NYC Flower Project Reviews

70 | Brooklyn, NY

70 Reviews for NYC Flower Project

Josephine · Married on 07/11/2015

I wanted philanopsis orchids and I would not settle or change my mind. I shopped around for a florist for 2 years! NYC Flower Project did everything I wanted and their price was reasonable considering the type of flower I wanted which was very rare and expensive. I am so glad I did not budge on my vision because the ballroom was breathtaking and just took my venue to another level! Nicole and Gus were a pleasure to work with and I will work with them again. They directed me and gave me advice and had innovative ideas on how to create these centerpieces that were just over the top. Thanks again for the memorable experience!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Linda · Married on 02/08/2015

Working with Nicole and gus made my life much easier they give you the best advise to have your wedding of your dreams
    thanks you nyc flower project

Linda and eli Zikry

Sent on 02/13/2015

Linda · event on: 02/06/2015

Thank you gus and Nicole for fixing 12 flower arrangement with in less then 48 hours they were beautiful

Sent on 02/13/2015

Really enjoyed working with Gus and Nicole at NYC Flower Project.

We had an unorthodox vision for our ceremony and reception decor, and Gus got it right away, from our first phone conversation. We later got to visit the flower market with him, and meet Nicole at their studio, and the concept was fleshed out to become more than I had imagined.

I gave Gus some budget flexibility, and he came back at the low end of it... a plus for any bride.

NYC Flower Project was recommended to us by the venue, and we found it really helpful that they were familiar with the space and its constraints, but also helped us get the most out of the venue by suggesting things they had seen them do for other couples in the past. This really worked to our advantage.

Sent on 04/27/2015
  • I

Irmak · Married on 01/03/2015

I had the best experience ever with Nicole and Gus of NYC Flower Project! They made my vision come to reality! My wedding was exactly what I had hoped and more! I couldn't be happier!!!!!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Gus and Nicole were amazing.... creatively, professionally and personally. I would work with them on any event i plan! They know their florals and have creative vision.
    With over 15 years working in events, i highly, highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Ashley R. · Married on 11/01/2014

For our LOVE SUMMIT we wanted someone who understood our vision of our matrimonial event. With the NYC Flower Project you don't just get florist you get VISIONARIES who are artist and passionate in their field. I didn't know what to expect when i was looking for a florist. But just by giving the theme of our wedding Gus and Nicole were able to turn that into more than we could have imagined. When you're planning a wedding every little detail counts and they took on their job with the same critical eye as we woould have. They single handedly created the atmosphere i was striving for. Im so thankful for all the effort and love they put into their work. The dedication and passion they have is priceless. They were not only professional but they were considerate and inspiring. If you want someone who knows how to make your dreams come true the only right choice is The NYC Flower Project

Sent on 11/14/2014

Lily · Married on 09/27/2014

Working with Gus and Nicole from NYC Flower Project was seamless. We found them through a referral from our wedding venue. We met them on numerous occasions and they were helpful every time. First was a general consultation-they met us on the spot at their workshop to brainstorm ideas, share pictures and discuss the themes/colors of our wedding and the look we wanted. The second time they took us to the flower district to see flowers available during our wedding season, and we decided what we liked/disliked to come up with a plan together. The third time we met at our venue, and they showed us some gorgeous samples of what our centerpieces and bouquets would look like-they let us keep them so I was able to show my bridesmaids. They were always careful to ask if we would approve of different colors if they had ideas, and everything they suggested was beautiful and better than we originally would have imagined. We also arranged to meet them again at a showcase at our venue for one final meeting where they showed us more samples of our centerpieces and even shared their box of pizza. Thanks, Nicole and Gus!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Gus & Nicole were super professional. They met with me before the event in the Flower District. We discussed colors, décor, the look of flowers, and very specifically what I wanted. I really didn't know what I wanted but they had great ideas. When the flower budget unexpectedly shrank they worked within the budget and never complained or made me feel bad about it. In all the wedding craziness I forgot to give in my deposit. They never freaked out about it or were nasty like other wedding vendors can be. The centerpieces and gazebo flowers were exquisite. Beautiful and colorful. Everyone commented on how beautiful they were. Some people are into DIY flowers. Could I have done it myself? Yes. Would it have been as nice? Not likely but I could've done a decent job. The benefit of having them do your flowers is not worrying about how it will look, not having to source the best, cheapest flowers, and not having the hassle of set up and clean up on your special day when you have a million other things to do. They are worth every penny!!!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Suzanne · Married on 09/07/2014

Gus was our flower guy for our wedding. He was recommended by the venue as he is the house flower provider/arranger.

