Nicole Chan Photography Reviews

95 | Boston, MA

95 Reviews for Nicole Chan Photography

Caitlin · Married on 07/07/2013

Nicole Chan is a dedicated professional who is truly passionate about her work. We booked Nicole as our wedding photographer, and couldn’t be happier with the results! From our initial meeting, to the fun engagement shoot, to our amazing wedding day, Nicole proved herself to be enthusiastic, efficient, and easy to work with. Throughout the entire process, she was always readily available by email to answer any questions or concerns. The day of the wedding, Nicole and her assistant Karen were excellent at organizing our families and the bridal party, and put everyone right at ease during picture taking. They not only documented all the main rituals of the ceremony and reception, but also caught many wonderful candid moments. Nicole does an amazing job of capturing the spirit and emotion of the day with her attention to detail and eye for creativity. We were surprised how quickly we were able to view the pictures afterward! We got a “sneak peek” just two days after the wedding, and the full online gallery was already available before we even got back from the honeymoon two weeks later! We also received our USB of all the images in the mail very promptly. Now we are having a hard time choosing which images will go in the album!

If you are looking for someone who goes above and beyond, truly cares about your special day, and takes incredible photos, I would highly recommend Nicole Chan.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Hoang A. · Married on 07/05/2013

Passionate, fun, hard-working, efficient, wonderful.....these are just some of the words that we could think of to describe how working with Nicole was!! Nicole is a great photographer and she made the wedding day stress free for us. Unless you're a supermodel and are use to getting your picture taken all day, it's hard to know what to expect, what to do, how to pose. Nicole's humor puts everyone at ease and we were able to have fun and take beautiful photos. We knew that we were in good hands with her and the rest of the photography team. Nicole captured moments that we would've never seen because the wedding day goes by so fast, and as a bride and groom, you get pulled in so many directions. Our wedding photos gave us a chance to re-live the day over and over. We are ecstatic with how the photos turned out. If you are looking for normal photos of guests standing together with the bride and groom non-stop all day, then she is not for you. Don't get me wrong, of course you need some of those photos to please the parents, but Nicole's photography is above and beyond awesome. Our wedding blended Vietnamese and Korean culture, and it was nice to have photographers capture moments that reflected both cultures, which are very important to our elders. She captures everything from moving, heartfelt moments to fun, care-free moments. We recommend Nicole and her team wholeheartedly. Her smile will make you smile. By the way, she LOVES wedding cake....that will be included in her contract, no joke!

p.s. our wedding day was 7/5/13 and 90+ degrees....I swear I didn't even see Nicole and her team break a sweat!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Linda · Married on 06/30/2013

Over the past weekend, I had hired Nicole to photograph a baby shower that I was hosting for my sister who flew out from San Francisco. I remember when I spoke with my sister few months back, she had wish she hired a photographer to photograph this special event (since it was the first baby to be born in our family). I decided to surprise my sister and hired a professional photographer, Nicole Chan Photography. I immediately thought of Nicole because I've worked with her in the past and she is just amazing and super talented. I, myself, am in the wedding industry as well and was introduce to Nicole from a previous wedding that we both worked at. Nicole has got to be one of the most creative, super sweet, individual human being that I've ever worked with! She's patient and has a way of communicating to you and making you feel comfortable for the camera. If you're looking for an average photographer and someone who will just make you pose for the lens for hours and hours than Nicole Chan Photography is NOT for you! If you're looking for a great experience, stunning work and just a great individual to work with, I highly recommend contacting Nicole. Nicole, thank you so much again for the remarkable work that you’ve done for us!!!

Sent on 07/03/2013

From the first moment that we met with Nicole, we knew that it was going to be great working with her. She spent extra time getting to really know us . For our engagement photos, Nicole helped us pick the right spot for the pictures and they came out PERFECT. For our wedding, we knew it was going to be complicated, with two ceremonies (Hindu and Christian) on the same day - with multiple outfit changes. Nicole helped us come up with the perfect timeline to get all of those perfect shots. On the day of the wedding, Nicole and Karen were FANTASTIC. They were so helpful in so many ways (who knew that the photographer would be the person to help get tumeric off your face!). I felt so relaxed and natural in taking our pictures, and I was able to focus on the events of the day. We took a two week honeymoon and Nicole had the pictures ready and waiting for us when we got back! I was stunned when looking through them. My friends and family agree that they are the best wedding photos they have seen, with one friend remarking that they look like a "movie poster ad!". I know that this is a long comment to read - but please, know that if you select Nicole as your wedding photographer, you are going to be in great hands - and you will have amazing memories (captured beautifully and artistically) to look back on.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Caitlin · Married on 06/08/2013

