NY Engagements, LLC Reviews

43 | Beacon, NY

43 Reviews for NY Engagements, LLC

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Nella & Rob · Married on 09/17/2016

If you're trying to decide whether to use NY Engagements - DO it! We used Sarah's services to help with month-of coordination for our wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made and worth every penny. Sarah was beyond professional and brought her organizational skills and experience to the table and still remained down to earth and personable. She thought of things that would have never crossed our minds, was responsive and attentive to what we wanted and how we saw our day going. Beyond all that - we had such peace of mind knowing she was there to make sure everything went smoothly (and it really did). We were definitely in good hands and would recommend her services to anyone even remotely thinking of it! Thanks to Sarah and her staff our day went even better than we imagined!!

Sent on 11/20/2016

My whole family commented on how hiring Sarah as our day-of-coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! My fiancée and I were planning our West Point wedding from out of town and as things got closer we decided that having a wedding coordinator would make things a lot easier for us. We wanted to enjoy our wedding day with our family without having to worry about logistics, timing, and set up in an unfamiliar setting. Sarah handled everything so calmly with the greatest attention to detail, making sure everything ran smoothly and was executed as we discussed. There were only a couple minor things that Sarah had to fix with vendors on our wedding day (that I know of) and she found quick solutions with her own initiative. Our wedding day was wonderful and we had a ton of fun thanks to all of her hard work! I would highly recommend hiring her for any wedding planning needs you have!

Sent on 07/21/2016

We entrusted Sarah of NY Engagements with our wedding because we knew from the moment we spoke with her that she was the best person to coordinate our wedding. And what a wedding it was! We were planning a jam-packed fusion wedding at Oheka Castle that entailed two ceremonies (Hindu and Episcopal), two outfit changes, two photo sessions, two cocktail hours, 230 guests, and 20+ vendors. Sarah, with her intense focus and off-the-charts attention to detail, confidently jumped in and planned what was hands-down the best day of our lives. Not only is Sarah very good at her job—having both tremendous experience in the wedding industry and a work ethic like no other—she has a thoughtfulness and kindness about her that makes us feel lucky to have worked with her.

As our coordinator, Sarah worked tirelessly to create the most wonderful wedding we could have ever imagined. Sarah carefully guided us through the planning process, going over Excel spreadsheets, compiling to-do lists, quickly responding to emails, and staying on top of every detail. She had every aspect of our event thought through (really—everything!) and every plan set into motion.

Sarah and her team executed what both our venue and several other vendors described as the most logistically complicated wedding they had ever seen. Because of Sarah, I was able to spend my wedding day completely in the present. I felt so confident in the strength of her talents that every time I saw Sarah behind the scenes, I immediately felt at ease.

Sarah has high standards of excellence in every aspect of her business and it showed in every way on our wedding day. She proved to me what I already quickly gleaned from our first conversation: she can do it all. Whether planning the intricacies of two weddings in one day or thinking through creative ideas for our special day, Sarah made it all happen.

Working with Sarah was the best decision we made during our wedding planning process and I recommend you do the same.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Elena · Married on 04/26/2014

Sarah and her team were amazing and really helped to make the last month or wedding planning as stress-free as possible! They definitely know what they are doing : ) We hired Sarah as our day-of coordinator, and as part of that she also helped us figure out many of the final details leading up to the big day. She had a great system that walked us through our wedding day and really helped us think about every detail so there were no surprises day-of! We felt incredibly well cared-for day of, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Sarah was so sweet and professional, and we would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2013

We used Sarah Lusardi/NY Engagements as our wedding coordinator for our wedding in November 2013. She was fabulous! We chose to hire a wedding coordinator for two reasons -- 1) to lessen our wedding workload before the wedding, and 2) so we would not have to worry about the details on our wedding day.

Sarah helped us keep on top of all the minutiae by staying extremely organized and tracking every last detail. She was full of helpful advice about all sorts of things (which she offered when asked, never imposing her opinions on us otherwise) based on her considerable experience running weddings, and her familiarity with the Beacon area. She worked seamlessly with all of our vendors and was always professional and friendly.

The biggest praise we can offer Sarah is that we had a ton of fun on our wedding day. We did not have to worry about a thing because we knew all the details were handled. Likewise, our close family and best friends were not saddled with logistical responsibilities other than the ceremonial ones we gave them -- Sarah, her assistants and the vendors she helped coordinate were on top of everything. Sarah made sure we were where we needed to be when we had to be somewhere, she made sure we ate, and she worked behind the scenes with our venue, the DJ and our photographer to keep everything running on schedule. We truly felt like guests at our own wedding reception-- we danced, ate, and soaked up the love in the room.