We did not know where to begin with flowers nor what was in season so Gus took us on trip to the flower district to show us and get an idea of what we, or really, what I liked.

He had great recommendations on how to maximize the usage of flowers from the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.

They have a great eye for flower arranging and we pretty much left it up to him and his wife to make it pretty! And on our big day, they did a great job. We and our guests were very impressed with the flowers. Beautiful work! Strongly and highly recommended!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Alba · Married on 07/25/2014

Working with Nicole and Gus at NewYorkCityFlower Project was an absolute pleasure! I was looking for a florist and had interviewed with a few before meeting up with them, The minute that I met with them I knew that they were the one. They were able to work with my vision and budget successfully. They executed my vision beyond my expectations... Some of the elements used to pull my theme together were birdcages and tree bark, the theme was garden whimsical.

Timing, execution, choice of flowers, ideas and most of all their work ethic was spot on. At the last minute 2-3 days before the wedding I decided to change my favors to succulents and they were even able to pull that together for me for a reasonable extra cost. I was able to enjoy my wedding and truly appreciate the flowers and centerpieces because I had full confidence in Nicole and Gus and their work. I would recommend them any day. Just let them know the specifics of what you'd like and let them do the rest!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Vickiana · Married on 07/05/2014

Our wedding day, 5 July 2014 at Top of the Garden - The service, arrangements, decorations, and beyond that. Everything you can imagine, and more.

A great first meet up, our conversations, and services were amazing! We had a wedding planner, Raquel Peralta, who was able to work very close to Gus & Nicole. The creativity they all provided was an amazing one! It really made our day! We had a budget like every other couple when getting married, and they were able to accommodate us. An Alice in Wonderland vision in the summer time!

Thank you so much for making our day spectacular!

Best wishes,
    V&C

Sent on 07/20/2014

James · Married on 06/14/2014

Gus and his team at NYC Flower Project were phenomenal on our wedding day. Gus took my wife and I through the flower district in manhattan and he instantly recognised what my wife and i were looking for. He helped us pick arrangements that he thought would look perfect with the style of wedding we were trying to achieve. Once the wedding day came Gus and his team outdid themselves. The arrangement at our rooftop wedding venue was incredible. We got so many compliments on the flowers and the style they were arranged in. Our church location was very close to the reception and NYC flower project removed the flowers from the church and had them in place ready for the reception to start. Our venue was beautiful and the with the flowers it was transformed into everything we'd hoped it would be. The next morning we went back to the rooftop and it immediately didn't feel right without the flowers there.
    Overall my wife and I were elated with NYC Flower Project and would whole heartedly recommend them to anyone.
    James & Ashleigh

Sent on 07/03/2014

NYC Flower Project was such a great team to work with! They were very attentive and really tried to understand what we wanted. They will spend the extra time to create a sample and really work within your budget. They had geat suggestions and we trusted them completely. On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about a thing with our bouqets and arrangements!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 11/15/2013

NYC Flower Project is run by the two most creative people we have ever met. They are absolutely amazing and passionate about their craft. They are professional and made sure our day was perfect. From the bouquets to the boutonnieres, to the ceremony design and center pieces EVERYTHING was superb and our guests cannot stop talking about the way everything looked. We HIGHLY recommend Gus and Nicole. They are down to earth, fun and wonderful people in addition to being excellent artists and florists. Use them!

