NYIT de Seversky Mansion Reviews

NYIT de Seversky Mansion 5
NYIT de Seversky Mansion 6
NYIT de Seversky Mansion 7

Edward · Married on 09/16/2016

Recently held our wedding here and it was absolutely magical. The outdoor service, cocktail hour (where the guests thought the food was the dinner, because it was so good), then the dinner and dancing were superb. So happy we chose and were able to get this place for our wedding. Truly unforgettable.

Only wish it could have lasted longer.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Tatianna · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I got married here in August and everything exceeded our expectations. The entire process from the beginning to the end was a lot less stressful thanks to Ana. She was constantly in touch with me and helping answer any questions and needs I had. She also fulfilled all of our requests to really make our day unbelievable. Everyone is still talking about how amazing the venue and the food was. There was a little bit of miscommunication between the Maitre D and our other vendors, specifically the photographers, so they happened to miss some important moments. My only complaint would be that it was difficult to work with one person the entire time and then have a completely different person there the day of. This caused a little bit of confusion the night of the wedding. Other than that everything was great.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Cheryl · Married on 08/05/2016

Highly recommended venue. I had my wedding in August 2016 and everything was perfect. My limo ran late so the wedding party missed the cocktail hour, there were attendants running after us with food while we were taking pictures, which was great because we were all starving. I am still getting positive remarks about the food at the cocktail hour even a year after the wedding. My bridal attendant was also exceptional.

Allison · Married on 07/22/2016

Jess and Ana, the event manager/specialist, were so patient with me over the past 2 years of planning, always very responsive, and often acted my unofficial wedding planners. Jess was amazing the day of, she really put me at ease the day of that everything would be taken care of and was there to ensure everything ran according to plan. They were so flexible in allowing us to make changes to the menus to reflex our tastes, even letting me completely change the recipe for the mahi mahi entrée. The venue staff on the day of outdid themselves with setting up everything, we had about 9 large boxes of stuff to be set up for the reception and it was all displayed beautifully. My bridal attendant, Joan, was exceptional and so helpful when it came to lacing my dress and helping me with my bustle. De Seversky brides, you are in excellent hands!

B · Married on 07/02/2016

This place is absolutely amazing. This was our last venue visit and we fell absolutely in love compared to locations in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Here are my highlights

1. Staff - Jessica - our sales rep was super helpful and always cheerful and ready to answer questions. The staff on the wedding night made our lives a lot easier and helped us with things (like last minute sewing!).
    2. Price - Compared to other locations in the area, the price was very reasonable. Price included food, booze, tables, chairs, linens. For vendors, we had to get a DJ, florist, cake and photographer/videographer.
    3. Food - AMAZING. LI weddings are notorious for their food, but I have to say, NYIT's was the best. I can't tell you how many compliments we received from our guests.
    4. Venue - the mansion and the outdoor space is gorgeous. You'll have no idea you're actually on a college campus!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Linda · Married on 06/19/2016

We stumbled upon NYIT in the midst of a long period of looking at multiple venues every weekend, and as soon as we saw the mansion, we knew we had found the place for us. I can only say that everything about the de Seversky mansion is wonderful. Not only is the venue private and beautiful, but the food is delicious and the staff superb. Ana and Jessica and indeed the entire NYIT team are so organized and gracious. We felt that we couldn’t have had a better wedding. The only warning I have is to be careful before hiring some of their event partners – NYIT is first rate, but some of their partners unfortunately are not. We had a guest count of about 100 and had a sit-down style dinner, preceded by a cocktail hour on the veranda. Thank you NYIT, you made our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Ryan · Married on 05/29/2016

