Northstar Entertainment Agency Reviews

42 | Lowell, MA

42 Reviews for Northstar Entertainment Agency

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot begin to sing the praises of Steve Gamlin of Northstar Entertainment Agency, but I will try.

Steve came highly recommended; however, I needed to vet the disc jockey of my wedding.

We met for coffee one evening and after an hour, I knew that I needed to have Steve. He is extraordinarily well-versed in current and classic music. His access to a private studio allows him to create cuts of songs for entrances and for first and last dances.

His customer service is beyond compare. We ended up meeting with Steve again for coffee to finalize the playlist for the wedding. What Steve does best is listen. He was by far the easiest vendor to work with, which translated to a successful wedding day. His flexibility and patience when working with other vendors was superb.

Both families were supremely impressed at his humor, personality, professionalism, and his ability to read the feeling of a room. Once started, the dance floor was never empty, and in fact, people were sprinting up a hill to reach the dance floor at times.

If you are considering working with Steve, do yourself a favor and set up a meeting -- you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Claudia · Married on 07/20/2013

Amazing!! Everyone I spoke with a worked with from this company was fantastic. From John & Jamie on the administrative end to our DJ Steve Gamlin. All email inquires & phone calls were quickly replied to from John, Jamie & Steve. Steve checked in with me before the wedding to confirm details that we exchanged over email. He was very concerned with pronouncing everyone's names correctly, having the timing of reception events correct, playing the songs we requested, & avoiding those we didn't want. Over the phone & via email, John & Steve are easy to talk to, they were always sincere & honest in their opinions & always very professional! Steve was also very helpful providing a microphone & sound for the officiant at our outdoor ceremony, & communicating with our ceremony musicians about their needs. I highly recommend this company without reservations!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/01/2013

Steve Gamlin from Northstar Entertainment did an awesome job at our wedding! He was fun, energetic, and listened to all of our song requirements! Thank you Steve for making our day amazing!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Paula · Married on 10/21/2012

Steve Gamlin was our DJ for our October 21, 2012 wedding at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua,NH. I cannot express enough how happy we were with the music and with Steve! He is completely professional, flexible and so very kind.His energy was great and our dance floor was PACKED all night long with guests of all ages - from our 3 year old daughter to our grandmothers! It was so amazing to see. We gave Steve a list of our favorite songs and a few of our 'Do Not Plays" and he followed everything to a T. :-) He has his own recording studio so was even able to edit my Father/Daughter song to the exact timing I asked for. Steve was always responsive during the planning process and happily met with us (out of his way!) in person to go over music details. Definitely hire Steve Gamlin/ Northstar Entertainment Agency for your wedding/special event! You will not regret it.We will definately hire him again for any event that requires a DJ. I most also point out that the staff was beyond helpful and responsive as well. Overall the company is just AMAZING!!! Thanks again for everything!
    Paula & Jahmar Gathright

Sent on 01/23/2013

If you are looking for a professional, kind, stress-free and affordable DJ and vendor site, LOOK NO FURTHER! Northstar Entertainment, and in particular DJ STEVE GAMLIN were amazing to work with. We could not have possibly picked a better DJ. This was one area of my wedding that I did not have to stress about at all, as Steve met with my husband and I, and listened to what we wanted. He provided us with ideas and song lists, but did not push anything on us. We had a list of songs we wanted to hear, and songs that we did not want to hear, and he made sure he played exactly what we wanted. We had quite the age range at our wedding, and he literally played everything from oldies to today, and everything in between. He knew exactly when to slow things down, but he also kept the dance floor moving! My biggest worry that people weren't going to dance- DJ Steve had our dance floor PACKED! He made the day about US, and did not take over the mike for the night, or pull out any corny props or games. He was helpful and professional, and I would recommend him to anybody in need of a DJ. Look no further, DJ Steve Gamlin will make your wedding reception one to remember!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Thomas · Married on 08/12/2011

Steve Gamlin was the DJ at our 8/12/2011 wedding and I can't even begin to describe how great he was. He's a true professional that will get everybody up and dancing throughout your wedding. He's very experienced, and knows that your wedding day isn't about him. He is incredibly responsive, and looks for direction on the music. We even gave him a playlist of songs we had to hear, songs we'd like to hear and songs we didn't want to hear. Using that list he created the ultimate playlist of songs and played each one at exactly the right time. His music knowledge is unmatched and he's an all around gentleman. He's also very flexible, the day of the wedding we decided to change our last dance song and he didn't even budge! He kept everyone dancing throughout the night and played exactly the role he needed to play. He presented people and events when he needed to, but didn't spend the night talking - he let the music do that for him. He really is a true professional, he'll meet with you months in advance, respond quickly to your emails and be with you 100% of the way. Not to mention that North Star Entertainment's prices are very reasonable, go out and compare for yourselves!

