Oakmont Golf Club Reviews

Oakmont Golf Club 5
Oakmont Golf Club 6
Oakmont Golf Club 7

Angela & David · Married on 03/12/2016

Where do I begin?!!! First and foremost, high praises to Heather and her team of professionals! My husband and I looked at 5 different venues before Oakmont. We were ready to book the last venue we looked at, until I stumbled upon raving reviews of Oakmont Golf Club here on WeddingWire. I quickly visited their website, and what I saw looked promising. I hesitated at first thinking that with a beautiful place like this, it must cost a lot! I sent the link to my husband and we both agreed to pay a visit. I sent an inquiry email, and a day later I received a response (only because Heather was off that Wednesday). Long story short, we both fell in love with the place overlooking the golf course and ceremony was set by the 18th hole. We booked it a year and a month before the wedding day (they book up pretty fast) Anyways, Heather is awesome! She helped me with everything! She sent me email reminders, and IF ever I had a question, she's a phone call/email away. She's always ready to help with a smiling face! We cannot thank her enough. We got married this past March. Due to El Nino, the weather was unpredictable. It was very sunny a week before the wedding. But Heather is an expert and on top of everything, including weather report! We were worried that it's going to be stormy. Heather emailed me so we can meet and have a PLAN B! With little disappointment that we weren't going to have the ceremony down at the 18th hole, Heather assured that EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE! I trusted her with my life! I mean, this wasn't just an ordinary day, you know. Anyhoo, Plan B worked out semi-perfect only because of the rain. We got married inside (reception area) and partied the night away. I've been bragging about this place to every bride (and mother of the brides too) that I come in contact with. Not only it's very affordable, beautiful venue, and comes with super fabulous wedding coordinators: Heather and Katie. Oakmont GC is an excellent wedding venue! Thank You!!!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Oakmont Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Angela, you are so sweet! This review means so much to us, thank you a thousand times. We miss you a lot, come by sometime so we can catch up :) -Heather
  • User6520668 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I had such an amazing wedding at Oakmont Golf Club and we really couldn't be happier with our experience here. Not only did the staff fulfill all our needs, they really did go above and beyond to make our day nothing short of magical!

I don't even know where to start....I suppose I should first mention the two amazing ladies that made all this possible: Heather and Jasmine. From our early emails and meetings, these two were just lovely. Personable, professional, fun and friendly, responsive, it was such a pleasure working with them. The entire staff was nothing short of perfect. I should mention that we did not have an outside wedding coordinator or planner, nor did we need one here at Oakmont. While they don't market themselves as wedding planners (or charge for it!), Heather and Jasmine were as helpful as any wedding planner could have been. We gave them an initial timeline, and they gave us tips and suggestions to make it all work smoothly. Jasmine had copies of our wedding schedule the morning of with vendor arrival times and such, and she and her team seemed to be everywhere at once making all the pieces come together seamlessly.

The ceremony took place out by their little lake, and the reception space was just gorgeous. They provided chairs and an archway and beautiful oak barrels...we couldn't believe how much Oakmont provided at no additional cost.

We could also not believe how affordable it was, especially considering the quality of the venue and the team! And the food was delicious! Both John and I haven't tasted better. We did buffet style and it worked wonderfully.

We can't imagine a better venue and team than we found here at Oakmont Golf Club. A huge thank you to Heather, Jasmine, and the entire team!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Stacey · Married on 10/17/2015

Oakmont was hands down one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day! I will admit, I wasn't sold on getting married at a golf course. It seemed so cookie cutter. I didn't want the same pictures and the same set up as everyone else. When I first met Heather it was like looking in the mirror. She understood my concerns and my vision from the very beginning. She stepped up to the plate when I needed advice in the planning process, she found ways to make my vision come to life, and she helped make my day go flawlessly.

If I had my wedding to do all over again Heather and Oakmont would be my first call!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Bethany · Married on 07/25/2015

I could not be happier that my (now) husband and I chose Oakmont for our wedding reception! We had a traditional Catholic ceremony, so we only needed to find a spot for the reception. We only looked at three venues after we got engaged. As we drove up to the Oakmont and saw the view of the mountains, we were immediately sold. And after our first meeting with Heather Pelleriti (Director of Sales/Marketing and primary point of contact), it only solidified our decision further. Within minutes of meeting her, we knew we found someone we could put 100% trust in to make our vision come through.

