North Coast Orchestra Reviews

52 | Milwaukee, WI

52 Reviews for North Coast Orchestra

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2013

If you are in search of a wedding band that can play anything from swing and standards through the music of today, this is the band to book! We went with the nine piece band and they were incredible to say the least. ALL of our guests loved them (from age 9 to 90)! When chatting with our guests during the wedding, their first remark was "This band is amazing!". This was very important for us to hear, because we had guests traveling very far distances to celebrate with us.

The band and the manager are professional and flexible. The manager was always very prompt in responding to questions (via call or e-mail), even outside of normal business hours. We had trouble with some of the logistics with our venue site. The band worked hard to accommodate us, showed up extra early, and made sure we didn't have to worry about a thing. When we arrived everything was perfect. They were great at gauging the crowd during the whole night to select songs that will keep the dance floor packed. It is so nice to see excellent customer service has not completely gone away.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Karen · Married on 09/14/2013

The band rocked the place!!! When we first booked them we went to listen to them at a church festival and were so impressed that we couldn't wait until they would play at our wedding! They were professional, knew tons of songs, very entertaining and had the crowd going! They also dressed very appropriate for a wedding. I would highly recommend this band to anyone and if I ever had a need for a band such as an anniversary party they are number one!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Lindsay · Married on 08/24/2013

These guys were amazing. Everyone was on the dance floor. Everything was very straight forward and there were no surprises. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Andrew · Married on 08/17/2013

My wife and I heard this band at a friend's wedding a couple years back and knew then they were the band I wanted for ours.

North Coast is awesome! All professionals and able to play a wide variety of music from any decade.

Extremely easy and friendly to deal with, very reasonable prices for live music of this quality for an entire evening.

We loved having North Coast Orchestra play our wedding - they absolutely rocked! Our guests danced all night long and all had a blast!

Book them!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Kristina · Married on 08/17/2013

I can not say enough about how great Velocity was at our wedding and leading up to the day. We felt very strongly about wanting a band at our wedding, and I did a lot of research to find for the right one and at an affordable price. Velocity was extremely professional, helpful, and responsive. All my guests raved about their performance and quality of singing. Most of the time, you had to double check that they were the ones singing because it sounded just like the original recorded singers! The variety of songs and ranges were phenomenal, and definitely kept our guests dancing all night. They are very reasonably priced, and more than worth the money. I would recommend a band over a DJ any day, and Velocity would certainly be the band to hire.

Just a note on what we had at our wedding:
    We got the "Extreme Entertainment Package"
    This included: 1 hour solo piano for cocktail hour, 1.5 hours jazz trio for dinner, 7 piece band for 3.5 hours, DJ service during breaks, and uplighting

Sent on 08/28/2013

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2013

The band was AWESOME! My husband thought for sure that most of our guests from our small wedding(135) would leave after dinner and that no one would be out dancing to the band, himself included! But guess what?! The dance floor was packed from the first couple songs they played until the very last song! My husband was out there almost the entire night with me! My sister is a singer and even got up and sang one song with them! They had a nice progression from older classic songs to newer ones. Even my Dad was out dancing all night! It was great and if I did the wedding all over again, I would still have North Coast!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Maria · Married on 07/20/2013

Fabulous! Had North Coast for both mine and my sister's wedding and couldn't have been happier. They learned several songs in a quick turnaround time and are so much fun.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Loved this band! Received so many compliments from our guests. Having the horn section just set it over the top! If I had to do all over again I would not have changed a thing.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Keri · Married on 06/15/2013

Platinum provided the perfect mix of music for our entire wedding day. From Louis Armstrong for the ceremony, to big band and swing favorites for cocktails/dinner to Bruno Mars and more for dancing, we loved Platinum. They were great to work with from the beginning of the planning process right up to the day of the event. I highly recommend using Platinum or other ACA bands for your Madison event! They are worth every penny.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Brent · Married on 05/25/2013

You will always be part of our special day. The band was awesome.

Thank you!!

Sent on 05/29/2013

North Coast Orchestra was absolutely fabulous! Everyone was wondering where we found such amazing talent. Definitely a highlight of the evening!!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Amazing! So glad we went with North Coast Orchestra for our Milwaukee instead of a band from Chicago for twice the price. The band rocked the house and we got so many compliments on their performance.

Sent on 05/13/2013

Taryn · Married on 04/19/2013

Great Great Great! Everything about this band is wonderful! Would recommend to anyone! Great variety of music.

Sent on 04/23/2013

North Coast Orchestra's reply:

Thanks, Taryn! It was our pleasure!

Mary · Married on 02/23/2013

North Coast Orchestra was amazing!! Everyone was dancing at the wedding.

