NYIT de Seversky Mansion Reviews

NYIT de Seversky Mansion 3
NYIT de Seversky Mansion 4
NYIT de Seversky Mansion 5

kara · Married on 03/28/2015

As soon we pulled up and could see the mansion in the distance, I knew this was the venue for us. Even the drive up is gorgeous! The outside, grounds and surrounding area are well manicured and so classic. The inside of the mansion is breathtaking. We chose to do a European style reception which I was a little nervous about because it's different from the norm but our guests (and us) LOVED having the sit down dinner in the beautiful ballroom uninterrupted by dancing. And it really made the night so exciting moving from space to space as the reception progressed.
    The food at the mansion is outstanding! Our wedding was 6 months ago and we are still hearing from friends and family how amazing and plentiful the food was. The mansion hit cocktail hour out of the park. We opted for the higher priced liquor package and it was worth it. Our guests couldn't believe the bartenders were pouring Macallan etc. Dinner was incredible and the service was beyond anything us and our guests have ever experienced. It was true white glove service. Dessert was spectacular too and our guests went nuts over the waffle ice cream bar not to mention it smelled so amazing.
    In terms of the service team, I can't say enough about them. Jessica and Ana helped us plan the wedding and were both super helpful and always available. Not one question went unanswered and they always made sure we were fully satisfied. Virigina was our maitr d' and her team was perfection as well. They had a timeline of our evening and executed it perfectly. Joan was literally trailing my husband and I during cocktail hour with a plate of hors'de ovres so we were able to enjoy cocktail hour as well. During dinner and dessert, we had everything we needed and more. As did our guests.
    The night was perfect and I could not recommend this venue more. It was truly the best wedding in the perfect, elegant setting.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Jen · Married on 03/27/2015

Absolute perfection. I had my wedding here a little over a week ago. The venue is gorgeous and really provides a beautiful backdrop for photographs. The food was also elegantly presented and DELICIOUS. I received so many compliments. Working with the staff was easy. I'm very detail oriented and a bit of a pain. Jessica was so gracious in dealing with me and my mother, and accommodating our last minute changes etc. I couldn't have asked for anything else. I really had my dream wedding here for such a reasonable price. I highly recommend this venue to all potential brides, it was truly a magical experience.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 03/01/2015

I went to school here and remembered loving this building and more than anything loving the food. NYIT de Seversky Mansion staff was spectacular! This is not their first rodeo. Never once we had to ask for anything on the day of. If I was thinking of it, it appeared in front of me. A snow storm decided to blow in on the day of and to make sure we got our pictures outside they snow blowed the area we going to walk in. We had a lot of little things go wrong that day, thats inevitable (not because of NYIT) but through the normal stuff of wrangling any large group of people but the staff at NYIT de Seversky Mansion made it as stress free as possible and everyone still compliments on how much fun they had at the wedding!

Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Rebecca · Married on 12/13/2014

Every aspect of my wedding at the de Seversky Mansion was flawless. From the pre-planning, to the week of and then the actual day were top-notch. The staff was attentive, the food was phenomenal and the venue was picture-perfect. I could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 11/16/2014

All of our guests enjoyed the night and several said it was the perfect wedding. We fell in love with de Seversky when we first saw it and were thrilled that the venue only did one wedding at a time. We received countless compliments on the food and the decor. The staff was responsible and did a great job at looking after the bridal party and the guests. We would highly recommend the venue.

