Oak and Cypress Films Reviews

37 | Austin, TX

37 Reviews for Oak and Cypress Films

Mackenzie · Married on 05/26/2017

Oak and Cypress Films went ABOVE AND BEYOND on our wedding videos! They are absolutely perfect and we received so many compliments from our family and friends. Their work is unlike any else I have seen and I will cherish the videos they made for us forever! Not only are they extremely talented at what they do but they're also awesome to work with. They were fun on the wedding day and so, so, so nice and pleasant to have around on the day of. They have definitely given us something to be thankful for forever! I would recommend them over and over again :)

Sent on 10/09/2017

Lauramay · Married on 07/23/2016

The guys at Oak and Cypress Films did an unbelievable job at capturing the love, laughter, lots of dancing and a few tears that took place the day we got married.

They have an incredibly special talent and I am thankful that we were able to see it come to life through our wedding video.

Working with them before the wedding was also a breeze. They responded to emails in a timely fashion and were always upfront about things. We never met before the wedding but had two phone conversations and a few email exchanges. On the day of the wedding they showed up and got started. And while they are extremely professional, they're also super personal and normal (which I learned is not always the case in the wedding industry).

I would recommend them to anyone who really wants to capture those sensory details and little moments you might otherwise forget about on the day of your wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Caroline · Married on 07/02/2016

Very fun to work with! Did a great job of capturing our day.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Barbara · Married on 07/02/2016

You can't have a wedding and not hire an experienced videographer to record every moment of this life event. Everyone tells you that it will all happen so fast and it will be a whirlwind, well let me tell you they are not kidding. But thank heavens for Taylor at Oak & Cypress because if it wasn't for their video I truly (Mother of the Bride) would not really remember all that happened. They did such a wonderful job capturing the high points of the ceremony and reception (including speeches) in an 11 minute video that everyone can enjoy recalling this magical wedding. Thank you for your excellent customer service and providing all the critical pieces of the wedding in this video that we will treasure forever.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Kate · Married on 04/17/2016

Hiring Clayton was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. The film he created for us had me bawling, and I heard the same thing from so many of our family and friends who viewed it. Even my dad, who I've seen cry maybe twice in my whole life, said he was a mess while watching it. That is the best compliment possible!

From the very beginning, Clayton was very professional, responsive, and easy to work with. During the wedding itself, he was so sneaky and quiet that sometimes I forgot he was there! My mom said the same thing, and she was really worried before the wedding about feeling like she was being followed.

But back to our wedding film...I had already started to forget what our wedding day FELT like. I knew what it LOOKED like from our photos. But Clayton was able to capture the emotions of that day that I was afraid I would forget forever. He captured every detail, documenting the relationships with our family and the smiles that just didn't leave our faces. He edited the footage together with the skills of a master storyteller, and we are forever grateful to be able to relive our day through our beautiful film.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Emily · Married on 10/10/2015

Clayton and Stringer Productions did such an awesome job at our wedding. With the busyness and tight schedules that often come with a bride on her wedding day, it was difficult for me to be fully present and soak in every detail that I worked so hard to plan. I am so happy to have such beautiful videography to enjoy the magic of that day over and over again. Clayton and his team had a way of capturing all of the memories without being noticed. My husband and I never felt uncomfortable or thought Clayton was in the way, yet the footage he captured was beautiful, personal, and up close. I am so happy we included Stringer Productions in our special day and would recommend them to any bride valuing the memories of her special day.

Sent on 10/30/2015

There aren't words for how happy we are with Clayton Stringer. Of all our vendors, I'm most happy about finding and hiring him, which says a lot because we had an incredible wedding. We wanted a videographer who was more artistic and original with both the shots and music than the others we found online. He blew us away and produced a work of art. We gave him very little direction and he completely captured the vibe and essence of our wedding, including details from our outdoor venue we never noticed. This made for a priceless memento, and we still get teary-eyed every time we watch it.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Cate · Married on 04/10/2015

Oh my gosh, I am so happy we made the decision to have Stringer Productions film our special day! So kind and professional, and I hardly knew he was even there! He arrived on time, was very pleasant to each of our guests. We opted for a smaller ceremony and between Clayton and the photographer, Betsy (Photo by Betsy) we let them have complete control over most things and I am so excited to see how our film turns out! Would hire Stringer Productions again and again!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Clayton's professionalism is only topped by his talent! We absolutely loved working with him from start to finish, and we could not be more grateful that he traveled to Arizona to capture our wedding day. He was easy to work with and was completely unobtrusive while filming--yet still managed to get all of the awesome shots of the day! We haven't stopped watching the masterpiece that he created, and we also haven't stopped getting compliments on his work from friends and family near and far. He not only has a great eye for both creative shots and for seamless editing, but also has the ability to tell a story that is reflective of us, our families, and our wedding. The final product managed to capture two stories--the ceremony and the reception--and make them feel like one seamless night. We can't say enough great things about his work!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Emily · Married on 11/21/2014

My husband and I booked Stringer Productions for our Novemeber wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our video footage! Getting good documentation of our wedding was definitely one of the most important aspects for us, because it's something you can't ever get back once the big day is over. Clayton and his team did an incredible job and put together videos that were far more than we could have ever hoped for. When booking we decided on the 8 hour wedding coverage, and we're so thankful we did. The extra cost was well worth it because his team was able to get wonderful footage of the bridal party getting ready, as well as our first look. We had always heard that the wedding day ends up being such a blur, so we're so thankful we invested in Clayton to capture ever little detail for us. His team did a fabulous job editing all of the footage, and we've received countless compliments about how professional our highlight video turned out. We can't recommend Stringer Productions enough! They would definitely be a GREAT investment for any wedding!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Amy · Married on 11/21/2014

