NYIT de Seversky Mansion Reviews

NYIT de Seversky Mansion 5
NYIT de Seversky Mansion 6
NYIT de Seversky Mansion 7

Barbara · Married on 06/02/2013

If you want a wedding straight out of the Great Gatsby era then deSeversky Mansion is the place to go. My daughter knew she wanted a Long Island Gold Coast mansion to hold her wedding and, believe me, we looked at them all. None can compare to the beauty and perfection of deSeversky's. Built for the DuPont family back in 1918, it's original majesty and elegance has been meticulously maintained. Not only is the mansion an architectural gem and the grounds eye-poppingly beautiful, the staff makes you feel like this gorgeous setting is your home for the day. Eric, the Events Coordinator, was so gracious and informative from the first moment we had our "love-at-first-sight" look at the mansion. There was no hard sell, only "tell us what you want and we will help fulfill your dreams." Gabrielle and Jessica, sales associates, were efficient, helpful and quick to answer all questions and emails. And Damien, the Maitre'd was one-of-a-kind, fulfilling our every wish even before we knew we wanted something. The food was amazing with the buffet style we requested served at food stations throughout the beautiful rooms of the mansion. It was the kind of event our guests will be talking about for years and the perfect wedding we will never forget.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Marsha · Married on 04/28/2013

a wonderful event...delicious food, attentive staff...the perfect day!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Lisa · Married on 04/20/2013

Gabrielle and De Seversky gave me the wedding of my dreams. They nailed every detail from the kind of beer we wanted to the type of cookies to what time every event would happen. We did the European style and our guests absolutely loved it. We did our speeches in the Dining Room and then spent the rest of the evening dancing and partying in the garden room. Seriously one of the best nights of my life. Gabrielle is a pleasure to work with...and the perfect person to have by your side to get through weddding stress.

Sent on 04/29/2013

Jamie-Lee · Married on 04/06/2013

NYIT de Seversky Mansion was amazing from the beautiful grounds to the professional staff. They made our day that much more enjoyable and special. Gabrielle and Damien were top notch and made the whole process very easy. The food was fantastic (some of our guests are still talking about the sushi bar and mashed potato bar)! If you want to wow your wedding guests and have a wedding at one of the best venues on Long Island, de Seversky is the place for you!!

Sent on 04/23/2013

K · Married on 01/13/2013

From the first meeting at this venue, you know that you will receive professional service, every member of the staff is attentive and polite. My daughter's wedding was an elegant affair, and the guests raved about the food and atmosphere. I did not want to leave!

Sent on 01/13/2013

Jennie · Married on 12/08/2012

I had the most memorable wedding ceremony and reception at the mansion. This venue is beautiful, staff is great and food is excellent! I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding. I just can't say enough about the level of service and the quality of food there. I wish we can go back for another wedding! I would highly recommend this venue. We had the best time and our guests did too. Big thank you to the entire staff of the mansion!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2012

This is an amazing venue. Thanks to the team at de Seversky we had the perfect winter wedding- what I had always wanted. The food is incredible, the layout of the venue is spectacular- all of our guests were floured. The maitre d' Damien is the best!!!!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Sarah · Married on 11/23/2012

We are so glad that we booked here – this place is where everything came together for us. We knew that we wanted to party in a mansion, something that really felt like a home, and not your typical catering hall. We looked at just about every mansion on the island and NOTHING compared to the DeSeversky Mansion. Everywhere else felt like a catering hall – this was the only venue that really truly felt like a home.
    The sales team is so professional and honest – they had everything covered. We have had so many of our friends screwed over by well known catering halls, that we were worried the same thing would happen to us. But we had nothing to worry about – from start to finish. Eric and Gabrielle are such a great team – I am so glad that we hired them – they are by far my favorite vendors.
    Day of – Damian (our MatireD) and his team of professionals were so wonderful to us. The staff was so accommodating to our guests and on top of every request. Many of my guests told us this was the best wedding they had ever been to - and hands down the best food and sevice. We ended up choosing the Sea Bass, Duck and Filet of Beef entrees – all of which were incredible and the desert café (Viennese hour) in the Library, which was so much fun. I cannot say enough good things about this place. If you want the wedding of your dreams, look no further. We are so lucky to have found them and we’re so happy we did.

