Night Music DJ Professionals Reviews

195 | Hilliard, OH

195 Reviews for Night Music DJ Professionals

Jodi was our DJ and she was so awesome! The music was perfect and she created an atmosphere that inspired a ton of dancing. She was a pleasure to work with, and everything went so smoothly. Loved it.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Tony F. · Married on 06/21/2014

Steve Ransom with Night Music was the DJ for our summer wedding! We actually met with his wife Jodi to "interview" their DJ company and we knew immediately, even without meeting Steve who we were requesting as our DJ, he was going to be perfect. He was incredibly easy to communicate with and was very responsive any time I needed to talk with him. He was accommodating to anything we needed for our big day! About 1.5 months before our wedding, we decided to have live music for the ceremony. Steve stated he would be in communication with the singers and he figured out every detail. At this point in wedding planning, it is such a relief to have someone take the initiative to figure out those details. We met with him once prior to the wedding so he was able to get a feel for what we liked as far as music to be played, entrances, etc. He made us feel so relaxed leaving the meeting. We knew he had everything taken care of... And when our wedding day came, he was even better than we knew he would be! Every guest could not stop talking about how amazing our DJ was! If you want to have a fun celebration for your big day, wedding or not, Steve is your guy! We did not have an empty dance floor for even one second the entire night. The DJ holds all the power at your reception or big event. I have been to so many weddings where the reception falls apart and Steve is so experienced he gave us tons of examples of how he transitions everything and keeps the party going!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Liz · Married on 06/21/2014

We had David from Night music as our DJ. First of all even from the moment we began looking into Night Music they were so helpful! When we spoke to Jodi on the phone she helped me figure out a plan for when they would come and set up and also who could play during our ceremony. I never felt like they were pushing us to use their services longer or add anything that we really didn't need (those of you planning a wedding know what that is like!). In fact Jodi helped to recommend how we should find someone to play during our ceremony in a more affordable way. Then when it came closer to the time of our wedding we spoke with Jodi over the phone and she helped to walk us through the ceremony and helped us to pick a timing for everything. This was so helpful because Jodi helped us to see the little details that I never would have even thought of! Last we spoke with David over the phone to talk about our music styles and any preferences we had. He even told us later he started listening to CD 102.5 (our favorite music style) to get a better idea of what to play! We had an outdoor reception and David and Jodi helped us to figure out how many speakers we would need and such too. We had such an awesome experience with everyone we encountered at Night music and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Picking a DJ is definitely one of the most important things when it comes to a wedding!
    We are so glad we went to Night Music! Working with Jodi to set up all our songs and run through of events was always so wonderful. She truly took the time to get to know us in order to create the perfect day.
    David our DJ was awesome, he really kept the reception going in the right direction. We truly had a great dance party and everyone of all ages were our enjoying themselves.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Mike · Married on 09/28/2013

Wow, What a Night! They say the DJ can make or break the event. Well Steve delivered on all accounts and he delivered everything and more as promised. We had a fantastic evening of music, dancing, and more memories than we can count. Everyone had a Great time and everyone wanted to know who the DJ was. We had a wonderful wedding reception that will be talked about for years. Steve even entertained the kids while we were having photos taken after the wedding and he was very interactive the entire evening. The music selection was perfect and Steve met every request and detail that my daughter asked for. We would recommend Night Music and Steve to anyone who wants to make the reception a true reflection of couple. We could not have asked for more! What a memory - Thanks Steve....

Sent on 10/07/2013

Worth every penny. Steve was our DJ and let me tell you if you're having kids at your even he is the guy for you. We told him there were going to be a lot of kids at the reception and he asked if they started getting rowdy I'm not sure that was his term he was more polite than that, if he could do activities with them. And he DID he had them doing the limbo and all sort of dances while it was the cocktail hour and everyone was waiting for us to finish up our pictures. So the parents were able to have a great time and not really worry about wrangling their kids. It was amazing! The lighting was also such a great touch to our event. I was a little hesitant because they are a little more than some other dj services you will find. But it was totally worth it because the dj can make or break your event. And someone was always available through phone or e-mail whatever worked for me. Which is nice when you're super busy and sending something at mid night or when you want to talk to an actual person because your brain can't understand how to read anymore...Bride Brain. I was really wow-ed and would totally recommend Steve and Night Music!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Suzie · Married on 09/14/2013

Along with all the other reviewers I have nothing but positive feedback for night music! Jodi did a fantastic job- the dance floor was always full and she announced the wedding party names perfectly! She spoke up when needed for announcements but was not over aggressive with the mic. She kept the night flowing very smoothly. She was very flexible with our requests and was always quick to respond to any questions. Absolutely recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Mary K. · Married on 07/05/2013

