Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company Reviews

Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 4
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 5
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 6
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 7

Nicole's recently catered my wedding and I could not be more happy with the absolutely amazing job they did! Margaret was so awesome throughout the entire planning process and when it came time for the big day, everything went so smoothly and looked like a million bucks! All of my guests have been raving about the food and how wonderful everything was. Tina, our service captain for the day, was spectacular. Nicole's deserves all the praise they receive! They really are the best! :)

Sent on 09/01/2012

Laura · Married on 06/11/2011

Margaret and her staff are wonderful and the food is excellent. My guests said it didn't seem like "wedding food" because it was so good! We had something pretty specific in mind and got that. Margaret is excellent at helping decide what you want to have on your wedding day and goes above and beyond - she's almost like a mini-wedding planner. And her day-of staff is extremely professional. We just had one small snag with the type of ovens provided but it was all worked out in the end.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Lynn · Married on 08/19/2017

We were very pleased with our experience with Nicole's Catering. They are professional, flexible and get the job done. The team at Nicole's worked with us to customize things (food/drinks/decor & linens) exactly how we wanted. They provide much more than "just" catering - they helped with coordinating our ceremony space and event timeline for the day as well.
    The service on our wedding day was top notch - someone was always checking in to make sure we were taken care of; Our guests raved about the food and the service as well. Great value for the quality of food and service.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Meg · Married on 06/09/2013

Margaret at Nicole's was just great to work with-- she is no-nonsense, and a perfect professional, and gets everything done just as you envision with grace and poise. She was extremely easy to work with, flexible, and the food was absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Lindy · Married on 10/27/2012

I highly recommend Nicole's for a wedding caterer. It took a while to hear back from them initially, but the wait was well worth it! Margaret and her staff were amazing to work with! The food was amazing and our guests really enjoyed everything. I was so impressed with Margaret. There were many things I had thought I was going to have to worry about during the reception and she took care of them all. Because of her and her staffs impeccable service I was actually able to relax and enjoy the reception (and actually eat my meal)!

Sent on 01/11/2013
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 07/09/2011

Nicole's catered our wedding and I have absolutely no complaints. As a fan of their restaurant, I knew their food was delicious, but their service was also impeccable. Margaret was WONDERFUL to work with--she is creative and helpful in anything you could need, but also very upfront which was refreshing after trying to work with some other vendors. She was there the day before to help set up and even before it was done the venue looked amazing. The servers at the wedding were wonderful (especially Val and Michelle!) and made sure that as the bride and groom we had our plates made up and even saved/wrapped some things for us to go since we hadn't had a chance to eat all that much. Also, Nicole's catering prices were HALF that of most of the other caterers we looked at and they were able to accommodate our particularly finicky and different menu requests. All in all, everyone raved about the food, and isn't that the best test of it all???

Sent on 07/26/2011
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

3.5

Two of my family members used Nicole's as their wedding caterer, so I already knew I loved the food and the service, but I still was blown away by how awesome our wedding was! I found out afterwards that a few things started going wrong on our wedding day, but I never knew about it because they instantly took care of things. It just goes to show the professionalism and quality of Nicole's, and how they can be trusted to ensure everything goes smoothly. I also made some major changes just a few days before the wedding, and they were very flexible. It really doesn't get any better than Nicole's!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Teresa · Married on 11/09/2013

3.5

I cannot say enough about Margaret and her staff. They are true professionals and were very helpful in getting us the menu we wanted.

Our guests raved about how delicious the food was and the quality was excellent which is really what we cared most about. The taste and presentation was without a doubt the best I have seen and had at a wedding in a very long time. As the bridge I was concerned that my guests felt the same way and they did.

The head waitress was wonderful and very accommodating and wanted to make sure we were happy. The bartender was wonderful and she made our guests feel comfortable and made sure they were taken care of quickly.

My thanks and gratitude to Margaret and her staff.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Kelly · Married on 05/03/2008

3.5

The food was excellent! Margaret was so responsive and attentive to detail- she certainly knows what she's doing!

Sent on 07/23/2008
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 08/06/2016

From the moment we met Margaret, we felt that we had made the right choice with Nicole's. She and her staff knew our venue (pat's barn) very well and had great advice for us about layout, decorations, and timing. Margaret adjusted and customized our menu to fit our budget. They even used a family recipe for one of our hors d'oeuvres. I still have day dreams about our cocktail hour food, it was incredible and the presentation was perfect.

I can't say enough about the attention to detail that the staff had. They set-up to our specifications, placed our centerpieces and photos and brought out the seating chart at the right time. The meal was some of the best wedding food I have ever had. After the event they cleaned up and boxed up all of our personal items.

