38 Reviews for Oakmont Golf Club

Event Planning (4)
Outside Cake (2)
Indoor (1)
Lighting/Sound (1)

Oh my gosh, three days before my son was to be married, I was in a mad rush to find a wedding venue when we found out the forecast called for rain on his wedding day. He and his bride wanted to get married out at the beach,; it was a no go. I called the Oakmont Golf and country club and spoke with a super nice lady named Michelle. She was wonderful! She accommodated us and went above and beyond - all pretty much at the last hour. She completely saved the day! The wedding was beautiful, and the photographer and we were so happy to have such a pretty area to shoot pictures! Michelle was warm and helpful. We were so lucky we found her and this beautiful venue.❤️

Profile Picture Julie, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wow- I can't not say enough good things about the Oakmont Staff. We had our wedding there on 11/4, and it was perfect. The entire process from our initial meeting, through the day of, it does not get any better. We got married a month after all the complete devastation by wildfires, and even during their time of need (many of the staff were impacted and lost homes), Michelle Sand kept me updated and always found ways to calm me throughout the entire process. They plan for the best, but prepared for the worst, and for that, we couldn't be more grateful.

The ceremony site is so pretty, and our guests RAVED about the food, drinks and atmosphere.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Without this team, it would not have been the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Whittney, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We got married at Oakmont Golf Course in September and it was the best choice we made. The venue itself is beautiful and the Oakmont Staff is amazing. They relieved a lot of stress by taking care of a lot of the day of things at the wedding. We worked with Vilte, Heather and Michelle and they were there for us throughout the whole process and answered any of my questions at anytime. The food is also delicious. We have gotten many compliments from guests that our food was amazing. If you want a stress free wedding, this is the place for you. I thought I was going to be super stressed the week of the wedding and actually found myself very relaxed because most things were already being taken care of by Oakmont. The day of the wedding went smoothly and was the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Oakmont Golf Club a week ago. We couldn't be happier on how our wedding turned out. Both coordinators, Heather and Vilte was easy to work with. They were quick to respond to our inquiries. They listened to us and offered guidance. They were organized and well staffed for the event. Our guests were impressed with the location and raved about how great the food was. One of our fears was being short on food and that was NOT even an issue, some of our guests were even able to have second servings! Due to weather, we ended up having our wedding ceremony on the deck. We felt it was just as good if not better than having it on the grass area. We were very happy we chose Oakmont to have our wedding because it's a perfect place for us!

Profile Picture Mylyn, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I couldn’t imagine a more perfect place to have had our wedding! Oakmont Golf Club is a gorgeous venue that has packages which can cater to any budget! Not to mention an extremely helpful wedding coordinator, Heather, who gladly answered any and all questions we had and was extremely accommodating throughout our entire wedding-planning process! Our only regret is not having our wedding day start earlier and end later, because it was the BEST day ever!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am currently planning my wedding at Oakmont for October, 2016 and I am so completely excited!!! Heather (the venue event coordinator) is an absolute dream to work with---she even had her own wedding there very recently, and I feel it says a lot about a venue when the employees want to have their special day there as well! The views from the deck/reception hall are absolutely breathtaking and the ceremony site is picturesque. It's also one of the most affordable venues in all of wine country! My fiancé and I really wanted to have a big classic wine country wedding (I grew up in Sonoma, but we now live in NYC), but were completely aghast at the average $10K site fee for the wineries. Oakmont is giving us that perfect wine country venue in a doable price range. I will be sure to write back again after the wedding, but so far, Heather has made the planning process so smooth, and I can't wait to get married there!!!

Profile Picture User6027189, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Event Planning, Outside Cake, Uncovered Outdoor

Oakmont Golf Club was an amazing venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! Everything was beautiful from the fire barrels, to the wedding deck lights, the special heart that is mowed on the fairway of the 18th hole, the mountain back drop as well the beautiful pond behind you as you say I do! I can't thank Heather and her staff enough for making our wedding so perfect! Oakmont Gold Club was very affordable and flexible if I might add!

