264 Reviews for Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister

Methodist (2)
Civil Union (1)
Customized Vows (1)
Presbyterian (1)

If you want a beautiful, sweet, and personalized ceremony, you have found your officiant! Barbara is the absolute best. From the second we met her we felt so comfortable and taken care of. The ceremony is such an important part and Barbara will tailor it to your needs and wants. We had so much fun meeting with her and designing our ceremony and she really took the time to get to know us and help us make our day special. She is a wonderful listener, has great input and suggestions and will make planning the ceremony an absolute breeze. She truly cares about her couples, their stories and puts so much time and effort into creating a perfect ceremony around that. Even though we knew it would be wonderful, Barbara still went above and beyond our expectations. All of our guests couldn't stop complimenting just how great she was! We adore her and are so thankful and blessed she was a part of our day.

Profile Picture Maggie, 5/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Barbara Lodge is a thoughtful and sweet lady:) Thanks a lot for her arrangement. My wife is still in the school of another state. The schedule is tight and not so flexible. Rev. Barbara helped us arrange the schedule very well. She is like a sweet mama and take care of things smoothly since we met her on the marriage day. We really appreciate her help and highly recommend her to the couples who plan to have marriage in RTP area.

Profile Picture Mo, 1/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Hiring Reverend Barbara Lodge was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! She completely customized our ceremony and made it very special for us. We did not want a generic ceremony and she spent a lot of time going over our options and readings with us to make it fit perfectly with our expectations. We are over the moon with how it turned out! Barbara is very kind and sincere, her calmness and direction helped me get through my vows and the ceremony itself. I couldn't imagine having anyone else! Thank you for everything!

Photo for Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister Review
Profile Picture Taylor, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Barbara Lodge was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. We were nervous about selecting someone with whom we had no previous relationship, but her warm demeanor alleviated those concerns immediately. Barbara is so kind and calm and will work with you to make sure the ceremony is exactly how you envisioned it. Our wedding party could not believe that we had not known Barbara for years with her level of customization and detail for our service. I would highly recommend using her as your officiant in the Triangle area!

Profile Picture Lennon, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We cannot commend Rev. Barbara Lodge highly enough. As it turns out, planning a wedding is quite an involved task, and Rev. Lodge was an expert at guiding us through every wend and wind of the ceremony.

Early on she provided us with a good portfolio of resources to learn about a lot of ceremony options, and from there helped us to craft the ceremony.

Things important to the bride that she was able to accommodate included an Lutheran Vows, Irish handfasting ceremony, and the same Irish blessing that the bride's parents used. She was even able to change some things at the last minute when we said we wanted to change the tone a little, and she did it quickly and expertly.

In terms of the ceremony itself Rev. Lodge is a consummate professional. Our wedding venue was Duke Chapel, and she was more than equal to the task of what I can only imagine must be a daunting venue. Her pacing was great, and her diction was clear and carried well for everyone to hear. Her use of subtle cues also helped to calm our nerves, too.

We received several compliments on our ceremony and how personal it was. In fact the father of the bride received a few phone calls the week after about how nice of an officiant Rev. Lodge was.

Profile Picture Ivy, 11/4/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Single Religion

Mrs. Lodge was a pleasure to work with! When we first met she treated us with a smile and welcomed us into her home as if we met before. She has a great heart and when we talked she fully listened to our story and for wife and I to be accepted for who we are was important! After our ceremony our guest spoke of how great she did! Absolutely love her!

Profile Picture Sylvetrice , 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Words cannot adequately describe how amazing Barbara is! She came recommended from our venue owner and I'm truly thankful she was available for our wedding. She is incredibly easy to work with and wrote us the most beautiful ceremony. She offers a bunch of options for your ceremony, but we went with the fully customized option. She is easy to get in touch with and very prompt with email responses. She takes the time to get to know you and who you are as a couple. Barbara has a true gift with words and we now have a ceremony we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Barbara Lodge was a dream to work with. She will make whatever ceremony the couple desires. During the rehearsal she had so many tips for how to remember the stages of the ceremony, we ended up needing all of her cues because we were an emotional mess the day of. She is really wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Zinter, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Methodist, Single Religion

Reverend Lodge is one of the sweetest people we have ever met. She will be there for you during every step of the marriage process. Before we even signed a contract, Rev. Lodge sat down with us and patiently explained how everything worked. She was easy to reach all the way up to the wedding. In the ceremony she helped us keep it together (lots of happy waterworks). Reverend Barbara Lodge has our highest recommendation!

Profile Picture Jonas, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination

We found Barbara on Wedding Wire and after meeting with her once, we knew she would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. She was so warm and easy to talk to that we knew she would do an amazing job. We met with her face-to-face twice and she put together a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted and very personal to us. She even had some great ideas to incorporate my grandma (who was unable to be there and was watching via live stream) in a fun and meaningful way. We can't thank her enough and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant!

Profile Picture Kendra, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbara was awesome!! She put everything together perfectly for our ceremony and I didn't have to worry about a thing. She helped us incorporate our children in a very special day and we were so impressed by how personable she made everything! I would definitely recommend her! :)

Profile Picture Emily, 9/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We found Barbara through Wedding Wire and are so pleased she was able to officiate our ceremony! We met with her at her house and she was so warm and welcoming. She was extremely responsive to all of our questions, both in person and through email. She was Very organized and strategic with how she went about the ceremony, but also personal. Her ample experience allowed her to guide us through the various decisions required to create the wedding ceremony, and she made many much appreciated suggestionshat we never would have thought of without her. The ceremony she wrote for us was so touching, and she was certainly a calming presence on our wedding day. Loved the entire experience!