In our experience, the customer service we received at the Oakmont was my favorite part of working with them. Heather and her assistant Jasmine were responsive, attentive to detail, and truly invested in our reception. They had great suggestions when we were stuck, but also listened to our ideas. The reception itself went off seamlessly; I did not have to worry about the schedule or our guests needs! Many friends and family were raving about Heather, Jasmine and the rest of the awesome staff.

Additionally, this venue provided everything we were looking for. The food was delicious - heart-shaped quesadillas, spanakopita and coconut shrimp for appetizers, and trip tip, chicken florentine or vegetarian wellington for dinner. We got so many compliments, which is huge considering the chef prepared ~150 perfectly cooked tri-tip dishes. Quite a feat!

We had ~230 guests, but Heather and Jasmine helped us plan a layout that was spacious, and still accommodated a huge dance floor and photo booth. The patio provided a spacious area where guests could enjoy the views, and Heather helped us add wine barrels converted into fire pits and cute lights.

Whether it was bringing us appetizers while we waited for our entrance into the reception, making sure we kept on schedule, or just being so kind and welcoming to our guests, we could not say more about this venue! Highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/02/2015
  • Angela & Jeff

Angela · Married on 07/04/2015

I can not say enough abut how great Oakmont staff were....especially Heather who was our main contact. From our first meeting we felt like we were in great hands, and we were! Throughout the planning process Heather was incredibly helpful, reassuring, professional and made me feel like I was her only bride. I never felt like I was bothering her with my many questions. The entire staff were helpful and flexible. It is obvious they have a system that works for running weddings. The venue is beautiful both for the wedding and the reception. The ceremony with the pond backdrop (later used for "golden hour" photos) was so pretty. We were worried about the sun, but as guaranteed by Heather, the 4PM timing had most of the area (180 guests) shaded. The view from the reception room was picturesque with views of the mountain range across the valley. All working between vendors and Oakmont seemed to be flawless. The food was amazing!!! Many guests have since told us how good it was. I would highly recommend this location for a wedding.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Eliana · Married on 06/28/2015

OAKMONT AND THEIR STAFF ARE AMAZING!!!!! I just got married at Oakmont last weekend (6/28/2015). We were looking for a gorgeous outdoor ceremony site that also had a great indoor + outdoor space for a reception, food and bar on site, and could fit our budget and Oakmont was by far the best place that fit everything we were looking for. From the first day we visited the place, Heather P. was exceptional to work with. She and her assistant, Jasmine, were always available to answer questions, help me think through ideas, and work with special requests that we had for the big day. I can't begin to tell you the number of questions I had throughout this whole experience, but Heather was always quick to respond and super super sweet and flexible =). We had a perfectly smooth day and I owe so much of that to the Oakmont staff. Even our guests commented on how wonderful they all were- especially our bartender Stan (Stan the Man!) and Chewy, who I think was the man in charge of the wait staff- my husband talked about him the next day and raved that he was great about checking in with him throughout the night to make sure we had what we needed. Although we worked with Heather mostly up until that day, Jasmine was with us during most of the wedding and she was ON POINT! She checked in with me to remind me about timing and give me a heads up when something was going on. My family and bridal party LOVED her and commented multiple times about how professional and on top of things she was! In addition to amazing staff, the food was delicious! We had a tasting a while before the wedding, but it tasted even better the day of! I can't give enough thanks to Heather, Jasmine, and the whole crew at Oakmont for making my wedding so incredibly perfect. If you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and reception site and INCREDIBLE staff, you should absolutely go with Oakmont!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Oakmont Golf Club's reply:

Oh Eliana, it was such a pleasure to work with you too... seriously, you are beautiful inside and out. We love this review, I am posting it for staff now. They will appreciate it as much as i do. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. Best wishes, we will miss you!! -Heather P.

Madison · Married on 05/22/2015

Oakmont golf club made it so easy to plan the ceremony and reception with my vendors. The wait staff and food were amazing (we still get compliments 6 months later about the dinner & staff). Heather and Jasmine were available, fast and accommodating for plans and changes. My wedding day went off without a hitch; it was perfect! If I did it all again this venue would still be my #1 choice.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Darcie · Married on 03/21/2015