Profile Picture christine, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews

Hwater is fabulous. Wedding to follow in November. All booked

Profile Picture User5269867, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were so glad that we decided to go with Oakmont Golf Club for our wedding! I love Sonoma County views and this venue has some of the best! From the very beginning, when we were first inquiring, to the day after the wedding, we never encountered a single staff member who didn't act in the most professional, and courteous manner. Heather, was the wedding coordinator we worked with and she has an amazing gift! Not only can you tell that she loves her job, but she can make any wedding dream a reality. No idea I had was too out of reach for her to do. When we met for our food tasting, she had set up a mock centerpiece idea for me (without me even asking) and it was exactly like the vision I had in my head! Oakmont takes care of all the catering and drinks which all our guests loved! Oakmont staff was very responsive during the wedding planning process. No matter how many frantic calls and emails I had Heather and her team always was calm and always had an answer or plan. They are also very flexible. Their package not only comes with food, drinks but also all linens, tables, and even some centerpiece items to use. Although if you want to bring in your own rentals they welcome that too! (unlike alot of venues) I could go on forever about this venue, but to put it simply Oakmont made our wedding day perfect!! We are so happy!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Linens, Outside Cake, Uncovered Outdoor

Where do I begin?!!! First and foremost, high praises to Heather and her team of professionals! My husband and I looked at 5 different venues before Oakmont. We were ready to book the last venue we looked at, until I stumbled upon raving reviews of Oakmont Golf Club here on WeddingWire. I quickly visited their website, and what I saw looked promising. I hesitated at first thinking that with a beautiful place like this, it must cost a lot! I sent the link to my husband and we both agreed to pay a visit. I sent an inquiry email, and a day later I received a response (only because Heather was off that Wednesday). Long story short, we both fell in love with the place overlooking the golf course and ceremony was set by the 18th hole. We booked it a year and a month before the wedding day (they book up pretty fast) Anyways, Heather is awesome! She helped me with everything! She sent me email reminders, and IF ever I had a question, she's a phone call/email away. She's always ready to help with a smiling face! We cannot thank her enough. We got married this past March. Due to El Nino, the weather was unpredictable. It was very sunny a week before the wedding. But Heather is an expert and on top of everything, including weather report! We were worried that it's going to be stormy. Heather emailed me so we can meet and have a PLAN B! With little disappointment that we weren't going to have the ceremony down at the 18th hole, Heather assured that EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE! I trusted her with my life! I mean, this wasn't just an ordinary day, you know. Anyhoo, Plan B worked out semi-perfect only because of the rain. We got married inside (reception area) and partied the night away. I've been bragging about this place to every bride (and mother of the brides too) that I come in contact with. Not only it's very affordable, beautiful venue, and comes with super fabulous wedding coordinators: Heather and Katie. Oakmont GC is an excellent wedding venue! Thank You!!!

Profile Picture Angela & David, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I had such an amazing wedding at Oakmont Golf Club and we really couldn't be happier with our experience here. Not only did the staff fulfill all our needs, they really did go above and beyond to make our day nothing short of magical!

I don't even know where to start....I suppose I should first mention the two amazing ladies that made all this possible: Heather and Jasmine. From our early emails and meetings, these two were just lovely. Personable, professional, fun and friendly, responsive, it was such a pleasure working with them. The entire staff was nothing short of perfect. I should mention that we did not have an outside wedding coordinator or planner, nor did we need one here at Oakmont. While they don't market themselves as wedding planners (or charge for it!), Heather and Jasmine were as helpful as any wedding planner could have been. We gave them an initial timeline, and they gave us tips and suggestions to make it all work smoothly. Jasmine had copies of our wedding schedule the morning of with vendor arrival times and such, and she and her team seemed to be everywhere at once making all the pieces come together seamlessly.

The ceremony took place out by their little lake, and the reception space was just gorgeous. They provided chairs and an archway and beautiful oak barrels...we couldn't believe how much Oakmont provided at no additional cost.

We could also not believe how affordable it was, especially considering the quality of the venue and the team! And the food was delicious! Both John and I haven't tasted better. We did buffet style and it worked wonderfully.

We can't imagine a better venue and team than we found here at Oakmont Golf Club. A huge thank you to Heather, Jasmine, and the entire team!

Profile Picture User6520668, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Planning, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

I will have to say that Oakmont has been very good to us. We had our wedding on 10/25/15 and it was absolutely the best party ever! Heather and Jasmine were such sweethearts...their help and guidance really helped my husband and I through one of the most stressful times of our life. The step-by-step planning and flexibility was very helpful. The scenery is definitely something to talk about. I can actually say I had my Disney moment...before going down the aisle, a couple of deers pranced in front of me, it was so awesome :) And I know weddings are not cheap but this really was the best budget friendly venue for us. Thank you guys again for a great job well done...we will never forget it! Love, Daniel & Alex

Profile Picture User6485328, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

Oakmont was hands down one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day! I will admit, I wasn't sold on getting married at a golf course. It seemed so cookie cutter. I didn't want the same pictures and the same set up as everyone else. When I first met Heather it was like looking in the mirror. She understood my concerns and my vision from the very beginning. She stepped up to the plate when I needed advice in the planning process, she found ways to make my vision come to life, and she helped make my day go flawlessly.

