Nick Fay Weddings Reviews

Nick Fay Weddings 1
Nick Fay Weddings 2
Nick Fay Weddings 3

Rachel · Married on 06/30/2018

I have followed Nick's photography work for years, and while he has done primarily commercial work, he has also done dozens of weddings. Immediately after getting engaged, I called him and booked him for our engagement portraits and wedding. He has such a keen eye for candid, beautiful moments, and works to capture the authentic connection of each couple he works with.

On our wedding day, Nick was truly a lifesaver. My husband and I both felt so at ease throughout the day, and it was due to his organization and calming presence to keep us on track (because, let's be real, your pictures dictate a lot of your schedule). He did a phenomenal job striking a balance between providing us guidance and also allowing us to just kind of roll with things/move to different areas/etc.

Immediately after the wedding, Nick sent us a few photos to have and share right away (such a nice touch to get to soak in the memories, and to share out for social media announcements if you are into that). A few days ago, we got the full album and I immediately welled up with tears. We are in awe; they are stunning, and perfectly capture the blissfulness we felt on our big day. I would recommend Nick to anyone looking for authentic, impactful and timeless wedding portraits. We will cherish ours forever.

Sent on 08/04/2018
    Nick Fay Weddings 4
    Nick Fay Weddings 5
    Nick Fay Weddings 6

Ashley · Married on 12/30/2017

Nick took both our engagement photos and wedding day photos. He was so easy and fun to work with and very accommodating. For our engagement photos we brought our dog and he managed to get some great photos with the most non-photogenic dog in the world. We also had a very cold wedding day (a high of -7 degrees). He braved the cold for some outdoor photos and made the most of the indoor space we had available. His photos are timeless--images that we can look back on and remember our special day forever.

Sent on 02/24/2018

Gr · Married on 06/17/2017

Nick was wonderful to work with! He made two shy people feel very comfortable and we love the photos -- both from the engagement shoot and the wedding.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/13/2017

Nick was perfect, couldn't recommend working with him more!

Sent on 03/10/2018

GAVIN · Married on 09/25/2016

The best. I do not throw out 5 stars to everyone--but Nick deserved all of them. He took AMAZING pictures that captured the day so well; I had high expectations for my wedding photos and Nick surpassed them. He captured all the details we had planned, skipped all the cheesiness that I wanted to avoid, and we got access to our photos so quickly! It was so nice to have Nick there for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. If we did our wedding all over again we would hire Nick in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Alisa · Married on 05/28/2016

We hired Nick for both our engagement and wedding photos. From the start, he was very easy to work with and listened to every detail. On the day of the wedding, I was very concerned with the threat of rain but Nick came up with some options for indoor shots and secured some studio space just in case we needed it. In the end, the rain held off and we got some beautiful photos outside. Nick’s calming presence and ability to make things work no matter the circumstances was very much appreciated.

He was also super quick to get us our engagement and wedding photos back, the process was easy and we had access to download all of the high resolution images. We interviewed a lot of photographers and really felt we made the best choice with Nick. He was flexible, kind, and truly takes some beautiful photos.

Sent on 10/31/2016

We cannot say enough amazing things about Nick and his photography. Our pictures are stunning and truly capture our love story, love for one another, and our wedding day. From our first time meeting Nick, to our engagement pictures, and finally on our wedding day, Nick made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Nick's photography is unlike anything I have seen for wedding photography. The pictures are artistic, thoughtful, and not posed. We truly cannot thank Nick enough for his professionalism, friendship, and talent. We would recommend Nick to anyone looking for a photographer, especially a wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Nick was fantastic! From the beginning he was very flexible about meeting up and discussing our wedding and possible packages. We decided to go with the 8 hour package plus photo booth and it was perfect. I was super impressed with the high quality of the photo booth pictures and the assistant photographer that ran the booth. Nick was helpful in planning our timeline for the day of the wedding and kept us on track the day of. We received our pictures about 5 weeks after the wedding and were so pleased. What I like about Nick's photography style the most is he captured the authentic moments of the wedding that didn't feel forced or posed. The pictures truly capture the feel of our wedding and told a story. I would recommend Nick to anyone for engagement or wedding photos.

Thanks Nick & Kyle!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2015

Nick was wonderful to work with. He knew what we were looking for, even when we had difficulty articulating it. He captured the true essence of our day, and each special moment- each image was vivid, natural, and beautiful. He was very professional, responded to our emails and questions very quickly. The day of our wedding he was respectful, yet assertive when he needed to be in order to keep us on track and make sure we caught all of the photos we wanted. He was very helpful in providing some feedback and instruction without "posing", the result was super natural, genuine pictures.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Nick and his partner Dave were absolutely wonderful photographers. They captured everything we wanted and so much more. Creativity was clearly seen in all photos. Nick was really flexible with scheduling, package details and working with our crowd. He also got our finished product to us extremely quick, only 2 weeks post wedding! I highly recommend his service.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Nick made getting together to discuss wedding packages and options so stress-free! He is not pushy, and the first things he wanted to know were what my husband and I were looking for and what was important to us. He took careful notes and made our priorities his. Prices were incredibly reasonable compared to other professional photographers, and the value that we received after was greater than what we could have received elsewhere. He came highly recommended by close friends and family, and it was easy to see why. In a business where it's impossible to know who to trust or what anyone is like to work with, he was an easy choice. He's incredibly kind and did wonderful work. He was beyond professional and met with us ahead of time more than once to talk in person about what concerns and kinds of photos I did and didn't want. He was quick to answer questions and punctual the day of, not to mention flexible. He made the focus not on how much time we paid for and what he was getting out of the experience, but on us, and what our needs were. He was very focused on making Taylor and I his priority with limited time and working with a large bridal party, but still captured wonderful pictures of my group and even better pictures of me and my husband! The quality and experience for us was unparalleled. Besides our wedding photos, he did our engagement photos too, which we loved and based our decision off of, and a super awesome photo booth. He put together an album after of the best pics from the photo booth and it was so fun to look through! You get all the photos digitally after, and I even asked that as he was editing, to pick one or two to send early that we could put on thank you cards. He sent 5 within the week. He is a very laid back and kind person and worked tirelessly for us. You spend your entire day with your wedding photographer, and you entrust capturing the most important moment in your life to them. You will not be disappointed working with Nick!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Kalin · Married on 08/16/2014

