Night Music DJ Professionals Reviews

195 | Hilliard, OH

195 Reviews for Night Music DJ Professionals

Jerri · Married on 08/13/2011

Night Music DJ did an outstanding job for our 30 year class reunion. David, our DJ, arrived on time, was professional in appearance and in the quality of the service he provided for our event. David was very flexible with our agenda for the night and rolled with the punches. He came prepared with the music we asked for and then some! Everyone at the reunion had an exceptionally great time thanks to Night Music DJ and David. Whether it's a wedding, a party, or a corporate event, I would endorse Night Music DJ and David especially! Great job, Guys!
    Jerri Letcavits
    Hilliard, OH

Sent on 08/30/2011

Jaymie · Married on 08/06/2011

Wedding planning is really hard. And HOPEFULLY it only happens once. In my first go 'round with wedding planning, I took any advice I could get from anyone. A friend at school had told me they had used Night Music for both of her daughters' wedding's. My fiance and I met with one other DJ and then we met with Jodi. Our first DJ interview was ok, but left me unsure. After meeting with Jodi, David and I walked out, got into our car, and after a 3 second conversation both wanted to book her. = ) The entire process leading up to the wedding with Jodi was not only an easy process, but I always trusted her ideas, suggestions, and knew that I could let her "do her thing" and we would be in good hands. The actual wedding came and my high expectations of Jodi were surpassed. Everyone there had a BLAST, we danced all night, and I have heard from SEVERAL people from different friends and families that it was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding and I attribute a large part of that to Jodi. She reads the crowd, kept EVERYONE happy, and even handled a crazy aunt of mine without me even knowing. AMAZING. David and I could NOT have been any more THRILLED. (and it ALMOST makes me want to get married again...almost....maybe just a great party.) = ) They totally rocked.

Sent on 09/15/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/30/2011

Steve and Night Music were amazing! He really listened to the type of music my husband and I wanted and respected what we didn't. Steve kept people on the dance floor and the party going. Everyone said he did a wonderful job. I couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Valerie · Married on 07/23/2011

I have had several DJ's from Night Music for various events and they have always been professional and a joy to work with. Their performance at the event(s) was exceptional. You can't go wrong by choosing Night Music...one less thing you will have to worry about.

Sent on 09/08/2011

Lindsay · Married on 07/16/2011

My husband Brian and I worked with Steve at Night Music DJ for our recent wedding reception. Our experience was FANTASTIC! Night Music is incredibly organized and professional and truly "experts" in their field! Our reception flowed so smoothly and everything was timed great, due in great part to Steve, our DJ! I was more than pleased and would highly recommend this company to anyone planning an event! :)

~Lindsay

Sent on 07/31/2011

Kim · Married on 07/16/2011

Jodi Ransom was our DJ -- she was amazing. We went in to the wedding not sure if we wanted a DJ or not . . .however, after meeting with Jodi and her husband Steve (Night Music owners), we were sold. Jodi and Steve are very personable and easy to talk to -- their love of music and DJ'ing was quite clear even after an hour meeting with them.

We could not have been any happier with Jodi's command of the evening. We wanted a low-key DJ that kept the evening moving and got people out to dance, not by harassing people to get on the dance floor but by providing great music. She did just that.

Even my 91 year old grandmother spent a good portion of the evening on the dance floor! Guests of all ages danced all night long -- almost all our guests stayed until the very end of the reception, dancing.

We received many compliments on Jodi's performance would HIGHLY recommend her to anybody -- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/25/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2011

I worked with Steve at Night Music. I knew that the music at a wedding event was one of the most crucial aspects to providing an enjoyable time for our guests. He was fabulous at the wedding. He had a terrific way of involving all of the guests in the festivities and dancing. Everyone had a great time. Steve at Night Music was amazingly flexible, even agreeing to arrive early and provide a "plan B" for providing ceremony music and then staying to do our reception. He was a great MC for the wedding and I would highly, highly recommend him and the Night Music DJ Professionals to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/03/2011

Phil · Married on 07/08/2011

Steve Ransom was our DJ for our wedding, and this review can not do justice to how awesome he was. We truly could not have been more satisfied with his service. We had several "custom" musical items we wanted for our wedding. One of these was a blend of several songs for our first dance, for which Steve was willing to meet several times in the evenings when it was convenient for us, to go over the music and make sure we were satisfied. He met with us on several other occasions as well to go over all the details of the big day. You can tell his number one goal is to make sure you get what you want on your wedding day!
    One of our biggest worries was that people may not dance at our wedding. Steve somehow was able to keep the dance floor full all night. He did an awesome job of feeling out the crowd and their mood, and playing the appropriate song.
    I would recommend Night Music to anyone getting married. You can truly not worry about the music, and let them do their job - and you will be very satisfied when the night is over. They are very professional, and your happiness and satisfaction is the most important thing to them.

