Nilka Gissell Photography Reviews

Nilka Gissell Photography 5
Nilka Gissell Photography 6
Nilka Gissell Photography 7

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2012

I even asked for a special pose for a picture, with my husband, and she was able to make a beautiful photo. Thanks!!

Sent on 02/11/2013
  • Z

Zulaida · Married on 07/28/2012

highly recommended!!!! very professional!!! excelent service and photos.

Sent on 10/07/2012

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Thank you for your words, Zulaida!

Muy muy complacida, super facil para trabajar, fotos espectaculares, trato increible!!!

Sent on 08/22/2012

:D ¡gracias!!

Nilda Rosa · Married on 07/14/2012

Nilka Gissell is a great photographer. She has the ability to capture special moments and details sometimes ignored by others. For me, those are the moments that remain in the mind for ever. Also, she is very friendly, responsible and respectful, important characteristic for a professional photographer.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Thanks for your words Nilda!! You have such a beautiful family! It was a great honor to be there and capture those moments.
  • I

Irving · Married on 07/07/2012

Mi esposa y yo estamos realmente complacidos con los servicios fotográficos de Nilka Gissell durante nuestra Boda y Cena. Su excelente profesionalismo, honradez, responsabilidad y gran gusto, nos hacen recomendarla incondicionalmente. Su trabajo es simplemente EXCELENTE !!!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Irving, ¡gracias por tus palabras! :D Personas como tu y Yannahí hacen que ame aún más mi trabajo.
  • O

olga · Married on 06/15/2012

Nosotros contratamos a la fotografa Nilka Gisell para la celebracion de los quince de mi hija Christie el dia 2 de junio de 2012. Ella es una excelente profesional, conoce muy bien su trabajo, es responsable y te da la orientacion necesaria para que tus fotos queden de show. Va mas alla de tus espectativas. De verdad la recomendare toda mi vida. Sus fotos asi lo dicen. Nunca imagine que una fotografa fuera tan profesional como lo es ella. Cumplio cabalmente con gran sentido de puntualidad. Ya el album de los quince de mi hija estuvo en menos de dos semanas, sorprendiendonos aun mas de lo que habia demostrado en su trabajo. La conoci a travez del facebook, viendo sus fotos, la llame y la contratamos. Fue muy comodo trabajar con ella, ya que es un ser humano sencillo y pausada. Sabe escuchar a sus clientes.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Kathleen · Married on 07/24/2011

Beyond our Engagement Pictures Album, Nilka (and her quaint crew) provide us with ESSENTIAL make-up tips, quality images and a pleasant atmosphere which (despite the heat of the Caribbean!) were reflected on our comfort and laughter thru the whole album.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Sebastian · Married on 06/06/2011

Great service, very professional and excellent quality!!! I'm very pleased with Nilka's work and service. We have used her photo shoot in various promotions and articles.

Sent on 08/04/2011
  • Y

Yarines · Married on 07/11/2010

The wedding day goes by the blink of an eye, and when you look backwards it seems like a dream. That’s why Nilka’s work was so special for us, because it captures every single detail of that day, even those that we didn’t remember. It was a pretty rough day because of the hour of the ceremony (very early in the morning) and the heat. Even though, the pictures are unbelievable. She met all our expectations, since we didn’t want our wedding pictures to be the traditional ones; we want to capture the essence of that special day and her flexibility as a photographer was the key to achieve that.

Sent on 07/26/2011

n · Married on 11/07/2015

1.4
      0.5

* Nilka did show up on time did FULL 8 HOURS ( 2-10pm).
    * I CRIED when i saw the photos because they were SO BAD.I NEVER FELT UGLIER.
    * DOES NOT EDIT any PHOTOS. You get what you get,the rest is up to you.
    * in almost every picture the wedding party is cut off at the knees .
    * DOES NOT CAPTURE MOMENTS JUST TAKES PICTURES.
    * DOES NOT give any direction ( head up,shoulders back etc.
    * I was hunched over in about 80% of the pictures at no time did she say "can you sit up,i can see down your dress."
    *Does NOT angle her camera. I LOST 25 lbs for my wedding ! I never looked BIGGER in a picture,than in the ones SHE took! my husband said " don't cry honey...at least in person, you didn't look like you did in those pictures." my mother said "wow ... you would think you were so much HEAVIER looking at these pictures ,it LOOKS like you GAINED WEIGHT for the wedding."
    *had an ENTIRE HOTEL and OUT DOORS for pics, EVERY photo of groomsmen was in the SAME spot with the same green EXIT SIGN behind them!
    *so many pictures ruined by PEOPLE IN BACK ROUND she didn't feel the need to ask them to step aside for her to get a clear shot of me.
    *The beautiful framed picture of my DEAD GRANDMOTHER was surrounded by dirty makeup brushes,a cup of juice and hair extensions the girls didn't use IN THE PIC !
    *The photo of all the bridesmaid dresses was so MESSY. tags were out,dresses were crooked on hangers,some belts were on some off,she took the pictures just like that,didn't fix not one thing!
    * it poured the night of the wedding Nilka offered to take photos outside the following day,i declined because hair and makeup would not have been the same and my dress was dirty. I ran about 45min behind, that is no excuse for such bad pictures.I emailed nilka with my list of complaints. she told me she has a certain photography style thats why my pictures looked that way. she offered another short session IF I EVER go back. i'm so sad i had aprox. 16 OKAY pics OUT OF aprox. 671.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

It is sad when an individual hurts a business because of unrealistic expectations and complexes and goes as far as informing things that are not real or didn't occur. Please read my other 39 reviews of happy clients that have said otherwise on regards to my services.
    Just to get a grasp of the event, and the unrealistic expectations of the bride, first of all, this was a 6 hour event coverage, not a full 8 hour wedding as stated by the client. Moreover, this was an extremely rainy day thus the lack of outdoor images. Also, the wedding had no coordination and lacked a wedding planner. In addition, it got delayed over an hour. The bride didn’t get ready in one of the hotel rooms, it was a messy empty salon. The groom getting ready room was too crowded and messy to be used for getting ready images, even though the client was adviced on regards to keeping an organized area for their preparation photos.
    Also, I would like to point out a few things on why things probably didn’t go as the client planned. First of all, my artistic style is photojournalistic in nature as it is stated on my website. With this approach things are documented as they happen and occur naturally. This by default means my style is unobtrusive and we do not intervene much on having directed photos trough the wedding day, and things are capture as they happen. I will not interrupt the ceremony or reception.
    On regards to the editing of the images, I’m afraid it was specified in the agreement that retouching of the photos is image sharpening, color, contrast, brightness, saturation, and cropping adjustments. I’m sad the client had expectations of photoshop type editing when this was already specified in the agreement.
    I worked the best I could given the circumstances of the day. I know how much the client wanted certain pictures and that’s why I offered a session next day at no cost, which sadly the client declined.