Sent on 12/25/2013

Novisi · Married on 10/13/2013

Sarah and her team are amazing and they are the reason my wedding was able to go ahead without a hitch. I worked with Sarah as a full wedding planner and she was also my florist.

She is really hard working, understands the needs of the bride, and personalizes her services accordingly. She also makes sure to insert realism as necessary in an assertive but kind way. This was important as I planned my wedding in just under 3 months. She got our invitations out quickly and without error, prepared favors and signage, worked closely with vendors and made the actual day run smoothly. She was key to making sure my bridal party moved and organized effectively on the day of the wedding. Her style and demeanor is perfect as she is reassuring and calm, but definitely knows all the details and is focused.

She really listens and I understand some wedding planners are pushy, which she is not. She kept me sane and helped organize all the to-dos, budgets, communications etc. She was amazing and really essential for my wedding! I would highly recommend her to other brides I know!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Lorena · Married on 09/21/2013

Sarah provided all the flowers and day of coordination for my wedding, and she was just wonderful to work with - she took my vision for the flowers at my wedding and made it come to life. The flowers were just gorgeous, I could not have asked for more! Sarah is also extremely organized, responsive, and proactive, which was important to me. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful and thoughtfully designed wedding flowers, and a truly wonderful person to work with!
    Sarah and her day of coordination team made my wedding day perfect. I was an organized bride to start with, but Sarah took the time to really listen to how I wanted the day to go, down to every little detail, so that on the say of the wedding I honestly did not have to worry about one single thing - and wvery detail went exactly as I had envisioned! With Sarah and her team orchestrating the day, I knew that I could just relax and enjoy the moment, which was so important to me. Sarah's professionalism, kindness, patience, and calming presence are unmatched - don't plan a wedding without her!!

Sent on 10/18/2013

ashley · Married on 08/24/2013

It would be a mistake to pass up the opportunity to work with NY Engagements as your planning service. In my years of working in Live Events in NYC I have yet to come across a group of professionals that are so incredibly organized, calm, collected, and dependable as NY Engagements. My wedding was all over the place with big ideas and the team whipped me into shape only after a few phone calls. In the end I had my dream wedding, which ran flawlessly despite being incredibly complicated. I would recommend them to anyone and put my reputation on the line. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for me. Do yourself the favor just give them a call, in one minute you will be sold.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Alix and Phil · Married on 06/01/2013

We can't say enough great things about Sarah! She was our day of coordinator and florist, and she was definitely the key to us relaxing and enjoying our wedding. Sarah is extremely organized and on top of things, which allowed us to hand over the reins to her during those last few weeks. She was great at working with all our vendors and had the perfect balance of organization and flexibility to accommodate the different ways our vendors operated and make sure our wedding was absolutely amazing.

And our flowers were absolutely gorgeous! It was really great to have Sarah as both the florist and day of coordinator because during the venue setup she was able to manage both sides flawlessly. She did a wonderful job of taking our vague descriptions of the type of flowers we wanted (we sent her a Pinterest board of ideas) and turning that into a beautiful array of centerpieces, bouquets, and other arrangements. Sarah really made sure our wedding was both beautiful and seamless!

Sent on 07/23/2013

a · Married on 11/11/2012

You do NOT want to host a wedding ceremony and reception without Sarah Lusardi assisting you. She is the best. She has the 'full picture' of how the events should look and feel in her head and knows how to fully deliver your vision. She guides you gently to make key decisions at the appropriate time, and her execution on the "day of" is marvelous. She is responsive to questions, flexible with changes, detail-oriented, very reliable, and very professional. Having Sarah at my side during he planning and on the day of was the best decision I made to ensure my daughter's wedding was beautiful, meaningful, and fun too.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Melora · Married on 09/29/2012

Sarah did an absolutely phenomenal job on our wedding. The flowers were breathtaking and above and beyond what we could have hoped for. She also acted as our wedding coordinator and we can't say enough about what a help she was. She was on top of all the details and was a calming presence, helping keep everyone sane. Truly, we could not have asked for a better experience than what we got from Sarah- both professionally, in the quality of her work and beauty of her design sense, and personally.

