NYC Flower Project Reviews

70 | Brooklyn, NY

70 Reviews for NYC Flower Project

Joan · event on: 01/12/2013

I had the pleasure to work with Nicole and I could not be more pleased. She came to my house with samples of arrangements that she thought would be suitable for my husband's 50th birthday celebration. She brought fresh flowers, and I get to keep the sample!! The arrangements were so beautiful, I got tons of compliments. I dried one of the arrangements and still has has it today in my living room.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Dear Nicole & Gus,
    We were planning on writing a long letter to you complimenting you on your work with reference to our event held on 07-07-2012. But we decided to keep it simple...........YOU WERE SPECTACULAR IN EVERY SENSE! THANK YOU!
    THE ESTRELLA FAMILY

Sent on 02/18/2014

Lindsay · Married on 08/18/2018

I had a great experience with NYC Flower Project. I only used them for my bouquets and corsages, but they really delivered! Gus & Nicole were easy to work with and made beautiful bouquets for me and my bridesmaids. If you're looking for a great Brooklyn/NYC vendor, go with Gus!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Gus and Nicole were very helpful and created a beautiful bouquet, centerpieces and chuppah for my wedding. So glad I chose to work with them.

Sent on 09/06/2016

I had a small wedding in Brooklyn, and I was so happy I found Gus to make the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets as well as the boutonnière. I didn't really know what I wanted and Gus was very patient in describing to me the options over the phone and sending me some photos. I told him my small budget and he worked to it without any hesitation or trying to sell me a package or upsell etc. After receiving quotes from other wedding florists and talking to other recently married people, I knew that I was getting a very good deal!

The resulting bouquets were actually BETTER than I expected and I was more than happy with them. I know they were worth way more than I paid for them elsewhere!

While he was professional, all in all it was a very casual and stress-free experience, the easiest in all my wedding planning! You can tell he loves what he does and it shows.

I would without a doubt recommend NYC Flower Project!

Sent on 12/01/2014
  • User4201106 · 2+ years ago

No words to explain how happy and in love I am with this duo. Gus has the mind of a genius! Nicole is sweet and organized. The two of them are the most sincere bunch of florists I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I used the NYC Flower Project for both my bridal shower and wedding and to say I was happy is an understatement. Gus walked me through the flower district together with Nicole and remained in touch with me all the time. They worked with my budget and had people in AWE at both the bridal shower and wedding. Gus also worked with me to make my dreams of a birch wood chuppah and succulent wedding favors come true. PLEASE WORK WITH THESE TWO! It doesn't get better !! I would suggest remaining in touch with Nicole about the details and letting Gus do his magic. He will take your wedding as far as your imagination can go!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2014

Nicole and Gus did the flowers for our wedding at the Dyker Beach Golf Course on June 8, 2014. I really love this dynamic duo. They are very attentive and detail oriented. They were always willing to meet me whenever wherever to go over new ideas I had, concerns, or for me to make convenient payments. There was a slight mix up with the bridesmaid bouquets, but hey, weddings are crazy and ultimately they put together a spectacular event space. I especially loved my chuppah. They were also really flexible about my budget; pulling from here and there and allocating florals and small touches to really give me the most bang for my buck. I'm very happy with the overall outcome and the dedication they have to their service.

Sent on 07/20/2014

The nyc flower project did an amazing job on our wedding flowers and bouquets. Everyone wanted to take the centerpieces home! Thanks to Gus and the team for going above and beyond to make our day beautiful!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Anthe · Married on 10/14/2017

This vendor is truly amazing! Because of the size of our venue, I wanted to make sure I found a group that new how to execute my vision without going over the top. I felt comfortable with the Gus from the first interview, and new they were the right ones as soon as I saw the sample--the main feature of the reception were these beautiful elevated runners standing on birch branches. We also had candles sprinkled throughout the venue and tables, which gave space a softer and more romantic feeling. The day of was a true execution of my vision, which a testament to the fact that NYC Flower Project listens to you. In addition to the actual day of beauty, two points on customer service: (i) after I hired the vendor, Gus actually came to the Queens Museum and did a walk through to get a feel for the space since he hadn't worked their before, which helped with my confidence that he and his crew would get the job done effectively and (ii) the week of the wedding I did a walk through of the flower markets with Gus (I didn't even know that was a thing and I've since learned that many companies do not do this...), which really gave me an appreciation of the amount of work involved and Gus' understanding of his craft. It was also a fun way to get into the fun celebratory wedding mode, with the big day coming up so soon! I really can't recommend this vendor enough--creative genius!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Emma · Married on 11/05/2016

Is it normal to have florist withdrawal? I'm beyond happy that my husband and I decided to work with NYC Flower Project (Gus and Nicole).

In comparison to our experiences with 2 other florists, we found that:

- Gus and Nicole really took the time to understand our likes and dislikes (joint Pinterest board)
    - They kept asking questions to figure out our style
    - Gus's aesthetic fit our style (CRUCIAL if you don't want to micromanage every design decision)
    - Gus advised us to look for inspiration everywhere when we were stumped on what we wanted for our ceremony backdrop. Other florists will push their ideas on you - usually something they've already done for another wedding.
    - They go the extra mile when they can. We saw succulents at their shop and casually mentioned that we gave up on the idea of a succulent wall for a backdrop. They let us know that they might have succulents from another project - not a whole wall but a few. On our wedding day (months after this discussion), we saw that they incorporated succulents into our backdrop. What a sweet surprise!
    - Gus takes into consideration how well the flowers will photograph. We wanted the centerpieces to be primarily deep red. He pointed out that too dark of a centerpiece wouldn't photograph well so we adjusted the ratio of dark to light flowers.

