52 Reviews for Knot by the Sea Weddings - Officiant Alexandra Paez - New York & New Jersey

User Photos
todo alt text
Civil Union (2)
Non-religious (2)
Single Religion (1)
No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)

I had a really great experience working with Alex! We decided to elope and only had one month to get everything done. She made everything simple and handled most of the details. I would definitely recommend.

Photo for Knot by the Sea Weddings - Officiant Alexandra Paez - New York & New Jersey Review
Profile Picture Casey, 11/3/17, 1 Review
4.1

After an excellent experience with Alexandra at Knot By the Sea I felt it only right to share our experience. Firstly, me and my wife are from the UK and planned our New York wedding in three weeks. Alexandra was quick to respond to our emails and extremely helpful in answering our enquiries. We married in central park, with Alexandra offering suggestions for nice locations and providing a convenient meeting point. On the day, Alexandra was on time and greeted us warmly. The ceremony was lovely and delivered well. The photographer was accommodating to our specific requests, while also making creative use of the surroundings, such as sprinklers in the background which formed a rainbow in the sun creating a great background for our pictures. After the wedding, all follow up communication regarding our pictures was efficient and extremely helpful.

To anyone planning an elopement wedding in New York, I would highly recommend Alexandra at Knot by The Sea. We selected the more basic package as we were on a budget, so we didn't have the likes of flowers etc. but we still got an excellent service and a truly great wedding ceremony.

Thank you again Alexandra.

Profile Picture User7308772, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I just married a month ago in Central Park and it could not have been more perfect! Alexandra and Joan did such an amazing job with the ceremony and photography. Alexandra worked with us to get the perfect wording down for the ceremony and was very receptive with our ideas. The flowers were simply astonishing! She asked for examples of what we liked and they were exactly what I was hoping for, so beautiful! Joan was also above and beyond what we expected from a photographer. He not only took the most beautiful pictures, he also gave us a history lesson and acted as our "tour guide" through Central Park. He was so personable and made the experience easy and memorable. We chose the Deluxe Elopement Package, the value is exceptional! We loved the limo ride (even though we were too nervous to drink the champagne, it was a great extra) and horse drawn carriage. Joan was like a ninja running alongside the carriage to capture the perfect picture. I could go on and on about how great the experience was. I highly recommend this company, let them take away all your worries and spoil yourselves with the perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Lynn, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Single Religion, No Denomination
4.3

My husband and I used Knot by the Seas Most Popular package for our elopement April 2016. I believe I came across the company by searching on Wedding Wire. Leading up to the date I was slightly concerned about using services from people I never met. We arrived in NY on a Thursday picked up our marriage certificate on Friday and ended our weekend away with our wedding on Sunday. I can honestly say working with Alex and Joan made our weekend that much better. From the moment they arrived they took care of everything. My bouquet was everything I wanted. Since it was just the two of us Alex understood our desire to keep the ceremony short and sweet. Joan then took us on a tour of Central Park capturing the best pictures I could have imagined. He also regaled us with stories about the park and which movies/tv shows were filmed in different sections.

Only our immediate family knew that we got married so I wanted to create an announcement right away. By the end of the day of our ceremony Joan had provided me with 15 sneak peek images to use for the announcement. About 2 weeks later we had the full gallery of images to choose from and create our Video slideshow. I took my time to select the right images for the video and song. I received the slideshow today and I am in awe of how perfect it is. I will cherish this video for years to come as watching it brought me back to the exact emotions I was feeling during the ceremony. Many thanks to Alex and Joan for everything you did to make our day fantastic.

Profile Picture Candice, 4/10/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

We used Knot by the Sea for our secret elopement in New York City. We are so happy with the job they did for us from the last little detail. We had a very specific and quick elopement ceremony but they treated us as if we were their biggest client. The officiant and photographer were absolutely wonderful to work with and so nice. We wanted to avoid the hustle and bustle of a wedding and they made this elopement experience much better than I ever expected. I highly recommend using Knot by the Sea if you are planning on getting married. We received the pictures the other day and are overwhelmed with how amazing they turned out. I was not expecting such a wonderful experience as we only purchased the "Just Marry Us" package…. it was above and beyond our expectations. Thank you Alexandra, Joan, and John! You were all fabulous……:)

Profile Picture Jaime , 12/3/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

All the services provided by knot by the sea were great. The photographer was awesome and everyone was such a pleasure to work with. They made what is generally stressful planning easy as pie and everything was on time and flawless. I'd recommend using them to anyone! -Alexis

Profile Picture Alexis, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were recently married by Alexandra Paez. Everything was perfect for us on our day from the transportation to the ceremony to the photography. We researched dozens of other wedding service providers and are so happy we chose Knot by the Sea. The pictures came out beautifully. We couldn't be happier with the services we received!

Profile Picture Christine, 11/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation
1.8

My husband and I recently hired Knot by the Sea for our wedding. Our two compliments are that they could do it on short notice, and it was affordable. However, the officiant did not turn up and she didn't call to let me know of this - I only found out when I called her at the time that the ceremony was supposed to be starting. In her defense, I believe there was a family incident - however, the professional thing to do would have been to call to let us know. It created a lot of stress for us on our wedding day. She sent a replacement who we had never talked to, and he did a pretty bad job. He read a lot of the ceremony out incorrectly, to the point that I edited out some of the video before sending it to family.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/9/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Civil Union

We both so happy with the service Alexandra provided us with. As we were travelling from the uk Alexandra did everything for us and the whole day worked out perfectly. Also the price we payed Alexandra was far better valve for money than any package we could select in the uk for a New York wedding. The photos are amazing so we would like to thank Alexandra for everything and we would recommend her highly.