Words cannot describe how awesome the video is for my daughter (Emily+Brent)! There are two things worth the extra money...photography and videography. They will be treasured forever. I wish I had Clayton at my wedding back in 1987 even though he probably wasn't even born yet. Your attention to detail is amazing! I would recommend Stringer Productions to every bride. We live in the Dallas area and did not hesitate using Clayton at all - even if he was based in Austin. It was so worth it. We had the video trailer back within weeks and the complete 8 minute video back in about 6 weeks. And that was during two major holiday breaks. I am excited to watch all the 8 hours of footage as well. Great job!! Thank you! - Mother of the bride

Sent on 01/21/2015

Hiring Stringer Productions was hands-down the best decision we could have made. My husband and I knew from day 1 of our wedding planning that we wanted to hire a videographer. Clayton was recommended to us by our wedding planner; he ended up being the first and only videographer we met with, and the rest was history. We didn't have to look any further because he is THE perfect videographer. He was always ready and willing to answer any questions that I had (which I know at times can be frustrating because I am one of the pickier brides out there), and he was always open to any ideas or opinions that we had. He and his partner were an absolute pleasure to work with on our wedding day. I cannot say enough great things about them. They were both SO nice, fun, relaxed, and comfortable - I never felt like they were in the way. They literally fit right in with all of us. My husband was extremely pleased to work with them, too. He has told me several times since our wedding that he misses hanging out with them! :) Our families and friends enjoyed working with them and being around them as well. With all of this being said, you can tell simply by visiting Clayton's Vimeo page that he is amazing at what he does. I cannot wait to see the finished product of our wedding day - I know it's going to exceed any and all expectations we ever could have had. Thank you so much, Clayton! You are truly the best!!!! You guys were everything we wanted in a videography team and much, much more!! :)

Sent on 09/08/2014

Sent on 08/01/2014

Anna · Married on 01/03/2014

We are so incredibly happy that we chose Stringer Productions to film our wedding. We feel that our video is the best way for us to relive that day and we couldn't have asked for anything better. The quality was amazing! Our friends and family are in awe of our video. Clayton is so professional and really makes you feel comfortable. My husband and I are so happy we chose Stringer and we would chose it again and again!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Clayton was very willing and responsive to do my wedding on Christmas Eve! He and his partner were completely out of the way at the wedding while still getting amazing shots. He definitely knows what he's doing and I would recommend him for your wedding! He was very quick at getting my 5 minute preview out and got the rest of the dvd's just over a month later. So fast! The 5 minute teaser was beautifully and artistically done, capturing the essence of my wedding for those who couldn't be there and for me and my family to enjoy again :)

Sent on 02/07/2014

Laura · Married on 11/29/2013

My husband and I could not be happier with how our video looks! We highly recommend Stringer Videography to anyone looking for videography.

Sent on 02/15/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/02/2013

loved my video and trailer. definitely worth the money!

- Whitney Pineda

Sent on 02/18/2014

Blaire · Married on 09/09/2013

Clayton did my wedding as well as many of my friends wedding and I would not have had anyone else in the world! He is so creative and truly loves what he does! His work is brilliant and I will remember each tiny detail because of Clayton and his video! Heighly reccomend stringer productions!

Sent on 02/06/2014

We absolutely LOVED working with Stringer Productions. They were so easy to work with and did an amazing job! We love our video!! Clayton and his staff are so professional and very responsive. I never had any worries or any issues when working with them. I would definitely use them for another event and would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a videographer.

Sent on 02/13/2014

Kate · Married on 07/05/2013

Clayton Stringer is an amazing videographer. He was so kind and easy to work with despite the rain in the middle of our outdoor wedding. I am really impressed with the quality of our wedding video and couldn't be happier with the final product. I would highly recommend Stringer Productions to any bride who is looking for a unique, yet beautiful wedding video that captures the unforgettable memories made on her special day.

Sent on 02/15/2014

Emily · Married on 06/15/2013

Clayton did a phenomenal job filming my wedding. I will treasure my video forever! I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/21/2014

I could not have asked for a better experience! Clayton was wonderful and captured the essence and intimacy of our ceremony.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Allison · Married on 01/12/2013

If you are having ANY hesitation about using a videographer, let me assure you it is the best decision you will make, as long as you're using Stringer Productions. Clayton is unbelievable. Not only is he probably the nicest guy you will ever meet, he is amazingly talented and catches everything. The trailer that we got 2 weeks after our wedding left us in tears and wanting more! Then, the full 8 min. edited video was just out of this world. After the best day of our lives, alll we wanted to do was re-live our wedding over and over again, and Clayton truly gave us that opportunity in such a beautiful way! We got so many compliments about how professional and well-made the video was, and someone even told me it was their favorite movie! :) It was absolutely perfect, and using Stringer Productions was hands-down the best decision we made. Thank you, Clayton!!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Lauren · Married on 01/05/2013

Clayton did an amazing job capturing our wedding day. We are so happy with video!

Sent on 05/10/2013

Amy · Married on 12/01/2012

Clayton was very professional and personable. He was wonderful to work with before, during and after our wedding day.

Sent on 05/19/2013