North Shore Country Club Reviews

19 | New York, NY

19 Reviews for North Shore Country Club

Megan · Married on 06/18/2016

The North Shore Country Club is truly a hidden Long Island gem. In searching for a venue, we were looking for a classic and elegant location that was also unique and a little different from the traditional Long Island catering halls. Upon my first visit to NSCC, I knew this would be the perfect spot for our wedding. The setting is peaceful and beautiful, complete with views of the Sound in the main reception room. In addition to being a gorgeous spot, the staff- namely Ben and Lisa- are absolutely fantastic at helping you to create the perfect day. They are both very accommodating and want to make sure every detail is perfect. They are also incredibly organized and don’t miss a beat. The Club only does one wedding a weekend, so your day is their main focus. Everything ran so smoothly on the day of our wedding- it was everything we dreamed of and so much more. We are still receiving compliments on the gorgeous NSCC atmosphere, amazing cocktail hour, quality and deliciousness of the food, and superb service offered by the staff. The NSCC is really a special place- we would have our wedding there again in a heartbeat if we could. Thank you Ben and Lisa!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Heather · Married on 06/11/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the North Shore Country Club. From the delicious food to the friendly staff, everything about my June 11th wedding was perfect. Ben and Lisa were easy to work with, excellent with communications, and flexible in ensuring all of our wishes were met. So many of our guests commented on what a lovely reception we had, which made our special day even better. I HIGHLY recommend considering the NSCC for your wedding if you are on Long Island!

Sent on 06/19/2016

My wedding was AMAZING. I cannot begin to describe how happy I am that I chose NSCC for wedding reception. The staff- Benoit and Lisa were so accommodating, organized and flexible. They were great throughout the whole planning process and after the event. And if course they went above and beyond on the day of the wedding. I was so thrilled at how my wedding turned out. All the guests had an amazing time as well. The food was delicious and the timing of everything was down to a science.
    I already mentioned this but I need to express again how amazing Benoit was. My limo didn't show up to take me to the church for the ceremony and Benoit did not hesitate to run up to his own car to chauffeur us to the church. He has so much experience and talent. Any event he helps to plan will be amazing because he clearly has so much experience. I could not be happier with my wedding. It was better than I could have ever imagined. I was able to relax and have fun with my friends and family knowing that everything was in great hands with Ben. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/06/2015

We would like to thank The North Shore Country Club so much for helping us put together a magical and beautiful wedding! I cannot say enough great things about the Club! They were honestly the best group of people I have ever worked with! From the moment I stepped in, I knew that this was the place I wanted to have my wedding. Not only were Ben, Lisa, and the rest of the staff professional and responsive, but they offered their honest opinions on everything. They really tailor everything to fit your needs and your budget. It made everything so much easier, and on the day of the wedding, everything flowed so perfectly and wonderfully. The food was delicious and plentiful, and everyone left feeling so satisfied and satiated. Plus, the value was awesome--you really get much more than you pay for. All of our guests are still talking about our wedding, and it's been over a month already! I highly, highly recommend The North Shore Country Club for a wedding. You will not regret it!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

All the staff at North Shore Country Club were very accommodating, and welcoming. The food was phenomenal, and the service was fantastic. Easily the best wedding cuisine we've ever tasted. Convenient that they had some hotel rooms on site for wedding party. Venue is very well maintained and updated. Views were incredible. Plenty of room for up to 200 guests comfortably. The staff really made our wedding day something special. Ben and Lisa were incredible and responsive throughout our whole planning process. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Samantha · Married on 06/07/2014

Finding the North Shore Country Club was a dream come true. If I were to create the perfect Wedding venue in my head, it would be the North Shore Country Club. <3

From the moment my Husband and I first turned off Shore Road and drove up the long drive to the main house at the North Shore Country Club, we were in love. The beauty and calming energy of the grounds transport you away from the hustle and bustle of the nearby towns and New York City which is a mere 25 miles away.

We were looking for a location to not only hold our Wedding, but also a weekend celebration (including a clam-bake style rehearsal dinner and city-style brunch). We were thrilled to find out that the Club not only has banquet facilities, but also guest cottages, rooms, and suites. The main building and all of the guest accommodations had exactly the old world charm we were seeking. Yet, we also felt like we were on vacation at a seaside resort.

