Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company Reviews

Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 4
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 5
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 6
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 7

Margaret and her entire team were nothing short of amazing, from our first conversation to the end of the wedding. The food was fabulous and the venue looked so pretty. The attention to detail and little touches were so great. There wasn't a moment that evening that people weren't asking if we needed anything. We got so many compliments on the food and the staff. There isnt one thing i would change. I highly recommend Nicole's catering for your wedding day.

Sent on 11/12/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/09/2016

Nicole's was AWESOME! Many of our guests told us that this was by far the best food they have EVER had at a wedding, which should tell you all you need to know!

Margaret and Faith were both incredibly helpful through the whole planning process, starting by hearing our vision and plan, and then providing a wonderful menu proposal that matched exactly what we were thinking (but even better!) We did not want the standard steak or chicken wedding menu (though Nicole's could do that do and it would be way better than your average wedding dinner)--but Nicole's easily took our vision and ran with it.

We asked for a few custom tweaks and changes that they easily provided. Just reading the menu made our mouths water! As others have said here, if you have a fall or winter wedding, go with the pumpkin ravioli--our guests absolutely loved it. However, trust me--your guests will love everything. People literally were coming up to us all night long raving about the food--and not just the standard compulsory "great food" compliments--people said over and over "this is the BEST wedding food we have ever had."

Beyond the food, the service that Tina and team provided was beyond spectacular--just incredibly superb--it was as if the staff could read our minds, not only in terms of timing and serving, but in terms of set up, etc. Tina constantly checked in with us to ensure that we had food, we had drinks, and just to see if there was anything that she or the staff could help with. Simply put, their staff are professionals of the highest quality, from bartenders to servers, to chefs and beyond.

We HIGHLY recommend Nicole's. If you want to really, really impress your guests---book Nicole's.

Sent on 10/23/2016

I loved working with the staff of Nicole's catering for my daughter's bridal shower. All of my guests loved the food and the service was impeccable. They handled every detail and were so easy to work with. I would highly recommend them for any catering need and will use them again for all of my catering needs. if I could give a rating higher than 5, I would!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Can't wait for the wedding! Have been working with Margret from the very beginning...I feel very confident the food will be fabulous!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Louis · Married on 09/03/2016

If you are in the proximity of her service you should not go anywhere else! Margaret knows weddings. We started with 10+ vendors for catering we were choosing from. We wanted to do a custom upscale backyard wedding and we are so happy we decided to go with Nicole's. From the beginning she answered every email promptly. This is so important because you would be surprised with how many vendors did not do this and how frustrating it is to wait for a response for a week when you are trying to work and plan a wedding at the same time. Margaret, the owner not only played the role as caterer she also helped plan, organize, and create the vision we were going for. There was not one guest that had a bad thing to say about the food / service at the reception. They traveled about an hour and a half to our location and all the food was freshly prepared and was amazing. She not only had servers / bartenders she also had staff that were assigned to the bride and groom and made us feel very special throughout the party. My wife and I had no idea what we were doing when we were planning this custom wedding ceremony and reception and I am 100% confident that without Margaret and her staff we would not have received the compliments we did about our wedding. Just for example my 90 year old grandma has been telling our whole family that it was the best wedding she has ever been to. She is very down to earth and did not disappoint at all. Thank you again!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Amy · Married on 08/27/2016

If you are looking for a professional, amazingly delicious caterer that will make your wedding day truly the best experience you could ask for... then you must choose Nicole's. Not only are you guaranteed to serve delicious food to your guests, but the staff is incredibly professional and attentive. Margaret was extremely helpful with creating a menu that was within our budget and we didn't feel there was anything missing. My husband and I were truly able to enjoy our wedding day and it was largely due to the knowledgeable staff at Nicole's!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Kate · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I are SO happy we went with Nicole's Catering for our wedding! Margaret was amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process and made sure our vision for the wedding was executed. The food was absolutely phenomenal, and the staff even more so! I was very busy during the wedding, but the lead staff made sure I had a drink and a plate of food whenever I wanted. Furthermore, every little detail was well thought out - including signature drinks and an ice coffee station! All of our guests were thrilled and were talking about the catering. We highly recommend Nicole's Catering for every special event!