Damien was our maitre' d and he made sure that the day went smoothly from the setting up of vendors, to the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Our point person was Ana, she answered every question we had and was patient with us throughout the process. We were able to plan our wedding within 4 months because of the wonderful staff at de Seversky and their suggested vendors.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Jill · Married on 09/14/2014

The de Seversky Mansion is an amazing venue to have your wedding. The grounds are spectacular, the food offering and quality was deletable, and you are treated with VIP service from the start and end of your celebration. We highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Damien and Virginia made our night just perfect. Exceptional venue. Everyone loved this location. Would do it all over again. Highly professional staff. My groomzilla was extremely satisfied! :)

Sent on 08/25/2014

Katlyn · Married on 08/15/2014

There are literally no words. It is just flawless. We viewed about seven venues before discovering the deSeversky Mansion at NYIT campus. It's a little known secret, and I'd say about 90% of the people who asked where we were getting married had this clueless look on their face when I told them, but with the 10% that DID know of it, their eyes lit up. It's a beautiful turn of the century mansion in Old Westbury, currently on the NYIT campus. The best part is that they haven't altered it. It's absolutely gorgeous. We booked about 22 months out, and about a year out I was told that the contact person who we had been assigned to was leaving and I was given a new person. I was anxious at first, but Jessica Piccirillo was AMAZING. She answered all my emails immediately, and anything I asked for was granted right away. The planning was seamless, there were no qualms when I asked for things that weren't on the menu, and there was nothing they said 'no' to. We didn't really have a theme, I just wanted classic and elegant. The day of, everything was just flawless. Damien, the maitre'd, was impeccable and made every last thing run smoothly. If anything went wrong, I was and still am completely oblivious to it because to me, the day was perfect. Jessica was with me when we were all lined up for the ceremony, and she fixed my veil and train and was very calming. Damien told everyone when to go and it was perfect. The food is AMAZING. That part I'm super proud of, we didn't have your typical wedding food. We had delicious, five star food that everyone raved about. Even our foodie friends were super impressed. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and our cigar bar was a hit with half the wedding out on the terrace enjoying the cigars by the fire pits!
    Damien made sure our overnight bags were in the getaway car before our sparkler send-off, which he also coordinated perfectly. And he also put in the car our favorite food from cocktail hour that we were too busy to eat before!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Shara · Married on 08/02/2014

We are SO HAPPY that we had our wedding at the de Seversky. Everything from the food to the mansion layout to the ceremony set up to the day-of getting ready and all the prep was seamless and perfect. Working with Ana and Jessica and Damian was a special treat - they really were interested in making your day perfect. My family is a bit hard to deal with (we all have very different sets of ideas and are all pretty stubborn) yet they worked to accommodate us all and make sure we each were happy with everything. It was the best weekend of our lives and the night couldn't have been more perfect. This is definitely the best wedding venue around. So many of our guests told us it was the "best wedding" ever. I can't thank the de Seversky enough.

Sent on 08/19/2014

donna · Married on 08/02/2014

WOW! This place is amazing and I am not one to compliment so easily. Best bang for your buck on Long Island for a Gatsby like wedding (or any type of wedding for that matter). We had looked everywhere, wineries, outdoor farms, south shore, north shore, upstate NY, etc, but nothing beat this place. Friends and relatives have said they felt as if they were a special Gold Coast guest of an earlier era and so many have told us this was the best wedding they had ever attended.
    We have to thank the De Seversky Center staff and especially Jessica and Damien. They were incredibly helpful in making things work smoothly and beautifully.
    The food was outstanding. We had the "mansion style" wedding, which I was nervous about, since there are no assigned seats and it is basically a buffet. However, this I believe, made the night even more special. It is a far cry from a typical buffet. Generally, everyone's favorite part of the wedding is the cocktail hour. This just goes on continuously all night and everyone can walk throughout the mansion with the option of choosing the food they like, at the time they like, and as much as they like! As one guest put it, "I found delicious food in the 'library room' and sat down with friends to eat. When I finished I wandered into another room - surprise! - even more delicious food!"
    The set up was perfect so that eating and talking could be away from the band for those who actually wanted to hear a conversation or in the ballroom with the band if that was your preference.
    The gorgeous rooms, especially the ballroom, the beautiful grounds and the dramatic entrance all created such a romantic evening.
    The mansion was ours for the day, with my daughter's bridal party getting ready in a beautiful upstairs bedroom starting in the morning...and snacks were provided too! Her now husband had the "man-cave" for his groomsmen and both enjoyed every moment of the day. Thanks to all!!!!