Sent on 12/13/2012

T · Married on 10/21/2012

We feel incredibly fortunate to have found de Seversky Mansion for our wedding. For starters, the venue is absolutely beautiful and if you are lucky enough to have nice weather, you can take advantage of the scenic outdoor space for pictures, the ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests raved about how classy and elegant the mansion and setting were. The environment and ambience set the tone for a very successful wedding. Next, as to the service, it was exceptional. The event coordinator, Gabrielle, was a pleasure to work with and helped us through every step of the process and was incredibly attentive -- answering all of our questions at any time of day/night. De Seversky accommodated all our requests for the menus for cocktail hour, dinner and drinks. Gabrielle helped coordinate the schedule and provided great recommendations for vendors. It all came together beautifully at the end. The maitre de, Damian, was professional and attentive to the wedding party and guests. We were guided through the wedding seamlessly and cannot say enough about how well it went. We recommend de Seversky highly to future couples seeking a classy venue with outdoor features without the pomp and circumstance of other places.

Sent on 10/29/2012
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 10/19/2012

The deSeversky Mansion is an amazing place to have a wedding. The entire staff was amazing - they kept everything running smoothly the entire event, listened to and executed on all my requests and were so friendly and calm. They are very experienced at hosting weddings so I knew I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Everyone complimented us on the setting, the food, etc. Overall, I was so unbelievably happy with how everything went and this should be almost entirely attributed to the staff at deSeversky, especially Damian, our matrie'd and Gabrielle, our sales rep. Both were very accommodating, answered all of our questions, etc. with the utmost patience. I would recommend ANYONE to get married here. Couldn't have asked for a better event.

Sent on 11/02/2012

We knew from the first moment that we laid eyes on the de Seversky Mansion that the venue would provide the absolute most romantic setting for our special day. The grounds were immaculately kept and the house beautiful, providing many unique and vintage-inspired photo opportunities. The food was spectacular, as described to us by nearly everyone in attendance. The staff was professional, ensuring that our day went without a hitch. The ability to do a European style approach enabled us to use the entire house and kept our guests from getting bored; the new addition of the fire pits was amazing during an otherwise cool, crisp fall evening.

Sent on 10/07/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2012

My husband and I had a huge and long search looking for a venue. We searched for a few months after we got engaged in May 2011. We knew we wanted something grand and opulent. We had to have visited at least 7 venues. It was a fun process in the beginning because each venue feeds you and gives you cocktails as they show you a tour. Lol. But after visiting a few you just want to find a place and you get tired of the same spiel. We were very impressed with Leonards and Jericho Terrace at first and the price was right. But at the same time we wanted a place that only did one wedding at a time and wasn't the cheesy factory type wedding place. After looking for a while around Long Island and Brooklyn we got discouraged and one day I googled "mansion wedding" and stumbled upon the de Seversky Mansion. The minute we saw the website we wanted it. So we made an appointment to visit and just the drive into this place we knew we had to have it. It was also one wedding at a time, felt very homey and still had the grand opulence we wanted. So we booked! We also loved the different set ups you can do. We chose the European style so we could utilize the entire mansion. Dinner in the ballroom, dancing in the garden room and cocktail hour in all other rooms. It was awesome sauce.
    Throughout the process, de Seversky always answered any questions we had quickly. Eric and Gabrielle were always very accommodating! The day of the actual wedding we were able to get there a few hours in advance to take pictures. Everything was wonderful! The food was soooooo good. And we can personally say that because we ATE! The mansion itself is of course gorgeous and the staff was so helpful. I had told them I was allergic to shrimp and peanuts so as I was being served dinner the wait staff comforted me and told me they made sure there was no shrimp or peanuts on my plate. Everyone told me the food was wonderful and there was so much of it.
    The suite upstairs is gorgeous, I wish I had more time to just

Sent on 12/27/2012

I loved that this mansion was ours for the evening. We put pics of us around and it truly felt like our home. Plus the food is just amazing! and there is soooooo much of it. I wish I could come back as a guest and eat all night.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Gregory · Married on 08/30/2012