de Seversky Mansion was the most incredible venue for our wedding! We first looked at the mansion after a friend's recommendation, and as soon as we arrived we knew this was the place for us. We only looked at one other venue which didn't even come close in comparison. Throughout our wedding planning we worked closely with Ana and Jessica who were incredibly helpful and responsive to all our questions and concerns. Everything went very smoothly with our planning process and wedding day thanks to de Seversky. Our wedding day was amazing – we couldn't have asked for a better day. My bridesmaids and I were greeted in the morning by several members of the de Seversky staff. They had food and champagne set up for us in the bridal suite. The staff took care of greeting all our vendors and making sure everything was set up just the way we wanted it. My bridal attendant Joan was fantastic - she was there to help me with whatever I needed for the entire day, including making sure I could taste the food during cocktail hour! Our guests are still raving about the fantastic time they had at our wedding, how beautiful and unique our venue was, and how delicious the food was. I cannot emphasize enough how incredible de Seversky is – you won’t be sorry if you book here!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Molly and Ryan,

It was an absolute pleasure working with you! Thank you so much for the lovely review!

All the best,
    Ana and the de Seversky team!

If you are looking for a gorgeous, memorable, and absolutely fabulous venue with an incredible staff... your search is OVER!!! NYIT de Seversky Mansion is hands down the best of the best. From the moment we turned onto the driveway we knew, we had found our venue. Working with Jessica and Ana in the months leading up to our 4/30 wedding was an absolute pleasure, every question answered from their highly knowledgeable and talented staff. Every moment leading up to our wedding day was a breeze working with this team.

On the day of our wedding, the staff was extremely helpful as my groom and I got ready in our respective areas. After our ceremony when we returned to the venue we were greeted outside by Jessica and Joan, our bridal attendant. The first words Jessica said to us " Congrats! And Welcome Home!" and we truly felt as though we were "home" for those following hours. We had a European style reception (dinner in the dining room and dancing in the ballroom) and it felt as though we were having an intimate gathering with our friends and family at our home and not your standard wedding hall reception.

There was an abundance of food, which was phenomenal. Our guests are still raving about how good the food was and how many options there were between the cocktail hour and the dinner itself.

Jackie the Maitre D was incredible and made sure that we remained on track with our schedule and that everything was going according to plan. If anything did go wrong, I didn't know about it, and that is all a bride could ask for. Joan my bridal attendant was also fabulous. Anything I needed she was there to lend me a hand and made sure that my husband and I were taken care of and enjoying our night.

Hands down NYIT deSeversky Mansion is the BEST venue on Long Island.

Jessica, Ana, Candece, Jackie, and Joan thank you all for making our wedding day the greatest day of our lives!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Denise · Married on 03/19/2016

Simply love them. Jessica has been my pseudo wedding planner from the start and I can't tell you how helpful, kind, and understanding she has been. Sometimes I feel like I'm asking a ridiculous amount of questions but she has no problem with answering any of them or making me feel special. The venue itself is just absolutely stunning and exactly what I was going for so I couldn't be more pleased.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Christine · Married on 01/02/2016

You pay for what you get...expect to pay a little more here but you'll be able to sleep at night knowing your wedding will be perfect and one that your guests will leave raving about. The staff at de Seversky Mansion are nothing short of top notch. They are with you every step of the way leading up to your wedding and then on that day you're treated like royalty. The venue, service, and food are all fit for a king. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Amanda · Married on 12/19/2015

Words cannot not describe how thankful I am for choosing the De Seversky as our reception venue. From the start the staff was patient and responsive in answering all of my questions. I am not the type of bride who knew everything about the wedding I wanted. I had no idea where to begin. We worked with Kristin and she was so amazing making suggestions and guiding me throughout the entire process. The week leading up to the wedding I had a lot of opinions coming at me from my mom to my sisters and my mother in law and Kristin helped me navigate it all. The day of the wedding was a dream. I did not have to worry about anything. The staff thought of everything. They were there when I needed them, but never in the way.

My guests keep raving about the venue, in particular the FOOD! Multiple people came up to me and told me it was the best wedding they had been too.

I cannot thank Kristin, Jonathan, Pam, and Joan and the entire staff for an incredible evening.