We're sad we couldn't take all the centerpieces back to the hotel with us. There wasn't enough time to admire them in person either. Why'd you have to make them so pretty, NYC Flower Project?!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Gus was a pleasure to work with and transformed my extremely vague, dated idea into something modern and beautiful! Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Mayra · event on: 12/20/2014

3.5

The NYC Project Crew exceeded my expectations with their creativity. Our flower arrangements were fabulous!!They really pulled it off with such a short notice and made it work within our budget!!! I totally recommend them.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Cheny · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

Gus and Nicole did a truly amazing job for our wedding this past Saturday. They were able to get us cherry blossoms for my centerpieces on the first day of summer. Everyone couldn't stop telling me how beautiful my centerpieces were. I love branches and didn't think it would be in season.

I wanted a specific look for my bridesmaids bouquets. However, the flower market didn't have what I wanted available for the price. Gus knew exactly what I wanted. He created what I wanted from what was available. It came out perfect. At that time, I had no choice but to trust him. It was a good choice. Gus worked really hard looking for what I wanted for the bridesmaids bouquet and my bouquet.

I would recommend NYC Flower Project. The pricing was very good and reasonable for all the work and effort they put into my wedding. I definitely did not want to DIY.

They did forget to put flowers on my cake though. They explained that the type of flowers that I wanted were not available or in season. However, no one informed me at all until I saw the cake when I sat down for the reception. I wish they had told me in advance because flowers make a huge difference on the cake. I had no idea that there were not going to be any flowers on the cake. and the wedding cake is kind of a big deal.

I still think they are GREAT though.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Kathleen · Married on 03/08/2014

Gus and Nicole were terrific and made planning flowers for our wedding fun and easy. We received numerous compliments on our bouquets and center pieces. Plus they were willing to work within our budget which was refreshing and appreciated!

Sent on 03/21/2014

My bridal bouquet was beautiful, but my bridal party was disappointed with their bouquets. Additionally, I wasn't quite happy with the outcome of the centerpieces for the reception tables. Overall, the services were good, the designer always made himself available for questions, offered recommendations and was professional.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

I worked with Gus for my October wedding, he was amazing and had some great ideas for bouquets and centerpieces cause I wanted something different. I was very relaxed in planning my wedding and I think Gus and I spoke only a few times. The day of my wedding I was blown away, the centerpieces were beautiful. The vases were so unique, my guests were coming up to me at the wedding to say how much they loved the flowers, I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2013

Gus and Nicole did a fantastic job of bring my vision for a library themed wedding to life tastefully. They managed to make the reception hall look elegant and sophisticated as well as ethereal. My bouquet and my maid of honors bouquet were amazing. The small touches they throughout the venue at the cocktail hour and reception were fantastic and detailed.

As a preferred vendor to my wedding venue, they were able to create samples for me at the venue which was extremely helpful and prior to signing the contract which was great. Not all vendors were willing to create samples for me prior to signing a contract which I found unhelpful as I wanted to make sure that my vision was getting across and our styles matched.

Another plus, they took my fiance and I to the flower market prior to our sample and a month before our wedding to take a look at the types of flowers we liked that were in season and were envisioning for the wedding.

As someone who creates and plans events for a living, I highly recommend NYC Flower Project and plan to use them for my own events and personal flower needs in the future.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Janel · Married on 03/24/2017

3.0

I had a really hard time finding a florist for my wedding. We were having a small wedding and I was doing the centerpieces myself so not many florist wanted to work with us. We were looking to spend less than $1000 on flowers and we were having trouble finding a florist that would work within that budget. Thank God I found NYC Flower Project. They were the best. They treated me with such professionalism and care. I went out and met with them and they did a Pinterest board with me and let me pick out what I liked. They showed me pictures and gave me advice. They walked me through the whole process. They didn't try to upsell me or get me to spend more than I needed. Their prices were fair and reasonable. We had our flowers delivered and they delivery was scheduled for 2:30. The flowers came at 2:30 on the dot. They were absolutely beautiful too. Everything was perfect. I would highly recommend NYC Flower Project for the value and the professionalism.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/20/2017

4.2

Gus and Nicole were great. They created beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces. We met with them twice. Once for an initial consultation and a second time for a preview of the centerpieces. We had books that we wanted as a part of the centerpieces, and they set them up for us and created a centerpiece featuring them.

Sent on 05/27/2017
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 06/28/2014

3.5

Nicole and Nick were very approachable and took time in understanding our look for the wedding. I shared with them a picture for my centerpieces and they basically replicated the look! My guests were blown away with their table arrangements and I could not agree more. They were beautiful.
    Where I was disappointed, was in the bouquets and bouteniers. I was told not to stress and that Nicole and The would be there upon my arrival should I need something extra. They also told me they would be there to refresha arrangements...they were not. My bouquet as well as my girls bouquets, while pretty, were not what I asked for, especially mine and my maid of honor. The corsages for the aunts were a bright yellow and tea roses...they really did not look like much. I had to call the as I wanted to speak to him about it and he needed to come back to our venue only to make me a corsage usuing my mother's ribbon. He also defended his bouquets a bit however quite frankly, my bouqet was falling apart after the first hour.

Sent on 07/19/2015