Sent on 09/17/2011

Annette · Married on 07/03/2011

Jodi was amazing! Out of all your wedding details, a good DJ will be the major game changer. If you're looking for someone to make your guests feel comfortable, welcome, and excited about dancing the night away, then you NEED JODI! She went out of her way to guarantee our reception went off without a hitch. We found her through a recommendation and we recommend her to anyone who wants the best for their reception. Don't waste money on invitations and favors no one will remember, budget for a great DJ that will make your night unforgettable!

Sent on 07/20/2011
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 06/25/2011

Jodi was absolutely amazing!! Not just during the day, but also leading up to the day. Jodi helped us to really figure out what would work best for us, and definitely didn't treat us like a cookie cutter wedding. She listened to what we liked and wanted, and found the best way to make that happen. She always had new and creative ways to incorporate traditions, and try new things.

Night Music was extremely responsive, and I felt that they were truly a value!

During the day Jodi was great!! We really wanted our guests to dance and have a good time, and they definitely did that! The dance floor was packed until the last song - which was exactly what we wanted. Really, Jodi helped to make our day absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Aaron · Married on 06/19/2011

My wife and I were very pleased with Night Music's work. Jodi Ransom served as our DJ and was a big reason why we think the party was so fun. She nailed all of the elements that we wanted: She paced the evening well and had a low-key presence while still managing everything seamlessly; honored many of our requests -- even if they were obscure -- but also knew when to say no to some of them because they would've stalled the momentum; encouraged people to dance without resorting to cliches such as "YMCA"; and made sure the music's volume was appropriate so that people on the dance floor could have fun without impinging on older guests' ability to talk with each other farther away. From my brief research, I found DJs in Columbus to be similarly priced and don't know for certain whether Night Music's services sit on the spectrum's high or low end, but my wife and I think Night Music was well worth the cost. Additionally, Jodi responded quickly to our questions and had a good meeting with us a few weeks in advance so that everyone was on the same page. We heartily endorse Night Music for your party.

Sent on 07/19/2011

K · Married on 06/11/2011

The thought of finding a good DJ was terrifying after a wedding I attended where the disc jockey OD'ed on substance and seized part way into the reception. That was one wedding I'll never forget. Needless to say, I was skeptical of every place we interviewed for our wedding.

So when we sat down to interview Jodi, I was extremely impressed. Her professional demeanor encompassed everything I was looking for in a disc jockey. She was very hip to today's music, open to suggestions, a good listener, and very perceptive to our requirements and needs. She was accommodating to the reception's layout, which was a challenge in itself to work with.

Jodi's selections in music during cocktail hour, dinner, and after dinner were superb and facilitated guest mingling. But what really impressed me was her ability to engage a crowd of adults and encourage them to hit the dance floor with us. Wasn't sure that I'd see more than 10 people on the dance floor, but was happily surprised to see most everyone dance with us. She is very good at working with the timeline and adjusting accordingly to the crowd's mood.

Overall, I'd highly reccommend Night Music to any couple. The company's is exceptional and impressive in all aspects, especially the amount of effort they dedicate to working with you to set the mood and tone. I appreciate Jodi's work, and hope to to work with her again in the future for other events.

[Thank you, Jodi! N + K]

Sent on 06/25/2011

Kelly · Married on 06/04/2011

After meeting with Steve and Night Music, there wasn't a doubt my husband and I wanted them to DJ our wedding reception. The initial meeting was very organized and we walked out with all the information we needed. You have no idea what an important role a great DJ has in the success of your party. They can make or break your day and this vendor is TOPS! Prior to the event, Steve and I had follow up conversations regaring the schedule of events and music selections. He wanted to be absolutely certain he got everything right and made great suggetions based on his previous experience in our venue. During the event, Steve was engaging, enthusiastic and did a wonderful job reading the room and adjuting the music selection accordingly. Steve kept us on task, updating us often as to when we needed to get ready for the next event, cake cutting, garter toss, etc. all without missing a beat. There is no doubt Steve is a huge reason why almost all of our guests told my husband and I it was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/29/2011

My husband and I were fortunate enough to see Night Music in action before we actually hired them. When we were at an event that was being emceed by Steve Ransom of Night Music, we had only just recently become engaged and were not even at the stage of actively looking for our vendors. We looked at each other and simultaneously said “I want him!”

