7 Reviews for NY Curly Bride

7 NY Curly Bride Reviews

Joseph did my hair (as well as mom and bridesmaids' hair) for my recent wedding and Katherine did my make up. They were both a pleasure to work with - responsive, friendly and super talented. I received countless compliments on both my hair and makeup and both lasted throughout a long and humid day. I would highly recommend them both.

Profile Picture User4213340, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joseph is the best! My daughter's wedding was last Saturday night and Joseph did a fantastic job. He sculpted my daughter's curly hair into a low bun using her own curls. Everyone commented on how magnificent her hair was and she absolutely loved it. She wanted to look like herself but elegant and he got the exact look she wanted. He also did my hair and her 2 bridesmaids. We were all extremely happy. Joseph was professional and made us all feel very relaxed the entire afternoon. He went above and beyond to make sure that we were all happy!

Profile Picture Helen, 11/26/11, 1 Review
4.3

If anyone is getting married in New york I Highly recommended NYCurlybride . I am from Canada, so I had to solely rely on the reviews and was very impressed with the overall management of the job, I felt like Joseph really listened to what I wanted and made me look my very best. He styled my curls using the Deva products and made my hair frizz free and amazingly it lasted all night, I had six bridesmaids one who has very fine curly hair and the others who wanted a wedding hair styles that was all down . The team made my wedding experience great and the pictures prove it. I was very pleased with the end result .

Profile Picture User2065912, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mark has been doing my hair for the past several years.  When I got married in Boston (my hometown), there was no question that I would fly Mark for the wedding day. There simply is NO BETTER hairdresser!!!! Mark has always had an ease and grace about his hairstyling work. His same level of prestige, he has no attitude other than a pleasant one. He is easy to communicate with and always delivers exactly what I want. I ended up wearing my hair in an updo for the ceremony and down with an orchid pinned in it for the reception. Mark finessed the transition with ease.\r\nHe also did my mother\'s hair and all my bridesmaids\' hairdos. They all wish he lived in Boston so that he could continue to style their hair!\r\nI have long wavy hair and Mark has styled it in every possible way - From sexy dramatic looks to sleek looks appropriate for work events.  He is unparalleled and the consummate professional.  I highly recommend him and his team at NY Curly Bride wholeheartedly! \r\n

Profile Picture Doris, 7/31/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had been keeping such a long hair (it almost covered my whole back) for my wedding. Ever since I was a little girl, I thought the longer hair you have the more you can play with for wedding hairstyles.
I could have gotten a hair extensions, but I wanted to be natural as much as I could.
Also, my wedding dress and veil was vintage yet very classy, therefore finding the hairstyle that can go with my wedding gown was the key.

Living in NYC means that you can taking a great advantage - There are so many excellent and talented hairstylists. Sooner I figured that my hair stylist for a couple of years doesn't manage the updo or half updo well, so I had to put myself for online research for a long long time.
Looking up those images online, tons of pictures... After spent so many hours in front of my laptop, I finally found Joseph. Ironically, I was referred to him by a friend of mine. At least the online research helped me to figure what I want my ideal bridal hair idea.

I went to a trial about 3 months before my wedding.
Consultation was shocking because he was actually tries to cut my hair lil bit shorter - However, he told me what will look best on me and showed me a trick how to have a gorgeous hairstyle without having a long hair. I was tired of having such a thick, long hair for hot summer days so I followed my instinct.
I set up an appointment with him a couple weeks later, and he gave me the most beautiful and manageable cut.

For my wedding day, I bought beautiful Swarovski hair accessories. I showed him my hair clip and the picture of hairstyle that I want to get, he created such a beautiful and creative updo. He also showed me a half updo, but I liked to show off my vintage wedding dress fully, so I chose classy updo he did on me first.
I was VERY happy because I got tons of compliments of my hair - especially from those who got married already - He is the wedding hair artisan.

Profile Picture Nikki, 7/31/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

All I have to say is - WOW.

I am going to make my review simple and clean.

1. Due to the traffic, we were late. So for my stylist, Joe, the time was really limited. The worst part is, I couldn't make a trial either, so we only had discussed about hair over emails/calls. I wasn't sure how it'd be, but he made such a gorgeous hair that matches my dress perfectly.

2. I also had 4 bridemaids AND my mom. My mom was NOT gonna get her hair done, but after she saw how my hair was done beautifully, she was begging Joe to do her hair - Joe did it for no extra charge. He is such a sweetheart.

3. I was a little bit nervous, but he and his assistant put me at ease. They are such nice ones to work with. I wish I could provide them lunch, we had a lot of food from caters.

Overall, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend him for other bride-to-bes. You won't be regret.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/22/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I just received my photo albums back and I need to say they were an great addition to my wedding day.

Mark and Joseph worked very hard and were extremely professional. They performed nothing short of a miracle that day styling 11 girls all while maintaining their reputable work. The team wsa getting ready with my girls and family had so much fun and relaxed. What mattered the most was they took the time to make sure each of us felt happy, being confident and have completely gorgeous hair.
Mark was super attentive up to the ceremony and during photo sessions, and it gave me peace to have him there.
Looking back, my hair was exactly how I wanted it. They did a remarkable job, and I would hire them again and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a stylist for their big day.

Profile Picture Norah, 4/3/07, 1 Review