Nonantum Resort Reviews

Nonantum Resort 5
Nonantum Resort 6
Nonantum Resort 7

Mallory · Married on 07/04/2010

The Nonantum Resort was an amazing place to have our July 4th wedding! Every aspect of the day was perfect because of them. The Ceremony, Cocktail hour, dinner, and fireworks were perfect. We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 08/08/2010

Erica · Married on 10/07/2016

It would be very hard to top this venue! Between the amazing staff, beautiful location, and delicious food and drinks, you can't go wrong!! I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else. Dawn and the staff were a dream come true and made this day extra special for our families and friends! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone !

Sent on 10/12/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

We were married at the Nonantum Resort in October of 2017. We had a fabulous wedding and it really couldn't have gone any better. We had both our ceremony and reception on site and it was a day that we and many of our guests will always remember. Dawn Blystone at the Nonantum was our day of wedding coordinator. Dawn's attention to detail was incredible. We planned our wedding from California and Dawn made it feel like we were right there with her. She was incredibly responsive and professional through the entire planning process and made it very easy for us. On the day of the wedding, Dawn made sure all the details were taken care of and we did not have to worry about a thing that day.

In addition to Dawn, the entire staff was incredible from the day we first saw the Nonantum to the day after our wedding, we felt loved, special and at home there.

Along with the beautiful grounds, renovated and charming old resort, the food was another highlight. Our guests raved about the Lobster pot pie and are still talking about it 5 months later. The food at our wedding and throughout the weekend was amazing. Brunch is delicious and was another highlight for all of our out of town guests.

I would highly recommend the Nonantum to any friend looking to get married in Kennebunkport. If we could do it all over again, we would and we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 02/26/2017

kerry jimmy · Married on 08/07/2016

We wanted a venue that had a beautiful, nautical, ceremony area on the water, and a nice reception space, hotel, able to do 150 people. We had a hard time finding a New England venue that fit our vision and budget too. We were glad that one of our last appointments was to visit The Nonantum. Tim Ames, the venue salesman, met us there in January when the venue was closed for the off-season. Even though the summer town of Kennebunkport was quiet and cold, and the venue was closed up and dark, we knew that we wanted our August wedding there. The facilities were beautiful, nautical and quaint: perfect for us beach lovers. Luckily, we found out that having our wedding there on a Sunday as opposed to a Saturday could help us budget-wise. Some unique things about the Nonantum: Firstly, they charge food by the plate instead of by what is offered, allowing you to give your guests many food options. They do food tastings privately with your family members too. Secondly, having the wedding coordinator be from the wedding venue was super helpful. Third, included in the price for the wedding is a trolley that will bring the wedding guests to a local brew pub for a wedding after party. Fourth, the venue works closely with a local charter sailboat that can sail the wedding party into the ceremony. (How cool is that?) And finally, there is a cute little lighthouse at the ceremony site. This sealed the deal for us! Tim Ames, the salesman and our wedding coordinator, was always willing via email, phone, and even facebook, to answer questions we had during our wedding planning process. The wedding day itself was nothing short of a dream. The staff met our expectations, and we had some specific ones. The food was served hot and delicious and in a timely manner. Many guests have said that our wedding is the best one they have been to, and we believe them.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Amazing venue, VERY friendly staff, very flexible staff, delicious food :) Would definitely recommend to another bride/groom! PERFECT WEDDING!!!

Sent on 10/15/2015

My husband and I had a wonderful experience from start to finish working with the staff at The Nonantum Resort. They made our wedding day even more magical.

Sent on 01/10/2015

Rebecca · Married on 08/09/2014

From the moment my husband and I saw the Nonantum Resort back in August 2013, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. It is an absolute gorgeous location with views of the Kennebunk River. Also the landscaping and grounds are impeccable and just lovely. My husband and I also loved the fact that it is a family resort, which was great for our families with lots of young children. In addition, the staff was so friendly and accommodating and made us feel welcomed during our stay. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple considering having their wedding there!.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Kevin and Jill · Married on 07/25/2014

We can't be happier with how our wedding day went at the Nonantum Resort. My wife found the resort just driving through town and without an appointment Tim Ames took her on a tour immediately and answered any questions she had. Tim was great to work with and even gave us a break on our costs due to a financial set back. Tim made sure that we knew we mattered. I was very impressed to see how important our day seemed to matter to Tim and the rest of the staff. We visited some venues that made us feel this was just another wedding in their books. Tim and his staff made us, and our guests, feel completely at home. Tim was never more than a quick phone call or email away.