Sent on 12/30/2015

My wedding day was the best day of my life and the staff at the De Seversky Mansion played a HUGE part in this. I worked with Jessica, Pam and Jonathan, who always had a smile on their face. They were responsive, flexible and attentive to our every need. If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I wouldn't change anything!

Sent on 12/21/2015

NYIT de Seversky Mansion was the only venue we looked at over a year in advance of our wedding, and we knew it would be perfect for us. We took one of the only remaining fall wedding dates in November, and it set the tone for the rest of the wedding.

Jessica and Ana (and the whole team) were beyond helpful, excited for us, and essential in having everything run smoothly. We felt as if we had known them for years. The de Seversky team takes care of everything you need them to, and makes the process of wedding planning efficient and stress-free. Not only did they take care to make sure we were comfortable in our meetings where they listened to all our ideas and wishes, they made sure they were carried out. They took care of all set up day of, including the set up of my diy photo backdrop, and we felt well taken care of. Jessica even printed the menus using our specific wedding invitation fonts and graphics.
    Based on number of guests, we had their european style reception which I highly recommend -- cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing are all separated out which allowed our guests to explore the mansion and feel like there was always something new to look forward to.Our food was amazing and abundant, including 2 roast pigs made with a special request sauce recipe. We loved that there were unique options for main entrees, and the mansion took care of all guest allergies in advance. Jessica searched out special request beers for us, the team made our speciality cocktails of mulled wine and whiskey sour, and set up a late night whiskey bar without batting an eye.
    Pam was with us during the party, and took care of everything, even bringing us glasses of water while we were dancing to keep us hydrated!

I highly recommend the NYIT de Seversky Mansion, for their professionalism, kindness and willingness to go above and beyond for you. I would suggest booking as early as possible in order to secure their services, since they are highly sought after.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/30/2015

I had a very specific idea for my wedding and no other venue was fitting that idea. My husband and I wanted a Halloween theme in a Mansion setting and the de Seversky was the PERFECT match. When I first walked in I knew instantly that it was the place for our wedding. Working with Jessica and Ana was an absolute pleasure. Everyone was very accommodating and helpful through out the entire process. The day of the wedding was magical and gorgeous. We didn't have to worry about one thing the entire day. It is also the most amazing location for pictures, you truly feel like it's your home for the day. All of our guests were raving about the food and the service. It's truly one of those dream venues that transports you to a different time.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2015

Amazing venue and incredible service!! I highly recommend the de Seversky Mansion for a wedding. If you're looking for a beautiful romantic place to get married with great food look no further!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Rosemary · Married on 09/15/2015

This venue is amazing! The staff was accommodating, professional, and friendly. The grounds and the mansion are truly magnificent. I cannot recommend NYIT de Seversky Mansion enough!! <3

Michael · Married on 09/06/2015

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL IN EVERY WAY!!!! My fiancé and I dreamed of a Gatsby-esque mansion style reception and ceremony with a focus on great food and drinks. The NYIT De Seversky mansion turned our vision and ideas into the wedding we dreamed about.

Our coordinator Ana Garcia was extremely helpful from the first day we stopped by the mansion. She has not only been very responsive, personable, accommodating, but she was a integral part in making our dream wedding come true. I cannot say enough good things about Ana and the entire staff at De Seversky and they are truly a cut above the rest. When Ana wasn’t available Jessica or another staff seamlessly stepped in to help if they were able to. The care, attention to detail, service, quality of food, coordination assistance, and personalization is worth every penny. Ana and the rest of the staff made us feel like family and they went above and beyond at every moment in the journey.

During our reception on September, 6th 2015 we felt like rock stars and received service that exceeded any of top restaurants or hotels that we have stayed in. Our Matire D’ Jonathon was also more than we could have ever asked or hoped for. He was enthusiastic when needed, calming when needed, and seemed to think of things we never thought of. Not only was the day flawlessly orchestrated, but he also ensured that our every question or request was fulfilled near immediately. I can confidently say that they created the most extravagant and enjoyable day of my life and people have said it’s the best wedding they’ve been to.

