Nick MacVicar - Scottish piper in Italy Reviews

3 | Livorno, IT

3 Reviews for Nick MacVicar - Scottish piper in Italy

Ken · Married on 08/01/2014

Often, when someone gives 'five stars', there is always a nagging doubt that such a level of excellence is both rare to find and hard to achieve. In Nick's case, the five star rating across the board is richly deserved and it is just a shame that the scale doesn't go any higher.

I booked Nick for my son's wedding near to Verona well back in 2012 when the first plans were being laid. At that time Nick was living near Verona but by the time of the wedding had moved to Tuscany. Nick not only honoured the booking but didn't charge one euro more than originally agreed.

Nick arrived promptly and was dressed immaculately. He made a spectacular impression on the entire wedding party and the watching village who talked about his performance for days.

Nick's range of music on pipe, low pipe and accordion were fantastic but more than this, Nick MacVicar is an absolute gentleman and an absolute asset to any wedding or celebration that needs that Scottish element.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Nick MacVicar - Scottish piper in Italy's reply:

Ken, I don't know what to say, these are more compliments than I can handle. I am grateful, and allow me to say I have been treated more than well on that hot summer day with the guests constantly offering me drinks. Thank you for booking me, and who knows, arrivederci!

Lindsay · Married on 07/14/2014

With Scottish parents, I knew I wanted a piper at my wedding for a very long time. Once we decided to get married in Italy, I found Nick. He was responsive and friendly and I assumed I would get a very lovely component to our wedding day.

Nick was the biggest and best surprise of the event! I expected he would show up, stand in a corner, play the classics, and be on his way. He not only played beautifully, he was an absolute joy and provided THE BEST entertainment of the day. He led our guests in a Scottish country dance that had everyone twirling and laughing like crazy! Not only that but he played Hava Nagila on the accordion so my Jewish husband could have a Hora!

We were both so, so happy with Nick and feel he was worth 100 times what he charged! He gave us priceless music and wedding entertainment that we will remember forever!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Nick MacVicar - Scottish piper in Italy's reply:

Thanks Lindsay, I am totally flattered. All I can say is that it was an absolute pleasure to play for you both and your very merry company. Enjoy married life!

Lindsey · Married on 07/14/2012

As a Scot marrying an Italian in Italy, having a piper and a ceilidh was a must. I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled across both in Nick. His piping is absolutely first class and his ceilidh band excellent. Crucially he's a great shout so that everyone could enjoy the ceilidh. On top of all that he is a great sport (downing whisky from the quaich etc), very generous (allowed our pianist to use his keyboard during the ceremony) and extremely flexible (we inevitably ran over schedule and began the ceilidh later than planned with no complaints from nick). He was an absolute pleasure, and I can't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Dear Lindsey,

I can not thank you enough for such kind words. This is the first time someone calls me a good shout. Which is very nice to know since I am a pipe major now and shouting is probably what is most expected of me.

Nick MacVicar