The only issue we had was with some of the decorations. There was some confusion on both parts, but it did nothing to spoil the day. Tim was still able to make our night flow very well and look beautiful. He was very accommodating to just about any request we had. We even got to have a cigar bar, which was a huge hit!

Thank you so much to Tim and the rest of the staff at the Nonantum Resort for making our day perfect.

Jill and Kevin Horan

Sent on 09/29/2014

Heather · Married on 05/18/2008

The nonantum was amazing for our wedding. We held the ceremony as well as the reception on site. The ceremony was very nice, all set up and clean up was provided by the site. The best and most valued service of the Nonantum was by far our wedding cordinator, Dawn. She was great from start to finish. She made sure everything went smoothly and exactly how I as the bride wanted it. The food was amazing, and they were very flexible as to what we wanted. The cost is a bit much but included all of the services we needed for our big day.

Sent on 07/31/2008

Hillary · Married on 09/18/2010

4.2

The Nonantum provided the most beautiful location in Kennebunkport for our wedding. Tim and the Nonantum staff were consistently open to our ideas for our wedding throughout the entire process. I was especially happy to work with the Nonantum Chef, Steve True, who was as excited to put together our menu as we were.

Sent on 10/05/2010

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

The Nonantum resort was a beautiful location for my New England wedding. The food was amazing and the day went off without a hitch.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Andrew · Married on 09/09/2017

3.4
      1.0
      3.5

Let me start out by saying that our wedding was absolutely stunning. The Nonantum was a perfect location, and every detail was jaw-dropping. From the cocktail hour outside, the team setting up our tables and linens, to the incredible photo ops...it was awesome. Every member of the staff went above and beyond to enhance our experience every time we stayed on site. They made us feel like royalty! The Nonantum has become such a special place for my wife and I, and we plan to visit the rest of our lives.

Now, the wedding planning process was a different story. It's hard to say, because the staff was really kind, but it really put a bad aftertaste in our mouths. We planned our wedding from across the country, so communication was extremely important to us. When reaching out to our wedding coordinator, we rarely received any communication back. With so many details to arrange, it was hard to feel comfortable in the process. And after the wedding, when finalizing the contract, they realized they misquoted us by $4000. Never a fun conversation to have. So I guess long story short, if you are planning to get married at the Nonantum, it's worth hiring your own wedding planner.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Nonantum Resort's reply:

With the utmost respect to the couple in the above review, I believe an accurate response is warranted. I was the event planner for this wedding. When the original event planner took an offer of employment at another venue that would advance her career, I offered to step in and work with this couple. I adore them both. The wedding contract that was signed and agreed upon required a $25,000 minimum for the event. They were also required to provide a $4,000 deposit to move forward, which they did. Unfortunately during the input of data, two deposits of $4,000 were recorded when in fact only one was taken. In the end, they met their minimum exactly and all charges reflected the original contract agreement which they signed for and agreed upon.
    When payment was due, at the conclusion of their wedding, they believed we should credit them $4,000 because it was listed as an $8,000 deposit even though that money was never taken from their accounts. I tried to explain, as did the owner of Nonantum, that it in no way had they been overcharged for their event minimum. In reference to the event planner (me) not communicating during the planning process. I answered every email, phone call, text message and provided my cell phone months in advance and asking them to call me with any question or concern. I had numerous conference calls at work and at home. Every question was answered in a timely fashion. On the evening of their wedding, they both stopped me with tears and hugs declaring that it was the most wonderful wedding thanks to me. The following morning, as I was touring with another prospective couple, the groom interrupted our tour to extol all the many benefits of working with me and hosting a Nonantum wedding. I have great affection for this couple and I too look forward to their many returns in the future. I didn't feel their view accurately conveyed the time, effort and dedication that went into executing their event. I wish them well.