Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment Reviews

143 | San Antonio, TX

143 Reviews for Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment

Stefan · Married on 06/09/2016

They made our night amazing!! The live music was absolutely incredible and everyone really enjoyed it. Will definitely use their service again for any future events that we may plan!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

We used Fran's services for my daughter's wedding. He was fabulous! I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 05/16/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/26/2016

Fran was absolutely the best DJ I have ever worked with! He is VERY professional and was extremely helpful to us. We had a wedding for 300 plus guests and he was instrumental in keeping things moving according to our timeline. We had many compliments on him that night and after. Music selection was of course beyond compare. If you book Fran/Northern Lights you can be sure that the DJ portion of your event will be in extremely good hands!!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Awesome DJ, was very informative and well put together for our event. He made sure to follow every detail I had asked without any hesitation. The whole day flowed so smoothly cause the music was flawless and fit every moment!!! Thank you so so so much!!!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Cory · Married on 03/04/2016

Fran was very accommodating and helped keep the party going. Very easy to work with!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Fran was WONDERFUL. I had only met him once prior to the event due to my wedding being out of state, and was a little apprehensive about that. However, it turned out perfectly. Fran was prompt and effective at e-mail and phone communication, played my requested songs, and did an excellent job keeping the evening moving without being 'in your face' or obtrusive.
    His saxophone playing during dinner was excellent -- we got so many compliments on the whole evening! I cannot recommend Fran enough. If you are uncertain about booking a DJ without meeting him, don't be. This is the one you want!

Sent on 01/26/2016

June · Married on 01/09/2016

Fran did my daughter's wedding at the Heritage House in Dripping Springs. He worked with her ahead of time and was extremely helpful. The day of the wedding was perfect - both the wedding ceremony and the dinner and dance time. His group plays sax and piano, is well organized, and made for a seriously fun evening. I had comments over and over about what a great wedding it was, and a lot of that is due to Fran. I absolutely highly highly highly recommend him.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Barbie · Married on 11/20/2015

We were extremely happy with Fran and Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment. He provided a super mix of many different genres of music. Fran played the saxophone while the guests were dining. All of our guests really enjoyed the music all evening. I would highly recommend Northern Lights for your special occasion.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Kayla · event on 10/31/2015

Northern lights was great! We hired them to play live as well as DJ at our wedding at Bella Springs. They know what they are doing to play things that fit your wedding and also listen to any requests.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Taylor · Married on 10/24/2015

I'm so happy with our experience with Northern Lights. Fran was so responsive to my inquires and truly made the night wonderful! He provides you with a detailed spreadsheet of what you would like him to play when, and fills in the rest with wonderfully selected music. The up lighting he provided was beautiful, and really added a lot to our venue. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Allison · Married on 10/11/2015

I would highly recommend Northern Lights to DJ any event! Fran was extremely laid back, easy to work with, friendly, and reasonably priced! I was worried about my wedding music because I had such a diverse group of guests attending, but he was able to play the right music to get all groups of people up and dancing all night!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/10/2015

Fran did an amazing job with all the music and lightning requirements at our wedding! Everything was absolutely perfect :) I would recommend their company to anybody.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Armando · Married on 10/03/2015

Northern Lights was everything we wanted at our wedding reception. Music to set the mood for dinner and then to keep the party going for the dancing. Great mix of music! It even got my dad dancing and that's never happened before! Fran was very professional and flexible. His sound system was top notch. You could here everything he was saying for announcements and for the speeches/toasts. He even let me borrow the mic so I could surprise my bride with a serenade. =) northern lights was highly recommended and we could see why. So now I'm highly recommending him to you readers!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

Fran was amazing, he really made our night special for us. we met with him about 3 times before the wedding and emailed him the songs we wanted to play since we had edited the songs including a recording of myself singing Daddy Dance With Me by Krystal Keith. He even helped make sure the ceremony went off without a hitch. He told everyone when to go.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Celia · Married on 09/19/2015