Eric Redlich and his team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect and memorable. From the planning stages right down to the wedding day, we were treated like KINGS!
    The day of the wedding, the staff could not be more attentive or accommodating.
    All of our guests enjoyed themselves and told us that it was one of the best wedding they have ever attended.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Christina · Married on 08/26/2012

The De Seversky Mansion was a dream come true. This historical landmark is elegant, beautiful, sophisticated, and breathtaking. Our guests had the most amazing time walking the grounds, eating the excellent food, and taking in the beauty of the mansion. This is a setting that would make any Bride and Groom feel elevated in their love. Gabrielle Dubey was our event planner. Our joyful experience at the mansion was because of the exceptional assistance of Gabrielle. Every question, concern, and desire was met with a genuinely kind representative who was more then happy to create the wedding celebration of our dreams.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Dan · Married on 08/25/2012

My daughter's wedding was the best I've ever been to. de Seversky is a beautiful mansion, the hors d'oevres and dinner were outstanding. Service impeccable. Can't say enough about them!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2012

This venue was wonderful. I cannot say enough about how great the staff was and how beautiful the location was. The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable. My guests are still raving about my wedding a month later!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Anna · Married on 08/12/2012

Our wedding at the de Seversky Mansion was absolutely amazing thanks to the staff and the wonderful service they provide. Throughout the entire planning process their staff was extremely responsive and helpful. At one point the representative we were working with left, but the changeover was absolutely seamless. We loved working with Gabrielle to work out all the details for our wedding day. She is always friendly, responsive and extremely helpful. De Seversky was also able to work with us to accomodate specific requests to make sure that the day worked for us and our guests. The day itself went off without a hitch and was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. The venue itself is stunning, filled with warmth and charm. In addition to the natural beauty, the food was absolutely amazing and our guests are still raving about it. We would strongly recommend De Seversky to anyone because you will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Dana · Married on 08/10/2012

The venue was exceptionally beautiful and perfect for a very elegant and classy affair. The service was exceptional, with attentive, friendly staff who catered to our every need. The food was delicious, and the overall wedding experience was incomparable. Several of our guests commented that we had the best wedding they had ever attended! I highly recommend this venue for an accommodating and unforgettable event!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Cannot be more happy to pick deSeversky as the wedding venue. Gabrielle was our coordinator and from the second we walked in to look at the venue her service was impeccable. I visited many wedding venues in manhattan and the deSeversky staff were way better in treating their guests from the moment we were greeted.
    The setting and the mansion is classic and elegant for a very intimate wedding and yet your guests can move around without being trapped in a ballroom like most hotels. It rained on my wedding date but we hosted the ceremony in the terrace room which turned out to be very romantic and cozy. The cocktail hour was also the highlight with so much food to choose from I think my guests were overwhelmed.
    I could not hope for a better wedding venue than deSeversky. The staff and many of the preferred vendors are so helpful it makes wedding planning easy and enjoyable!!

Sent on 08/11/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/20/2012

I absolutely loved everything about working with the De Seversky Mansion from their positive and friendly client service, their responsiveness, their flexibility and great ideas! The venue is gorgeous and their food is over the top. I will always think of them fondly and have been recommending them to my friends, family and clients. My wedding couldn't have been any better!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Christina · Married on 06/15/2012

I cannot begin to say enough good things about NYIT de Seversky Mansion. We visited many similar "Gold Coast" Mansions, all of which paled in comparison. The website doesn't do the venue justice; it is truly breathtaking. The grounds are exceptionally maintained, as is the interior. Considering what some of its competitors charge, is place is a bargain. What really stood out to us was the level of service we received beginning with our first inquiry email. Every staff member was so warm, responsive and accommodating. We ended up finding our hotel, DJ and shuttle bus through the participating vendors at the tasting. About the tasting....when we left the tasting, we were not overly excited about the food, but we knew it would be good. To our pleasant surprise, the food was actually the star of the show! Our guests thought the passed hors d'oeuvres and cocktail hour stations were the actual dinner, only to discover that there was a three course meal in their future. I would say that we had 80% of our guests come up to us to rave about the food.. The food was seriously exceptional. We had known that the staff at de Seversky was five star, but many of our guests also commented on how exceptional the staff was. We worked with Damian, Eric, Gabrielle and Ittala, all of whom promptly responded to our (mostly my) OCD pre-wedding panic emails. I wish I could hug all of them and say thank you for the most beautiful wedding ever. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Eric and the staff at the Mansion were absolutely wonderful. Not one detail was overlooked. Everything was perfect!!! Many thanks to everyone who made our day incredibly amazing.

