NJOY Event Planning Reviews

38 | Stowe, VT

38 Reviews for NJOY Event Planning

Charles · Married on 09/20/2014

Nancy and her team were a great help, from my perspective as caterer for a wedding at the Lakeview Inn in Greensboro. They were at all times professional, cheerful, and organized. It was a pleasure to have them orchestrating the event so effortlessly.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Catherine · Married on 09/20/2014

Nancy and her staff were superb professionals who took care of every detail to make this wedding a lovely, festive and enjoyable event. I would not hesitate to highly recommend Njoy to anyone contemplating a wedding. From start to finish, the event went off without a hitch. Nancy was able to source vendors who provided just the right touches to make this wedding a most special Vermont experience. I look forward to working with her again very soon.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Working with Nancy was one of the best decisions we made regarding our daughter's wedding. The bride and groom had to travel for a work commitment, with the couple 2300 miles away we realized we needed help. From the first very long phone call we knew Nancy would be able to handle whatever came along. Every vendor referral Nancy gave was great. Our daughter is a perfectionist and had a strong vision of how the wedding should be. Nancy is extremely organized and made our daughter's "vision" come together. Nancy has wonderful calligraphy and addressed all the invitations as well as the place cards.

In the final days Nancy helped us with a few last minute vendor questions and with our shuttle bus routes. She set up signs in a very rural area of VT to help our guests (and the shuttle bus drivers).
    When the officiant's plane was delayed Nancy helped us at the rehearsal, basically setting up the ceremony until he arrived.

The day of the wedding Nancy and her staff worked all day and well past midnight handling the set up, the details required by the bride and coordinated all the vendors. She did errands, picking up ice for our raw bar, running to pick up lunch for the bridal party and some fresh baked desserts for the reception. Nancy was able to provide everything we needed and anticipated there could be some items we hadn't thought about. She was correct, she brought and set up several lanterns along the walkways because she realized there wasn't enough light. Everything was beautiful, the bride and groom appreciated Nancy's effort.

The day (and night) of the wedding Nancy did her work in a quiet and efficient manner, she stayed out of the way but the second we needed her she was right there. She is very professional and seems to seem to have a keen intuition.

Absolutely nothing went wrong, everything went as planned. Working with Nancy allowed us to enjoy the wedding without worry. We were able to relax, it was a wonderful family celebration.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Excellent and caring. Precisely the kind of person every MOB needs to carry off a superb event!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Natalie · Married on 08/02/2014

Nancy was great. She was responsive, calm, kind. and organized everything perfectly. I have no idea what we would have done without her. Definitely highly recommended.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Emma · Married on 06/28/2014

Words cannot really express what an amazing wedding planner Nancy is! I had the wedding of my dreams and know that it was in large part due to Nancy’s organizational skills, wonderful aesthetic sense, and boundless energy! From the beginning, Nancy made the wedding planning process more manageable. She helped me determine what my priorities were, how to stay within my budget, and how to stay as organized as possible.

My wedding was held on a friend’s property near Toronto, Ontario in the Caledon Hills. We had an outdoor ceremony and rented a marquis for our reception. Nancy was incredible during the days leading up to my wedding in which everything needed to be built from the ground up. She knew exactly what needed to be done and the timeframes for all the working parts. There is no way we would have been able to get everything done just the way we wanted it without Nancy as our captain. Nancy was prepared for any situation. For instance, she came equipped with beautiful, large white umbrellas which saved our guests from the scorching heat during our outdoor ceremony.

Nancy understood my vision for the wedding and helped me execute it with aplomb. From helping to design a gorgeous dessert table to artfully hanging paper lanterns, each detail was made more beautiful because of Nancy’s excellent crafting skills and good taste.

Nancy’s tireless efforts and professionalism exceeded all of my expectations. I could not have had my dream wedding without her. Thank you!!!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Caroline · Married on 06/28/2014

Nancy from NJoy Events was an amazing resource and wedding planner. It was my daughter's wedding and she walked us through every possible scenario to make sure we had the best wedding possible. She spent many hours getting to know us and discussing all our dreams, wishes and ideas. The catering company and servers found her very helpful and resourceful. Our day was everything we could of imagined and we thank Nancy for her skilful guidance and expertise. As mother of the bride I was so happy to have her through all the planning, setup and the day itself. She knew how we should pace ourselves the day before and for the wedding, She was able to keep our excitement high and our anxiety low which is due to her enthusiasm, experience at countless weddings, wonderful sense of order and her serenity. We had an out door wedding and she thought of everything...our white [ in case it rained] umbrellas became welcome sun parasols. I didn't think it was possible but I was able to relax and just enjoy our magical day under Nancy's care. Thank you so much Nancy.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Sheila · Married on 08/11/2013

My husband and I have nothing but incredibly positive things to say about our experience with Nancy! When we first met Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer, we gave her our daughter's "unique" vision of what she wanted her wedding to be, and she made that vision become reality, in the most spectacular way possible. She was able to structure the various components of the wedding events which spanned over three days, was tirelessly attentive to detail, could seamlessly integrate her work with that of the other vendors, and seemed to be able to anticipate every possible situation - this all combined to make our daughter's wedding an absolutely magnificent and memorable experience. Our daughter and son-in-law live overseas, and the wedding was to be here in Vermont - so that necessitated much coordination, especially since our daughter was only home for one visit during the year-long planning process - Nancy was also able to work within the constraints of a bride & groom living 10,000 miles away! Nancy is most definitely a "joy" to work with.