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • Sophia

Sophia · Married on 09/08/2012

This is a quick "part 1" review but had to get on-line and give Sarah 5 stars. My husband and I would tell every couple with over 25 guest, to use an event planner. Sarah... amazingly helpful, proactive this list goes on. We would strongly recommend her for any event!!!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Katie · Married on 07/14/2012

Words cannot express how thankful I am to have had Sarah for our wedding day. She was the wedding coordinator for my friends wedding last September and I knew we had to have her for our special day! Her team was AMAZING! The flowers were fantastic and were exactly what we wanted to fit our vintage theme. They looked perfect with the linens and different items we had on the tables. Everyone raved about them. Our day was a true fairy tale wedding. Thank you NY Engagements for making our day so memorable!!!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Kristen · Married on 09/03/2011

We hired Sarah as the florist and day-of coordinator for our wedding. My mom and I were designing and hand-making almost every little detail, so we really wanted the flowers to match our vision. As we planned the wedding we made a few changes to the color palette and budget and Sarah worked with us through them. She is very detail-oriented and reliable, which meant I did not have to sweat the small stuff on my big day. In the end, all of the flowers - from the altar, to the favor table - were beautiful. The table centerpieces were especially gorgeous, we got many compliments on those. After our wedding my maid of honor decided to hire Sarah for her wedding as well. We all need a Sarah on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/05/2011

siobhan · Married on 05/14/2011

Sarah and her team at NY Engagements were beyond wonderful to work with. They were the best investment we made for our wedding day. My husband and I worked with NY Engagements for day-of planning which I highly recommend to any bride! Sarah is extremely professional, organized and knows her stuff! She has a calming presence which helps in high times of stress. I cannot emphasize enough what a relief it was to know we were working with such a professional team. I knew I didn't have to worry about issues that would come up on the day of. They took care to make sure things ran smoothly. They were a delight to work with and I am extremely grateful to them for making our day perfect!! :)

Sent on 07/05/2011
  • LenaG

Lena · Married on 04/30/2011

Sarah and her team did a wonderful job on my wedding day! I was relax and enjoying my day without worrying about where is everyone or paying all the vendors. Sarah and her team gave out all the money enevoples to the vendors so I didn't have to worry about that, all I had to do is enjoyed my day with friends and family! Sarah and her team works wonderful with any catering hall.
    Thank you soo much Sarah and her team!! Lena and Jeff Ramirez

Sent on 05/12/2011

Kristina · Married on 10/16/2010

Sarah was our DOC for our wedding in October and we couldn't have been happier with everything she helped out with (and there was a LOT). She started 3 weeks before the wedding, and as an attorney working on an out of state trial, I couldn't have needed her more right then! She coordinated with vendors seamlessly, kept me in the loop on everything critical and gently reminded me of a million things I never would have even thought of-- all of which made the Big Day truly amazing and stress-free. Having Sarah on site the day of our wedding meant that not only bride and groom, but also family and our bridal party, could focus on enjoying the festivities without distraction or headache. I'm sure there were many things Sarah handled gracefully that I'm not even aware of- the sign of a true professional. Family, friends and our vendors raved about her (she's so down to earth and friendly, she's just like one of the group!). I recommend Sarah and NY Engagements to anyone with an upcoming wedding to ensure that your day is just how you hoped it would be and memorable for all of the right reasons!

Sent on 12/22/2010

Vanessa · Married on 08/07/2010

Sarah Lusardi was one of the best things that could have happened to me on my wedding day. I could not have done my wedding without her or her services! Not only were my vendors impressed with her, but my entire family commented on what a kind, professional and awesome day-of coordinator I had. She planned with me up until the event, letting me email her at all hours and she was nothing but patient and responsive. We covered all the aspects of the wedding, and the day of was so smooth I actually had a blast at my own wedding. I was not stressed out at all because I trusted her and knew she would handle everything and all the bumps that could possibly happen. She is worth SO MUCH MORE THAN SHE CHARGES. I cannot say enough about how pleased I was. I hired her TEN DAYS before my wedding because I was freaking out about doing everything on my own. She was so calm as soon as I called her, and she took care of everything. I truly would have been a disaster without her. ALSO, she listened to exactly what I wanted and was not bossy or intrusive, but got the job done in a professional and kind manner that made everyone happy. I LOVE THIS WOMAN! She is the wedding fairy...if you are getting married, give yourself this gift!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Gina · Married on 07/23/2010

