Nicole Donnelly Photography Reviews

9 | Santa Monica, CA

9 Reviews for Nicole Donnelly Photography

Allie P. · Getting married on 07/09/2022

Stunning Engagement Photos

Nicole was an absolute pleasure to work with and I cannot recommend her enough. We hired Nicole for our engagement photos this summer. We took our photos on Lake Michigan with the city in the background and they are absolutely stunning.

My fiance and I are definitely a bit camera shy but Nicole made us feel so comfortable and natural during our shoot. The photos came out so beautiful. Very natural, great lighting and the perfect amount of editing - Nicole definitely knows what she is doing behind the camera. She did such a great job capturing our personalities from loving to fun and goofy to more serious. The range of photos in our gallery was everything we had hoped it would be. We had so many options to choose from, some in color and some in black in white, some posed, some candid and they were all wonderful.

Leading up to the shoot Nicole was so thorough and organized. She created a shared Pinterest board where we went back and forth on inspiration, outfits and locations. She helped me with last minute outfit ideas and was so supportive and helpful leading up to the shoot answering any and all questions we had.

Nicole was a joy to work with and you will not regret hiring her for any special event. She will make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera and you will receive a beautiful gallery with timeless photos. Thank you again Nicole, we loved working with you!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Andrea M. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Highly Recommend!!

We really enjoyed working with Nicole! So happy that she was recommended to us. Nicole made our engagement session a laid back and fun experience! Nicole was very professional and timely with sending us the pictures. We got many positive comments on the photo that we chose for our "Save the Date". We highly highly recommend Nicole and plan to use her again in the future!!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Nicole Donnelly Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea. It was so much fun shooting your engagement photos - I loved them so much and glad you and your people did too. That’s the best news of all!
  • Laura

Laura M. · Getting married on 11/19/2021

Beautiful Photos and Amazing Service

We decided to take photos on one of the coldest days in Chicago and Nicole could have not been more of a champ. Her enthusiasm throughout the whole time made it relaxing and fun for us. We almost forgot about the cold! The photos were absolutely amazing. She captured every moment :)

Sent on 03/18/2021
  • Alexandra

Alexandra M. · Getting married on 08/27/2021

Beautiful Photos, Amazing Experience!

Nicole was so wonderful to work with for our engagement photos and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! Both my fiance and I were nervous because we had never had professional photos taken. Nicole made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole process. While the pictures never felt posed, Nicole gave us direction and guidance the entire shoot. She truly has a way of capturing classic, beautiful moments. She has such incredible talent and I'm so happy we chose to work with Nicole!

Sent on 01/20/2021

Nicole Donnelly Photography's reply:

Lexi, you're the sweetest! Thank you for your kind words. It truly means the world. You and Josh were truly so much fun!

Allison K. · Married on 06/12/2021

Best decision of wedding planning...

Stop your photographer search immediately and hire Nicole. Truly, just do it. Nicole was such a kind, genuine soul to have capture my husband and I on our wedding day at City Hall.

From the moment I contacted her through her website, I knew there was something unique about her approach. The questions she asked during our initial call showed how invested she was in capturing our story in the way we wanted and we both felt so comfortable with her right away. She asked questions to both my husband and I to ensure his opinions were considered which was a first for us!

Our day was just the two of us at City Hall and Nicole was the ideal third wheel. She was easy going when guiding us around to various locations, a calming force encouraging a deep breath just before we exchanged vows, our hype woman when we walked out of the courthouse as a married couple, and our personal DJ with a speaker strapped to her bag when we danced it out in the streets.

Nicole's approach was human centered and refreshing! She met with us and even created a shared Pinterest board to ensure she knew what we were looking for which was a great touch.

She told the story of our day better than I could have imagined and I can't wait to work with her on future life events!

Sent on 01/19/2021

Nicole Donnelly Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Allison! I stopped reading after the first sentence because I have no words - you're too kind. What a fun day we had together and congratulations to you and Adam!
  • Bree

Bree F. · Married on 01/05/2021

The absolute best!

Nicole was incredible and an absolute joy to work with and we are so thankful for her talent. She captured us perfectly and we couldn't be happier with the final outcome!

We could not be more thrilled to have these photos from her that we will cherish forever. The process was seamless from our discovery call to the photo delivery. We'd recommend Nicole to anyone, anytime!

Sent on 10/24/2020

Kelly H. · Married on 09/25/2020

Engagement photos

Nicole was very professional in her correspondence and quick to return emails and calls. She prepped us perfectly so we all knew exactly what we were looking to get out of the session. She arrived promptly and we were amazed at how quickly and efficiently the shoot was managed. I highly recommend Nicole for any life moment you are looking to capture.

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany G. · Married on 10/05/2019

Made our family feel so comfortable!

We hired Nicole to do family portraits with my husband and 2 step kiddos 1 year after our wedding. We wanted to have non-wedding pictures in the home and do holiday cards.

Our pictures turned out great! I think these specifically were successful because of Nicole's direction and eye - there was never a moment where the family was wondering what to do. She was clear with direction, our kids felt comfortable, and we knew where to look, what expression she was looking for, etc. She knew when to move locations, when we got the shot versus when we needed alternates. She used our neighborhood perfectly, finding the best background shots while making sure to avoid the busy streets of Chicago (all the people / yard signs / etc.)!

Nicole's turnaround time was wonderful - we got our pictures quickly and beautifully edited!

Sent on 10/27/2020