Sent on 12/07/2013

Meredith · Married on 09/29/2012

I cannot possibly recommend Nancy and her team highly enough! My husband and I thought that we wanted a simple wedding and weren't even sure that we needed help with the planning. Boy, were we wrong! Looking back, I honestly don't know how we possibly could have pulled it off without her. First, we had no idea how many details actually went into even seemingly simple weddings, but also having her immense experience and unbiased opinions turned out to be completely invaluable to both the two of us and our families throughout the whole process. Not to mention the sheer number of details and decisions that just never would have occurred to us.

Nancy is truly the most organized person I've ever met (and this is coming from someone who is admittedly OCD!). Because of that she is literally prepared for absolutely any scenario, be it inclement weather, wildlife, vendor issues or just family drama, to name a few.

She clearly comes to the table with no personal agenda other than making sure that you and your guests are happy and having a blast throughout the whole event. That was so clear to both my husband and I, as well as many of our guests who commented on it afterwards. She goes so above and beyond in every way to ensure that your wedding is everything you dreamed of, and so much more. Hiring Nancy and N'Joy was truly the best decision we made. Can't recommend enough! :-)

Sent on 12/31/2016

Ann · Married on 08/15/2009

Nancy was AMAZING!!!!! I don't know how she does all that she does but thankfully she was working for us. We started working with Nancy right when we started the wedding planning process and she helped us to organize all our ideas/details and get the proper things done when they needed to be. If we had a problem with another vendor Nancy would handle it for us. Nancy was present at every meeting that we went to with other vendors even after having a run in with some nasty bees(she still was there with a smile on). Our wedding day ran smoothly and was everything we imagined all thanks to Nancy and her amazing skills. We wish that we could get married over and over again just to work with Nancy again!!! If you are planning a wedding or upcoming party it would be in your best interest to contact Nancy....you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 08/31/2009
  • Josh

Josh · Married on 08/24/2019

From big to small they make it happen!

Nancy and team made our special day AMAZING! We could not have done it without her. There was so much to be done and her team made it look easy, allowing us to truly enjoy the day. From coordinating vendors to recruiting a team to move chairs around they were on top of it all. From the big picture to the tiny details she made it happen. It felt truly magical. Thank you thank, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 08/27/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Josh and Chris, Thank you for your kind words. May you awaken each day to find the same look in each other's eyes that you saw on your spectacular wedding day! We wish you joy and love and peace for all the days of your lives. Much Love, Nancy and the NJOY Team!

Jason · Married on 08/03/2019

Nancy was a huge part of our perfect day!

We breathed a huge sigh of relief the moment we signed our contract with Nancy for day-of coordination for our wedding. Just knowing she was going to run the show on the big day was a huge weight lifted off from our shoulders and took a lot of stress out of the planning process for us. Nancy has been doing this for a long time and has great answers to all of your questions, including recommendations for vendors and great advice you don't even know you need. A couple of weeks before the wedding we had a dress emergency and she guided us through it and found someone to solve the problem immediately. On the day of the event she was there bright and early through the end of the night giving it her all. She was a huge part of making the best day of our lives perfect in every way!

Sent on 10/12/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear Jason and Sarah, Your kind words mean so much - thank you for taking your time and thoughtfulness to write this review. I am SO happy that we solved the "dress shark fins" debacle, and that you have now become quite the expert in "puddling", among many other probably never to be used again skills. I vividly remember, and will always treasure, an image of the two of you dancing near the end of your reception, completely enraptured in love and a tender embrace. It is moments like that when I know I have chosen the exact right career. Love to you both!

kirsten · Married on 05/27/2017

We were planning a 2 day weekend with 2 events with a guest count of 250+, which for Vermont is a big ask. To add to that, the 9 months leading up to the wedding we're spent long distance planning from London. Having Nancy as our "boots on the ground" really helped make our event excellent. She helped give us peace of mind that we wouldn't have to worry about the little details once we arrived. As such an experienced planner she has great connections and relationships with many vendors in the central Vermont so you can feel comfortable with her working directly with them to execute and manage all of the details. With the weather a big variable, Nancy made sure we had back up plans around everything, making sure nothing would stop us from having the perfect day. If you're planning a high end wedding, Nancy and the team at NJoy can help make your event stress free and beautiful.

Sent on 07/08/2017