One last thing we valued was a LGBT friendly venue and staff, which De Seversky excelled at.

In summary you can spend months visiting and researching almost every venue on Long Island or in Manhattan, but you will never find a place that will top the service, value, quality, love, and attention to detail that you will receive from the staff at the NYIT De Seversky mansion. Look no further!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Mike & Frank,

What a night to remember! Thank you so much for the review; words can't begin to explain how much we enjoyed working with the two of you! Don't forget this is your home... we hope to see you back again soon!

Best,
    Ana and the de Seversky Family!

mary · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband & I got married at de Seversky on September 5, 2015 & we cannot express what an amazing experience we had at this venue. Our wedding was absolutely perfect & it would not have been this way without the extremely professional staff who accommodated our every need. We worked with Ana Garcia, who was basically our pseudo wedding planner and is incredible at what she does!!!
    From the moment my bridal party began getting ready in the bridal suite, we were waited on hand and foot. I had the most amazing Bridal attendant Joan, who was so incredibly thoughtful and took such wonderful care of my friends and family. I will always remember how genuinely kind and accommodating she was to me on my wedding day.
    My guests are still in awe at how gorgeous and relatively hidden away this venue is. The mansion and its grounds are exceptionally well kept and beautiful. We had out dream wedding here & our pictures are proof of that. Everything went off without a hitch & if it didn’t we had no idea thanks to Jonathan & Pam.
    We completely lucked out with the weather & were were lucky enough to have an outdoor ceremony. At night the staff brought out the fire pits for guests to sit around as they lingered outside during dancing.
    We chose to have a European style wedding (dinner in the ballroom and dancing in the garden room), so we were able to utilize the full mansion. The food is outstanding & our guests still rave about how AMAZING the cocktail hour was. We opted into the top shelf liquor package & people were shocked that we had Macallans & Patron being served (such a nice touch to the experience). The quality of the dinner was unbelievable!!
    I can’t recommend this place enough! The staff at this venue is incredible and the setting is truly elegant. We are just hoping one of our friends get married at de Seversky in the future so we can experience a wedding here again. I highly recommend de Seversky wholeheartedly & without any reservation.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Gina · Married on 08/21/2015

My husband & I chose NYIT DeSeversky Mansion for our wedding in August 2015. It was everything we could of wished for and more! The staff here is wonderful. We worked with Jessica and she helped us with everything from beginning to end. I love her! We were blown away at our food tasking with Chef Rob Neumann. We knew we were in great hands. His food is amazing!! Guests are still talking about it! Joan was my bridal attendant and she went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. Jonathon was the maître d - the entire day ran smoothly. We chose the European style reception and guests really enjoyed moving through the different rooms of the mansion. The outdoor fire pit area was a big hit! If you are looking for a stunning location with great food & professional service, then this is your place!

Sent on 10/28/2015

We got married at de Seversky on August 8, 2015. From our initial visit to the day after the wedding, I cannot say enough good things about this place. I am going to sound like the broken record here, but these guys are true professionals. Ana, our contact was incredible from start to finish. Jonathan, who replaced Damien as of recently, was excellent. All my family was raving about him.

I really have nothing bad to say about this place. They are flexible and will work with you on any of your requests and offer their thoughts if that is something you are looking for.

The food, oh the food. I am seriously still dreaming about our dinner. I missed the cocktail hour, but I heard two dozen compliments on all the food these guys put out.

We are so so happy that we went with de Seversky to celebrate our magical day. We had 115 guests with dinner in the ballroom. It was perfect. Our ceremony was held in the garden room and everyone followed to the library and the other room for cocktail hour. Guests really enjoyed visiting all the rooms.

I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a unique place with a lot of history to celebrate your wedding day.

