NST Pictures Reviews

83 | New York, NY

83 Reviews for NST Pictures

• User6105626 · 1+ year ago

2.0

I'm happy we went with NST. Their pricing model is great, especially for a couple who initially wasn't going to get a videographer. They were super easy to work with and I'm happy with our trailer video that we've received so far (waiting on the longer video at the moment). I do wish we could have spoken with our actual videographer earlier than the week of our wedding. He was very nice and professional, but it is a little unsettling not knowing who is actually showing up on your wedding day until a couple days before. In addition, I feel like the videos on their website are a little bit of false advertising. I was expecting an artistic trailer film that played with lighting and angles - a lot of their clips were obviously shot with drones. That's not what we got at all. What we got was basic and fair for the pricing, but be aware that you may not get the quality that you think you're getting.

Sent on 12/07/2017

NST Pictures's reply:

Hey there—We’re glad to hear that you are happy you chose us and what you ordered was fair for the pricing. We do try to offer a “get only what you pay for” service so couples can fit video into their budget and aren’t stuck with extras they don’t want. Additionally, we do the hard work of hiring the very best cinematographers and assign the perfect match to the wedding after booking to save our couples money and time.

We only have one video on our current website with drone coverage and we make it a point to show a variety of videos from different packages so we’re unsure why you feel like they are different from what you received. Every wedding film is unique because every wedding is unique. There are many factors that can change the look of a film, including coverage hours purchased, number of videographers, purchasing extra items like drone coverage or time-lapse footage, day-of timeline, season, location—both venue style and indoors vs. outdoors, wedding decor and whether the wedding had morning-of letters, personalized vows and amazing speeches. We would love the opportunity to connect with you directly to see how we can make this a happy ending for everyone but your username and wedding date are private. Please email us at info[at]nstpictures.com so we can work this out.

3.6
      2.5

I worked with Kerry for my videography services and she has been awesome. The wedding is scheduled for July 2016 and she has been reaching out to me with continuous follow ups to make sure I am on schedule with everything. I am super stoked for my wedding :)

Sent on 05/09/2016

NST Pictures's reply:

We're glad to hear that you love working with Kerry! She's such an asset to our team. Was there a reason your star ranking was lower even though you wrote such positive comments? We would love to address any concerns you might have to make sure you have the best experience possible! Please reach out to us via www.nstpictures.com so we can connect directly!

Kristen · Married on 08/10/2014

3.6
      2.0

We hired NST for our August 10th wedding. Working with Jennifer wasn't the easiest experience as she took longer than expected to respond and we received a lot of other email traffic from other NST staff. Didn't come across as a cohesive team that were communicating well with each other. We were somewhat worried cause we really had very little contact with the videographer until a few days before and didn't know what the final product would be like.

Donnell was our videographer and while the day of was quite hectic he arrived on time and made it a point to take us aside and introduce himself. He was very professional throughout the wedding and we appreciated that he was on top of capturing the major moments. We have not received the video just yet so it is difficult to comment on the final product but overall it seemed like a worthwhile service at a more reasonable price than many cinematography vendors we had researched.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Hi Kristen,

We appreciate your feedback and we will definitely work on our communication internally. We do separate wedding day coordination and payment services between two team members so we apologize if we did not explain this thoroughly from the get go.

We’re glad you had a great experience with our cinematographer. All of our cinematographers are trained to give that same personable and professional experience every time. Had you let us know about your concern leading up to your wedding, we would have gladly reiterated our policy and training process as well as answered any other questions you may have had. We’re always willing to spend extra time to make our brides feel comfortable with the service we’re providing. :)

We assure you that your positive wedding day experience will translate into a beautiful wedding film. We will be sending over your trailer within six weeks of your wedding date so please be on the lookout for our email!