We had the incredible pleasure and honor of working with Nick for our engagement and wedding photography. When we first met, we chatted about the vision of our wedding and what we wanted to capture. Our engagement photos were amazing and our wedding photos were even better. Nick made us feel relaxed but excited, at ease but poised and brought out the best in us with every click of the shutter. At the wedding, I hardly noticed him during the ceremony but he did a fantastic job of capturing every moment without being in the way. He made sure to get both portrait and candid shots and we couldn't be happier with the results.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Stefanie · Married on 07/26/2014

Nick was simply amazing on our wedding day! We couldn't be more happy with his work and his creativity. He captured our whole day perfectly, and did it all while barely even being noticed. So many people have commented to us on how wonderful our pictures turned out. Nick was very friendly, professional, and easy to work with throughout the whole process...starting with our first meeting 6 months prior to our wedding. We would highly recommend Nick to anyone looking for a top-notch photographer, it was the best decision we made!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Dave · Married on 07/19/2014

Nick did an amazing job of photographing our wedding. His style is amazing and he captures the true essence of the day w/ his collection of photographs. From the beginning of the day to the end, Nick was great to work with; his easy-going style put everyone at ease and he had great ideas for where to shoot on our location. After showing multiple friends our gallery of pictures, they commented on never even noticing Nick during the service or reception, yet he had taken dozens of great shots of each of them. As a whole, scrolling through the gallery of his pictures gives us such a great feel for the entire day and every single photo is of excellent quality.

I highly recommend using Nick for your wedding or event, as the quality of image and the level of service cannot be beat. We are so thankful for how Nick captured our wedding and will give us many years of great memories as we grow older.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Nick captured our personalities and the event, and he made us look even more beautiful and even more relaxed! Nick's photos strike a balance between art shots and "real life" documentation. Does this make sense? He's not overly stylized, but he's not so gritty that you don't want to actually look at your photos.

I think you end up paying for a photographer who is 1) professional and prompt, 2) artistic and you trust with recording the day 3) personable and you don't mind being vulnerable in front of 4) available every weekend of the summer. Nick was all of those!

1. Very professional. Great over email.
    2. Great eye for framing a shot as well as using light. (He even shot with some film!)
    3. Very chill! I was afraid my boyfriend would be annoyed by a photographer and wouldn't smile on demand. Turns out my boyfriend thought he was great.
    4. We booked Nick about 8 months before our day--book early! The photographers book up faster than bakeries and caterers.

I worked really hard to find a great photographer, and I must say, it was worth it!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Meghan · Married on 07/12/2014

Nick was an incredible photographer and he did an outstanding job photographing our wedding! He takes such a unique approach to photography and he captured our day in the most perfect way! He always responded to emails, phone calls, etc. in a very timely manner throughout the planning process. He met every request of mine as the bride both leading up to my wedding and the day of! He was very flexible throughout the process as well. My venue flooded and we had to change everything just two weeks before the wedding, he adapted and found some great spots for pictures at our new venue. He traveled multiple places day of the wedding including the barbershop, the hotel, and of course the wedding site. He was truly spectacular, I am beyond please we chose him to photograph our day!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Laleh · Married on 06/21/2014

I could not be happier having selected Nick Fay as my engagement/wedding photographer. He is so calm, talented, and professional. I loved my engagement photos so much, because there is something about Nick's style that is very artistic and clean. When it came time for my wedding photos, I knew I was in good hands. The final product he delivered me exceeded my expectations. He did a wonderful job capturing the emotion of the day, and one of my favorite things about his wedding photography is that he did such a great job getting photos of all the different people who attended. He is a gem, and I would book him again no questions asked!

Sent on 08/06/2014

My husband and I put so much thought and research into choosing a photographer, knowing that we had just one chance to get great images of our wedding day, and Nick was definitely the right choice!

His images are beautifully composed; so many of our friends and family have commented that our wedding pictures look ready for a gallery! We loved that Nick was able to capture striking scenes without anything feeling manipulated or engineered; he just knew where to stand, what angle to shoot from, etc., in order to end up with an amazing shot. Also, he somehow managed to be *everywhere* on our wedding day, catching both big moments and tiny ones--and most of the time, we hardly even knew he was there!

We love so many of the photos he took of our family and friends, too--because we had a large wedding (300+), we didn't get to spend as much one-on-one time with our guests as we would have liked! It's wonderful to have photos of them enjoying the day, and Nick caught so many great expressions and scenes--funny, tender, etc.

We absolutely love our photos and loved our experience working with Nick.

Sent on 09/09/2014