Sent on 08/16/2016

My husband and I met with Nicole's since we'd heard such good things about their catering. We wanted to do a "comfort food"/fall inspired menu and they were able to come up with the perfect selection. We did it station/buffet style which worked out perfectly and we actually got to eat some of the food at the wedding which was even better! Definitely go for the pumpkin ravioli - they are amazing! Margaret, Tina and the rest of Nicole's staff are so nice, helpful and on top of things...I can't say enough good things about them. We had our "rehearsal dinner", which was actually a surprise 60th birthday party for the bride's mom, at Nicole's restaurant the night before the wedding, and they did an amazing job for that as well.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband I and met with the staff at Nicole's catering in late February. We received a copy of their catering menu and reviewed it with one of their event planners. We brought the catering menu home and discussed the many options that were offered (formal sit-down dinner, buffet, stations). Reading the many food options on the menu made our mouths water. We opted to go with Stations. I highly recommend the "Irish Pub Station" - it was a fun and delicious option. We also selected the carving station, Italian station with antipasto, and created a "Kids station" (which the adults went crazy for) that included chicken tenders, cheeseburger sliders, tater tots, mac 'n cheese, etc. Also, they made a healthy portion of chicken and rice for our dog (who was also one of the groomsmen). We also had hand passed hors d'oeuvres that were fantastic. They also cut and served the wedding cake. The staff did all the set up and tear down, set up the gift, favor, and cake tables. And, they also provided all the bar service.

My husband and I were so happy with the staff, service, and food. Working with Margaret at Nicole's was the right choice for us. We would highly recommend them to other couples.

Sent on 09/30/2015

My husband and I were referred to Nicole's by the owner of our wedding reception venue and told us we would not be disappointed and he was so right! They were incredibly easy to work with throughout the entire process and took our "wish list" into consideration when choosing menu options from the cocktail hour to the main course. Nicole's was able to accommodate all of special dietary needs of our guests as well. We knew we wanted our guests to have a lot of delicious food at the wedding and didn't want bland food. Everything served was cooked to order and tasted exactly as it did when we had our tasting. The staff was INCREDIBLE the day of the wedding and took such good care of each of our wedding guests, not just the wedding party. Our wedding was one month ago and we are still getting complements about both the servers and the food!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Nicole's Catering did a fantastic job at our wedding! Every detail was spot-on. The set up and decor was gorgeous, the food was delicious and the service was impeccable. They helped us with so many details and we are so grateful! They are a family-run business that takes pride in their work. I highly recommend Nicole's catering!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Kayleigh · Married on 07/18/2015

I can't say enough good things about Margaret and the staff at Nicole's. From our very first meeting, Margaret understood our vision. The "upscale BBQ" menu she helped us create was exactly what we wanted. The thing we liked the best about working with Nicole's was their flexibility. We were able to change out different things on the menu without having to pay any additional charges, unlike other companies we consulted with. They really worked with us to make our menu our own. Sarah was our day-of coordinator, and she was fabulous. She made sure we were well taken care of, bringing us drinks and appetizers everywhere we went, for pictures or just a quiet minute alone. The staff was professional, but fun! Everyone LOVED the food, which was so important to us. It was absolutely delicious. We would recommend Nicole's to anyone that is looking for a well-oiled catering company for their event!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Adrianne · Married on 06/13/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Margaret and her staff. Leading up to the wedding Margaret was very helpful and accommodating with any request. The week of the wedding any little issue that came up Margaret handled seamlessly. The day of flowed so smoothly. Our guests are still telling us how great cocktail our and dinner was! The service was also above and beyond. It's customary for the bride and groom to always have their needs attended to, which we sure did, but many of my guests also said they were impressed with how attentive the wait staff was. Water glasses never went empty and food was served promptly and hot. I also had some special diet requests which were accommodated and executed without any issues. I would highly highly recommend using Nicole's for any catering event, they have figured out how to make catering as if it was an intimate dinner for two in terms of quality. Amazing!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Nicole's Catering far exceeded any of our expectations on our wedding day and throughout the entire planning process. Margaret was incredibly organized and flexible throughout all of our meeting leading up to the wedding. When the linens arrived and she thought they may not be the color I had expected she called me right away to make sure I liked them before using them. She was always so thoughtful and accommodating. They were also so great accommodating our budget and were willing to make substitutions and changes to make the price work for us. On our wedding day itself, we were blown away by the amazing service, as were our guests. The entire staff transformed the venue into something out of a magazine and they were again accommodating by using and arranging decorations and centerpieces brought by us. Sarah was always checking in and making sure everyone was happy and had everything we needed. Her service not only to us, as the bride and groom, but also to all of the bridal party and guests did not go unnoticed. We had so many guests comment to us after the wedding complimenting Nicole's. From the food to the staff and service in general, we couldn't have asked for a better night.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Michael · Married on 06/06/2015

From the initial visit, throughout the planning process and at our wedding reception Nicole's staff was top notch. The food was exceptional. During the reception their staff was very efficient, warm and professional. My wife has elderly parents and Nicole's staff, without prodding, made sure they were well taken care of. That was one of many little touches we appreciated. We would highly recommend Nicole's Catering.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Carol · Married on 05/30/2015

Terrific communication and service. No request was a problem and all needs were accommodated. Food and bar service was great.