Sent on 06/23/2012

Judi · Married on 06/03/2012

Hi Eric,

Well, where to begin? We had over a year to work together to make this spectacular event a reality. You and the entire de Seversky team worked with me every step of the way. You shared my vision to create the perfect day for the kids. There was no request that went unfulfilled and once you saw the level of perfection I wanted to achieve you took the challenge and far exceeded my expectations. As you gave me your full attention you deserve these detailed bravos about each aspect of the day.

The facility: The building was brought to its full potential to impress the dignitaries that were present at the affair. Of course I will always refer to the ladies room as your ultimate gift to my requests. The grounds were breathtaking, the ballroom so elegant and the cocktail rooms were the perfect setting for the elaborate cocktail hour and dessert cafe. I must not forget to mention that the entry was a perfect way to set the scene for what was yet to come.

The staff: Well, you have gathered the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff I could have imagined. My daughter-in-law and I were surrounded by people wanting to help us in anyway we needed. All of the guests commented that the staff was hovering, waiting to fulfill any and all requests. An empty glass was not to be found, a napkin did not remain unfolded for more than 10 seconds. The service can only be described as impeccable. Also, every person who worked that day was absolutely delightful! I would be remiss if I did not mention Damian. I refer to him as "my Damian" in all conversations I have when talking about the wedding. There are no words to describe his level of expertise. And you.....well you have a permanent place in my heart. You wanted the day to be perfect knowing how hard I had worked during the year. I must also acknowledge Gabrielle who is just so lovely and capable and Robert for truly understanding what I was looking for regarding both the level of food and the elegant presentation.

The food: If you saw some main dishes untouched....it was not because they were not delicious. It was because our guests had stuffed themselves to the limit during the cocktail hour. Guests offered raves about everything at the cocktail hour. Of course they could barely comprehend the amount of shrimp and lobster your offered. Also, the short ribs were an incredible hit! Each main dish was plated as it would be at a fine restaurant. Many guests could not believe that after that opulent cocktail hour a full meal was served and then......oh my the dessert cafe was beyond everyone's comprehension. I watched my guests reactions as they walked into the room to see all the amazing desserts being served.

So, I would like to thank you and my de Seversky family for making the day beyond perfect. If there is ever anything, and I mean anything that I can do for you in return please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to celebrating many happy occasions at what I consider to be the premier location on Long Island.

Sent on 06/10/2012
  • X

Xandra · Married on 06/02/2012

Dearest Gabrielle & Damien:

Well, where should we begin? We can't express enough our gratitude for taking of us - in making our day absolutely wonderful. You and the entire de Seversky team worked with me every step of the way! There was no request that went unfulfilled. You've exceeded all our expectations. Thank you for making this wedding a dream come true. It was absolutely perfect!

The mansion & the Staff: The grounds were breathtaking, the ballroom was absolutely beautiful and the cocktail rooms were the perfect setting for an elaborate cocktail hour. The service can only be described as impeccable, perfection! Every guest enjoyed and mentioned that the staff took care of them. Every person who worked that day was absolutely delightful and helpful. We have to commend Damien for taking care of us. There are no words to describe our gratitude. You've made us feel so special. Thank you for making our day absolutely PERFECT.
    The food: Our guests raved about how much food and drinks were offered during the cocktail hour. Many guests could not believe that after that opulent cocktail hour a full meal was served and the DESSERT cafe was to die for!!!
    I would like to thank you, Gabrielle and Damien and the whole de Seversky staff for making our day absolutely beautiful. These memories will always be embedded in our hearts. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

Sent on 06/11/2012