Stephanie · Married on 10/03/2015

3.2
      2.0

I waited till we received our final video to write my review. The final products are very good and worth it. They were one of the few videographers that didn't force us to buy the full, and what I find useless and awkward, 45 minute video. The highlight and commercial style 10 minute short was a great compromise between myself and my husband, who didn't want a video at all. Again the final product was a good price and worth getting. Apparently the video made family members and random acquaintances cry. That being said the videographer on the day of, Carmelo, was not on point. I sent him a full contact list and addresses via email twice before the wedding. In the limo from our house to the photo location he texted and called me multiple times for addresses. Granted, he got into a car accident on the way to our house, which I totally understand and was happy he made it at all. But he went missing for an hour between the photo location and venue without letting anyone know. We had terrible weather the day before, downed trees across a major road etc. and crappy weather the day of, so the venue and all other vendors agreed to delay the ceremony to wait for more guests to arrive. But this guy tried to squeeze more money out of us by saying his 8 hours was us up and he was leaving before we cut the cake or did our first dance. I told him to call his office and let them know he missed an hour in the middle of our paid set or he can leave, I'm not paying him an extra penny. so he 'gifted' us another hour on our wedding day to cover these moments. How kind. He also only shot the left half of our wedding party at the chuppah and not one shot of the right side! Including my sister and best friend! Luckily their in other shots, but still. The office members and other staff were very good during the wedding planning and the final video is beautiful. The actual guy doing the filming on the day-of not so much. Luckily other vendors went above and beyond and made our day smooth.

Sent on 09/03/2016

NST Pictures's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Stephanie. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received on your wedding day.

We apologize for the inconvenience of the calls about the meeting location. In the year since your wedding, we have updated our system to ensure that our cinematographers have addresses and timing in digital format so this won’t happen in the future.

Unfortunately, no one could control the cinematographer's car accident or the weather but we were glad to hear that he made it to the prep location and started shooting immediately. All packages include consecutive hours of coverage. Should a wedding be delayed due to any circumstance, coverage will still end the scheduled amount of hours after the start time. We do offer on-the-spot purchase of additional hours but since we frequently see delayed timelines, prior to the wedding day, our consultants encourage couples to add extra “padding” hours so all key moments are captured and explain the policy should delays occur.

Your package included one cinematographer. During the ceremony and photo session, your cinematographer could only be in one place at one time, capturing one angle. For the ceremony, he set up an additional stationary camera to give you a bonus angle. He shot from the side so as not to disturb the proceedings, which is why the vantage point is limited. During photo session, he spent time following the bridal party as well as capturing additional behind-the-scenes details to make your film, like exterior shots, escort cards and reception centerpieces. It’s our policy to blend into the background and not disturb the couple or photographer as much as possible so this is why he did not notify you that he was shooting other details.

If you have any additional questions or comments, we are glad to discuss further. We are glad to hear that you were happy with the final products you received and we hope that you continue to cherish them throughout your marriage!

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2017

3.0

We were BEYOND disappointed with NST Pictures. We never got to meet our cinematographer Nick, before the wedding. Then that day, h never came over to introduce himself to us. We didn’t even know he had arrived until we searched him out. Next, we have ZERO footage of anyone walking down the aisle. NONE. Why on earth would someone hired to shoot video of a wedding think that it was unnecessary to get even the BRIDE walking down the aisle? It seems like a no-brainer. On top of that, the beginning of our first dance is missing. OUR FIRST DANCE! How do you not shoot the entire dance? That’s cut, as well as the beginning of our best man’s speech, and we have zero footage of the speech that my husband and I gave at the wedding, which was directly after our cake-cutting so I know he was there as we have footage of that. It is amazing to us that Nick didn’t think he needed to film some of these moments. Those are literally the most important parts. Also, we had ordered a rough cut of the ceremony, dances & speeches, so that alone should have told him that those were important to shoot in their entirety. Additionally, most of the shots we have from the video are from one spot, as if he set up his camera and left, and got whatever he could from that angle. I thought he was experienced enough to walk around with the camera at least for the moments he could see were important. I don’t know what Nick’s story is, but it feels as if he had literally never done this before and NST hired him to do an “easy” job. Their customer service department (which feels 100% separate from their film crew) is good. We mostly dealt with Jennifer, and she was responsive and apologetic. Still, she can only do so much, as she was not there on the day of our wedding. NST should only send in people that have more experience to shoot weddings, as this is a super important day, and not having those moments captured, that we PAID to have captured, is something we can never get back.