I can't recommend Nicole enough. We just received our wedding pictures this week and we were quite simply blown away by the photos; they were everything we hoped for and more! Nicole and her assistant, Karen, managed to capture all of our "big" moments throughout the day in an incredibly moving and poignant way, but also all of the smaller moments that we didn't get to see and that were perhaps even more moving. Nicole and Karen were amazing throughout the day as well and we have them to thank for keeping us on time. They always had a smile on their faces (even when helping my sisters figure out how to bustle my dress) and we could tell how much they enjoyed the work.

We are so fortunate that we found Nicole and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/30/2013

Jimmy · Married on 05/25/2013

It’s remarkable how Nicole is able capture the couples' precious moment together. Also, how she was able to implement the surrounding environment to make the photos "special" with the perfect angles, lighting, etc. Her work stood-out so much among other photographers that my wife and I choose her after our initial meeting with her without even speaking to any other photographers.
    Nicole definitely met and exceeded our expectations after seeing the photos from our engagement photographs. Her photos came out amazing and natural. During the photo shoot, I finally understood how Nicole has been as successful as she has been in capturing photos of couples during their moments. She is a natural photographer who knows how to engage us in conversation to make the whole photo shoot process so smooth and less awkward. After all, not everyone is comfortable with kissing their significant other in front of others.
    After the engagement session, I expect no less from Nicole for the actual wedding. And Nicole and her crew did not disappoint. Our wedding was at the end of May and we were hoping a nice weather day for our wedding especially because our ceremony was being held outdoor. Instead it was forecast to be a rainy. Nicole and I communicated with each other throughout the week to discuss options to be able to prepare for the bad weather and she recommended clear bubble umbrellas.
    Fortunately during the day of the wedding, it was only drizzling throughout the day and we were able to take pictures outdoor and those umbrellas were definitely great props that added to the pictures. Throughout the whole day, Nicole and her crew was so energetic, friendly, passionate, and always have a smile on their face regardless of how long the day was and the numerous requests she gets from everyone.
    As expected, the photos were AMAZING! Overall I had a great experience with Nicole Chan Photography.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Katie · Married on 05/18/2013

When we started looking for a wedding photographer, I was immediately drawn to Nicole for her photography style. When I met her in person, I knew right away she was the person I wanted to capture our big day. She is full of energy and clearly so passionate about what she does.

I met her and Karen (2nd shooter) a few weeks before the wedding to scope out the venue and get some ideas for where we would take photos. I found myself completely agreeing with everything she was saying. I was so confident going into our wedding day that Nicole would handle everything exactly as I imagined it.

I was right. In fact, she went far above and beyond my expectations. Not only did she capture every moment beautifully, she was so helpful to have around when we were getting ready! She had so many helpful little tips like how to pin my hair so it would stay curly for the photos in the humidity. She helped the entire wedding party with adjusting our shoulders and where to hold our flowers to look the most flattering in photos. She was efficient and never bossy.

And the best part was we had our photos within 2 WEEKS! That is unheard of. I would absolutely recommend Nicole to anyone and everyone. She is professional, incredibly talented and an absolute pleasure to be around.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2012

Nicole and her team were wonderful to work with. They took all the pictures that I never knew I wanted and gave me everything that I could want. When I got my wedding video my husband and I waited until or one year anniversary to see it and it wasn't overly long or boring, it was a beautiful romantic comedy. I absalutly love Nicole and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Natali · Married on 07/21/2012

Nicole Chan is a tremendous talented photographer and an incredibly great person all around. For someone who has never taken great photos & being one of those "better in person" people, i was truly struck by the amazing results! Nicole was able to give direction in a way that is easy to follow, while still managing to help me feel confident since I have never been professionally photographed. Our guests are still talking about the amazing work that she and her team had provided for our wedding. If you want a photographer that is talented, incredibly hard working and fun, we absolutely recommend calling Nicole Chan.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Shruti · Married on 07/14/2012

AMAZINGGGG!!!!! Nicole was so great to work with. We had a three day Indian wedding and she made sure to capture every moment. She was so easy to work with. She made the whole process so easy since day 1. I was absolutely shocked when the pictures were delivered to us three days after the wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made. Everyone loved her and the work she did!!!! WE LOVE HER! :)

Sent on 07/19/2012

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Nicole. She is friendly, personable, and incredibly on the ball. Not to mention, of course, that our photos turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Everyone raved about how she and her team seemed to be everywhere at once at our wedding, and we absolutely love our photos!