This was the most wonderful destination wedding venue!! It is not easy to plan a destination wedding without being able to travel to the area to meet with vendors. Heather at the Oakmont golf course made the entire process smooth and stress less, We used every vendor from her recommended list and were ecstatic with every selection. The venue itself is breathtaking. We held our ceremony on the golf course and our reception in the banquet hall. We took beautiful pictures at sunset on the bridge. All of our guests raved about the venue, the food and the staff. I was told from numerous guests that our wedding was the most fun they had had a wedding ever! This couldn't have been possible without the help of the wonderful people at Oakmont. I highly recommend this site if your dream is to get married in wine country.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Darcie,
    Thank you so much for this sweet review. We truly appreciate it. It was such a pleasure working with you. If you are ever back in the area, please stop by and say hello :) Best wishes to you both! -Heather P

Allyson · Married on 03/14/2015

I got married at Oakmont on March 14, 2015. It is an absolutely beautiful venue. We had our ceremony on the 18th hole and it was so scenic. We had amazing pictures from our wedding. The reception room was recently renovated by the time of our wedding so it looked very nice. This venue is great as far as what you get for the amount that you pay. Incredible value. All of the guests loved the food and the atmosphere. The staff is the absolute best, especially Heather and Jasmine, who helped me with many details for the wedding! Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Megan · Married on 02/28/2015

I wish I could give our venue 10 stars! My review was too long to include in the limited space provided by Weddingwire, so please find my full review at the following link:

Sent on 03/19/2015

Laura · Married on 10/25/2014

I Have no regrets choosing Oakmont Golf Club for my wedding venue. I looked at so many wedding venues and this one ended being the best one that I saw all around. Heather Pelleriti the event director was AMAZING through the whole process. That girl has it together and she is super sweet. I never stressed once with anything do to with the venue it all ran as smooth as butter. The views of the mountains are so beautiful there you even see deer sometimes. I loved the convenience and great value of them providing the chairs, tables, linens, dinning ware, the catering, beverages, bartenders, dance floor, the lights and fire pits out on the deck, and so much more. The food was delicious, yummy scalloped potatoes and there prime rib was the best I had so far. All the staff there was so professional and nice. It ended up raining on my wedding day but it did not make one bit of a difference they had it covered. They did all these special touches and it made me feel so special and happy. I got so many compliments on how good the food was, how beautiful everything looked, how nice they all were there. Everything at Oakmont Golf Club ended up going perfectly.

Sent on 04/13/2015
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 09/06/2014

As someone who works in event management and works regularly with venues I have to say Oakmont was one of the best I've worked with. From our first meeting they listened to what we wanted and helped us make it happen without breaking the bank. They helped keep our day on track and were so helpful in everything. Besides being easy to work with the venue is gorgeous (the ceremony and reception site). I would definitely recommend anyone needing a space to host a wedding or other event to give Oakmont a try.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Oakmont Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Jillian. That is very kind of you... best wishes to you and Darren :) Please let us know if you need anything in the future! -Heather & Zora

Jocelyn · Married on 08/23/2014

My husband and I loved having our wedding at Oakmont, and definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding day!!! What drew us to Oakmont was how it included so much. Oakmont provided the ceremony site, reception site, wedding coordinators, tables, chairs, etc. They will even do centerpieces for you, but do allow you to bring your own (which we did). I loved having my wedding on the golf course! The ceremony was gorgeous!! Oakmont provided an arbor and wine barrels for us to use during our ceremony. It was really nice to have a venue that provided so much so you can focus on other things.A major thing that venue provided was a minimal need of decoration. Between the natural beauty of the golf course and the look of the deck, the only decorating we did was for the tables. I also loved that my guests were able to hang out on the deck. The dining room for the reception is very spacious; it was able to hold all my guests (approx. 150) and quite a bit more, a dance floor, photo booth area and have room to spare. The staff was very helpful the day of the event and leading up to the event. I emailed my questions to Heather and Zora and they replied very promptly. My photographer wanted to see the venue before the day of our wedding, and Heather was more than willing to show him around.
    The day of the event went very smoothly. My girls and I got there at 9am and were able to start hair and makeup right away in the bridal suite. Compared to other bridal suites I have been in, this one is a great size. The bathroom is right next to the bridal suite and we used it as another room to get ready. We had hair being done in the bridal suite and did the makeup in the bathroom. Also, the tables were all set up when we got there ready for us to place our centerpieces on them. One of the staff members saw me caring a box of ceremony stuff, and he told me that I am the bride and should not be lifting anything. If there is anything we need, we just had to ask.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Kathryn · Married on 08/02/2014

I do not know where to begin to praise this venue enough! My husband and I celebrated our wedding (ceremony and reception) at Oakmont Golf Course last weekend. Our family and friends have had nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff, the food and the venue itself. The ceremony took place on the golf course which made for some amazing pictures! The site is beautiful and very picturesque. The reception area was everything we imagined! The room was bright, open and provided hours of fun for our guests to dance the night away. Both the reception room, and the huge deck, look out on the Sonoma Hills that separate Sonoma and Napa Counties. The view is a huge bonus! Guests really enjoyed using the deck area for cocktail hour, the buffet/bar, and fire pits!