Amy was our maitre d' and she was incredible to have throughout the day. She helped the wedding processional get down the aisle, fluffed my dress and made sure my husband and I had warm food. Those were only things I noticed, I can't imagine how much she did behind the scenes.

You cannot go wrong with Nicole's. We would hire them again and again!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2015

Margaret and her staff were absolutely wonderful the day of our wedding. It was raining very heavily and we were having our dinner in a tent. That did not stop Margaret and her team. The food was delicious and the best I've had at a wedding. I realize that I might sound totally biased but our guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed the food at cocktail hour and dinner! Also, the service was also above and beyond. Her staff brought me, my husband and our bridal party food from the happy hour while we were taking photos. They helped escort our four very excited flower girls back and forth through the rain with umbrellas. They also escorted all our our guests from the ceremony into the tent for dinner with umbrellas. We also had special dietary requests which were accommodated and executed without any issues. The only reason I gave them a 4/5 on "Responsiveness" and "Professionalism" is because I found it a little hard to get a hold of/get a response Nicole's at times. However, I would highly highly recommend Nicole's - I was so pleased with everything.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Kelli · Married on 05/24/2014

Working with Margaret from Nicole's Catering was great. She was very professional and informative about what we needed for our offsite event. We were very impressed not only with the quality of food and service but the amount of it all on the day. There were plenty of staff and they were very friendly and diligent. We heard nothing but amazing things about the food from all of our guests. It was all delicious!

Sent on 05/27/2014

3.0

Overall, I am very happy with my decision to pick Nicole's as our wedding cater. The food was amazing and the staff was very attentive to our guests. I was very impressed upon our first meeting with Nicole's however I am slightly disappointed in the overall lack of communication in the planning months/weeks leading up to the wedding after we signed our contract. Any and all communication regarding menu changes, beer selections, decor details including linens and centerpieces had to be initiated by the bride. In fact, I often had to email twice or call as my first email would go unanswered for weeks. I know they are very busy handling many weddings but as someone not in this business it was frustrating that I, as the bride, had to reach out to them to schedule and go over details rather than them initiating these things throughout the planning process. Two weeks before the wedding when I had not heard anything from them at all, I decided to place two repeated emails to try to schedule a time to review details regarding decor items that they originally discussed they would put out for me since I did not have a wedding planner. When I did hear back, I felt things were rushed through to ultimately to discover during the wedding that the tapered candle stick arrangements for each centerpiece that I had spent time and money making could not be lit in case they dripped on the linens as well as all our boxes of wedding favors for guests and flower vases were not put out because the box was forgotten. The staff was very apologetic and I am still happy with their service, however, I feel if the communication wasn't lacking during the planning process some of these things could have been discussed ahead of time and ultimately had been avoided. I would recommend Nicole's for their delicious food and competitive pricing but I would urge a bride to stay on top of communication with them.

Sent on 07/08/2015
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding Caterer

I enjoyed my experience with nicoles. The only thing I didn't like is that I couldn't take home the food that I liked. The event coordinator is professional and she talks to you every step of the way.

Sent on 08/26/2019

becca · Married on 06/17/2017

We are so glad we chose Nicole's to cater our wedding at the Museum of Dance in Saratoga Springs! From picking out the menu, to helping us visualize the space by sending us floorplans, Nicole's was on top of it. The food was delicious and so beautifully displayed. As full service caterers, I don't think our day would have run half as smoothly if it wasn't for Sarah and Margaret. They were always two steps ahead of me and kept everything organized so that I could enjoy the day instead of worrying about logistics. The appetizers were tasty and beautifully displayed and our dinner buffet was awesome. The real showstopper, however, was our dessert table. We decided to serve pie instead of cake and the pie table was amazing. Our guests raved about the pies (chocolate cream seemed to be the favorite) and the ice cream they served with it. Their staff was super friendly, and kept my husband and I well fed and hydrated throughout the night. The staff set up our ceremony, and converted the room beautifully. They also helped me order tables when we needed a few extra at the venue because of the setup I wanted--they made everything so easy. I had a million questions and they were always willing to talk to me on the phone and walk me through any concerns I had. I highly recommend Nicole's for anyone getting married in the Saratoga area! I cannot thank Margaret and Sarah enough for all of their hard work!!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Danielle · Married on 05/14/2016