The price we paid was very competitive, definitely cheaper than most of the quotes I saw.

I highly, highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Caitlin · Married on 04/28/2012

Nicole is amazing. Her pictures are brilliant, a perfect remembrance of our big day. Nicole was open and available during the planning process. Her professionalism was a huge help in planning most aspects of our wedding. I fear that I may have taken advantage of her a little. Nicole has a variety of packages to choose from so you can customize your experience.
    Once the wedding arrived, Nicole was absolutely in her element. She was clear and quick in her directions to our family and wedding party while shooting the portraits. Most importantly, the pictures came out amazing. I would absolutely recommend Nicole as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 05/11/2012
  • Y

Yael · Married on 10/10/2010

Having Nicole as our photographer on one of the most important days of our lives was one of the best decisions I made for our special day! She has a great eye for unique shots and for making you feel comfortable - I was surprised to see some of the photos she had managed to take when we weren't even looking!

We were just as impressed with Nicole's professionalism as we were with her photos. She set up our photos online with in days & her response time to any & all emails was with in 24 hours. Her personal style is accessible, flexible, easygoing, and unobtrusive. She captured all the intimate moments without even realizing she was there.

I would highly recommend Nicole to anyone who is looking for an outstanding photographer and hope to work again with her in the very near future!!!

Sent on 02/02/2011

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2013

Nicole is an amazing photographer and super easy to work with. She is sweet, funny, patient and full of energy and yet extremely professional. We were able to get the engagement photos the same day and they came out beautiful! She is clear & quick when giving directions to our families and wedding party for the portraits. Her and Karen(2nd shooter) made us feel very comfortable. The photos came out absolutely perfect, and we love them. We highly recommend Nicole as your wedding photographer and we're glad that we had the opportunity to work her.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Kerry · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I used Nicole Chan Photography for our engagement photos and our Wedding Photos and it was the best decision to use her, because the photos she produces are so thoughtful and creative, she knows how to capture the true essence of who you are in her pictures. She is one of the kindest people i've met in the wedding business in general and is such a sweetheart to work with. I feel like she is a friend more than my photographer, and would recommend her to anyone who wants quality photos for their engagement and wedding. She is top notch in her skills and professionalism.
    -Kerry and Nick Masso
    Engagement/Wedding Photos
    Boston Area, Ma
    October 2014

Sent on 10/27/2014

B · Married on 06/21/2014

I had been looking at area photographers for close to 2 years and kept coming back to Nicole Chan's website. 2 years later, I was not disappointed! She and her assistant photographer Winnie were awesome and EASY to work with. She didn't even bat an eyelash when I had an uncle who proclaimed himself as our unofficial photographer and was pushing everyone out of the way and directing us where to stand! Nicole is fun, easy to talk to, and very professional. You won't regret hiring her for your next event.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Paras · Married on 08/10/2013

3.5

Nicole and Karen were my phenomenal photographers -- Nicole for my engagement and wedding photos and both for my wedding. I sincerely had such a wonderful experience working with Nicole. She has an amazing skill set. She takes beautiful pictures AND she is a wonderful director. She keeps you calm and keeps the vibe light and gives you great directions on your posing, etc. to make sure you come away with great shots. I would HIGHLY recommend her whole crew for documenting all your special occasions.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Matt · Married on 09/26/2015

3.0

Nicole Chan Photography is a great choice for high quality low hassle wedding photos! We were overall very happy with our wedding photos and highly recommend Nicole Chan Photography!

Sent on 10/20/2016

3.5

Excellent photographer! Nicole is very personable, warm and friendly, she made it comfortable to be in front of the camera for our wedding and was non-intrusive yet very available throughout the day. She and her team are excellent and prompt communicators and they treat everyone with lots of respect every step of the way. Of course, the photographs are amazing which is why we picked her! Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Shreya · Married on 08/09/2015

Nicole's portfolio speaks for itself. Simply stunning photos. She and her team have such a great eye for photos. She is also a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 10/30/2015