Sent on 11/19/2013

I just got married 3 weeks ago at Dyker Beach Golf Course and I can't stop raving about the awesome job that Gus and Nicole did with my wedding flowers! All of the floral arrangements blew my mind, from the bridal party bouquets to the reception centerpieces. I had a general idea of my floral needs when I met with Gus and Nicole but I was never able to find a picture that captured that idea. And so, over the course of the year, I kept searching for the perfect picture and I bombarded Gus and Nicole with e-photos, emails etc. But they were so patient and understanding throughout the entire process! They worked tirelessly to get a good sense of what I wanted, and on the wedding day the floral arrangements totally exceeded my expectations!! They were so lush and rich in color, and full of texture! I loved them!! Beyond being experts at what they do, Gus and Nicole are without a doubt the most amazing people that you could ever work with! My fiancé and I bonded with them instantly when we met. If you're in the market for a wedding florist, or a florist for any other event, I highly recommend you reach out to Gus and Nicole. I assure you that you will be equally impressed!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Jesus · Married on 08/04/2013

There are no words in the English dictionary to describe Nicole and Gus and how they helped turn our dream wedding into a reality. In the beginning, Nicole and Gus were my flower vendors, however, after all they've done for my fiance and I, they are now friends. Nicole and Gus are the two most professional, caring, kind, considerate, and helpful friends anyone can have. They answered all of my emails and insane amount of questions without fail. They answer promptly via phone/email/text. Most importantly, they will work with your budget. They make sure you are satisfied with your flowers and NEVER PUSH you to choose something you don't like. The flowers were a HUGE HIT in our wedding. Our guests took home every single petal. Our ceremony/venue/pictures would not have been as amazing as they were without Gus' and Nicole's creations. Their attention to detail is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I've already recommended Nicole and Gus to our friends who are getting married in the near future. You would be crazy and regretful to choose any other vendor besides Gus and Nicole for your big day. I'm making sure I keep in contact with them for my future occasions.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Sofia · Married on 06/29/2013

The flowers and decor that Gus provided us with for our wedding exceeded our expectations!! He is truly an artist and I would recommend him to any bride!!

Sent on 07/08/2013

I literally cannot speak highly enough about NYC Flower Project. Nicole and Gus are INCREDIBLE! From the moment I met them, I knew that I had to work with them as the florists for my wedding. First and foremost, Gus and Nicole are two of the nicest people I have ever met. They are extremely warm, and make you feel comfortable immediately-- I felt like they were old friends. Gus and Nicole were EXTREMELY patient with me during the months leading up to my wedding. Although they already went through a thorough run through of everything, I changed my mind about certain flowers several times. They met with me several times to ensure that I was happy-- really going out of their way to do so. They even put together a beautiful centerpiece sample and delivered it to me, just to make sure it was exactly what I wanted! The day of the wedding, Nicole and Gus did not disappoint. Their preparation was evident- they paid attention to every detail, and it showed. They did an INCREDIBLE job with the flowers. They really listened to my vision, and delivered not only what I wanted- but everything was even more beautiful than I even could have imagined. I give Gus and Nicole the highest recommendation possible! Thanks for everything!!!

Sent on 06/03/2013
  • User3301996 · 2+ years ago

Nicole and gus were amazing. They provided me with us with such beautiful flowers and they really worked within my budget. My fiancee and i really enjoyed working with them and will surely use them again in the future. We recommend them for anyone hosting an event! 5 stars for NYC FLOWER PROJECT

Sent on 06/04/2013

We were thrilled when we discovered our centerpieces at the Dyker Beach Golf Course. The flowers were magnificent!!! The colors were exquisite and I could not have been happier. I put my trust in Gus and he made my day full of life and good energy! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! I will refer you guys to everyone!

Ava · Married on 05/03/2013

Gus & Nicole are total sweethearts! They are very professional and really took the time to help me with my flower choices, making suggestions along the way. I had my venue chosen already, and since Gus & Nicole are familiar with the space, they pretty much knew how to set up. I am really not into flowers, but I had a color scheme in mind. When we met in the flower district, I showed them all of my ideas and they knew exactly what to look for! I knew that choosing flowers would be my Achilles heel throughout my planning, and NYC Flower Project truly eased my mind and made me feel comfortable and extremely happy with the end result! Without hesitation, I would definitely recommend to other brides.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Carol · event on: 03/16/2013

Made 12 candy table arrangements for my daughter Bat Mitzvah.
    We just love what they did for us.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Thank you for everything! Lisa was thrilled, as was my mom and Lisa's Mom. Thanks a million. I will be sending you photos once I receive them. AND Thank you for putting us on your site. :)

Athina · event on: 02/23/2013

It was January and I needed centerpieces for my daughters sweet 16 in February. Gus was hands on the whole time. He met me at the catering hall and showed me a sample. We loved it and loved it even more the day of the affair. Highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/05/2013