 路 Married on 07/18/2020

Beautiful church for a ceremony

We were so lucky to have found this beautiful church. It was perfect for our small ceremony. We had a zoom wedding and a few people there with us. They just got WiFi and it helped us put on the zoom to share with all of our loved ones who weren鈥檛 able to attend.

Sent on 09/20/2020

Amy 路 Married on 09/29/2019

Fairytale dream come true!

This church was everything that me and my spouse could ever dream of. Was absolutely stunning, I felt like a princess in a storybook as I walked down to the love of my life!

Sent on 11/10/2020

Oaks Pioneer Church's reply:

We love this so much!! Thank you and all of us here at OPC wish you a long life of love and happiness!
  • Arjorie

Arjorie 路 Married on 01/12/2019

Perfect Venue

We met with Lorraine and actually found our officiant at the same time! This chapel is BEAUTIFUL! We can't wait to tie the knot on Jan 12 2019 馃拻

Sent on 12/07/2018

Oaks Pioneer Church's reply:

And we are thrilled that you have chosen us! We are excited to have you here! Thank you!

Sincerely,
    OPC Staff
  • sayantika

Sayantika 路 Married on 11/03/2018

Extremely beautiful and affordable

This church is an absolutely adorable place to get married in. It has the most beautiful rustic look, some minimal decorations will do. The authorities are extremely helpful and the best part is it is highly affordable.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Oaks Pioneer Church's reply:

Thank you so much Sayantika for your kind review! We are always happy to hear from our brides and grooms!

Brooke 路 Married on 04/06/2018

My husband and I had the best experience with Oaks Pioneer Church! It is run by the most gracious and sweet volunteers, we love Lorraine! When I first pulled up to the church I knew this was where my husband and I were meant to have our ceremony, from the quaint exterior, to the stain glass and wood interior, it was perfect. We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Dear Brooke,

First...CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy you found us and that you and your husband chose us for such a momentous event in your lives. We are truly honored, and Lorraine and the entire rest of our staff wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    -Oaks Pioneer Church

Linda 路 Married on 08/20/2016

Beautiful church for a small wedding. Lorraine is wonderful to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/04/2016
  • User6629316 路 2+ years ago

Amazing in every way! Can't wait

Sent on 04/23/2016

Giorgina 路 Married on 08/23/2014

The ladies that take care of booking the church were always very helpfula and responsive. The day of the rehearsal and the ceremony, they were always available to help whenever needed. The church is small, charming and beautiful! It photographs really well!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Charlene 路 Married on 07/17/2011

Oaks Pioneer Church is a little white church in Sellwood- right near Portland. It was the cutest space and only $400. The church is right on the corner and is picturesque. We only had 25 people there but I think it can hold nearly 60. The pictures turned out amazing inside and outside. We got married in July and also had pictures taken down at the dock near the dog park. The pictures have the Portland skyline on one side and the Sellwood Bridge on the other. It is dark in the church but the photographer did not have a problem and the pictures are beautiful. If you are having a small intimate wedding the Oaks Pioneer Church is amazing. I read in another review that the area is seedy around it, which is NOT true at all. Sellwood is so cute and we had guests from Southern Cal and the East Coast and they were impressed with the church.

Sent on 08/06/2011
  • samanthafeibel

Samantha 路 Married on 06/17/2011

3.5

This church is beautiful. A very popular spot, so it's kind of hard to get in, but it's worth the trouble. The stained glass is the perfect backdrop for ceremony pictures and when it's nice out and the flowers are blooming, it's great for wedding photography. I'm so glad I got married here.

Sent on 07/07/2011

Amber 路 Married on 06/26/2005

This was the place I always wanted to get married - and it was everything I expected - and more. The director was very helpful.

Sent on 07/24/2007

Victoria 路 Married on 10/06/2018

October Wedding

I am slightly bias because I fell in love with this church the moment I saw it and walked into it. It was THE place for my husband and I to be married. I have always loved small white churches, this one has that amazing historic charm to it. Lorraine was very helpful in answering any questions I had (there were plenty) and fitting me in for visits pre and post wedding. I cannot wait to go back there and get our vows renewed years from now 馃榿.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Oaks Pioneer Church's reply:

Victoria! Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We are honored to have been the backdrop for your very special day, and, Yes!, we hope to see you for a vow renewal some time down the road!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer 路 Married on 05/10/2008

3.0

This is the most beautiful, perfect little white church that every little girl dreams of getting married in... so keep that in mind and book your date WAY WAY ahead of time. I recommend booking an extra hour after the wedding for photos and cleanup. It was a little bit tough getting everyone out before the next wedding, but we made it work. The photos turned out so beautiful: fairytale like.

Sent on 06/07/2008

Melissa 路 Married on 09/25/2010

4.2
      3.5

This was the cutest little church with a great story. All our guests loved it. Like everyone else says, be sure to book well in advance because you're not the only one who thinks this church is cute. Be sure to appoint someone to clean up the church after your ceremony for you - the one person they have on staff there for your ceremony doesn't clean up petals that fall or anything - you're responsible for that. But, at the end of the day, it's worth it because it's a very reasonable cost and makes for awesome pictures!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Katie 路 Married on 03/07/2015

2.0

I LOVED our experience at Oaks Pioneer Church. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, intimate place to have our ceremony. With stained glass windows, shining wood interior, and gorgeous, historic charm, it won our hearts instantly. (That, and the great rates) :) Just a note of caution: they are EXTREMELY strict on the time. You will NOT get in until the (literally) exact minute stated on your rental contract and they will not allow you to stay any longer than the agreed upon time. Other than that, it was a completely smooth, very awesome experience!

Sent on 03/18/2015
  • User3585802 路 2+ years ago

3.0

This church is a beautiful setting for an intimate ceremony and almost didn't need any decoration. The only downside to this was that they only include 2 hours in the base rental price and due to popularity of the church they are pretty strict on this as there are multiple weddings in a day during peak season.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Chrissy 路 Married on 10/04/2008

I am very happy that I had my wedding here! It is a beautiful space and it fit all of my guests perfectly. I suggest booking as far in advance as possible because dates seem to fill up fast. Only complaint: I booked the church for 3 hours and after the ceremony we went down the block and took photos, but when we went back to the church it was already locked. Luckily we had collected all of our stuff, but would have liked to take some pictures inside the church since we paid for the time. Other than that, the church was perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2008
  • Labeeb & Ayanna

Ayanna 路 Married on 06/26/2010

3.8
      3.0

This is the most adorable little white steepled church in the area. I always knew I wanted to get married in a little white chapel in the country. I toured several others in the vicinity, but the Oaks Pioneer Church was so cute and the cost could not be beat! It is a very popular venue, so make sure to book it early. The only problem I had is that we booked the church for 2 hours, which was sufficient time for set-up and our ceremony, but we really needed an extra hour for photography afterwards, but by the time I thought to inquire about adding an hour there was already someone booked right after our time slot. So we just ended up going up to the Sellwood Park, which is only 1 block away to take the rest of our pictures!!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Mindy 路 Married on 06/02/2001

3.6
      2.0

You have to book this place well in advance...it is extremely popular. The church is beautiful and seats 75 people.

Sent on 05/31/2008