Kevin was awesome! He was so attentive to all the requests we made. The music was perfect and he had a huge group on the dance floor at all times. He made the wedding flow really well and I couldn't have done it without him. I would definitely recommend him to anyone for their wedding or event.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Absolutely wonderful working with this group. Ceremony was perfect and i couldn't help but to notice that Frans live music was really making the ceremony come to life. My reception had a few bumps and downs because of the coordinator and Fran was so flexible and taking charge. Although i had a playlist i noticed my music wasn't getting everyone up on their feet, so Fran took over and he was able to get the dance floor crowded! He knows how to party!We also did the GOBO lighting and the red lighting that he provided which made the ballroom look GREAT! They made this event so much classier and special. Thank You Fran!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/18/2015

I could go on and on about how GREAT this DJ is! He is absolutely amazing. He did all the up lighting at the reception, put our monogram on the dance floor ANND played live music with his saxophone during dinner. It was amazing! We kept having people come up to us and tell us how awesome our DJ was. Fran makes it super easy to tell him which songs should be played, not played, etc! He played all the best songs and had literally everyone dancing and having a blast. He is really talented and very passionate about his career and is dedicated to make sure everyone has a great time! I would recommend him to everyone I know! He was spot on with everything and made our wedding reception a BLAST and we are so thankful!

Sent on 08/11/2015
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 07/11/2015

We had Fran DJ our wedding ceremony and reception, He did a great job! I was so pleased with the flow of things and his services.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Denise · Married on 07/05/2015

We had Fran for our Vow Renewal Ceremony. We asked for old school R&B and the ability to dance all night. Fran delivered and we had so much fun! What made the evening special was when he played live music for us during the dinner hour. This set the tone for the night. His prices were reasonable, which made it all the better. He is the best!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Diana · Married on 06/05/2015

Fran with Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment was amazing! He was very professional, friendly and helpful. Fran made sure that the schedule ran smoothly, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Anyone looking for a DJ, I would highly recommend Northern Lights DJ. All of our guests at the wedding raved about the music and variety that was played, it was so fun. Thanks Fran for everything you did to make our wedding so wonderful!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2015

Fran is awesome and made the flow of things run perfectly!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Maria · Married on 05/22/2015

Fran was soooo amazing through our year of wedding planning. We found him at a venue open house, and he was playing the saxophone. I instantly fell in love and my husband and I hired him on the spot! He didn't just provide amazing music for our wedding; he also gave honest and reliable recommendations on other vendors, which was a HUGE stress relief. His recommendations helped us chose our venue, caterer, and photographer-all of which we were completely satisfied with. It is also nice that he has one daughter who is a Day of Coordinator, and another daughter (and son-in-law) that owns a bartending company (both of which we hired and also loved!).

I only wish I could go back to that night and hit the "slo-mo" button to relive it all again!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Arturo · Married on 05/15/2015

Northern Lights DJ is a one stop shop for elegant live music, up lighting, GOBO (dance floor shadow light monogram), classy and current DJ services. He is always eager to provide assistance in selecting the right music to keep your event flowing smoothly. The best choice for any event that requires lights, music, & dancing!

Sent on 05/27/2015

K · Married on 05/03/2015

I'm the type of person that doesn't believe in a perfect score, but I have to brag that Fran exceeded every expectation I had of a DJ for our wedding! From accommodating my tardiness in playlists to handling every hiccup with grace and class, he really made our wedding memorable. Everyone complimented our music choices at the reception, but the only songs we picked were those used in the ceremony, Fran did the rest. I thank him for being professional, friendly, and flexible, and ultimately playing a major role in the success of our wedding!

Sent on 05/05/2015

paloma · Married on 04/26/2015

Northern lights have been so amazing through this experience. He has made some really good recommendation. And make sure every detail is covered. He will make sure you have a great wedding

Sent on 02/12/2015