If I had my wedding to do all over again Heather and Oakmont would be my first call!

Profile Picture Stacey, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Heather and Jasmine were wonderful! In fact, when we discovered that the florist had forgotten baskets and flowers for the flower girls, Heather rushed right out and got some. She saved the day!!!

Profile Picture Kathi, 9/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I could not be happier that my (now) husband and I chose Oakmont for our wedding reception! We had a traditional Catholic ceremony, so we only needed to find a spot for the reception. We only looked at three venues after we got engaged. As we drove up to the Oakmont and saw the view of the mountains, we were immediately sold. And after our first meeting with Heather Pelleriti (Director of Sales/Marketing and primary point of contact), it only solidified our decision further. Within minutes of meeting her, we knew we found someone we could put 100% trust in to make our vision come through.

In our experience, the customer service we received at the Oakmont was my favorite part of working with them. Heather and her assistant Jasmine were responsive, attentive to detail, and truly invested in our reception. They had great suggestions when we were stuck, but also listened to our ideas. The reception itself went off seamlessly; I did not have to worry about the schedule or our guests needs! Many friends and family were raving about Heather, Jasmine and the rest of the awesome staff.

Additionally, this venue provided everything we were looking for. The food was delicious - heart-shaped quesadillas, spanakopita and coconut shrimp for appetizers, and trip tip, chicken florentine or vegetarian wellington for dinner. We got so many compliments, which is huge considering the chef prepared ~150 perfectly cooked tri-tip dishes. Quite a feat!

We had ~230 guests, but Heather and Jasmine helped us plan a layout that was spacious, and still accommodated a huge dance floor and photo booth. The patio provided a spacious area where guests could enjoy the views, and Heather helped us add wine barrels converted into fire pits and cute lights.

Whether it was bringing us appetizers while we waited for our entrance into the reception, making sure we kept on schedule, or just being so kind and welcoming to our guests, we could not say more about this venue! Highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Bethany, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough abut how great Oakmont staff were....especially Heather who was our main contact. From our first meeting we felt like we were in great hands, and we were! Throughout the planning process Heather was incredibly helpful, reassuring, professional and made me feel like I was her only bride. I never felt like I was bothering her with my many questions. The entire staff were helpful and flexible. It is obvious they have a system that works for running weddings. The venue is beautiful both for the wedding and the reception. The ceremony with the pond backdrop (later used for "golden hour" photos) was so pretty. We were worried about the sun, but as guaranteed by Heather, the 4PM timing had most of the area (180 guests) shaded. The view from the reception room was picturesque with views of the mountain range across the valley. All working between vendors and Oakmont seemed to be flawless. The food was amazing!!! Many guests have since told us how good it was. I would highly recommend this location for a wedding.

Profile Picture Angela, 7/4/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

OAKMONT AND THEIR STAFF ARE AMAZING!!!!! I just got married at Oakmont last weekend (6/28/2015). We were looking for a gorgeous outdoor ceremony site that also had a great indoor + outdoor space for a reception, food and bar on site, and could fit our budget and Oakmont was by far the best place that fit everything we were looking for. From the first day we visited the place, Heather P. was exceptional to work with. She and her assistant, Jasmine, were always available to answer questions, help me think through ideas, and work with special requests that we had for the big day. I can't begin to tell you the number of questions I had throughout this whole experience, but Heather was always quick to respond and super super sweet and flexible =). We had a perfectly smooth day and I owe so much of that to the Oakmont staff. Even our guests commented on how wonderful they all were- especially our bartender Stan (Stan the Man!) and Chewy, who I think was the man in charge of the wait staff- my husband talked about him the next day and raved that he was great about checking in with him throughout the night to make sure we had what we needed. Although we worked with Heather mostly up until that day, Jasmine was with us during most of the wedding and she was ON POINT! She checked in with me to remind me about timing and give me a heads up when something was going on. My family and bridal party LOVED her and commented multiple times about how professional and on top of things she was! In addition to amazing staff, the food was delicious! We had a tasting a while before the wedding, but it tasted even better the day of! I can't give enough thanks to Heather, Jasmine, and the whole crew at Oakmont for making my wedding so incredibly perfect. If you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and reception site and INCREDIBLE staff, you should absolutely go with Oakmont!!