Falling in love with the Club was just the beginning. Once we met Ben, the General Manager and other members of their staff, we knew our decision was made. Ben is the epitome of hospitality. His warmth and passion for the Club is immediately evident the moment you meet him. Ben was excited to help us host the perfect event and he was an integral part of the planning process.

We were amazed by the wide array of menu options and the quality of the food. We were overjoyed by how wonderful the staff was and we felt truly taken care of as if we were family. Ben, Lisa, and their team went above and beyond to ensure every detail was perfect. We will be forever grateful to them for orchestrating a truly magical Wedding weekend. I highly recommend the North Shore Country Club in every way. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. Also, please watch our Wedding trailer which was filmed in entirety at the Club: http://www.sundaymorningfilms.com/blog/?p=732. For an extraordinary Wedding, you've discovered a gem!

Sent on 12/09/2014
  • User4262097 · 2+ years ago

My wedding was on October 12th at The North Shore Country Club. From the moment I stepped on the premises with my family, I knew this was where I wanted to get married. The venue is absolutely spectacular, and my photographer was able to capture incredible photos on the premises. The country club decor is gorgeous, and the food is amazing! Ben, the general manager, was patient during the entire planning process and always able to be reached. We worked so well together, and my vision for my wedding truly came to life. He made me and my husband feel incredible on the day of our wedding, and no detail was overlooked. He made us feel comfortable and at home. Our wedding day was seamless. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Our guests had an amazing time, and couldn't tell us enough how beautiful the country club was. This venue comes HIGHLY recommended. I had the wedding of my dreams. Thank you Ben!!!

Jennifer H.

Sent on 07/20/2014

stephanie · Married on 09/21/2013

North Shore Country Club did an outstanding job on our wedding! Ben was fantastic in assisting us throughout the entire process. The whole staff was courteous and efficient. Our guests were highly impressed with the venue. The Club has such an inviting and romantic feel to it that is irreplaceable. The food was absolutely wonderful. Many guests commented that it was some of the best food they have had ever, including what they have experienced at some of the top restaurants in the area. I am so happy we had our reception there, and HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is considering this venue. It is simply, the perfect spot. :)

Sent on 10/18/2013

We couldn't have been happier! From the first day, I knew it was where I would get married- welcoming and simply beautiful!

With the NSCC, you get incredible bang for your buck! Finding it meant no compromises-- I stayed in budget and had the wedding of my dreams. What I loved-- unbeatable old-world atmosphere, personal attention (no multiple or cookie-cutter weddings), incredible food and a delightful staff.

SETTING: I fell in love. It had the feel of gold-coast mansion and the charm of a home. Its antique furniture feels natural, not pompous or gaudy like many mansion-venues. The ceremony and reception were in the same space with a seamless transition. The room is lined with windows overlooking the harbor. We brought in textured linens and sparkling lamps, infusing it with romance. I was concerned about the cocktail hour in the Club Room (lacking that antique charm). But once it was full of food, guests and twinkling candles, my concerns proved unwarranted. It was elegant and welcoming.

FOOD: DELICIOUS! We were treated to an elegant tasting dinner and the kitchen accommodated all special requests (due to allergies). The cocktail hour menu was full of choices to suit all tastes and budgets. The cake? They use a fabulous bakery which gave me just what I wanted, and again- in budget! Really, really delicious!

SERVICE: Ben, the GM, was hospitable and SO helpful. Prior to the wedding, my family or my fiancee and I stopped by MANY times, always welcomed with personal attention. Ben had great ideas, noticing every detail. He helped me make lists to keep the day running smoothly. This was no wedding-factory. My in-laws held the rehearsal dinner there and it was beautiful. Out of town guests stayed at the hotel on-site and all were pleased with the accommodations. That day, we all got ready on the premises and took photos around the grounds (which includes a gorgeous golf course).

I highly recommend NSCC!