Steve is a 5/5!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2011

Steve Gamlin was our DJ for our July 22, 2011 wedding at Atkinson Country Club in NH. I cannot express enough how happy we were with the music and with Steve! He is completely professional, flexible and so very kind. His energy was great and our dance floor was PACKED all night long with guests of all ages - from our 5 year old niece to our 90 year old grandmother! It was so amazing to see. We gave Steve a list of our favorite songs and a few of our 'Do Not Plays" and he followed everything to a T. :) He has his own recording studio so was even able to edit our Bride/Groom entrance song to the exact timing we asked for. Steve was always responsive during the planning process and happily met with us (out of his way!) in person to go over music details. Definitely hire Steve Gamlin/ Northstar Entertainment Agency for your wedding/special event!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Jana · Married on 03/19/2011

Steve Gamlin provided our services and was amazing! From the first song to the last song the dance floor was packed and our guests were having a ball! Steve was professional and fun and knew the songs to play to ensure that our guests had a fun time! SO glad we chose Steve. Just a wonderful person to work with!

Sent on 04/17/2011

Janelle · Married on 12/12/2010

Steve Gamlin is an amazing DJ, he it truly the top of the line. Everything was announced smoothly, the music was perfect, and he knew exactly what to play to get/keep people dancing. He's a genuinely great guy, professional, fun, but not cheesy. I would recommend him over and over if I could!

Sent on 12/28/2010

Caitlin · Married on 07/31/2010

The most amazing wedding band I have ever seen/heard at a wedding--and I am not being biased because I chose them. My guests could not stop commenting on how great they were. I had all of my guests young and old out on the dance floor because this 8 piece ensemble is unstoppable!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Heather · Married on 05/14/2010

We had Steve Gamlin as our DJ and he was great! He was very thourough and made sure he had all of the information he needed ahead of time and double checked everything. He played all the music we liked and nothing that we had on our "no play list". All of our guests had a blast and so did we!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Andrea · Married on 08/01/2009

Our band was Rare Form and they were absolutely amazing!!!! They were a pleasure to work with. Everything was perfect! The dance floor was packed all night long! They read the crowd really well. We received many many compliments about how fabulous our band was. I can't wait to hire them again!!!

Sent on 02/19/2010

Tina · Married on 10/14/2007

The best of the best!

Sent on 01/05/2008

Tiffany · Married on 12/06/2014

We has a great time working with Steve Gamlin, and the Northstar group in general. Steve completely nailed the wedding, and was very receptive to our music requests and preferences. We were very happy with our experience, and would completely recommend Steve to our friends.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Heidi · Married on 10/21/2006

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

Boss Band was absolutely amazing at our wedding!!! They had everyone dancing from the second they walked into the reception! The music was perfect and exactly what we had asked for and they read the crowd really well and played to us.
    During the planning, it was not that easy to contact Miles and and he wasn't extremely responsive, yet when we got closer to the day, he knew exactly what he was doing and it showed. It was just a little stressful during the planning, because he is not very active. But the bottom line, is that he knows what to do and does a great job!

Sent on 11/20/2006

Margaux · Married on 08/16/2008

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

The band and string quartet through this were amazing, but the manager is so-so. He's got slick answers, but rarely returns phone calls. I hadn't heard from the band 1 month before the wedding and called to check in - he told me that they'd be calling within a week. I hadn't heard back, called several times without a response from the manager and then one week before the wedding heard from the band. The band told me it was totally normal to hear from them only a week before. The manager tells you what you want to hear to make you happy. The quartet was a different story, they called me two months ahead of time to go over everything, and it was lovely. But overall, I had a spectacular band and the string quartet was AMAZING. Use this guy to book Festiva Strings and the Knights band, but definitely try to talk to the band/quartet and don't bother leaving messages as he never returns them.

Sent on 09/02/2008

Alison · Married on 11/03/2012

1.0

I used Northstar Entertainment after the recommendation of my wedding venue Andover Country Club. I needed a piano player for my cocktail hour. The agency recommended that I go with Daniel Webster, because he was close to the venue and the venue itself had really liked him. He was a little higher then I wanted to pay but because of all the recommendations and his proximity to the venue I booked him. Northstar entertainment was quick to process contract and payment.

Fast forward to my wedding day and the piano player does not show up on time. (i only had him playing for 1 hour). Everyone is calling the agency and they keep saying he walking in the door, which he wasn't. I honestly think someone forgot about the event wether it was the pianist or the agency, not sure but he didn't show up on time. Needless to say, my venue Andover Country Club wasn't happy either because they had made the recommendation. My wedding planner contacted them while I was on my honeymoon and no calls were ever returned.

Sent on 03/16/2013