Thank you so so so much de Seversky crew. It was a pleasure working with you all!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Mila & Matt,

Thank you for the absolutely amazing review... we enjoyed working with you so very much! Roberto shared your pictures with us and they are stunning! I'm so happy we were able to capture that Gatsby Style theme in a traditional setting you were looking for!

Congrats again!!!
    Best,
    Ana and the de Seversky family!
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 06/11/2015

The first thing I thought of when the night was over was, I want one of my friends to get married here, so I can be at another wedding here! Oh, how I wish I can go back and do the whole day over again because I loved this venue so much, and the pictures were amazing. All of our guests were astounded by the beauty of the mansion and the quality of the food. My husband and I, plus our bridal party, and even some of our vendors could not stop raving about our banquet manager, Johnathan. I didn't know this until after, but Johnathan had only started a few weeks before at de Seversky, but had done a ton of weddings before. He was definitely on top of everything.

I could also have not asked for a better sales associate. Ana was so professional, but also super down to earth. She was quick to respond to all of my emails and phone calls, really organized, and made planning there really easy. All the girls there were helpful and really friendly.

I found one of the most helpful things was putting together a list of everything you're bringing to the venue ahead of time, with a description of where it goes, and the times it should be used/displayed, if it's not going to be set up from the beginning. I did this (minus the times thing) and it coincided with the list that de Seversky had which made the drop off really easy.

de Seversky might be one of the island's most expensive venues (why I got married on a Thursday!!!) but it was most definitely the worthy splurge of our wedding day. The service and the beauty are unparalleled. You won't regret getting married here!

Sent on 07/16/2015

janel · Married on 05/16/2015

If you're looking for "not your typical wedding hall", this is absolutely the place. We got married at de Seversky on May 16 and it was honestly perfection. From the staff to the scenery to the FOOD!! Everything was unbelievable. And one of the greatest parts is its your home for the day. We couldn't recommend de Seversky more.

Sent on 07/06/2015

AMAZING! If you want to have a one-of-a-kind wedding, this is the place to book! This venue is like nothing else on Long Island, you literally feel like you own a mansion for the evening! They do one wedding at a time and the grounds are breathtaking! The food and service are unbelievable!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Everyone we worked with was amazing. The food was delicious and the staff made it VERY easy for any guest with dietary restrictions. The mansion and the grounds were beautiful.

Sent on 04/17/2015

kara · Married on 03/28/2015

As soon we pulled up and could see the mansion in the distance, I knew this was the venue for us. Even the drive up is gorgeous! The outside, grounds and surrounding area are well manicured and so classic. The inside of the mansion is breathtaking. We chose to do a European style reception which I was a little nervous about because it's different from the norm but our guests (and us) LOVED having the sit down dinner in the beautiful ballroom uninterrupted by dancing. And it really made the night so exciting moving from space to space as the reception progressed.
    The food at the mansion is outstanding! Our wedding was 6 months ago and we are still hearing from friends and family how amazing and plentiful the food was. The mansion hit cocktail hour out of the park. We opted for the higher priced liquor package and it was worth it. Our guests couldn't believe the bartenders were pouring Macallan etc. Dinner was incredible and the service was beyond anything us and our guests have ever experienced. It was true white glove service. Dessert was spectacular too and our guests went nuts over the waffle ice cream bar not to mention it smelled so amazing.
    In terms of the service team, I can't say enough about them. Jessica and Ana helped us plan the wedding and were both super helpful and always available. Not one question went unanswered and they always made sure we were fully satisfied. Virigina was our maitr d' and her team was perfection as well. They had a timeline of our evening and executed it perfectly. Joan was literally trailing my husband and I during cocktail hour with a plate of hors'de ovres so we were able to enjoy cocktail hour as well. During dinner and dessert, we had everything we needed and more. As did our guests.
    The night was perfect and I could not recommend this venue more. It was truly the best wedding in the perfect, elegant setting.

Sent on 10/26/2015