I had the pleasure of working with Heather Pelleriti (the onsite coordinator) over this last year. I cannot imagine having a more positive experience. She made everything so easy (and fun!). She is extremely organized, professional and definitely knows her stuff. I am not sure how she does this with every event, but she truly made us (and our needs) important every step of the way. Her responsiveness and attention made the day so special and memorable for us.

If given the option we would do this entire experience all over again with Oakmont! We would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Sierra · Married on 06/22/2014

I can't begin to describe how wonderful out experience was working with Heather at Oakmont golf club ! They make the planning of your special day so easy ! They seriously take care of everything ! Once you see the venue and golf course you will fall in love I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else the view of the ceremony on the golf course is amazing ! I was so worried about being stressed out planning the wedding but I was amazingly surprised when j could myself not having much to do :) they take care of everything ! You just let them know what you like ! If you are looking for that special place for your wedding day this is it ! I can't wait to have anothe party and hold it here !! Thanks so much to Heather and her whole team for making my wedding day beautiful and stress free !!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Bridget · Married on 10/04/2013

You DON'T NEED A wedding planner or expensive binder - just book here! We decided to have the wedding in July, only 3 months before the wedding for about 80 people! We changed our set up a couple times and Heather was responsive and would email our conversation details after we would speak or meet. I had everything done so easily. She even offered to help me do planning and to do's like DJ, photography, etc. Heather found me a website that made invitations and gifts quick and well priced. We got married out by the pond and came up to the deck for the reception - as easy on the guests as it was planning. Golf carts drove myself and any other guests that needed assistance, (although an easy walk). Such a luxury for guests to go from the ceremony to reception in one place. Drinks were ready down at the ceremony site - no waiting! Brandy was the best and friendliest bar tender too! I still have guests asking about her! Heather and Brandy and others at Oakmont exemplify the personal touch that every bride and family wants to feel for this special day. Heather even had a personal note and gift for me on the wedding day as I planned the wedding so quickly, she wanted me to take the day in...and did I. We will always treasure the day, but especially how easy it was. The tasting, planning, floor plans, everything! Thank you Oakmont!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Katie · Married on 08/02/2013

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Oakmont Golf Club in August of 2013. Heather Pelleriti was our wedding coordinator from Oakmont Golf Club. From the start Heather was absolutely WONDERFUL!! She was SO sweet and always answered all of my crazy questions in a very timely manner. Heather helped me coordinate my decorations, DJ, Food, cake, table configurations, window coverings, chair set-up for the ceremony, photographs and more! Although my husband and I decided to do our ceremony on the deck, as opposed to the golf course green, Heather arranged for my husband and I to take sunset photos on the bridge (usually you can only use the bridge/farther golf course for photos when you pay to have your ceremony on the golf course itself). Heather coordinated my ceremony with my DJ and it turned out beautifully.

The food was delicious! None of our guest had anything bad to say about the food. From the hors d'oeuvre to the main course everything tasted amazing!

Our guest to this day, about a year later, still rave about how awesome our wedding was. How everything went so smoothly and how beautiful the venue was. To top it off we did not have to pay an outrageous amount for such a great wedding ceremony and reception. Oakmont was by far the most reasonably priced venue we saw when searching.

Overall I would HIGHLY recommend Oakmont Golf Club for anyone's wedding ceremony or reception. And I would ESPECIALLY recommend Heather Pelleriti as the wedding coordinator, I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about her, my wedding would not have gone as smoothly or as wonderful as it did without her!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2013