I knew I chose the right DJ when our dance floor was still packed with people on the very last song at our wedding reception. DJ Jodi did a fantastic job playing the songs we said were our favorites, and then somehow knowing other ones we would also like. Song after song was perfect and a good blend of oldies and modern songs. DJ Jodi also did a fantastic job keeping the event flow on schedule as she seamlessly guided the party through introductions, first dance, blessing, and toasts. She is amazing!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Chelsea A. · Married on 07/05/2013

We have been told over and over again that our wedding reception was the best celebration that people have ever attended and so, so much of that is truly because of the music provided by Steve. He captured the very essence of all that we wanted the party to be, and completely understood our vision in order to make it come to life from beginning to end. He helped us set the stage from the minute we walked in the door, retained virtually all of our guests until the venue closed and kicked us out at midnight, and kept almost everyone on the dance floor through the last song. We truly cannot say enough about his talent! THANK YOU, STEVE!!!

Sent on 08/25/2013

I strongly believe that the DJ can make or break a wedding so we spent a lot of time interviewing DJs in the Columbus area. Steve exceeded our expectations! He was very professional and made sure the night flowed smoothly while we relaxed and enjoyed it. He got people to dance and kept them dancing all night! He was great and we've had several friends tell us he was one of the best they've seen. Highly recommend Night Music!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Renee · Married on 10/27/2012

Jodi was a wonderful DJ! She was very easy to work with and helped the flow and time of our reception. She even got out on the dance floor herself and danced with our guests! The music was great and our guests loved the music selection.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Before our own wedding, we had been to a few weddings in Columbus that used Night Music as the DJ. As soon as it came time for us to plan our own wedding and decide on a DJ or band, we knew we wanted Night Music. More specifically, we knew we wanted Jodi from Night Music as our DJ. Jodi knows how to get the party started! She is great at making sure every guest is on the dance floor for the entire night. In fact, at one point in the night, Jodi came out to Dougie with us. That's the first time I've ever seen a DJ interact with wedding guests and everyone loved her. Before the wedding, Jodi asked us for a list of song requests. We gave her a really long list and she made it clear to us that she would not have time to play all of the songs. From the list we provided, she chose songs that kept all of our guests engaged. From the wedding party introductions at the beginning of our night to the last song played, Jodi did an amazing job. I would recommend Jodi and Night Music to anyone looking for a professional, interactive, and fun DJ. Thanks Jodi!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Thera · Married on 09/08/2012

Night music MADE our wedding night. Steve did an amazing job of keeping the ball rolling and making sure our family and friends had the best time of their lives. They provided such great service before and during the wedding. They do an excellent job of reading the crowd and knowing exactly what songs to play to keep the mood going. Our dance floor was packed all night! They will play any and every song you ask them to. We had SUCH a great experience with them!!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Scott · Married on 08/18/2012

My wife and I had Steve from night music provide the DJ services for our wedding. We first met Steve at a local wedding expo and were just browsing for a DJ. We happened to stop at his booth just to get a price quote. From the moment we met Steve, he was aimed at getting our business. He was very upfront about the price and you could tell his passion for his craft. We came to find out after checking with all the DJ service vendors at the expo, that Night Music was one of the cheaper alternatives. When we decided to get more info from him, we came to find out that he was located mere minutes from where we lived(same road). We set up a meeting with him and waited for it to come. When it came, Steve asked us what our music interests were, if there were any songs that we wanted played during the dancing. I gave him some songs that had special meaning to one if not both my wife and I. We even decided on having entrance music for our wedding party. When it came time for our big day, we had not expected the level of professionalism that we received. All the music was perfectly queued up and executed. He knew exactly when to turn on the mic and let guests know the events of the evening. I hadn't expected it, but Steve even made the last song of the evening a song that held meaning to both my wife and I. The atmosphere that Steve and his crew from Night Music created was unforgettable. My wife and I have even talked about trying to see if they could cover some future events for us as well.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Lisa · Married on 07/07/2012

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING DJ! The temperature that day was in the 100s and the A/C was not at 100% at our venue, but Steve had everyone on the floor all night! He did an incredible job.

Steve and my husband spoke two or three times about the type of music we wanted and how we wanted the party to feel. Our goal was to keep everyone from young cousins, to our college friends, to our grandparents dancing all night. He achieved this! One of my parents' friends said that they had planned to leave early, but every time a song finished and they started to leave another great song came on and they couldn't stop dancing. I have had several friends, parents' friends, and family members say it was the best wedding they had ever attended; I attribute a lot of this to Steve's music choices.

The most genius contribution from Night Music was their suggestion for an Anniversary Dance. Rather than having married couples sit down based on how many years they have been married leaving the longest-married couple standing, Steve had couples join the dance floor starting with us and slowly adding couples who have been married for less than 2 years, less than 5 years, etc. At the end, the dance floor was packed and that's when he started the full dance party. Doing this, Steve really got the energy up in the room right from the start. So many people commented on how perfectly that worked.

