North Country Cakes Reviews

22 | Morrisville, VT

22 Reviews for North Country Cakes

Lindsey Masse · Married on 07/26/2020

Absolutely flawless

My fiancé and I had to move our wedding date forward due to COVID and the whole process was stressful. The saving grace was North country cakes they not only agreed to get my cake ready unless then 2 weeks they delivered it and was able to stay and decorate the cake with the flowers from my florist. The cake was absolutely beautiful and tastes amazing. The guests and photographer said it was the best cake that he had ever had and he has been to several weddings. I’m so grateful for everything they did for our special day. So if you are looking for a cake that you can remember on any special occasions forever go to North Country Cakes.

Sent on 07/27/2020

North Country Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much Lindsey, it was a pleasure! And I absolutely did go by that creemee stand afterward, thank you guys for the hot tip! =) Lol.

Ashley Hoppe · Married on 03/14/2020

Exceeded expectations

Our hazelnut doberge cake was one of the highlights of our wedding! Nicole did such a beautiful job that some of our guest questioned if it was a real cake. The design exceeded our expectations! Tasted even better than the sample. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Kelley

Kelley Balogh · Married on 10/11/2019

The Sweetest!!

North Country Cakes was AMAZING!! Not only did they do a fabulous job providing the most delicious cupcakes and donuts for our dessert bar, but they were very reasonable and quick to respond to any inquiries! Our guests were so delighted by the sweets that they were gone so quick and I didn't even get one! My husband handmade a custom logo into a birch log for my ring box for my proposal, and NCC was able to replicate this onto our custom birch effect wedding cake! Simply stunning! Nicole was fantastic to work with and we are VERY PLEASED with the outcome! You have a customer for years to come, as we will be sure to come to NCC for all our holiday and special occasion dessert needs!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Patty Greco · Married on 10/06/2019

So Delicious!

We were so happy with our desserts from North Country Cakes for our wedding at the Barn at Smugglers Notch! Our guests loved all of our treats. The Vermont maple cake was delicious! Nicole was so helpful throughout the entire process. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Gabriela

Gabriela · Married on 08/24/2019

I wish I could eat my wedding cake every day!!

Nicole and her team at North Country Cakes made us the most beautiful wedding cake I have ever seen, AND it tasted better than any cake I have ever had! If you are considering NCC for your wedding cake, please just go for it because I cannot recommend them enough. I thought that we would have to have a wedding cake that would spend half the day in the fridge and would be covered in a thick layer of fondant to keep it structurally sound (not something I wanted at all!) because our wedding was in the Summer. Our cake had no fondant (hooray) and was covered in a beautifully delicious buttercream, and it was able to stay out in our reception area unrefrigerated for hours until the party started. Nicole was a joy to work with, and I can’t tell you how many people told me that it was the best tasting wedding cake they had ever had. I was nervous that the cake would taste delicious during the tasting sessions but wouldn’t be as good on a large scale for the wedding itself, and honestly, I think it may have tasted even better at the wedding. It was moist, decedent, and not overpoweringly sweet. Thank you so much Nicole for giving us the wedding cake of my dreams!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/29/2019

Tiny Bites Option for the Win!

We used North Country Cakes for our wedding cake/dessert bar and I was so happy with the results! The tiny bites option was the best option for us and we were able to have a little bit of everything. Our guests kept raving about the salted caramel tartlets. The raspberry red velvet cake was awesome as well and we chose it for our cutting cake! Nicole was super nice and responsive- she was a pleasure to work with. You can tell she loves what she does! Overall, I would definitely recommend North Country Cakes!!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Mindy · Married on 09/01/2018

Nicole is amazing, super sweet, and an incredible baker! All of her cakes were delicious. She really listened to our needs and was always easy to work with (we wanted a stenciled image and flowers on our wedding cake). We live in the Burlington area and it was worth extending our cake search to find a place like North Country Cakes!

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • W

Wesley · Married on 07/20/2018

Nicole at North Country was fabulous. We first used her to make some maple cookies for our welcome bags. Guests loved them! Secondly, we used her for the cake. We gave her a fairly unique design concept, and she delivered a beautiful product. But as attractive as it was, the taste could not be beat. We had two different flavors. The first was maple, a natural for Vermont. It was very good; everyone enjoyed it. But the surprise hit was the Peach Bourbon Brown Sugar. It was devoured. We ran out very quickly of this flavor. People are still talking about how good the cake was. If you want a hit and no stress involved with your cake, we highly recommend Nicole.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Alex · Married on 05/26/2018

One of the must haves at our wedding was a dessert table and boy did Nicole and North Country Cakes deliver! We discovered North Country Cakes (NCC) at a Jay Peak wedding tasting and used NCC for both our wedding cake and dessert table. Nicole was easy to communicate with and responded quickly to our requests. The desserts themselves not only looked good but were delicious. Our white wedding cake with buttercream and raspberry jam was devoured. Many guests came up to me and said how the peanut brownies we had were some of the best desserts they ever had. I still think about (and wish I was still eating) her cookies (the molasses ginger, snickerdoodle and mint chocolate chip were all amazing). Nicole set up the entire dessert table before the reception and created a visually pleasing masterpiece. Well priced and flawlessly delivered!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/21/2018