Wow! We were so happy with our wedding at Oakmont Golf Club! We had our wedding ceremony near the pond on the golf course and our reception inside and were able to use the deck too! It was such a beautiful setting for our special day! Oakmont was so easy to work with when booking and choosing a plan for our ceremony and reception. All of our choices and prices were very clear from the beginning and they were willing to work with us on what we wanted. We were able to work with Michele as a wedding coordinator through Oakmont. Michele was great about answering questions throughout our planning process and was very calm and professional. I really can't say enough about how great Michele was the day of our wedding. She made everything very easy and calm and made me feel so at ease on what could have been a very stressful day! She was great about helping us plan for what we wanted to happen throughout our wedding day- but also very flexible when it might not have gone exactly how we planned. From set up to clean up she and her crew were there working so hard to make our day perfect! They really took care of so much that day, leaving it so that us and our families could just enjoy the day! Our guests, our families and especially my husband and I were so happy with how our wedding turned out at Oakmont and would highly recommend them for weddings!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Erica · Married on 05/19/2012

Oakmont has to be one of the most beautiful places in Sonoma County to get married. I loved everything about it. Everyone was so hlpeful and sweet. They made planning and having my wedding stress free and perfect. Below is a letter I write to Michele who was our wedding coordinator!

Hi Michele I just wanted to say thank you again. Working with you has been such a pleasure. Every step of the way from planning the wedding to having the wedding was stress free and fun. You were so personable and your experience and leadership skills shined throughout the whole process but especially on our wedding day. You helped to make one of the most important days of my life one of the best most memorable days. I really do not know what I would have done without you. I would recommend Oakmont to anyone as long as they got to work with you. I feel so blessed to have been able to share my special day with you. So many people are so stressed during the planning process as well as on their wedding day and I cannot say that I was. I attribute that to you. Your knowledge and wedding planning skills as well as your sweet caring demeanor make you the most perfect person to plan and run a wedding. I am so sad to not be able to work with you anymore but you will forever be part a loving memory of the best day of my life!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Tessa · Married on 09/03/2010

We just got married here on September 3rd on the 18th hole at Oakmont and our reception was in the banquet room. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

We had originally set our date for October, but then my husband's academy date was moved forward. The staff at Oakmont were not only flexible, but we were able to keep our original deposit. They found another date that worked for us and took the headache out of changing the date.

The site was beautiful and had so many different photo spots. I loved having my bridal room for the entire day as well. I was able to get ready with my girlfriends and relax with champagne provided by Oakmont. From the minute I got there I was treated so well. I truly felt like a princess for the day.

The food was so good! All night our guests kept coming up to us and raving about the food, the table settings, and how nice the staff was. They made sure the evening flowed along smoothly and my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Tina, Michelle, Ehrin and the rest made sure it was the perfect day for me and my groom! I highly recommend Oakmont for any big event, but most definitely for weddings!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Kelly · Married on 08/15/2009

Perfect venue! In-house catering (delicious!) with many menus to choose from. Beautiful ceremony site with pond, waterfall, and mountain backdrop-and so quiet! Lovely reception room with huge terrace attached. Very reasonable prices and exceptionally kind, courteous and helpful staff. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/18/2009
  • User2320539 · 2+ years ago

We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony/reception at Oakmont and we received so many wonderful compliments from our guests on how good the food was and how pretty the scenery was. It made for a beautiful ceremony and I cant wait for the pictures to come back.

We had a very particular theme for the wedding and Oakmont was very flexible with the menu options and even made a specialty dish just for us.

Michele was very organized and professional and (with the help of a good friend overseeing my wishes) Michele put together a fabulous day for me, she kept everyone on time and I never heard of any issues. All the staff that I spoke to was extremely nice and very helpful. I searched many banquet rooms and country clubs and you cannot beat the quality or value for the price.

My only complaint with Oakmont was that I could never seem to get ahold of anyone by phone, email seems to work best but sometimes you don't want to wait 2 days for a response.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Oakmont is a beautiful venue with great food (seriously, your guests will be raving) and fantastic service. Plus the pricing is pretty incredible for wine country. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/24/2012

I will have to say that Oakmont has been very good to us. We had our wedding on 10/25/15 and it was absolutely the best party ever! Heather and Jasmine were such sweethearts...their help and guidance really helped my husband and I through one of the most stressful times of our life. The step-by-step planning and flexibility was very helpful. The scenery is definitely something to talk about. I can actually say I had my Disney moment...before going down the aisle, a couple of deers pranced in front of me, it was so awesome :) And I know weddings are not cheap but this really was the best budget friendly venue for us. Thank you guys again for a great job well done...we will never forget it! Love, Daniel & Alex

Sent on 03/15/2016

Kathi · Married on 09/25/2015

Heather and Jasmine were wonderful! In fact, when we discovered that the florist had forgotten baskets and flowers for the flower girls, Heather rushed right out and got some. She saved the day!!!

Sent on 11/25/2015