Sent on 03/03/2018

NST Pictures's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Samantha. All of our cinematographers are trained to our standard before they are placed on any wedding, regardless of the package purchased. You purchased a package with one cinematographer and six hours, which limited the amount of time we were filming on your wedding day. As you know, we let our clients choose when filming will begin so they get footage of the events they feel are most important to capture. Nick was not scheduled to arrive until after your photo session, which is why he wasn’t present. Hiring one cinematographer also allows only one angle, as one person can only be in one place at one time. The limitations of having only one cinematographer lead us to only offering packages with two cinematographers starting in 2018 to better meet the expectations of our clients. Upon reviewing your footage, we do have footage of everything you mentioned was missing in your review. The angle may not be your preferred angle, but a wedding is a live action event so the cinematographer must adapt to every situation on the fly. A few examples include choosing an angle with the gorgeous Manhattan skyline as the ceremony backdrop and your husband’s excited reaction as he sees you walking down the aisle. The dance floor can get very crowded during the Hora, which hindered the cinematographer from getting around to the other side, without missing any moments as heads of guests may have gotten in the line of sight of the camera. As you can see, no wedding is an easy job, especially when it’s your job alone to capture all of the different things going on simultaneously. We apologize that Nick did not say goodnight, as this is a requirement for all of our cinematographers and is unacceptable. We’re very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience with us and we are glad that we were able to connect with you directly to do everything in our power to make this right for you.

Mai · Married on 12/22/2017

1.0

This was the only vendor I was unhappy with at our wedding. In all fairness, we did agree to sign on with them the day before the wedding. The videographer was great, and very sweet. It was really the after service that was terrible. Their sales team is very aggressive and great at pitching packages but fail to mention it takes at least 6 months to get the final cut of the video. I did have to literally request a refund for them to provide a rough cut of the video (rough cut is not edited). They also did not ask for any requests so when the final cut arrived, it was all of the scenes I never wanted to see at the wedding. In fact, it was probably the worst reflection of one of the happiest day of my life. I asked for a refund again, because I was so embarrassed that I could not share the cut with anyone. But then the sales team offered to take all of my edits (I edited each second of the video on my own with selected music), and it came out exactly the way I wanted. So 2 stars for the final product and 0 for the entire process. I would definitely recommend finding another videographer.

Sent on 05/29/2018

NST Pictures's reply:

Hello Mai, We’re sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our service. We apologize if our consultant came off as aggressive, as that is never our intention; however, your wedding was the next day. We had details to coordinate and a team on standby so we needed a final answer either way as soon as possible. It is not true that it takes at least 6 months to get the final cut of the video nor is it true that we failed to mention the turnaround time, as it is stated on the contract you signed and on multiple places on our website, including Frequently Asked Questions and product detail pages. Each item is delivered at a different time, with the first item arriving between 2-8 weeks depending on what was ordered and all products in your package delivered no later 6 months from your wedding day. Upon your dissatisfaction of the product delivery timeline, we offered to expedite your Rough Cut for a small fee and also expedited your Trailer Film at no charge. The Trailer Film is an artistic interpretation, that is not in chronological order and has a musical score and vows or speeches sprinkled throughout. Our Rough Cut edit is simply a chronological arrangement of footage, without added music and no additional editing. We sent you samples of both video styles before you booked us to determine if that was what you wanted as a final product and if we were a good fit for you and your wedding. It wasn’t until after we delivered your final products that you explained that what you wanted was a combination of both edits in one video. We did everything possible to accommodate your requests, which were outside of our standard procedures, including creating a mashup of your Trailer and a Rough Cut, waiving our privacy policy and hand delivering your USB to your office by our headquarters director, because it’s important to us that all of our clients walk away happy. We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience with your videographer and were happy with your final Trailer.

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

1.8
      1.0

I was extremely hesitant to book a national company like NST Pictures for my wedding videography, as all of my other vendors were local. Their pricing was the best around and they seemed to have quality videos. It seemed too good to be true, and I should have followed my instincts. NST is the only wedding vendor I now regret booking for my Camarillo, California wedding last September.