We used NY Engagements/Engaging florals for my daughters wedding in July 2010. Sarah Lusardi provided the invitations and flowers. When I first met Sarah I was very frustrated trying to decide on a florist. I sat down with Sarah and within 5 minutes I knew I had found the right person! She is very creative and was able to present a plan to me right then and there that I loved and was within my budget. The flowers were absolutely beautiful at the wedding and I received many compliments from my guests. She also helped me with the invitations and wording. She was very knowledgable about ettiquette and was able to advise me through out the entire process. I will definitely use Sarah again when my other daughter gets married. She was without a doubt the best vendor I used!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Mary Ann · Married on 06/05/2010

STRONG RECOMMENDATION FROM RECENT "MOTHER OF THE BRIDE" (MOB)

We first met and spoke with Sarah Lusardi of NY Engagements about 10 months prior to the June 5, 2010 wedding. After my daughter's research and follow up with Sarah's references, we decided to contract with Sarah for the flowers and for her help 3 weeks prior to the wedding.

This was one of the best and wisest decisions we made for the wedding!! As the "Mother of the Bride" ( MOB), I strongly suggest and recommend contracting NY ENGAGEMENTS owned and lead by Sarah for your wedding or other special event! IT WILL BE YOUR BEST INVESTMENT AND YOU WILL GET 100%+ RETURN FOR YOUR MONEY!

I work full-time and so does my daughter (& she was getting her MA degree this past yr also)/ We knew that we'd need help with all the details towards the final weeks before and especially "the big day".

Sarah is a true professional! She was always responsive, a great listener and follows through. Her calm, low key style along with her excellent attention to detail and fantastic organization skills help make the hectic months and especially the days before the wedding more manageable and enjoyable.

Here are two great examples to validate hiring Sarah:

1-On the afternoon right at rehearsal,( eve before the Sat wedding) we noted that caterer/vendor set up tents in the wrong place at our wedding site. My daughter and her fiance were upset and tried to reach this caterer to get this changed in time for the wedding the next day. We had the rehesarsal dinner and cocktail reception immediately after the rehearsal. We had no time to deal with the caterer/vendor to rectify this error.

Sarah was with us coordinating the rehearsal (& She did a great job!) immediately took action and told us she'd take care of this. And she did. By the time we returned late that evening after the rehearsal dinner, Sarah had spoken with the caterer/vendor and everything was corrected and tents were where we had wanted!
    If we did not have Sarah, MOB, Father of the Bride, my daughter and fiance would not have been able to enjoy the rehearsal dinner and cocktail reception.

2 - Sarah was fantastic the day of the wedding. She was there when we needed her and she took the initiative to anticipate your needs. Into the later part of the reception, I had no idea that the liquor was running low. I found out the next day that Sarah resolved the problem without any disruption. I learned that she had contacted a local vendor for the additional liquor we needed and everything went on without missing a beat and no one noticed a thing. Everyone was happy and having fun enjoying themselves.

Thanks to Sarah and her team, our daughter's wedding was a real celebration for all especially for MOB (& Father of the Bride, Bride and Groom) because we were able to step back a bit and truly enjoy this special time!

Sent on 06/25/2010

Sully · Married on 06/05/2010

Sarah did an AMAZING job on our flowers. They were absolutely beautiful and we could not have been happier. We also used Sarah's day-of-planning services and she was terrific! So organized and responsive. Thank you so much, Sarah!

Sent on 09/13/2010

Lauren · Married on 11/28/2009

Working with Sarah was the best choice that we made in our wedding planning process. She is absolutely on top of every single detail and made sure that things went absolutely perfectly. We could not have had the perfect wedding that we did without her.
    Sarah was recommended to us by a friend who used her services, and I have to admit that before I met her I thought we didn't need a wedding coordinator. When she showed up for our initial meeting exactly on time and completely prepared, I thought it would be a good idea to hire her, but still wasn't completely convinced it was necessary. But I have to admit, as soon as we started working together I realized that the value she brought far outweighed the cost and I can say definitively now that our wedding day is done, it was because of Sarah that our wedding day was smooth, seamless, well-coordinatoed and fun for everyone involved.

