Noto's Old World Italian Dining and Banquet Facility Reviews

Noto's Old World Italian Dining and Banquet Facility 5
Noto's Old World Italian Dining and Banquet Facility 6
Noto's Old World Italian Dining and Banquet Facility 7

Mary · Married on 09/15/2012

I absolutely LOVED having my wedding reception at noto's! The staff and service was phenomenal!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2012

Noto's Old World Italian Dining and Banquet Facility was one of the most accommadating and professional vendors that I worked with in planning our wedding across the country. I felt extremely comfortable and confident in Joann and her ability to host events. We enjoyed the food, the cute wedding cake, the beautiful venue and dance floor. My thanks again to Noto's for helping to make our day so special!

- Jennifer H., Long Beach, CA

Sent on 11/12/2012

Noto's did an amazing job with our wedding. My husband and I could not be more pleased with everything they did. The food was amazing and we are still getting compliments on how great it tasted months after the event. I forgot the cake topper in all the wedding madness and someone went out to their garden and cut flowers to place on our cake as a topper. I can honestly say that this made me even more sure that I chose the right place. So glad we went with Noto's

Sent on 10/20/2012

Murray.Lindhout@gmail.com · Married on 07/28/2012

Awesome event.... very well done.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Noto's Old World Italian Dining and Banquet Facility's reply:

Thanks a bunch! Look forward to seeing the newly weds!

Noto's couldn't have been a better choice for our wedding. Everything was fantastic - dinner, bar, cake, staff, etc. Joann was so easy to work with and was very flexible and accommodating with the whole planning process. We'd recommend Noto's to anyone looking to have a fabulous wedding in Grand Rapids.

Sent on 10/15/2012
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/30/2012

Having our wedding at Noto's was the best choice that I could have ever made. We were treated as if we were part of thier family. From the greeters to the owners I rate them all at a 5 star plus more. I would recommend Noto's to anyone for any occasion. I am very pleased with the overall experience. Thanks Noto's!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Katie · Married on 04/21/2012

Having our wedding reception at Noto's was one of the best decisions we made. Joann, Tony and the whole crew were great. They provided great advice and were always available when I had questions. They had a variety of options for rooms based on guest size, delicious food choices and a beautiful wine cellar for pictures.They took a lot of time to work through our details and even helped us pull off an ice cream sundae bar! I would recommend Noto's to anyone - for a banquet, catering or just a nice evening out. Truly a classy establishment!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Megan · Married on 08/20/2011

Darin who is the executive chef for Noto's, is one of the nicest people. The food was beyond amazing, and everyone at our wedding said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The wait staff were so nice and accommodating also. Even they seemed to have a good time at the wedding. Food is such an important part of your big day. People always remember the food and the entertainment. If you want everyone to love the food, make sure you use Darin and Noto's!!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Katie · Married on 09/18/2010

Noto's is the perfect place to have your wedding reception. They were professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process, and then produced incredible results on the wedding day. The food is amazing and the ambiance was perfect for a romantic, beautiful reception.

Sent on 10/16/2010
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 08/28/2010

Our wedding reception at Noto’s was top-notch. We received excellent customer service from Joann and everyone on the Noto’s team. They treated us very well during the whole planning process. I planned the reception out of state, and had to often email or call Joann with questions- she was very responsive and helpful.

The venue is very nice- we had our reception in the upstairs banquet room, which holds about 200 people. We had around 160-170 at our reception and it was the perfect size. There was plenty of room to move around, and it wasn’t crowded at all. It helps that the bar, appetizers, gift and place card tables are situated just outside of the room in a large landing area at the top of a beautiful winding, marble staircase.

The food was fantastic! It was very hard to choose at the tasting- be prepared to love everything! The cake was very delicious too. We ended up having a pizza station at the end of the reception too, which was a huge hit!

We were able to set up for the reception (flowers, place cards, etc) the day before- which was awesome. My husband and I stopped by while it was being decorated by his aunts, and the Noto’s team was there to answer any questions we had during the set up. They were also flexible, as I had a few last minute changes.

As far as the wedding day- it’s all a blur. But I do remember being treated very well and being asked several times during the night (by the owners) if everything was okay. There was another (larger) reception going on in the downstairs banquet room, but you would have never known it! You could tell they were going out of their way to make sure that everyone was happy. Many of the guests were very impressed with the service and food. I am so glad we went with Noto’s- it was at the higher end of our budget- but we feel that it was definitely worth what we paid, and more! We had a wonderful time, thanks Joann! :)

Sent on 09/16/2010
  • F

Faye · Married on 02/29/2008

The Noto family was wonderful to work with. The food was delicious, the facility was beautiful. I was so happy with everything at my reception

Sent on 11/18/2008

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2007

Joanne, who is the wedding coordinator at Noto's was absolutly fabulous! Noto's staff was amazing, anything we needed they got for us. We had only a few kids at the wedding, but they managed to make the kids noddles and butter, or a PB&J sandwhich. Everything the did for us turned out great. The cake was beautiful. We had a pizza buffet towards the end of the night which was a great hit! To this day (about a year later) I am still getting compliments about how great the food was at my wedding, and how it's at the top of everyones list for wedding food. You will not be disappointed with Noto's. It was worth every penny I paid.