Sent on 09/16/2013

mary · Married on 07/20/2013

Imagine a wedding day as a perfect dream come true and that was our experience with this venue! Ben and his staff were first rate in every respect. The venue itself is beautiful if you are looking for a Gold Coast mansion vibe without the high price tag.We had 200 guests at our daughters wedding and people are still raving about "the Best Wedding ever"!The food at the cocktail hour and also the dinner was delicious- not your typical wedding food.Everything was served fresh and hot. The chef even at the last minute accommodated two of my family members on special diets. There is only one event at a time .A spectacular view of Roslyn Harbor from the ballroom- Ben even timed the Wedding Partys entrance to the beautiful sunset. I would definitely book a wedding here again- a very well kept secret on the North Shore!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Kate · Married on 07/20/2013

I can't say enough AMAZING things about this venue. It was the first venue we went to see and we immediately cancelled all other venue appointments. If you are looking for a beautiful Long Island venue WITHOUT the overdone catering hall feel, North Shore Country club is the place. To begin with, Ben is amazing. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and fit our vision. The venue itself is beautiful-- a great regal and historical feel. I love that we were the only event there all day and we were able to come a day early to start setting up. Cocktail hour was unbelievable-- we had lots of great stations and passed hors d'oeuvres. My family is Chinese American and Ben helped put together an amazing Dim Sum station that everyone enjoyed. We entered the ballroom at sunset which Ben helped us time our entire event so our guests could enjoy the sunset over the harbor. We had a DJ and the dance floor was packed the entire night. The flow of events was great. Ben helped us set up a connecting room for our photo booth, candy bar and guest book. The food was unbelievable-- 6 months later, people are still talking about how it was the best wedding food that they have ever had! Ben made accommodations for our guests' food preferences (vegetarian, Gluten Free...even my great aunt who last minute needed a low sodium meal due to health issues) and took care of all of the kids there (6 kids under 6!). Ben and his staff were attentive and made sure the entire day was perfect. I am dying for a friend to get married at North Shore Country Club so that we can attend a wedding there! I can't say enough GREAT things about North Shore Country Club and Ben!

Sent on 01/26/2014
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 06/22/2013

I couldn’t be happier to provide a glowing review about our wedding at North Shore Country Club. I did my research ahead of time and found that most of the reception venues on Long Island are cheesy catering halls, run down mansions or beat up beach clubs with astronomical price tags because of their waterfront locations. And then there is NSCC. I knew right away that the club was a cut above the rest and we felt like we found this hidden gem nestled on a beautiful golf course overlooking the harbor. NSCC had everything we wanted and more! The service is phenomenal (I would go so far to say that Ben is a perfectionist), the food is out of this world (our guests are still talking about the size of the shrimp at our cocktail hour and the steak that melted in their mouths at dinner) and the entire landscape makes for beautiful photos (how can you beat cocktail hour on the pool patio overlooking the Long Island Sound?). From start to finish I felt confident that Ben would deliver every single detail that we discussed for 18 months leading up to our wedding day. The décor throughout the club is elegant yet comfortable and many of our guests complimented us that it was one of the most beautiful reception venues that they had ever been to. My husband and I can’t wait to be guests at a wedding at NSCC so we can experience the day all over again!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Catherine · Married on 12/01/2012

I am so thrilled that we chose North Shore for our beautiful wedding. We had spent considerable time researching the best venue for our ceremony and reception - after our tasting and meeting the chef and Ben while enjoying the lovely views and comfortable surroundings, it was a completely unanimous decision to go with North Shore CC. We felt like royalty with the attention to detail and the service was spot on. All 165 guests were so complimentary and had the time of their lives! We thought our extensive menu (and we are foodies) might be a challange since we made so many special requests, but every single one of them was delivered to perfection. Chef Peter was so accomodating and seemed to put a personal touch on every dish from the incredible apps - one better than the last (and best Shrimp crabcakes EVER - my husband said he wants that for dinner once a week!) to the Chateaubriand and creative plate presentation. My guests will remember this day forever and I have a few engaged friends that are already considering their receptions here as well. We are lucky that they have rooms too - so the party continues as long as you want as North Shore only books one event at a time - what a treat!! Your own hotel on the most special day of your life. We love you guys and will most definitely plan our parents anniversary party here next year. Thank you again, though words can never fully express our appreciation!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Christine · Married on 10/20/2012