3.0

Nicole's Catering provided us and our guests with some of the absolute best food that I have ever had at a wedding along with amazing hospitality. We ended up choosing Nicole's after another larger caterer told us that it would be impossible to pull off a wedding in the venue we chose (a medium size barn), with the quantity of guest that we were going to have (130). After meeting with Margaret the first time we both had no doubts that we wanted Nicole's to cater our wedding. Margaret's very relaxed and can do attitude was exactly what both my wife and I needed going into all the stresses of wedding planning. Not only was Margaret open to any of our ideas and input, but she encouraged us to add our own little touches that really reflected our personalities into our wedding. Choosing our wedding menu was probably both the most fun, and most difficult of the catering process. Nicole's menu had such a great variety to choose from, and everything on the menu was amazing.
    The day of the wedding everything seemed to perfectly land into place thanks to our wonderful event coordinator Sarah and her staff of smiling, hard working miracle workers who achieved what the other caterer said was impossible. Sarah and her staff made sure there wasn't a thing out of place, always a drink in the hands of the wedding party and continued to go above and beyond our expectations from the beginning of the day to the end of the night when they cleaned the venue long after everyone went home.
    The meals were great, most of the portions were surprisingly just as large as what we tried at our tasting. There were a few appetizers and side dishes that weren't what we expected; however, we were very easy going during the decision making process and probably should have been clearer about what we didn't want changed that day. I would highly recommend Nicole's Catering to anyone looking for great cuisine and a dedicated hardworking staff.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2014

4.2
      3.5

Food and day of service for our wedding were outstanding! Only complaint would be that my question of having to-go boxes was purposely avoided.

Sent on 01/31/2015
  • User2097601 · 2+ years ago

3.8
      2.0

I loved Nicole's and was not too happy with them either. I felt as though every meeting with Margaret, the owner/banquet manager was rushed and she was flighty - missed some attention to details after we revamped the menu/contract and she went into the back to update it. Upon waiting for our first look, with FI standing outside waiting for me, a server was outside smoking and very talkative to him - he does not like smoke at all and doesn't want to smell like it on his wedding day. Bar service was VERY slow and bartenders got edgy when the groom (who has made a living until recently as a bartender and was embarrassed by the service at his own wedding) took a beer out of the tub.
    HOWEVER, the food was phenomenal! They made a unique menu that was above and beyond what we were looking for at a valuable price compared to their competitors. If they amp up the professionalism and bar service, they would be a knockout!

Sent on 01/14/2013
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/24/2019

3.6

Great responsiveness, average execution

Our coordinator Kate was excellent with responsiveness, which is why we chose these caterers although the tasting we had left us with mixed feelings about the food. However, to our surprise, Kate did not attend our big day, and the execution of everything we had discussed with her wasn’t quiet as seamless as the planning. The tables were not set wide enough to comfortably dance in between like we wanted, the staff did not make sure we ate the passing hors d'oeuvres while we took photos like I had asked, and they had us cut the cake with our backs towards a half empty room instead of having us stand behind the table or moving the cake cutting to where the guests were. We started late and the service seemed rushed. We ourselves never had dessert, except for the spoonful we fed each other at the cake cutting, and the caterers didn’t give us the left over cake. My bouquet was lost, which may not be their fault, but there was only 60 people at my wedding, all family, so when we looked for it, I’m not sure how it disappeared and somehow they weren’t able to find it. I think with the amount of money spent on their services the least they could do was make sure we ate, and had cake. I know many people say they don’t eat at their own wedding, but I’ve also heard people talk about their caterers being on top of that. For such a small wedding, I believe they should have been able to do at least that. The food was just OK. The pig roast had no flavor. I believe if the coordinator was there that we worked with over all those months, it probably would have gone smoother.

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 8

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2018

2.8
      1.0
      3.5

First things first, the food was amazing! The waitstaff was amazing, the bartender was amazing! What wasn't amazing was our day-of coordinator. I had spoken to two people throughout the planning process and the coordinator assigned to us was not one of them. She didn't know what was going on and did not have the assertiveness that we felt was needed for the job. Luckily, we really only needed her for the ceremony, our DJ took care of the coordination for the remainder of the evening. They do not bargain, so don't even bother asking. We had a buffet dinner, and were disappointed to find that no leftovers of the dinner or sweet table were packed and left for us. Again, food and waitstaff on point, and based off of that I would recommend them.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Brooke · Married on 05/31/2014

2.4
      2.5
      2.0

When my new husband and I first booked with Nicole's the decision was largely based on all of the excellent reviews we had read. Unfortunately, our experience didn't quite live up to our expectations. During the planning process, it was often difficult to reach Margaret to get answers to our questions. On several occasions, I had to send emails multiple times before getting a response. I understand Margaret is very busy, but a stressed out bride shouldn't be made to wait weeks to get an answer to a question. On the day of, the food was good (appetizers were excellent; dinner just OK) but the service was a disappointment. On two separate occasions the same server was incredibly rude and it seemed as if the entire staff would have rather been somewhere else. Thankfully our other vendors out-did themselves and we had an INCREDIBLE wedding!

Sent on 06/02/2014