Sent on 08/29/2014
  • F

Francesca · Married on 07/19/2014

My now husband and I knew the minute we pulled up to the Mansion that we had (finally) found our venue. It totally warps you into another era. Into the glitz and glam of the roaring 20's, without being over the top and gaudy. The grounds are spectacular. Nothing is perfectly tripped, it has a very "secret garden" feel to it and the lake is breathtaking. What really made the planning and then the execution so special and drama free are the people. Every single person was remarkable. Flexible, warm and accommodating with all of the details. Our wedding day turned out to be the best day of our lives. We had so much fun and received so many compliments throughout the evening. People were in awe of the actual venue, the food and the staff. We really can't thank De Severkly enough for being a part of something so special to us. We will forever remember and cherish it. <3

Sent on 07/23/2014

Julie · Married on 06/13/2014

My husband and I had our wedding at NYIT De Seversky Mansion in June 2014 and we cannot recommend them enough. They were far and away my favorite vendor. Very responsive, professional, and welcoming at all times. They were wonderful to work with from beginning to end and really go far beyond the service you expect a venue to provide. I am a corporate event planner so I have had a lot of experience with venues and hotels and NYIT is unmatched. I worked with Jessica leading up to the wedding and Damian on the day and both were fantastic. The staff on-site at the wedding on the day were all wonderfully professional.

Along with the service, the catering really is exceptional and the grounds are maintained beautifully. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking to host an event. Don't hesitate!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/31/2014

The De Seversky Mansion is a venue like no other. The mansion is beautiful and the grounds are well maintained. We worked mostly with Jessica. She was professional and always quick to respond to any questions we had. She and her entire were pleasure to work with.

We decided to go with the European style, so we can use the entire mansion. I was little concerned that our guests would not like European style since everyone is use to the traditional wedding. However, my guests absolutely loved moving throughout the mansion and having the opportunity to talk to family and friends during dinner and then party later on.

Our guests could not stop raving about the venue, the food and the service. Since I actually ate at my wedding, I also agree that the food was incredible.

As mentioned, the service was amazing. They attended to everyone's needs without even asking. Of course, I cannot mention service without talking about Damian, our maitre d. He was great and was eager to help with any request we had.

We cannot thank the De Seversky staff enough for making our wedding day perfect. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2014

We could write paragraphs, upon paragraphs about how incredibly perfect our wedding was... But I can summarize it all.

Jessica, Damien and the other folks who were involved in our day, helped make this the "best wedding" that all of our guests have ever been to.

I can only hope that one day, we will get to attend a wedding as a guest, at NYIT de seversky... So we can see everything our guests got to experience.

Thank you again for EVERYTHING. When a bridesmaid lost her bouquet. a few clicks on the walkie-talkie, and Damien found it and brought it to us. Anytime we needed something, it was done in minutes.

Maybe we are being biased, because it was our wedding... but by far, the greatest wedding I have ever been to.

Sent on 06/21/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2014

One week ago, my husband and I celebrated our marriage at NYIT de Seversky Mansion. From the moment we first drove up to the mansion last May we knew this place was something very special. The mansion itself is breathtakingly beautiful, is beautifully restored, and is kept meticulously clean. However, it is the staff at de Seversky that makes this venue such a wonderful place. I worked with Jessica in sales, but also worked briefly with the others. Each person was polite, knowledgeable, and so responsive. Jessica took care of every detail, she answered every question, and was there to help with suggestions when needed. She is truly a professional and so great at what she does!

The night of our wedding the mansion looked exquisite! Every detail we had discussed was brought into life. Every one of my guests were complimenting the venue and how beautiful it was. They also raved about the food. I, personally, have never had food as amazing as theirs. The head chef is creative in is dishes, while still maintaining some familiarity to his dishes. Our maitre d, Damian, was amazing! He attended to every one of my husband and my needs, as well as made sure our parents were comfortable and looked after. Every staff member was polite, courteous, and responsive to our needs. I can't say more about just how kind everyone was.