Sent on 11/22/2015

Alissa · Married on 05/24/2015

Wow - what an amazing job Nicole's Catering did! The food was simply delicious - not one bite was forgettable, everything was something I wanted to eat again, and was thinking about the next day. And I'm not alone - I got so many compliments on the food from guests! But it was not just the food itself that shone - the staff was amazing day of, responsive and friendly. A tray of champagne appeared as we were getting photos after the ceremony, served with a smile and a congratulations, quickly followed by some amazing appetizers which my husband and I were happy to have to ourselves. The chorizo stuffed dates wrapped in proscuito were amazing, seriously, amazing. And the lamb lollipops were completely worth the extra charge. I saw guests chasing them down, not because there were not enough to go around, but because they were that delicious. I don't even eat red meat and I made an exception, with no regrets. The meals were amazing too - the salmon cooked perfectly, the steaks tender and juicy, and the eggplant and chicken just looked so good. I wish I could have had one of each, and I wish I thought to pull the bride card to get bites from other plates. However, I think the best part was that during the planning process Margaret was so supportive and knowledgeable. Some caterers I had met would reply, when I asked for advice, something along the lines of 'It's your day, whatever you want.' I love to eat, and to cook, but I am not a caterer and I needed more guidance - Margaret provided that! She was not afraid to suggest things or explain why an idea we had may not work, while offering another option that was even better. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

We were so happy we chose Nicole's for our catering! Margaret was amazing to work with. Out consultation with her was the best experience we had meeting with a caterer. She had so many great ideas and really listened to what we wanted for our food. They were able to accommodate food allergies and gluten free dishes for our guests. We had a family style buffet and did a dessert bar. Love that they offered so many great craft beer options that paired well with the food. She also helped us coordinate with our tent rentals and took care of everything. Everyone is still talking about how amazing the food was at our wedding. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Caitlin · Married on 04/25/2015

Nicole's Catering is everything you could ask for - delicious food, beautiful presentation, outstanding service. Margaret is so helpful and acts as a wedding coordinator the day of, ensuring everything is just right. The reception couldn't have been any better. We are so happy we were able to work with Nicole's Catering and I know our guests were too -- they loved the food!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Christina · Married on 09/13/2014

I would most definately recommend Nicole's for your event without reservation. From our first meeting with Margaret, I knew we were in good hands. On day one an itinerary was offered to help us understand how the evening would unfold....exactly what we needed to get started. Then the food!! The appetizers were out of this world...and the dinners were unlike any other wedding I have been to. Many guests had commented that they were going to "come back to this restaurant" another time....they were shocked when we told them in was a catered dinner!!

Oh and the servers were phenomenal...Miya took care of the wedding party....she made us feel like royalty!!

Please do yourself a favor....book Nicole's today for your event. You won't be sorry!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 08/16/2014

Nicole's Catering was wonderful! My fiancé and I ate at the restaurant prior to securing them as our caterer- our meal was delicious, so we went ahead and signed a contract! They went above and beyond to accommodate our southern flair in upstate NY- they designed such a personalized menu, and all of it was amazing! They even used my own recipe for one of the dishes. All of the staff was so polite and courteous- such a wonderful team!

Sent on 09/01/2014
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 07/26/2014

We were provided a list of caterers recommended by our venue, and Nicole's menu seemed to be the one that fit our tastes the best. Both my husband and myself went to culinary school, and know good quality and service. Margaret and her staff did not disappoint. From creating custom cocktails for us, to tweaking the menu to our tastes, there was no request they didn't fulfill. We have had many compliments on not only the food, but also the demeanor of the waitstaff for our wedding. I also feel that we were given a fair price for our selections. Hiring a caterer can be intimidating, but I felt very secure dealing with Margaret and Tammy (and staff). We highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 07/26/2014

We just used Nicole's to cater our wedding at Sixty State Place. I can't even put into words how happy I am with the outcome. I am one who does not enjoy wedding food at all. Nicole's has truly changed my mind about that. Margaret was amazing to work with, and she went above and beyond to be sure my husband and I were happy. Her staff was amazing at the event, and all our guests are raving about the service and the food. I highly recommend you use Nicole's to cater your event.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Erika · Married on 07/12/2014

Margaret was so helpful and accommodating! Everyone who was there at the wedding reception was so kind and very professional. I would definitely recommend Nicole's to other brides!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Kevin · Married on 06/21/2014

Nicole's hosted our wedding at the Canfield Casino in Saratoga. The food,the wait staff bartenders, and cooks were absolutely phenomenal!!! I cannot thank them enough!!

Sent on 06/22/2014