Aside from offering a great deal as well as being very flexible in meeting times and very quick at responding to emails or phone calls, Steve and his wife Jody are amazing in their ability to calm down an anxious bride and groom! Out of all of the various vendors we had the pleasure of meeting in our process of interviewing and deciding who would work best with our budget, personalities and themes, Steve was able to sit down with us and it truly felt like he listened to our ideas and wishes. His knowledge of music (of all sorts) is phenomenal and his ability to guide us in what might be the best type of music for the venue or what might flow the best is wonderful. He found a way to incorporate everything that we wanted to hear, and made it flow seamlessly! We had complement after complement on what an amazing job he did at really involving the audience. He was not a DJ at a booth in the corner who was playing seven hours of music that you picked out.

He is, in all honesty, someone who you could meet once, discuss what you like or dislike, and basically hand the reins over. He does an absolutely amazing job at reading the audience and determining what is working, what is not, and the general energy level in the room. If he notices the crowd on the dance floor is dwindling for faster dance music, he might switch it up to some slower songs. He also has fun little tricks to involve the audience members who might be a little shy.

In a nut shell, if you are looking for an amazing, knowledgeable, friendly, professional DJ – HIRE STEVE RANSOM AT NIGHT MUSIC!! You absolutely will be amazed at the work he can do!! I cannot give enough praise to this company and their amazing work! You absolutely WILL NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2011

Night Music DJs did a fabulous job for our recent wedding, and were incredibly attentive to the selections we had chosen for our reception. My husband and I planned our wedding long-distance, and were incredibly responsive via phone and email when we were not able to come in and meet one-on-one. They listened to the suggestions we offered for music as well as our evening timeline, and made our reception extremely fun and memorable for our guests.

If you would like a DJ that knows how to select music based even on just a few suggestions, Night Music will definitely provide a great musical experience for you and your guests (and for great value too)! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Courtney · Married on 05/28/2011

We found selecting a DJ for our wedding to be a very stressful decision. After all, the DJ sets the tone for the entire party. I solicited the advice of friends and reached out to about 5 different companies soliciting their availability and prices. This was one aspect of wedding planning that the groom played a role in as well. We went to meet with Jodi from Night Music together. She was a referral from a close friend and she personally deejayed that wedding. We hit it off with Jodi from the start. She was very interested in our vision for the day and what it was that we were looking for. She went as far as to share with us the best placement of the speakers in the room so everyone could easily hear the toasts and all of the music. By the end of the meeting, she could tell that while we both wanted a fun party, the groom was more onboard with some of the cheesy, novelty songs and dances while I wanted a cheese-free reception. As minuscule of a difference as this was, this was a difference that the groom and I had not managed to realize on our own.

We booked with Jodi immediately after meeting her. A few months passed and it was time to sit down again and talk through the timeline, specific song choices and all of the details of the day. I was impressed to learn that Jodi had already talked through her timeline and setup directly with the reception site. One less detail for me to be involved in! She had provided us with a worksheet at booking that walked us through different music genres as well as different events in the evening we would want to select music for. We found the worksheet very helpful as we could select entire music categories that we liked and eliminate others. We came to a compromise on the cheesy songs and shared our decisions with her on what we wanted her to play, what to play only if it was requested and what we banned, regardless of who wanted to hear it.

The wedding came and Jodi did a great job carrying out our Wedding Party introductions just as we had envisioned them. She worked very closely with the Catering Manager to make sure the evening flowed and each event took place on time. It was 9 before all of the traditional dances ended and the real music got under way. Our goal was to be on the dance floor the entire night and Jodi’s selections never let us down. At 10 I approached her and let her know that the Grandmothers had left and it was time hit it hard with dance party songs. Again, she didn’t disappoint. Our dance floor was full until “Last Dance” played at midnight. Looking back, we had the fairytale day and the classy start to the fun party that we set out to have. We owe a lot of thanks to Night Music for making our vision a reality!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Steve was the best vendor that we worked with throughout our entire wedding on May 14, 2011. There are truly not enough words to describe how amazing the wedding was because of him and his service. During our planning process Steve was always friendly, easy to work with, extremely organized, and responded quickly to our calls and emails. Everyone at our wedding commented on how great of a DJ he was and said that they would highly recommend him. You will not be disappointed with Steve and the service he provides. We cannot say enough how we highly would recommend using him. In the future we plan to book him for other events we have. We had such a positive experience with Steve and hope that you read this and give him a call or email. Overall, he made our wedding the party of a lifetime! We are truly thankful that we chose Steve to be our DJ.

Sent on 06/29/2011

Brittany · Married on 04/30/2011

Steve did a great job at our wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor almost the entire night and the music was exactly what we had asked for. We couldn't have been happier with our choice!