Perhaps, the best compliment is that all of our guests raved about how spectacular our venue was. They loved every detail about the reception de Seversky made possible. De Seversky Mansion was the perfect venue for our wedding. Thank you to everyone who made our wedding day so special.

Sent on 05/17/2014

I cant imagine a better, more professional, well run, and accommodating venue- it was really more than I could ever hope for. The service by every single person there was done well and with a smile. We were treated as though our event was of utmost importance to them. Even our other vendors, such as the florist, complimented them! For example, the weather was unusually beautiful and without asking they opened their doors to the patio, put out heat lamps, moved our guests throughout, all without any prompting. This was the wedding I hoped I could give my daughter, and it will always be an incredible day for her to live, and to remember.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Brenda · Married on 04/05/2014

We loved deseversky!!! I truly can't say enough and the food was truly amazing. The grounds were beautiful and our ceremony was on site outside just the way I wanted it. A little chilly but perfect. I felt like I was at home having all my friends there and the run of the mansion all to my self it was perfect. We used most of there vendors, cake, photo and flowers. The cake was really yummy and I am a cake person. It looked beautiful and tasted just as great. The flowers were amazing. Mum mom loved them and Bella was so easy and great to work with and the personal touch we were looking for. Photos and I just waiting to see my pics but I think they did a great job.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Rocco · Married on 11/29/2013

I am a groomzilla and mico managed!! I am in the food/catering industry and am aware of how easy it is for a party to be the best ever or the worst ever. It is a very fine line.

As the planning began I was dealing with Eric and Gabriella. Both of whom were very great. Two months before my wedding I find out they both left. So of course I was super nervous and took a ride down there asap to speak with whomever would now be in charge.

Jessica was now in charge of my wedding and all other future venues. Jessica was great! She will listen to what you have to say because her goal is ultimately to make the client happy. If she makes any recommendations I suggest you really consider them.

Not only Jessica but the entire staff is very helpful and you will never feel rushed.

The Wedding Day...
    All the staff was friendly, well kept and clean.
    Their uniforms were ironed and clean.
    The cocktail hour food was amazing. Your guests will rave.
    The main course: Phenomenal (ask about the duets)
    Dessert Cafe was all inclusive and great.
    Good coffee and cappuccino.

The Mansion likes to host a European Style Wedding.
    This style is different than the traditional style wedding. The way a European Style works is that..

1st Cocktail Hour
    2nd Sit Down Dinner
    3rd Dancing and Party
    4th Dessert cafe

This style is great! During the sit down dinner it allows time for the bride and groom to go table to table and thank everyone. SO during the dancing portion you can hang out with everyone dancing and actually enjoy your wedding. The sit down dinner really is nice and something different. Best part is you will also have time to eat! People really wont leave after dinner. It was one of my fears too. Also make sure you communicate with the DJ because your guests need to be made aware that dancing will than follow the dinner and it will be in a separate room in the mansion. You will be able to utilize every room for whichever portion of the evening you will like.

Sent on 01/03/2014

gabby · Married on 11/17/2013

Jessica 2 as great and did an amazing girl job for us from start to finish. The food was amazing and we used there recommended florist Bella flowers who did a amazing job. We felt as if we were in a dream the whole evening. I am sad the night is over what but what an experience.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2013

From the moment we got engaged and planned on having our wedding on Long Island, I knew I wanted it to be a little "different". I didn't just want the standard catering hall or country club wedding. I wanted it to be in a mansion and I wanted it to be unlike any other. When I researched mansions on Long Island I found de Seversky and the instant I saw the pictures online, I knew this was the one. Visiting the mansion and meeting with the friendly staff only confirmed my feelings and we booked on the spot.

On the day of our wedding, as is customary, not everything went according to plan but the staff at de Seversky always kept our nerves at bay and ensured the day was special. We chose the European–style wedding (there are three options to choose from) and our guests were amazed by the abundance of food and access to the mansion. We truly felt that the mansion was ours for the night and the staff treated us like royalty.