Thanks so much mr and mrs Mee

Profile Picture Ian, 8/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Planning

the photographer is very late so thats a downer.. however the officiant is very flexible and proffessional.

Profile Picture User5168201, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.0

Unfortunately we didn't get Alexandra Paez herself to be the officiant at our wedding which was a serious shock to us. A woman we weren't expecting at all presented herself on behalf of Alexandra. Unfortunately, though this woman was extremely sweet and professional, my husband couldn't understand her when we were saying our vows. In addition, our last name was not pronounced correctly and that really upset me. I give 3 stars only because the officiant that presented herself was extremely sweet and professional.

Profile Picture User5556158, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Civil Union

Knot by the Sea were simply fantastic. From the very first email, Alex was quick to respond to all questions and quiries and offered her well appreciated advice. Everything was well organised so me and my husband didn't have to worry about a thing. Joan the photographer was amazing and the photos that we have received are out standing.
Keep making dreams come true.

Profile Picture Amy, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

Knot by the Sea, Ronald and I want to say Thank You very much for an Absolutely Unforgettable Day, A day
we will Cherish for ever. In Central Park Ladies Pavilion on October 18th 2014. Joan you are awesome!!!

DeWanda & Ronald

Profile Picture Dewanda, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

Muy profecionales Joan es muy amable y aunque soy muy mala para las fotos , nos entragaron unas fotos que nuestros amigos nos han dicho que parecen de revista. Alexandra muy flexible y amable. Gracias nuevamente por todo.

Profile Picture Karen, 10/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

Just have to say it was an awesome experience. Don't doubt trying it!

Profile Picture User4500072, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

The service was great i loved all the things that they did for me in my wedding day and the pictures were awesome :)

Profile Picture eliana y noe, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

Alexandra Paez was great! beyond all the stress with the wedding planning she made this part a very easy, she was extremely flexible with what we wanted, and very Professional and sincere I would highly recommend her.. Thank you so much Alexandra!! My wife and I could not be anymore happier.

Profile Picture andy, 7/27/14, 1 Review
4.1

we found Knot by the Sea Weddings in doing an online search for wedding officiants. we interviewed 3 officiants and found alex by far to be the most friendly & accommodating officiant. we met at a local starbucks and she thoroughly explained our options for our wedding day. we had a surprise wedding (only me and my now husband knew) which was held in the backyard. everyone thought they were coming for a summer bbq. on the day of our wedding alex arrived 15 minutes before the time we wanted the wedding to start and blended in with our guest. no one was the wiser until i came downstairs in my wedding gown. my husband and i didn't exchange our own vows and left it in alex's hands to come up with the vows- which were beautiful. words cannot express how perfect the day was and alex was a huge part of it. thank you alex!

Profile Picture User4403684, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were both happy how our wedding was performed. Yes we would recommend

Profile Picture User4349918, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Very professional service that was affordable.

Profile Picture Tesha, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alex and Joan were amazing. Everything came together flawlessly, and they made our elopement hassle free and perfect. The pictures also turned out beautifully, and Joan was so patient and fun while we walked around Central Park and took them all. I would definitely recommend this team!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alexandra was wonderful to work with and made our wedding so easy to plan. She worked with us on custom vows, had the flowers ready as we requested, and the pictures were beautiful. Our wedding was exactly what we wanted for a small elopement - and completely stress free!

Profile Picture Jonna, 4/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

EL TRABAJO REALIZADO HA SIDO EXCELENTE. NUNCA HABIA VISTO UNAS FOTOS DE BODA TAN BONITAS Y TAN ORIGINALES COMO LAS DE NUESTRA BODA. AL PRINCIPIO EL FOTOGRAFO TE VA GUIANDO, PERO LLEGA UN MOMENTO EN EL QUE ESTAS TAN COMODA QUE TE OLVIDAS DE TODO Y TE DEJAS LLEVAR. TE SIENTES COMO UNA ESTRELLA DE CINE EN UNA SESION FOTOGRAFICA. TE HACEN SENTIR SUPER ESPECIAL.
ADEMAS, A NOSOTROS NOS AYUDARON MUCHO EN LA ELECCION DEL LUGAR DONDE REALIZAR NUESTRA BODA. CADA MAIL QUE ENVIABAMOS CON DUDAS ERA RESPONDIDO RAPIDAMENTE CON SOLUCIONES.
UN AUTENTICO GUSTO HABER CONTADO CON ELLOS. SON MUY AMABLES Y CARIÑOSOS.
SI QUEREIS UNA BODA ESPECIAL, NO DUDEIS EN CONTAR CON ELLOS. LO RECOMENDAMOS TOTALMENTE.

Profile Picture SANDRA, 4/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

Alexandria and Joan blessed us with an incredible New York wedding/ elopement experience! From day 1, their professionalism was impressive. Alexandria communicated with us frequently and always kept us informed of the process. Our Central Park winter ceremony was INCREDIBLE...Alexandria prepared our uniquely special vows and they were absolutely perfect...Joan took us to all the great areas of the park where we took some of the most breathtaking and intimate photos. They have delivered on everything that was promised. We would definitely recommend the services of Knot By The Sea Weddings... and actually, we already have!!!

Thanks again for our very special and incredible Central Park, New York, NY wedding experience!!!
Greg and Paul
Houston, TX

Profile Picture Gregory, 12/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
4.2

Alexandra and Joan were great! My script for the wedding was beautiful. It made me tear up, as soon as I read it. It was a wonderful ceremony. I HIGHLY recommend them as a package. Although I don't have all the photos, right now, I can say the professionalism was great. He took us to a few locations in Central Park and had some great spots for photos. I can't wait to see them all. My family was already impressed with the few he sent. I was grateful that they could guide us to our dream wedding. We wanted something small and intimate and it was delivered. Many thanks to them.

Profile Picture User3597414, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews