Noms by Nikki Reviews

2 | Ashburn, VA

2 Reviews for Noms by Nikki

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2012

We had a great experience with Nikki. She was really easy to work with throughout the planning process and very reasonably priced. We decided to have cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake and she helped us choose which flavors and frostings went well together without being overbearing. Oh, and the cupcakes were delicious!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Erin · Married on 04/28/2012

I had a wonderful experience working with Nikki to create the perfect wedding cake! I was her first wedding cake, but, I'd had a number of her "noms" in the past and knew she would do a wonderful job.

I gave Nikki some additional information about what I was looking for and also shared a pinterest board with her so she could see the styles I liked. Then, she prepared our tasting which was 8 different types of cake and a bunch of different icings. She walked us through her recommended pairings (and was very patient while I tried and re-tried every combination).

The end product was beautiful. We had a small 3-tier cake and 2 large sheet cakes (to serve ~210 people). We ended up with 4 combos: vanilla with almond buttercream (my personal favorite), spice cake with pumpkin spice buttercream filling and cream cheese buttercream, red velvet with cream cheese buttercream, and devils food cake with vanilla buttercream. The cake decor was simple since we chose to decorate the cake with flowers (which our florist took care of). She took care of selecting a cake platter.

We've received a ton of compliments on how much people enjoyed the cake. I can't recommend working with Nikki enough if you're looking for a yummy, one of a kind, wedding cake creation!!

Sent on 05/13/2012