Niko's Landing Banquet Center Reviews

74 | Kalamazoo, MI

74 Reviews for Niko's Landing Banquet Center

Michelle · Married on 12/29/2017

Great venue with excellent service! :) extremely accommodating! Our wedding ceremony was done much faster than anticipated and Nikos was able to accommodate everything!

Kim · Married on 12/02/2017

Niko’s Landing made our day true amazing! Everything was just how we imagined it. The staff were so helpful and friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate. The facility was clean and well stocked for our needs. The food was great and presented very nicely. We loved the option of having the carving station! We were initially concerned about having our ceremony and reception in the same room however They Had plenty of staff ready to tear down after the ceremony that It made a nice quick transition to our reception/ cocktail hour.
    The staff were there several hours ahead of time so our DJ could set up in advance and they made many accommodations to allow us time to set up and decorate. All of our guests raved how wonderful everything was and our photograhers said it was the most photogenic venue they had photographed! We would definitely highly recommend Nikos Landing for your next event!

Sara · Married on 06/24/2017

Amazing venue and customer service! I'm so glad we chose Niko's. Keith was so great to work with and was incredibly flexible. He made the ceremony and reception run flawlessly and the staff was great! The food tasted great and was displayed beautifully. Everyone had a great experience. Would definitely recommend!

Brenden · Married on 09/24/2016

Absolutely amazing experience! Shannon did a fabulous job ensuring that we had everything we needed. Food was amazing, bartender was amazing, and the entire night was perfect! My wife and I could not of asked for a better venue for our special day!

Adelita · Married on 09/16/2016

Niko's Landing is a little hidden gem! Shannon is wonderful, very responsive to all my phone calls and emails! The staff the day of the event were just wonderful! We had our ceremony and reception at Niko's and they made the transition so simple. I have a few other friends getting married and are so stressed because of all the vendors they have to get and the hidden costs they keep coming up with. With Niko's Landing we didn't have to worry about this, they handled it all!! We had appetizer, buffet with 3 meats, late night buffet and a premium open bar and we added an hour to our rental time all for about $6,000.

The food quote from my friend "best food she had ever had at an event" They saved us appetizers because we were so busy with things. They even made sure I had one piece of each flavor of my cake! At one point I could not get away to get a drink and Shannon noticed and came up to me and said "I think you have been wanting this" that is service!!!

We had an open bar and so many people told me how wonderful the bartender was, they didn't have to wait in long lines and all their drinks were done right! She was willing to make what ever my guests wanted!

At the end of the night we took the little bit of decorations we bought in and the Niko's Landing team did the rest so we didn't have to stay and clean up!

We couldn't of found a better place to have our wedding and if you have been looking at other places, simply stop and contact Niko's Landing you will not be sorry!!!

A few comments we received from our quests. "The staff was so friendly and when we needed something they were on it" "Late Night buffet, was perfect and what we needed because we didn't go home hungry" "What an intimate and pretty location, so relaxing" " What a smooth wedding, it all just flowed and no slow moments" "We don't have to stay and clean, yes (haha, my maid of honor)" "I think I am in love with the bartender, she knows how to make the perfect drink"

Sara · Married on 08/06/2016

Our guests were very impressed with the venue's beautiful scenery. It's not often there is a reception hall with actual windows! The food was absolutely delicious and reasonable for the price. Shannon and Ellie both worked to help us make sure everything would work out well. We loved it!

Jill · Married on 07/31/2016

We got married on July 31, 2016 and it was perfect. The tables were set up as I had envisioned.
    Shannon and her staff were to notch, so helpful and friendly.
    I would highly recommend Nikos to anyone who wants to have a perfect wedding. Our guests are still talking about our wedding.

Karley · Married on 07/22/2016

Couldn't have had a better wedding. Shannon worked so well with my wife and I. We planned the wedding while I was over seas and Shannon work around our crazy schedule. Food was amazing as well as the waitstaff. Beautiful wedding and thank you for hosting our special day.

Emily · Married on 05/21/2016

We could not have chosen a better venue for our ceremony and reception. Everything was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. All of the guests loved the food and I really loved that they saved some of the hor d'ouvres for the wedding table. Shannon made every thing super easy and was great to work with. I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married.

Emileigh · Married on 05/14/2016

This is a beautiful location, very professional and very, very helpful. The food was great, they had a taste testing event earlier in the year with a large variety to choose from, which we thought was great, there wasn't the typical food that you find at most weddings, we added very little decorations of our own, if you don't want to add any, you don't have to - it's very elegant in there. This was the perfect place for both the wedding and reception. You will be glad you chose Niko's Landing - we were all very, very happy with everything. Thank you Shannon for everything you did for us.