Profile Picture Adriana, 9/7/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Barbara was amazing! She helped us every step of the way. She allows you to plan your perfect wedding ceremony. If you are creative, you can write your on vowels and wedding. If you are like me however, she gives you plenty of material to choose from. She gave us wonderful ideas to include our combined families as well. She is kind and compassionate, and it shows through in her ceremony!

Profile Picture Martha, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbara was great! This was a 2nd wedding for both of us, and she helped us figure out how to incorporate our children and make it a truly wonderful and intimate ceremony. She worked with us to personalize the ceremony so it really reflected US. She is also incredibly responsive via e-mail. Highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Stacey, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Such a wonderful officiant! From the second we met Barbara it felt like we had known her for years! She genuinely was interested in every detail of our ceremony and put into words what I never would have been able to express! Our wedding day was perfect!

Profile Picture Beth, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Lodge met all of our expectations for our wedding. She sat down with us to discuss the various options we had for our service, then answered any questions we had promptly through email. Rev. Lodge performed our service exactly as we hoped, and perhaps most importantly, she was a calming presence before the ceremony when nerves were running a bit high! We so appreciated her professionalism and would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Cassie, 6/24/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

I'm not sure what else I can say that would be any different from all the other glowing reviews. They're all right! Barbara is a very positive, warm, welcoming, easygoing person who is so easy to talk to and she genuinely wants you to have the ceremony that best reflects you. While we only did the basic ceremony, we had the religious portion taken out and she didn't even bat an eyelash. She has different vows that can all be personalized, which would be really fun if you wanted to get geeky, funny or romantic and really wow your guests.

Barbara's so informed about legal requirements, the background of wedding traditions and how the ceremony would run, which was comforting for me. She has a questionnaire to fill out to make sure she gets everything right, too, because she knows that this is your big day and she wants to make sure things are correct (like the pronunciation of less common names) and every little detail is perfect. She's very organized, which is great for occasionally scatterbrained brides like me, and she'll even dress in your wedding colors if possible to coordinate with your wedding party so your pictures look even better. She's so very happy to be part of your big day, which just adds to the happiness and excitement of the day, and I recommend her 100%!

Profile Picture Dia, 5/26/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Rev. Barbara Lodge was the perfect choice for our wedding! She invites you to her home, walks you through the options, and works with you to create the perfect ceremony. We didn't have much of a vision for our ceremony walking in and were worried about choosing someone to perform our wedding that didn't have a personal relationship with us previously, but she alleviated those worries immediately upon our meeting. She is warm and welcoming and makes the ceremony reflect you 100%. She offers advice and listens to input to make sure you are happy with the message and feeling of the ceremony. She is professional, prompt, and thorough in all her communication. We received innumerable compliments about the ceremony afterwards! I cannot recommend her enough!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Barbara Lodge provides an amazing personalized wedding ceremony to fit your desires and needs. She helps you through the entire process. She is totally professional, personable and easy to work with and puts you mind at ease as you plan and have your ceremony. I would highly recommend Rev Lodge if you are looking for an officiant for your ceremony. She is the best!

Profile Picture Nelson, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbara was awesome! The first time we met with her, she was very warm and friendly, and was very clear about her services. She was completely professional and led our rehearsal. She was very prepared, and totally listened to what we wanted and needed from her on our wedding day. I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/1/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Non-religious

Barbara was amazing to work with! She really listened to what my husband and I wanted for our ceremony and made it easy for us to plan out our ceremony with her. When I had a million things going on, she would also kindly remind of things we had forgotten about, which was great because I knew nothing would slip through the cracks with her. As one of the biggest moments of the day, I could have not wished for a better ceremony or officiant. Thank you, Barbara!

Profile Picture User6478559, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbara is amazing!! Her personal attention to detail and caring demeanor allows a couple to completely relax around her and be yourselves. I would highly recommend booking her services.

Profile Picture Devon, 12/31/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Reverend Lodge couldn't have been more wonderful to work with. She is professional, caring, responsive, and felt like a member of our own family. She took the time to get to know us and our story, and created a ceremony that was completely personal and unique. We had a few special elements, including a song, ritual, and reading, that she wove in beautifully, and the ceremony that she created represented us and our story so perfectly it really blew us away. From start to finish, she made creating our ceremony a natural and fun process, and was so organized with resources to help us think about what aspects we wanted to include (and others we didn't). At the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, she was a calming, reassuring presence, and helped us really be present and enjoy this incredible moment. The ceremony was the highlight of our wedding day (which is saying a lot, because it was stellar from start to finish!) and so many guests told us how moved they were by the entire thing. I'm so glad that we had Reverend Lodge as our officiant, and I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Virginia, 12/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, No Denomination, Non-religious

Barbara is absolutely amazing!!! She worked with us to make our ceremony reflect who we are and it was perfect. She is the nicest person and I never once felt uncomfortable or nervous with her. I couldn't have asked for anything more and I'm so glad she was a part of our wedding team.

Profile Picture Tina, 11/5/16, 5 Reviews