At every step of the way, NST lacked customer service. Most significantly, our videographer arrived late on our wedding day. We paid for an extra hour of video coverage beginning at 3:00 p.m. prior to our wedding line-up at 4:00 p.m. Our videographer drove up to us at 3:35. He missed our first look, all of our bridal party photos, and all moments before the ceremony because he was scrambling to set up equipment. These moments would have been covered if he had arrived on time. We had provided phone numbers for 5 people to call if he had any issue on the day of the wedding. He made no calls to say he was lost or running late, despite our emails and a phone meeting going over our timeline.

When I asked that NST refund us for the lost hour of coverage due to his late arrival, they insisted that my videographer checked in with them and that he was "actually early" and was "misdirected by the venue staff" even though we all witnessed him drive up to the ranch. I was offered a free 10 minute feature film upgrade after telling them I'd write a review.

Much of our raw footage is out of focus and jerky and nearly all of our evening reception is grainy. I am incredibly thankful to the NST editor who worked on our film, as they had very little to work with and are the only reason we have a decent wedding video. If I could give an individual editor's review, they'd get a 5.

I waited to post this review until having all of my materials and complete raw footage in hand. I was married September 9, 2017 and just received the raw footage of my wedding day today, February 5, 2018.

Sent on 02/06/2018

NST Pictures's reply:

Hi Lauren — Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, companies big and small, local and national, sometimes make mistakes and we're no exception. We sincerely apologize that your experience was not up to the standard we hold ourselves to. We understand how disappointing this was for you. To make sure this doesn’t happen in the future, we have changed all of our packages to include two cinematographers, not only so we can tackle uncontrollable circumstances, but also so the office team has a better understanding of the day of happenings. We don't want this to be a lasting memory of your wedding day, so we hope the Feature Film that we gave you helps to make up for your experience and allows you to relive your beautiful wedding day. If there is anything else we can do, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Lois · Married on 07/03/2015

0.6
      1.0

If I could put 0 stars I would. Stay away from money hungry business such as NST. They don't care about clients. We requested an additional shoot, put a deposit down early and they told us if we cancelled before 24 hours then it was refundable. They never gave the money back and charged us additional for our wedding DVD's which were very dissapointing. Terrible quality and was in a recyclable paper slip with no hard cover. We lost $244 for the DVD'S and $200 for what they said a refundable deposit if we gave them 24 hours notice. Also in our wedding documentary you can hear the camera moving around. Quality is terrible.

Sent on 07/11/2016

NST Pictures's reply:

Hi Lois - Thank you for your feedback. After your last discussion with your consultant a few hours before this review was posted, we were under the impression that you were happy with the final products and understood and respected our policies. We are very sorry to hear that you are upset and would like to address your comments.

All shoots require a non-refundable 30% deposit, as stated on your contract and with your consultant. We made an exception to accommodate your schedule for the 4-hour shoot and shot on an observed holiday when the office was closed as well as agreed to take final payment at the shoot, which is against our standard policy. We made multiple attempts to contact you via phone and email over the holiday weekend and day of to confirm your attendance and could not get in touch. When we finally connected hours before the shoot, you cancelled and forfeited your deposit.

As stated on our package page and contract, DVDs are not included in the package you purchased and can be added on to any package for a fee. Upon your request, we sent you a photograph of the DVD packaging and when you confirmed that you wanted to go ahead with the purchase, you were charged our standard rate. Regardless, we refunded the cost of your DVDs after our last phone conversation.

Our documentary edit by definition is raw footage that has been organized in consecutive order and cleaned up to remove duplicate shots, as listed in numerous places on our website, in our emails and discussed during consultations. Thus, the quality resembles that of raw footage. It is not a polished, cinematic-style piece like our Trailer Films and Feature Films. It is merely a way to watch your ceremony, first dances and toasts as they happened with no additional editing or music.

We are 100% dedicated to making our clients happy. If you have any other questions or comments, please contact us directly so we can resolve any additional issues.