Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment Reviews

143 | San Antonio, TX

143 Reviews for Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2014

Fran was an excellent DJ, I would absolutely recommend him. I had an extensive list of songs I wanted him to play and he was absolutely cool with that and then talked with me about what specific type of music he should play besides the list. Fran was also very flexible, everyone at the wedding preferred to be outside rather than the dance floor and Fran had the great idea of moving the speakers outside and keeping the party going there. He was great about request as well. Additionally, his live music playing is incredible and definitely worthwhile. His daughter, Mandie, made a fantastic day of wedding coordinator as well. I cannot say enough great things about Fran!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Gilbert · Married on 05/24/2014

My wife and I had called Music by Northern lights 1-2 months from our wedding date, however Fran was able to fit us in his schedule. Fran was a true professional and assited us in music selection. My family was surprised with the live music and continuously told me they loved it. We had an outdoor ceremony and reception, during the ceremony and cocktail hour Fran played the Saxophone which gave our wedding an elegant feel. His attention to detail was really helpful, like scheduled events ( i.e. bridal party entrance, cake cutting, toast, etc.), music selection. He also played thousand years with his saxophone which I thought was very good. Thank you Fran. You made our wedding night a night to remember.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Corby · event on 05/23/2014

Awesome job! Received wonderful feedback from all in attendance about the music.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Casey · Married on 05/17/2014

They did a great job! Everything turned out better than expected and everybody enjoyed themselves on the dance floor. We would recommend to anybody looking for a DJ for any event. Loved the live sax during cocktail hour!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Matthew · Married on 05/09/2014

Fran and Northern Lights made our wedding! My absolute favorite part was eating dinner at the head table while Fran walked around playing his Tenor Sax. The level of skill and professionalism from NL was beyond anything I imagined. I highly recommend The Northern Lights for DJ, Band, and Lighting for your wedding. My friends and family are still talking about how much they enjoyed The Northern Lights. 5 Stars!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Laura · Married on 04/18/2014

Fran was great! If I hear that anyone is looking for entertainment for an event, he is always the first suggestion. Thanks for making our wedding wonderful!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Katheryn · Married on 03/28/2014

We chose Northern Lights to DJ our wedding after hearing so many wonderful things about Fran and his company; and after working with him, if there was an option to give more than 5 stars we would! From the initial meeting to the day of the wedding, his services far exceeded our expectations. He offered so much guidance and helped us create a smooth flow for the evening, he is truly a man with a plan and kept the night rolling right along. He did a fantastic job choosing the music, as we just gave him genre guidelines, and really read the crowd, keeping people on the dance floor all night long. We would absolutely recommend him for any event, he went far above and beyond what we expected, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with him!

Sent on 04/04/2014
  • I

Ilianna · Married on 03/08/2014

Fran was amazing to work with. He is so professional and made the process of meeting, selecting music,etc. easy from beginning to end. I would highly recommend Fran as a DJ for not only weddings, but any other event that requires music. Fran's years of experience really shined through the night of our wedding. He was able to determine what the guests wanted to hear and dance to then adequately determine which songs to play. Fran kept his calm, organized and kind demeanor during the entire evening and was so helpful to go above and beyond and keep everybody on schedule. Don't hesitate to hire Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment they will not disappoint!!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Courtney · Married on 02/01/2014

Selecting Northern Lights DJ and Live Music for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! From the moment I met Fran I knew he was going to be easy to work with and do what I wanted to make our wedding day exactly what we wanted! He was exactly this way the entire way through, and played all music that we enjoyed! They did such an incredible job, and went above and beyond to help keep us on schedule throughout the evening, from getting our family and wedding party down the aisle, cutting the cake, first dances, to getting us out the door for the send off! Everyone, including myself were very impressed with the live music as well, it was phenomenal! The up-lighting was perfect too, really making the room magical! We were very pleased with Northern Lights! Thank you for all you did!

Sent on 02/25/2014

I am so glad I chose Fran as our DJ! He made our wedding so memorable and our guests complimented all the music, especially the live saxophone and piano during dinner. He was great to work with and so easy. He really listened to what we wanted and worked with us to have an absolutely perfect evening!

Sent on 01/02/2014

Marilyn · Married on 12/27/2013

We had Fran with Northern Lights DJ at our wedding in Boerne, Texas. Fran was professional, punctual, and very easy to work with. We had him play his sax during the dinner portion and everyone loved it!! It gave our reception that extra touch of elegance! He played songs that we loved and he sounded amazing! The dance was so much fun and he did exactly what I asked him to, as far as the type of music we wanted to be played. He knows what people love to dance! He also brought up lighting which looked fabulous. We definitely think he deserves 5 stars!!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Hannah · Married on 11/30/2013

Northern Lights was an amazing company to work with. They went above and beyond to make my day special. They were quick to get back on all of my questions and concerns and ended up pretty much being my wedding planner for the day of! Fran was so nice, he made a mash up of a bunch of songs for my wedding party and kept revamping it to make it perfect! They truly made my day what it was. I had a lot of people who loved to dance and Fran kept them on the dance floor all night! It was a night for the records and I cannot praise them enough on how well they did.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Michelle · Married on 11/16/2013

This group is amazing! I really enjoyed working with Fran. He is a down to earth, very professional individual. He has a passion for music and is very talented! I loved the fact that he provided a variety of services, not just strictly DJ services. For my wedding, we had live music (by his partner, Kevin) and then Fran played the Saxophone during dinner. After dinner, the DJ music started. Lots of my guests were dancing from the beginning to end! Specific requests were played which was nice. They also helped my wedding coordinator with the releasing of tables for the buffet and the transitioning of activities throughout the night. I liked that they helped move things along. Great vendor and great experience!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Samantha · Married on 11/07/2013