Sent on 02/27/2013

Mark · Married on 09/29/2012

We contracted Northcoast Orchestra for our daughter's wedding held at the Wisconsin Club. The whole process couldn't have gone smoother. The agency was very responsive in providing us with information regarding the cost and services we could expect. They provided us with information on where we could view the band ahead of time. As we got closer to the date, Matt made it easy to work with the band on planning our selections. We had everyone at the wedding wondering where we found the band - everyone figured they came from Chicago! The musicians were very professional and highly skilled. The music selections that were actually played fit right into the mood for the evening. I tend to rate the band based on the number of people still dancing at the end of the evening. I would estimate that 40-50% of our guests were still there on the dance floor til the end. I would highly recommend Northcoast Orchestra to anyone.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Alexandra · Married on 09/15/2012

After my sister had North Coast Orchestra play at her wedding, it was an easy decision to have them play at mine. They were very easy and great to work with. For both my sister and I, they were willing to learn a song to play for our first dances. They were very flexible to accommodate their set-up schedule so they wouldn't interfere with our cocktail hour in the same room. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fun, energetic band that will have your guests talking about them anytime they remember your wedding. Both lead singers have wonderful voices and the crowd loved them. Thanks North Coast!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Jacki · Married on 09/08/2012

This band literally made our wedding; they were fantastic! We want to get married again just so we can have an excuse to hire them again!

Sent on 10/01/2012
  • User2692020 · 2+ years ago

Fantastic band!!! They did a wonderful job for our wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 08/25/2012

We booked them through ACA entertainment. They were awesome!!!! They were great at communicating before our wedding and took requests during the evening. We had a very eclectic group at our wedding and everyone loved the music. Our wedding reception had a Frank Sinatra undertone and they performed all the Rat Pack songs we loved perfectly. I would highly recommend them for anyone who wants an awesome band at their wedding!

Sent on 09/28/2012

North Coast Orchestra's reply:

Thanks, Frank and Libby! It was absolutely our pleasure! Congrats to you!

Tim · Married on 11/02/2013

We have used North Coast Orchestra for both daughters weddings. They are awesome! Very responsive to our needs before the weddings & flexible about what songs they will/won't play. The dance floor was packed from beginning to end during both weddings. The guests couldn't say enough about how great the band was and neither can we! I would have them for another wedding, but I'm out of daughters! Maybe an anniversary?!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Cris · Married on 05/25/2013

These guys were the best, and really kept the reception going. All we heard from our guests were rave comments.

Sent on 05/28/2013
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2018

Fantastic Experience

We had a fantastic experience with North Coast Orchestra overall. There were a few hiccups with their payment process at the beginning when we were submitting our deposit and the receptionist didn't know what to do when we dropped off the final payment in person.. it was strange but taken care of after all. The only complaint I have is that we asked if they needed vendor meals and we provided them for the members arriving early to set up. But, we were told the rest of the band did not need any food. However, I later found out that they ate a lot of our late night appetizer/snack which they were not included in counts for since I was told they would not be consuming the catered food.
    As far as performance goes they were AMAZING. I cannot say enough how packed the dancefloor was and how many compliments we got on the band. After finding them online and only seeing promo videos we were hopeful they would be just as good in person - and they were better. The lead singers were phenomenal, they took ALL of our requests, they were so flexible to work with in the days leading up to the wedding AND they stayed a bit late and played a few extra songs. This was the best decision we made and it total made the entire reception. Do not think twice about booking them - they're phenomenal. If I could do it all over again I'd skip the dinner and just have them perform all night long!!!

Sent on 01/14/2019

The North Coast Orchestra performed at my daughter's 10/12/13 wedding. The bride and groom were more into swing mode and oldies, and the band accommodated them without a problem. Provided a lot of fun songs to dance to, and guests remarked how great they were.

They wore tuxedos as I requested, and looked very classy, also -- would definitely use them for a wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Beau · Married on 10/28/2017

North Coast Orchestra was wonderful at our wedding! They exceeded our expectations! I am a professional musician and was blown away with their performance - excellent song choices, well-rehearsed, great gear, professional set up, and much ease. Everyone at the wedding raved about them, and they had the whole party dancing all night! My only qualm (hence the 4/5 on flexibility and 4.5/5 on professionalism) is with regards to our first dance song. The song we chose is perhaps not as well known, so there is not readily available sheet music out there. As a result, they asked (about 2 weeks before the wedding) that we either pay to have someone chart the song, dance to the original recording (DJ style), or pick a different song. We ended up dancing to the recording; I appreciated the options but did not want to pay an additional fee to have the song charted. It was just one song, so it wasn't a big deal.

Sent on 11/15/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/17/2017

North Coast Orchestra was great! My wife and I are professional musicians, so we wanted a high quality group, and we got one! It's a little pricey, but well worth the money!

Sent on 07/06/2017