Our wedding at NSCC was a wonderful event. The clubhouse is beautiful, and we were able to have both the ceremony and the reception there. Everyone had a wonderful time and we received so many compliments from our friends and relatives who attended. Ben, the Manager, and all of the staff were very accomodating. The service was excellent and Ben worked very well with the other vendors to make sure the entire affair came out beautifully. The food was excellent, and we received many compliments on that as well. All in all, we were very happy with every detail. We especially liked the fact that a number of our closest friends were able to stay at the club, allowing the party to continue on after the reception ended.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Eliisa · Married on 10/13/2012

North Shore Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding. It is intimate and unique with so much more personality than a banquet hall. It only hosts one event at a time so you truly feel that the place is yours. We had 115 people at our October wedding and had our cocktail hour and reception there (church ceremony). Everything was perfect! We had our cocktail hour in the Grill Room with an outdoor patio, the food was fabulous and my guests are still talking about the size of the shrimps, huge.
    The reception dinning room has a gorgeous sitting foyer area so guests can relax on the couches. The Dinning room has beautiful views of the water and elegant furnishings and decor, no need for chair covers. I also recommend the Viennese desserts, we had an entire room dedicated to delicious sweets.
    Ben the manager is amazing and has a great eye for design and detail. He picks up on all the little things that you miss when planning your wedding and fills in the gaps perfectly. The staff at NSCC were friendly and professional and the chef made everything look and taste amazing.
    I can't say enough good things about NSCC and am happy to recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Ann · Married on 07/17/2010

My daughter's wedding reception at North Shore was the wedding of her dreams! The beautiful outdoor pool area provided a wonderful setting for the cocktail hour. The food was exceptional throughout the affair. The presentation was beautiful, the service exceptional. Every detail was taken care of without any involvement on our part on the night of the affair.We were able to feel like guests at the reception. We received, and still continue to receive, so many compliments that it was the "best wedding ever"!

Sent on 04/23/2012
  • F

Fangfei · Married on 06/25/2016

Here's how we decided on North Shore Country Club: We visited it, then we visited two other wedding venues, decided that we were really happy with the North Shore Country Club, and canceled all our other wedding venue viewings.

On a high level overview, our guests left saying that our wedding was the best they've been to and that the venue was gorgeous. Here are the details:

Working with Ben, Lisa, the rest of the North Shore Country Club staff was easy. This was our top reason for choosing NSCC, and we were so impressed with their delivery. There were times -- months before the wedding -- where I would get slow responses, but in the weeks leading up to the wedding, Ben and Lisa did a great job organizing all the details necessary for the wedding day in a timely manner. Ben did a draw-droppingly good job walking our families and wedding party through the ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding, and he was amazing at coordinating everything on the day of. The NSCC staff also treated my husband and I very well the day after.

The venue's setting is very beautiful. Best to visit it yourself to experience it. The venue's lobby is very special -- it is wallpapered with some historical paintings, and the area where the guests first mingle indoors is gorgeous. We chose to do our ceremony indoors, though outdoors is also an option. Cocktail hour happened both indoors and outdoors in our case. (I wish I could have tried more of the cocktail hour foods!) The reception room offers a gorgeous water view facing west, so that you and your guests can be treated to a lovely sunset.

All in all, I was really happy with the North Shore Country Club and I recommend checking them out if you're doing a Long Island wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Rebecca · Married on 11/02/2013

We had our wedding at NSCC this past November, and the staff here were hands down, amazing. They were incredibly flexible - from creating a personalized menu, to bringing in our own cake and desserts - you name it. The service for the reception was excellent. Our guests were very pleased with the food and the service, and they were particularly attentive to us. The moment we sat down a staff member would immediately come over to get us a drink and take care of us. Ben - the manager - was a pleasure to work with. He was willing to do whatever we needed to make the day perfect. I also chose to get ready on location which was lovely. The rooms as well are really nicely appointed and it was so convenient to stay on location for me the night before and as a couple the night of the wedding. We also took our pictures on site - lots of great opportunities for photos! All in all we were so pleased that we chose to have our wedding here and would absolutely recommend them to any couple. One of the best venues I have seen on Long Island and top notch food.

Sent on 12/10/2013

3.0

Perfect venue. Beautiful event space and grounds. Food was excellent. Comments from the guests said were that the staff was very responsive and courteous.

Sent on 10/20/2013