Profile Picture Eliana, 6/28/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oakmont golf club made it so easy to plan the ceremony and reception with my vendors. The wait staff and food were amazing (we still get compliments 6 months later about the dinner & staff). Heather and Jasmine were available, fast and accommodating for plans and changes. My wedding day went off without a hitch; it was perfect! If I did it all again this venue would still be my #1 choice.

Profile Picture Madison, 5/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the most wonderful destination wedding venue!! It is not easy to plan a destination wedding without being able to travel to the area to meet with vendors. Heather at the Oakmont golf course made the entire process smooth and stress less, We used every vendor from her recommended list and were ecstatic with every selection. The venue itself is breathtaking. We held our ceremony on the golf course and our reception in the banquet hall. We took beautiful pictures at sunset on the bridge. All of our guests raved about the venue, the food and the staff. I was told from numerous guests that our wedding was the most fun they had had a wedding ever! This couldn't have been possible without the help of the wonderful people at Oakmont. I highly recommend this site if your dream is to get married in wine country.

Profile Picture Darcie , 3/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Oakmont on March 14, 2015. It is an absolutely beautiful venue. We had our ceremony on the 18th hole and it was so scenic. We had amazing pictures from our wedding. The reception room was recently renovated by the time of our wedding so it looked very nice. This venue is great as far as what you get for the amount that you pay. Incredible value. All of the guests loved the food and the atmosphere. The staff is the absolute best, especially Heather and Jasmine, who helped me with many details for the wedding! Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Allyson, 3/14/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wish I could give our venue 10 stars! My review was too long to include in the limited space provided by Weddingwire, so please find my full review at the following link:

Profile Picture Megan, 2/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I Have no regrets choosing Oakmont Golf Club for my wedding venue. I looked at so many wedding venues and this one ended being the best one that I saw all around. Heather Pelleriti the event director was AMAZING through the whole process. That girl has it together and she is super sweet. I never stressed once with anything do to with the venue it all ran as smooth as butter. The views of the mountains are so beautiful there you even see deer sometimes. I loved the convenience and great value of them providing the chairs, tables, linens, dinning ware, the catering, beverages, bartenders, dance floor, the lights and fire pits out on the deck, and so much more. The food was delicious, yummy scalloped potatoes and there prime rib was the best I had so far. All the staff there was so professional and nice. It ended up raining on my wedding day but it did not make one bit of a difference they had it covered. They did all these special touches and it made me feel so special and happy. I got so many compliments on how good the food was, how beautiful everything looked, how nice they all were there. Everything at Oakmont Golf Club ended up going perfectly.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

As someone who works in event management and works regularly with venues I have to say Oakmont was one of the best I've worked with. From our first meeting they listened to what we wanted and helped us make it happen without breaking the bank. They helped keep our day on track and were so helpful in everything. Besides being easy to work with the venue is gorgeous (the ceremony and reception site). I would definitely recommend anyone needing a space to host a wedding or other event to give Oakmont a try.

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/6/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I loved having our wedding at Oakmont, and definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding day!!! What drew us to Oakmont was how it included so much. Oakmont provided the ceremony site, reception site, wedding coordinators, tables, chairs, etc. They will even do centerpieces for you, but do allow you to bring your own (which we did). I loved having my wedding on the golf course! The ceremony was gorgeous!! Oakmont provided an arbor and wine barrels for us to use during our ceremony. It was really nice to have a venue that provided so much so you can focus on other things.A major thing that venue provided was a minimal need of decoration. Between the natural beauty of the golf course and the look of the deck, the only decorating we did was for the tables. I also loved that my guests were able to hang out on the deck. The dining room for the reception is very spacious; it was able to hold all my guests (approx. 150) and quite a bit more, a dance floor, photo booth area and have room to spare. The staff was very helpful the day of the event and leading up to the event. I emailed my questions to Heather and Zora and they replied very promptly. My photographer wanted to see the venue before the day of our wedding, and Heather was more than willing to show him around.
The day of the event went very smoothly. My girls and I got there at 9am and were able to start hair and makeup right away in the bridal suite. Compared to other bridal suites I have been in, this one is a great size. The bathroom is right next to the bridal suite and we used it as another room to get ready. We had hair being done in the bridal suite and did the makeup in the bathroom. Also, the tables were all set up when we got there ready for us to place our centerpieces on them. One of the staff members saw me caring a box of ceremony stuff, and he told me that I am the bride and should not be lifting anything. If there is anything we need, we just had to ask.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 8/23/14, 1 Review