The food was plentiful and unbelievably delicious. There was so much to choose from, our guests could not have wanted for anything and many didn’t save room for dinner!

The service is what really places de Seversky above the rest. Jessica and Alyson plan events at de Seversky every day for numerous people but you wouldn’t know that from the way they treat you. Each interaction is greeted with enthusiasm and excitement and every question is promptly responded to. Damian goes above and beyond for each couple he works with. We accidentally left our card box at the venue and he drove it to our hotel on his way home that evening! All the staff at de Seversky did a wonderful job and I truly cannot wait to plan another event there. I highly recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding in Long Island; you won’t regret it for a second.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2013

NYIT was the perfect place to have my wedding, everything was flawless. The staff was so incredibly helpful, Damien and everyone we worked with made what could have been a hectic night, almost relaxing. De seversky truly felt like my home for that night. The food was fantastic and our guests had a blast. Wish I could relive this night over and over. Best wedding ever!
    Love Ashley and Chris

Sent on 12/03/2013

my daughter's wedding was fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. Everyone was great to work with. Our guests haven't stopped talking about it. They did a great job. I would definitely recommend it. Even if you decide not to use them, go see it and talk to them. The food was great too.

Sent on 01/17/2014
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 08/31/2013

The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing (guest continue to rave about it), and the staff goes over and above the call of duty (shout out to Gabrielle). So very accomodating and it was exactly what we were looking for. It is definitely the venue that rises from the bunch of cookie-cutter halls that have littered Long Island. De Seversky Mansion was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and reception. We highly, highly recommend it to any couple in the midst of their venue search.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Cannot say enough good things about the de Seversky mansion. Leading up to the wedding, Gabby was there every step of the way to answer any questions and address any concerns we had. On the day of the wedding, our maitre d' was very very attentive and helpful, and went out of his way to make sure that everything went smoothly.
    While we were wary of doing a "European Style" wedding, it was actually a much more sensible set up than the typical eat-while-dancing-and-speeches. Everyone got to sit down and have a nice, civilized dinner, followed by dancing or, for the more reserved guests, sitting in one of the mansion's many rooms and chatting while enjoying drinks and dessert.
    In short, the food was amazing, the venue is beautiful, and the staff was attentive and friendly.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/06/2013

NYIT de Seversky is a special venue, not your typical "wedding factory". The Mansion is yours alone for your special day. From the moment you arrive on the shaded grounds and drive up the circular driveway, you know that this venue is unique. Think "Great Gatsby" atmosphere. The Mansion has been meticulously maintained and restored to its historical grandeur. Our daughter knew immediately that this was the perfect venue for her wedding. It is one of a kind.
    The Mansion provides the option of an outdoor ceremony on the stone and brick patio that looks out over the back lawn to a small lake. A large linden tree shaded the guests and the scenery was stunning. We chose the European Style reception. The food at the cocktail hour, served both inside and outdoors, was plentiful and delicious. Our guests enjoyed the lobster, lamb chops, sushi, grill stations and passed appetizers immensely. The sit down dinner in the Dining Room and Garden Room was equally delicious, although we felt the separation of the two rooms was a bit awkward for Toasts. Dancing followed in the Ballroom, and we had a Photo Booth in the Reception Bar area. The Dessert Cafe opened in the Library at 10PM, another dazzling display of sweets, cakes, ice cream and waffles. An overwhelmingly delicious night of food!
    As wonderful and special as the Mansion is, its true asset is the Staff. Gabrielle worked with us for 18 months to finalize all the many details for this special day. She answered every email promptly, efficiently and pleasantly. On site, Jessica and Damian anticipated our every need before we had to ask, and always had smiles on their faces. The entire onsite staff was helpful and fun to be around. The reason that de Seversky's events flow so seamlessly is because the Staff are all consummate professionals.
    My only regret is that it's over. I would love to go back and do it all again, or better yet, be a guest at another de Seversky event!

Sent on 07/24/2013