Steve managed the evening schedule perfectly--he made sure he didn't set up our exit if there was not a car ready for us and moved our dances and cake cutting along so they were done before our photographer had to leave. His announcements were professional and appropriate--exactly what was needed and never too much or too little.

I loved working with Steve from Night Music. I would gladly book them again for another party.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Maggie · Married on 05/19/2012

Night Music and DJ Jodi in particular did a fantastic job at our wedding reception in May 2012. We met with DJ Jodi and instantly enjoyed her personality and energy. Although she only DJ's some of the weddings that Night Music performs at - we were so excited she wanted to ours! She listened to my parents and I ramble on our favorite songs, our family members favorite songs and our special dance songs and they she put together an amazing playlist. People just danced the night away and DJ Jodi was present the whole time and in control but didn't speak very often over the microphone. She played all the hits and our guests couldn't say enough about her professionalism and her awesome music. We even extended the night longer than planned which resulted in a lot of the big time dancers missing the last trolley bus but they didn't care - they were having too much fun! I highly recommend using DJ Jodi for your wedding or event!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Clement · Married on 11/19/2011

My best man referred Steve at Night Music to us. After meeting with him, we knew that he was the guy. He was helpful and detai-oriented. He gave us many good ideas for our wedding. On our wedding day, he did an amazing job coordinating with staffs at the reception hall, photographers, and other vendors. Steve is a gifted MC. He had a way to get guests attention when he wants and he somehow managed to get majority of our guests on the dance floor effortlessly. The evening went so smooth that my wife and I were extremely pleased. I would definitely recommend Steve to any couples that are searching for a DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 12/28/2011

Liz · Married on 11/11/2011

I was a little nervous booking a DJ for our wedding, because I have often found DJs to be so cheesy. We actually had booked a band previously, but they broke up, so we had to find another music choice and fast. I was really happy with Steve and Night music. He played exactly what music my husband and I liked. He did everything I asked him to as well. We actually got behind with some of our activities but he got us right back on track during the night. He helped keep everyone on the dancefloor and all my guests had a great time!

Sent on 01/10/2012

Jenna · Married on 10/22/2011

Steve DJ'd my wedding and we probably had the best dance party of any wedding we had ever been to. The song selection was great and there was a nice mix to keep the younger crowd on the dance floor and get some of the "older" generations out there as well. We got so many nice compliments on how great Steve was as our DJ and how they had never seen a DJ so fun and involved. Jodi was also a huge help from Night Music. She was great about helping us coordinate to make sure every song was right and every event we wanted to have would be announced properly. They make an amazing team and we would be more than excited to recommend Night Music to anyone who needs a DJ for a party, wedding or any other event.

Sent on 10/31/2011

Jessika · Married on 10/15/2011

Steve and Jodi are amazing to work with. Very flexible and they want to make your event special for your. Fun was had by all and everyone enjoyed the reception. I had several comments after about how good the dj was.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Regan · Married on 10/15/2011

Steve Ransom with Night Music is a must for your wedding DJ needs. His attention to detail allowed for our evening to run very smoothly, and our weddng guests had a ton of fun! He is a wonderful announcer and played the perfect combination of music throughout the evening. And his prices are very affordable and competitive. I highly recommend his services to any bride and groom!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Jan · Married on 10/01/2011

David S. from Night Music was a very enthusiastic, energetic and terrific DJ who truly helped to make our wedding reception a wonderful and memorable event. Everyone we spoke with at Night Music while planning our reception, was very professional and really listened to us. They put in the extra effort to understand our likes and dislikes, so the evening would be tailored to us, our families and our guests. We have received lots of positive comments regarding David, the music/dancing and the happy ambience created that evening. Our celebration was very unique to us and most excellent!! We would definitely call on Night Music first to help plan another event. Thanks David, Jody & Steve!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Patrick · Married on 09/24/2011

Steve did an excellent job with our wedding at the zoo, we would recommend Night Music to anyone who needs a DJ. He kept the flow of the event perfect, and kept people dancing. We got many comments from our guests about the music. We were very pleased, and could not have picked a better DJ.

Sent on 11/13/2011

Christian · Married on 09/04/2011

Everything was absolutely perfect! Thank you so much! We will always recommend you!

Christian and Samantha

Sent on 10/04/2011

Shilpa · Married on 08/20/2011

AMAZING! I would think that my now husband and I are very picky people. We are both very detail oriented, so picking a DJ was a big deal to us. A DJ can either make or break your reception. Jodi of Night Music was the best. I am not aware of people talking about the DJ after the wedding and so many guests asked us who DJ'd our reception because it was one of the best they had ever been too. Jodi listened to everything we said and delivered everything (and more) we asked for. Also, she picked out our "first dance" song -- it could not have been more unique and perfect. Night Music truly deserves the highest ratings!

Sent on 09/06/2011