North Carolina Museum of History Reviews

Rating 3.9 out of 5, 4 Reviews
View more information

3.9

• User2204785 2+ years ago
    We absolutely loved having the museum as our venue for our June wedding. The lobby was completely transformed to a beautiful reception. The museum staff was incredibly helpful and wonderful to work with, both in the planning and the day of. All of our guests (including my new husband and I!) loved the uniqueness of the location. Would recommend to any bride!!

North Carolina Museum of History's reply:

Thank you!!!!!!
  • User1108658 2+ years ago
    Absolutely stunning venue for a wedding reception! Middle aged guests labeled it elegant; younger generation found it cool! We had 180 in the lobby for a buffet wedding reception with 23 tables. It was plenty spacious with room for the DJ and a dance floor. The information desk served as a bar. Lighting in the evening was lovely with drop down lights. A security guard is in the building at all times, ensuring security inside and out for guests. Cheri Williams, the events coordinator, is a gem to work with! She is knowledgable, familiar with many wedding vendors, knows what works and what doesn't, and is highly available for responses to every question imaginable. At the end of the evening, a sendoff for the bride and groom with sparklers is spectacular! Highly recommend this lovely museum!
    Meredith Married on 06/20/2009
    We used the Museum of History as our reception venue and it was gorgeous. The only slight problem is that it is expensive. They provide tables, but you have to rent their chairs or chairs from other another rental place. You have to go through approved venue lists for your vendors, but they are all very reputable.
    Tiffani Married on 02/27/2010
    I used this location for my reception. This was the WORST night of my life! The fire alarm went off during my reception. It was a false alarm. There was NO back up plan and my 160+ guests stood outside in the cold February night waiting to go back inside. Most of my guests left. I only have 20-30 that stayed. The wouldn't allow us to bring chairs (that I rented from somewhere else - I didn't use their chairs) outside for my great aunts to be able to sit down. We were outside for almost 2 hours waiting for their electrician to get there and turn the alarm off. It totally ruined my night. All the planning, all the money, for NOTHING! Eventually, I got my money back but it was only for the rental of the unit. Most of the food was thrown away as was most of the cake because there wasn't anywhere there to eat it.