Sent on 06/24/2011

Susan · Married on 04/09/2011

Night Music provided the best of everything at our daughter's wedding. Jodi not only played all of the music selections at the perfect time and volume, but was there to guide us through the ceremony and reception with calmness and utter professionalism. It is obvious that she has very often experienced the needs of the bridal party and parents, anticipating the next step in order to move the reception along smoothly. I have been to many events where the music was overpowering. Night Music blends with the activities, allowing guests to be heard while conversing yet encouraging dancing and having a wonderful time. I highly recommend Night Music for any event because they arrive ready to please both you and your guests and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 04/11/2011
  • W

Kelly · Married on 11/13/2010

Jodi is awesome. From planning to her taking care of the reception - Wow. One week later I am still getting feedback on what a wonderful job she did. I am probably cheating but including the email I sent to her a few days ago. Thank you Jodi for making my day so special!

This was the email.

You are completely awesome! You did such a wonderful job. My Mom even asked Jeff - where did you find her!! The reception definitely would not have been anything near what it was if it was not for your efforts to keep things moving and include the guests. I have a few pictures from the wedding of you that I will try to forward if I get a chance. You were so good with the kids and guests. That one dance where we did the wrap about thing was a blast!

I told you before going into this the DJ would make the reception and you made it absolutely wonderful. Everyone I have talked to makes a special point to say how great you are. I could go on and on about everything you did to make it a wonderful evening. I can - if you want just let me know!!

Thanks again so much for everything. I feel very fortunate. You are awesome! And now that I have already paid - you should consider doubling your fee! Well worth it.

Kelly and Jeff

Sent on 11/18/2010

Briana · Married on 10/23/2010

Booking Night Music for our wedding was by far one of the best decisions we made! DJ Steve Ransom is AMAZING. What a true professional, and it is obvious how much he really loves his job. From our first meeting, I could tell that he was really listening to what was important to my fiance and me. We talked about what we were looking for in a DJ, our musical preferences, etc., and before we even booked him, Steve emailed us a link to a new documentary about one of our favorite artists. I was so impressed that he had remembered such a unique personal detail from our conversation that I knew he was the right guy for our wedding. I think my guests would agree! Steve honored all of our special requests (including special singing performances by my dad and uncle!) and supplemented our list beautifully with music that suited our tastes and kept the party flowing well from the start of the cocktail hour to the last dance of the evening. He did everything we asked of him and more. My brother and his fiance were so impressed that, just a few days after our wedding, they booked Night Music for their own wedding!

Shayla · Married on 10/09/2010

I would recommend Night Music DJs to any bride looking for a wonderful reception! Jodi Ransom was such a joy to work with. She walked me through the ideas and logistics and was very patient and creative for the many months that we were working on the wedding plans. Then on the wedding day, Eric was a really great DJ, professional and fun. Absolutely call Night Music if you want to not have to worry about a thing!

Meredith · Married on 10/02/2010

Steve at Night Music was the DJ for our wedding at Pinnacle Golf Club last October. He was absolutely amazing! When I met with him I gave him very loose guidelines - basically an "Absolutely Do Not Play List" and told him what kind of music we liked. He totally got it and adjusted the music throughout the night accordingly. Everyone was up dancing all night. I never wanted to sit down because every song was so good!

He was constantly in communication with us to make sure the run down of the night was going how we planned.

One of the sweetest things was during the anniversary dance, he noticed that my Grandpa (who can't get around great anymore) and Grandma couldn't make it out to the dance floor. So he went over to their table to congratulate them on being the longest married at the wedding. Our wedding was months ago and we still get compliments all the time on how amazing our DJ was. At the end of the night Steve remembered that we were going to Italy on our honeymoon so the last song he played was "That's Amore." Their attention to detail was amazing and I would highly recommend them.

• F

Vanessa · Married on 09/12/2010

Jodi was wonderful to work with. On our wedding day she kept things on track and even helped with announcements about our guest book (which was not entirely obvious so the announcement finally got things going with it), doing line dances, and incorporating our father/daughter dance music last minute. She was responsive to our requests and emails. All of our vendors are GLBT friendly.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Christina · Married on 08/07/2010

We were so happy with David as our DJ. We had met with Steve Ransom, owner of Night Music, and were very impressed with his work ethic and professionalism, and David echoed those beliefs. He did a great job of playing the songs we selected along with supplementing songs of his choice, keeping people on the dance floor, and acting as a wonderful and organized MC of the event. Night Music as a whole was wonderful as well, they had a packet you filled out with your music choices which was very simple and easy to use. The owner even called me the week of the wedding to make sure we were on track just in case in rained and we had to move the ceremony inside where David would be setting up. Luckily our weather was perfect and we didn't need to utilize our rain plan! We had guest after guest come up to us and say that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to, and I firmly believe David and Night Music had a lot to do with that. I am not a big dancer by any means, but David kept me out on the dance floor all night long, along with most of my friends and family! There might be DJs that are cheaper but I think with a DJ company, you get what you pay for, and we could not be more satisfied with Night Music; we would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/23/2010