Oakleaf Florist Reviews

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2016

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

The flowers for my wedding came out pretty nice. However, they were what I discussed with the florist the first time I met with her, not in the final meeting where I specifically requested things about the floral arrangements that did not happen. For instance, I asked for the bridal bouquet to not have the tulips, but she still put them in there, so I cut them out myself immediately prior to taking wedding photos. Those details ended up not being exactly what I wanted, but the chuppah florals were great. The leaves I asked for on the table were tiny compared to the display the florist showed me in her showroom. I was definitely disappointed with the creative tables with the sitting leaves and florals. It was very sparse compared to what we discussed. There was also a misunderstanding where the florist charged me for doing something I had already told her I was doing and billed me for it after we had paid the final bill. We also removed a $700 chuppah, and she said she would allocate this money to florals, but the florals were pretty sparse so not sure where that money ended up going. Overall, the communication just missed with this vendor. My wedding was beautiful in the end so that's all that matters, but was not overly impressed with this florist.

Sent on 11/28/2016
  • F

Fernando · Married on 06/05/2008

2.0
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

I wanted to send a bouquet of "celebrating you" to a paralegal that was particularly helpful and kind to me at a law office where I do most of my legal work. When the flowers got there, she called me and thanked me and also sent me a picture of them. When I saw the picture after the call, I was dumbfounded by what I saw. Only about 1/3 of the flowers were sent that should have been sent. I called Oakleaf florist and they were accommodating alright with sending another bouquet that was more like the picture I saw; however, when I tried to call back to the law office and explain the situation, the paralegal became uncomfortable with the callback and the exchange of flowers. My attorney stepped in and put a stop to my contacting her to try and explain. I had to call and set up a call conference with him in order to explain everything and straighten things out. This whole fiasco could have been avoided if Oakleaf florist had done what they were supposed to in the first place. When I talked to the owner, Debby, and sent her an email explaining everything, she wrote back and said that the designer, Julio, was just being creative and sending his "tall and airy" rendition of "Celebrating You". I am submitting photos so you be the judge.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Oakleaf Florist's reply:

If you are reading this response, thank you for making it all the way to the bottom of this review. There are always two sides to every story. We thought we had addressed the complaint to our customers satisfaction. Rather than try to dispute the points made, all I ask is that you take an opportunity to take a look at all our other reviews for a full picture of our business. Thanks for you time!