Sent on 11/30/2009

Deborah · Married on 09/12/2009

We hired NY Engagements and Engaging Floral Designs for Day-Of Wedding Coordination and Floral Design and they were by far our favorite wedding vendors. We were not sure what kind of floral arrangements we wanted for the ceremony and reception, so Sarah sat down with us to help us come up with a general design. At the meeting, she looked at photos of my wedding dress, the bridesmaids dresses and some magazine clippings of centerpieces and bouquets we liked and she discussed possible designs that would work to create the look we wanted in our wedding venue (Sarah was also very familiar with our wedding venue, which was very helpful). Once we decided on the general design, we arranged for Sarah to make a sample centerpiece so that we could see it in person (it was gorgeous!). We discussed the general look and colors for the ceremony and bridal party flowers with Sarah, but left the details completely up to her. On our wedding day, we were completely blown away! The ceremony room was absolutely beautiful! The chuppah was covered in greenery and flowers, there were candles on the mantles, petals down the aisle, aisle markers on the chairs and floral wreaths on the doors (there were probably more details that I missed). My bouquet was gorgeous and worked perfectly with my dress (I liked it so much I arranged for Sarah to have it preserved for me after the wedding) and the bridal party flowers were prettier than I ever imagined. The centerpieces were also beautiful and worked perfectly in the reception room.

Sarah and her team also did an amazing job with the Day-Of Wedding Coordination. I honestly don't know what I would have done without them. They checked in with all of our vendors a few weeks before the wedding to coordinate logistics, and again a couple days before the wedding to confirm any final details, etc....and thank God she did! It turned out that our transportation company (that was providing shuttle bus and limo service for our bridal party and the majority of our guests) sold their business a few days or so before our wedding without saying anything to us or to Sarah and the new company didn't have our contract or enough shuttles/limos to satisfy our contract. If Sarah and her team hadn't followed up with our vendors a couple days before the wedding, we never would have known this and we wouldn't have had transportation to our wedding!! Sarah and her team handled the entire situation, they worked with the new transportation company and contacted other transportation companies that they worked with in the area to take care of the transportation issue. She also had someone stay at the hotel to make sure that guests knew where to go to get on the shuttles and to make sure that the transportation was taken care of. At the wedding, Sarah and her team took care of all the little details so that we could just sit back and enjoy the day (and we did!). I honestly do not know all of the things that Sarah and her team did behind the scenes, but I know it was a lot because I didn't have to think about a thing on my wedding day and everything ran smoothly...all of the little things that were supposed to happen throughout the day happened, the tips were handed out and the gifts and all the wedding items had already been loaded into the limo when I got in at the end of the night.

I would highly recommend NY Engagements and Engaging Floral Designs.

Sent on 10/06/2009

Katherine · Married on 09/06/2009

I hired Sarah Lusardi to for "as-needed" consultation leading up to the wedding and day-of assistance for the wedding itself. She was super responsive, extremely helpful, and very thorough for both services. Having access to her during my planning gave me peace of mind and helped me avoid making any unfixable mistakes. Her day-of services were invaluble. She helped me take care of the things I missed weeks rather than days before the event, and having her there on the day-of to take care of any problems and communicate with my vendors when I couldn't or didn't want to made the wedding a hundred times more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been. I would recommend Sarah in a second.

Sent on 09/24/2009

Suzanna · Married on 08/09/2009

I hired Sarah to be our event coordinator for the day of the wedding, which is to say, she came on board 3 weeks prior to the day of. I also hired her to do all the decor and floral arrangements. To be honest, at the beginning I was a little worried b/c I couldn't see the flowers she was talking about, and had no idea what the flowers would look like the day of (I don't know flowers). I had an idea, but b/c I didn't know what each flower was like, and even when I google imaged them, I still had no idea what they would look like all together. But she told me to trust her, and I did, b/c she was professional, and experienced, and spoke like she knew her stuff, and I'd never planned a wedding before! Not only the guests were blown away at the wedding by her decor and floral arrangements, but my husband and I were too as we walked in. She worked well with our budget. She was professional, firm, but not cold at all, rather warm and sweet in dealing with our eclectic, often loud, and completely multi-cultural family, and our various vendors. When my family members began arriving from out of town, she had had all the important phone numbers needed, and she took care of EVERYTHING from that point onward, staying in communication with all my vendors so I could just take care of entertaining my friends and family as they arrived. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that without her. It should also be said that my husband, Sarah, and I put all this together within three months, and it turned out AMAZING. My dream wedding! I would recommend Sarah to ANYONE getting married!

Sent on 09/15/2009