We couldn't be more happy with our cake. Our whole wedding cake experience was wonderful- from the tasting to the actual wedding cake, it was perfect and just how we envisioned it. Besides the cake looking so sweet (no pun intended), it was DELICIOUS!!! It was so tasty- moist and not overly sugary tasting. Many guests complimented us on it and we so appreciated the little cake Nicole made for us to eat on our 1 year anniversary. Our wedding cake was beautiful and honestly the best cake we have ever eaten.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Tiffani · Married on 09/23/2017

Nicole is incredibly amazing at her craft! We ordered a two-tiered wedding cake, multiple dozen donuts and multiple dozen cupcakes! We were somewhat vague about what we imagined our cake looking like. We stated we hoped for a "naked" cake with fall flowers. Nicole completely exceeded expectations with our gorgeous cake. Not only was it beautiful, but unbelievably delicious! Our cupcakes were also perfect with our theme, and SO GOOD. We got so many compliments about the taste of our desserts. And don't even get us started on the donuts...they are unreal. We cannot wait to have a piece of our cake on our anniversary (and wish we would have frozen a donut too! :)).

Not only are Nicole's baking skills ridiculous, she also delivered the pastries and set them up on our cake stands so beautifully. We are so thankful that we found her. She is extremely kind, sweet, accommodating and communicative. She was also very flexible with our indecision about flavors and changing of numbers! Nicole also set up a tasting with multiple flavors of cake, cupcakes and donuts for us! It was a dream and so difficult to narrow down our flavors because they were all the best we had ever had.

If you are considering a baker in Vermont, look no further, Nicole is your girl :)

Sent on 10/10/2017

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

Nicole made us a delicious, beautiful, four-tier, GLUTEN-FREE wedding cake! As someone with Celiac disease, I have eaten a lot of terrible gluten-free products, but Nicole makes delicious, flavorful cakes with beautiful textures that also happen to be gluten-free. It was great to have a cake all of our guests loved -- and that I could actually eat! Nicole was easy to work with, flexible, affordable, and friendly. We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Abigail · Married on 09/10/2017

Best cake ever. Not only was it so beautiful but it tasted delicious as well. Nicole went above and beyond at making my dream wedding cake. If your looking for someone to make a beautiful tasty cake or treats Nicole is your girl.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Gretchen · Married on 09/09/2017

Nicole was so amazing to work with and her cake was just beautiful!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/09/2017

Nicole is fantastic to work with! We had a great experience from the time we met her until we were chowing down on all the delicious desserts!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Sara · Married on 08/26/2017

When we first saw Nicole’s portfolio and flavor list, we knew she was the baker for us. While we communicated first by phone, we found it easier to go back and forth over email and she was super responsive. She was so friendly and excited about the design of the wedding cake we wanted (naked cake with flowers to decorate), that it made us even more excited about the cake. We completely trusted her with our vision and only sent her a couple of pictures for inspiration. She was flexible in letting us bring our own cake stand (my dad made it) and our own cake topper (Dan made it). It was beyond anything I could have ever imagined! We LOVED the way our cake looked and it tasted AMAZING! (We aren’t even huge cake fans!) It was light and delicious, a cake that all our guests loved eating, even after drinking during the reception. Thank you, Nicole, for the wedding cake of our dreams! We can’t wait to order from you again... we just need another special occasion!
    -Sara & Dan Gladu

Sent on 10/23/2017

Allie · Married on 07/22/2017

We had a great experience working with Nicole. She was very responsive to emails and flexible on the cake size/flavor changes that we requested. Most importantly, the cake was delicious! Everyone raved about how good it was. Highly recommend North Country Cakes.

Sent on 07/29/2017

Working with North Country Cakes was a great experience! We planned a Vermont wedding from Maryland; Nicole was very responsive via email which made the process easy and worry free! Exceptional taste and quality and reasonably priced!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/06/2017

Nicole is amazing and her cupcakes and donuts are beyond phenomenal! We had her cater our wedding for dessert with donuts and cupcakes and everyone went crazy for them. She is very quick to respond with and does a beautiful and delicious job. She was on time and set up the display perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend her and all her delicious treats!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Eric · Married on 08/06/2016

Nicole, was such a pleasure to work with. She not only made us 3 of the most amazing cakes, she also made us our wedding favors. Our cakes were fig and hazelnut tiramisu, almond cake with choc and raspberry filling, and her german chocolate. Each one was amazing, so delicious and moist! We had so many compliments. She also made maple macaroons and raspberry choc french macaroons as our favors. People loved them. Nicole, also packaged our favors for us and set up our cakes beautifully with sugared fruit and flowers. Lastly, she offered us a few different cake stands to showcase our cakes. All were beautiful. I highly recommend Nicole. She communicates well and is very reasonably priced.

Sent on 08/15/2016

North Country Cakes's reply:

Thanks Eric (& Carrie!)-- it was so much fun to work on your three spectacular cakes!

We LOVED our wedding cake! North Country Cakes was so professional and easy to work with, plus she was very creative with the designs on our cake. It made our day all the more special!

Sent on 02/17/2017

North Country Cakes's reply:

Thank you-- it was such a joy to work on your creative wedding cake!!!
  • W

Whitney Elliott · Married on 08/09/2020

Our Dessert Bar was a hit!

Nicole was a pleasure to work with! The dessert bar at our wedding was a hit! 99% of the desserts were gone by the time we got to the cake cutting. Everything was absolutely delicious and the amount of variety is endless!

Sent on 10/03/2019