Sent on 10/24/2008

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2007

Wonderful, beautiful place to have your reception! We were looking for a place that offered warm and classy ambiance aNd this place fit the bill. The best part is, the reception room needed NO decoration as it was gorgeous in it's own right. Beautifiul chandeliers, tapestries, a winding marble staircase, wall sconces...it felt like a fairytale. Just what I had dreamed of! And of course, the staff was very accommodating and the food was excellent.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Ed & Sam · Married on 02/13/2016

I cannot say enough about the Noto family... Tony, JoAnn, and especially Valentina, helped us create and execute the perfect wedding day. They suggested Terpstra Photography and Creative Events of Michigan as well, and we were thrilled with both. On top of all of our needs throughout the day and the weeks of pre planning, the Noto family was responsive, classy, professional and treated us just like family. Could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 05/03/2016

I had my wedding at Notos in July. It was beautiful, Joann is a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/10/2015

The wait staff and bartender were very professional and friendly. Joann Noto is the person who works with the brides to plan the event. She always responded to my emails within 24 hours and her advice was very helpful.The week of the wedding she was extremely helpful with planning out where the card, gift, and cake tables would be, where the tables would be set up, etc. The staircase was a beautiful backdrop for our pictures. Also, if you have your wedding at Noto's, consider doing the late night pizza option. All of our guests loved it!

Sent on 01/27/2014
  • September 4th Bride to be

Clarissa · Married on 09/04/2011

Had our reception here and it was perfect. We got so many compliments on how great the food was, how beautiful the entire location was, and how polite the staff was. We had several guest from out of town and several of them said they would drive the four hours out to Grand Rapids just to eat here again. Joann was great to work with and made sure everything was great for us and that the groom and I were able to just enjoy ourselves that night making sure we weren't worrying about anything and that we had everything we needed. We plan on making a family tri

Sent on 09/19/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2013

We selected Noto's after recommendations from friends, a great date night at the restaurant with impeccable service, and for the peace of mind of having a professional take care of a significant portion of the reception in one shot. Yes the minimums are expensive...however when you break down the cost and compare to banquet halls you may find (as we did) that the price is very competitive. I cannot even describe in words how much of a relief it was to have the catering, cake, set up, and take down all covered in one shot. As brides, we have too much to worry about!

The food and cake received RAVE reviews from our guests, which is quite a feat as many of them are certified foodies and/or former caterers.

The only issue - we had quite a few out of towners arrive early and were not welcomed pleasantly. I am confident though, this was likely a one time occurrence of someone having a bad day.

Sent on 05/20/2013

We did our rehearsal dinner in the basement of Noto's and it was so beautiful. It honestly needs no decorations because it looks like an old Italian city down there. Very romantic when you add in the music and lighting. Dinner starts with complimentary prosecco, cheeses and olives. Then we opted for a 5 course meal. It could not have been any more delicious. Even my dad, who is super picky and doesn't try new things, loved it. They do a spin on all the meals for kids too. It was fun because the chef comes out and announces each meal. He did table side mozzarella for us too. Dessert was out of this world good. Everyone really enjoyed it, The only downfall is the time. Since everything is hand made, you have to go in there with the knowledge that you will be there for a while. We're talking 3+ hours. Other than that, it was phenomenal!

Sent on 06/03/2015

3.5

I used Noto's for just my reception. The food was outstanding and everything was beautifully decorated. My only complaint was the it took a long time for a response to my questions via email.

Sent on 06/07/2015

3.0

Good food, beautiful place. Kind of pricey, they served our rehearsal dinner family style and the food didn't make it around the table before it was gone so we had to keep waving for so,some to get more but other than that it was really good.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/16/2011

Great family restaurant and catering was excellent.

Sent on 04/24/2011

Racine · Married on 08/03/2007

Amazing food that people still talk about, beautiful room and excellent service.

Sent on 11/18/2008

I loved working with Notos for my wedding. Tony and Joann are extremely helpful and professional and make sure you're well taken care of throughout the planning and the day of the event. Notos is also absolutely beautiful with several different spaces to hold the ceremony and reception depending on the size of your party. My only complaint was that one of the bartenders was extremely rude and I kept receiving comments about it. I am assuming this was a one off ocassion as everyone else involved was extremely polite and accomodating. I'd certainly recommend this venue to anyone, but would suggest inquiring about the waitstaff.

Sent on 10/10/2012

4.2
      3.0

The staff definitely helped make our special day a little bit more stress free than what it could have been. We very much appreciated that!

Sent on 10/13/2012