We met Fran at the Boulder Springs open house last year and thought that his sax playing was just amazing and I told my Husband right away that we had to have him. He is super sweet and extremely professional and you can tell that he actually loves what he does. From start to finish he made the process so easy and stress free. He played live sax for my entrance and it blew us and the guests away. Northern Lights is by far the best Dj here in this area and if you want great pricing and exemplary service than Fran is your man!!! Thank you so much Fran for creating so many great memories for us that will last our life times!!!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Julie · Married on 10/12/2013

We loved having Northern Lights at our wedding! Fran is great to work with!!! The live saxophone music was amazing and our guests could not stop talking about how awesome it was! The up lighting added a little extra romantic feel to our venue! Overall we were very pleased with Fran and Northern Lights!!!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/04/2013

Northern Lights had a great variety of music available that you can customize to a "T". Mr. Badrak was very nice and professional - he was our band director in high school, and just couldn't have been a better DJ for the best day of our lives. The music was one of our favorites things from the wedding, and one of the best vendors that we had to work with. They are very affordable and wouldn't have gone with anyone else!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Dana · Married on 09/21/2013

Fran was a fantastic DJ! Really listened to what vibe/music we wanted, and incorporated it all into one of the funnest receptions yet! He also has GOBO lights which are the lights you can put on the dancefloor with your names or initials, which is a nice touch! He provided ceremony and reception music, and both were spot on! He was extremely flexible and incorporates your personal style into his music choices. We met with him on several occasions and he was more than accommodating and willing to fit us in his schedule. Great DJ, great entertainment, great selection of music!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Sue · event on 09/08/2013

I would recommend Northern Lights DJs to anyone!! We had always hired a full band for all our events such as this, but they totally outdid themselves. We had more people stay for the music and dancing than we ever had before. Fran and his wife are absolutely wonderful and entertaining people!!! Kept crowd totally engaged!! Kudos to both of you!!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Katie · Married on 08/17/2013

I used Northern Lights for my wedding and they were fabulous! A week from the wedding, we got to sit down and go over an agenda for the day of the wedding with songs that we wanted.
    Let me just say, that was very helpful and let us put in perspective how we wanted the night to flow!!! Northern Lights offers downlighting, live music (sax and keyboard), and of course the DJ part. We worked with Fran and he was very helpful and informative on how much time we needed for everything. He did such an amazing job helping the evening flow and of course getting everyone on the dance floor!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Caradee · Married on 07/27/2013

We chose Northern Lights DJ to provide entertainment at our wedding. Fran runs the company, but Zac was our DJ for the evening. He did an amazing job and planned the perfect music. He even let our guests request songs, and livened up the party. For our ceremony and reception we had different versions of songs that we wanted. Fran and Zac made sure before the event that they had the correct versions. There time and dedication meant the world to us on our special day.

Northern Lights DJ also provides a day of coordinating service for there brides. We opted to use these services and I am so glad we did. Mandie was a God send. I had originally planned on just me and my mom running this wedding...I'm glad we didn't. Mandie's services were very reasonable in price and made the wedding much less stressful. She sent me templates of timelines and contacted my vendors the day before the wedding. She was there whenever I needed her and made sure my entire family was doing ok. I can not say enough good things about her. If any of you brides are planning on running your wedding yourself DON'T DO IT!! Let Mandie do it, so you can enjoy YOUR day.

One thing I did extra to make sure she knew who everyone was, was made a VIP list with pictures. This seemed to help her out a lot.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Ericca · Married on 07/06/2013

Our wedding and reception music was wonderful! What a great experience we had with Northern Lights! I would highly recommend their services to others who are planning a special event...E. Klein

Sent on 07/12/2013

Savannah · Married on 07/06/2013

Fran was the best dj ever!!! We received so many compliments on his jazz playing! Our wedding was beautiful and he was a big part of making it such a success! Thank you again, Fran :)

Sent on 07/21/2013

Kirstin · Married on 06/15/2013

I HIGHLY recommend Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment for your wedding or ANY event!! Fran was absolutely amazing! He is very dedicated and passionate about his business. My husband and I got married at Boulder Springs - Stonehaven Hall and Fran knew exactly where to set up the uplighting and GOBO to allow for the most exquisite evening! Also, Fran met with us several times to make sure he had all of the correct songs for our personal wedding playlist. My husband and I really appreciated all of the time and energy that he put in to making our day extra special! Truly a class act!!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2013

ABBY · Married on 05/26/2013

Fran was EXCEPTIONAL! Not only did he provide great music, he was instrumental in keeping structure and order throughout the night! He provided sax music during the dinner hour, and he was prompt and efficient in keeping us all on the timeline. I would highly recommend him to anyone for their special event! Ours certainly would not have run as smoothly without him!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Tamara · Married on 05/25/2013

Fran went above and beyond what I expected. Originally I had wanted a live band for the entertainment at my reception. However, the prices and their requirements were outrageous. Fran was given my email address through my venue and emailed me occasionally describing his services. At late notice he was able to book me. I was nervous using a DJ because of the stigma often associated or the often lack of control you have over the music. Fran was more than I could have ever hoped for. He showed up early in the day to set up his equipment, hours before he had informed me he would. Our wedding kept switching from indoor to outdoor due to rain and he helped make suggestions as well as offered no resistance to our decisions. He played the music in a perfect sequence and used our musical likings to select songs for events within the reception that I couldn't find a right one for. He was incredibly friendly and helped contribute to a very positive environment for our wedding reception. We did not have a wedding planner so he helped us keep the night on schedule, but never making us feel rushed or uncomfortable. Coming from a person who typically does not prefer DJs - Fran would be a first choice for me and my husband every time.

Sent on 07/15/2013