Robin · Married on 10/10/2015

Shannon was great to work with. She made sure my daughters day was exactly how she wanted it and was every accommodating to some of our special needs. I had so many of our guest come up to me and not only compliment how beautiful the venue was but also how great the food was. Everything went perfectly and we couldn't have been happier. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Kenneth · Married on 10/03/2015

While they played a giant role in making my wedding absolutely amazing there presence was very minimal (meaning that as they did their jobs flawlessly they didn't stand out or become the focus of the wedding party or guest). When I had a question Shannon was there with the answer, when I had a request Shannon was more then eager to fulfill it, and when I needed a bit of help she was there once again. It's an amazing and beautiful place and Shannon is a staple in the success of many wonderful moments and memories I will carry a lifetime with me of my wedding night.

Great food, beautiful facility!!

• Michelle and Troy's Wedding and Julia's Family Blending

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2015

This was a very big year for our family. We had both a wedding and a Bat Mitzvah and both were at Niko's Landing. I can't say enough great feedback about working with Shannon Root. She is easy going, kind, enthusiastic, very easy to work with and flexible. Niko's Landing is a beautiful setting and the back river is gorgeous for pictures. The staff is kind and friendly. The attitude is how can I help you and there is no surprise fees or added charges at the end as some of my friends have experienced at other venues. When you have a buffet, you worry about the temperature of the food as well as possible dryness. The food was every bit as delicious, fresh, juicy and hot as it was at the taste testing. Our guests were so happy with the quality, flavor and amount of food. We thought the first time using Niko's Landing for the Bat Mitzvah was a fluke because it was so perfect, but the wedding six months later was just as good. We want to really thank all of the Niko's Landing staff because we can only say wonderful comments about the incredible receptions we had at the leadership of Shannon Root. GREAT JOB! We would never choose another location after this awesome experience twice!!!!! Michelle, Troy and Julia Zukowski/Serlin

Laila · Married on 08/07/2015

Niko's was amazing! Shannon was great- would definitely recommend having a wedding there!

Catrina · Married on 05/30/2015

Very helpful with different aspects of the wedding. Made great recommendations for other services we needed.

Lahni · Married on 05/15/2015

food was excellent could have been a little hotter had a buffet style.

Michelle · Married on 09/27/2014

We could not have been happier with our decision to choose Niko's Landing for our recent wedding and reception location. From the beginning working with Shannon was a joy, she was able to quickly answer any and all questions we had. The food was outstanding, and the service impeccable. We were able to customize anything we chose from the menu to the handling of the bar to the venue setup with ease.
    We chose to hold our ceremony there as well, next to the building and the setup and handling of that was also wonderful, they truly took care of everything. The setting of Niko's is beautiful, right along the river and it made for a fantastic spot for photos without having to travel anywhere. Their professionalism prior to and at the actual event is fantastic. I have no regrets whatsoever in our decision, and I cannot tell you how many of our guests commented on how wonderful the food and venue was. If I had to choose a wedding/reception location again I would not choose any differently and I highly recommend Niko's Landing to any future brides, they will NOT disappoint!

Kim · Married on 07/19/2014

Shannon was a great help. The entire nikos staff were very pleasant and professional

Kim · Married on 07/19/2014

Very professional, great people to work with. Shannon is a gem.

I simply cannot say enough good things about Niko's Landing! We held both our wedding ceremony and reception indoors at Niko's. Everything was beautiful and they moved seamlessly between the ceremony and reception. Our guests gave us MANY compliments about how smoothly and quickly it all went. You do have to use Niko's as the caterer when you book there, but the food was all excellent and the tasting they hosted earlier in the year was sooo helpful!

Everyone I worked with, especially Shannon, was very helpful and did everything they could to help us out. We preferred to serve sangria, opposed to a house wine, and she willingly found us one even though they didn't normally do that. They were willing to be very flexible with our rehearsal time also since it fell on a holiday. They even found and returned items accidentally left behind after the wedding. I am so happy we chose to go through Niko's - I wouldn't have changed anything!!

Brenda · Married on 06/20/2014

Niko's did a fabulous job for our wedding and reception! Shannon was more than helpful during the planning process and on the big day. The staff was quick and efficient in getting the ceremony spaced turned over for dinner, and then again cleaned up for dancing. The location was convenient, neat, and beautiful. I wouldn't have changed anything about it and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a ceremony and reception space or just a reception venue.

Holly and Bryan · Married on 06/14/2014

Shannon Root was very quick in getting back to us with any questions we had. Pre-decorated space helped a lot, and added a nice touch. Food was outstanding, and the staff did an excellent job serving. Nikos was willing to work with us through our event planning, and making the day memorable.

ASHLEY · Married on 06/13/2014

Really great service, helpful, quick to respond via email or phone, reasonable pricing, friendly, clean atmosphere. Everyone really enjoyed the wedding and we had a wonderful time. At an overwhelming time with extensive planning, Shannon made us feel at ease with the decison making process.