Newport Aquarium Reviews

Newport Aquarium 4
Newport Aquarium 5
Newport Aquarium 6
Newport Aquarium 7

This was actually for a work Christmas party and we rented out the exhibit space. The theater area outside the shark tank made for a fun and unique dining experience for about 100 people. We had access to all the exhibits, including the bridge over the shark tank and all the hands on displays. We even arranged for a penguin encounter. The staff was easy to work with and responsive to our small last minute changes. We also arranged our bar service through the Aquarium. Everyone who attended the event commented about how much fun they had and the caterer we worked with (Chef's Choice) provided very tasty food. Much of our last minute planning happened over the Thanksgiving holiday which made communication challenging on both side but the team helped us work through it all and pulled off the night perfectly.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Heather · Married on 09/23/2017

Our company picnic was a great success! Great experience all around! Kyle was great! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Betsy · Married on 08/08/2017

3.5

We hosted a large corporate event at the Newport Aquarium and were beyond thrilled with how everything went the night of the event! Every employee I interacted with was pleasant and responsive. We had a lot of moving parts and the two event managers working with our team did a wonderful job pulling off every detail. We have received countless calls, emails and personal notes from the guests of this event commenting on how remarkable it was. We are grateful to the entire staff of the aquarium for making our event a huge success!

Sent on 08/24/2017

We were looking for a place that is unique yet classy, and this was both! You can't beat the view of the city across the river, and if you do decide to add any of the animal encounters, they will be a HUGE hit!

Sent on 06/02/2016

James · Married on 04/28/2018

Our event planner, Kyle, was fantastic! During the event, some of the food on the buffet was a little slow to be replaced and we had a couple of guests waiting on soup. All together, the event was very wonderful. We had a guest speaker from the Aquarium, Robert, that was really enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the space. Would have totally been five stars if not for slight delays in buffet service.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Penny · Married on 06/24/2017

The lunch was set up great. The food was also good. I didn't hear anyone in our group complain. It was a wonderful event.

Sent on 06/27/2017

very responsive to all requests. Staff extremely efficient and pleasant, great venue

Sent on 12/21/2015

Maddy · Married on 08/18/2012

I loved all the diverse experiences the Aquarium provided for my wedding day. Cocktail hour was spent in the exhibits and the rest of the celebrating took place in their Riverfront room that had a beautiful backdrop of the Cincinnati Skyline and a patio for guests to take a break from all the dancing inside. While the uniqueness of all the aquatic life was the original driver of appeal for me, I now feel that the patio and views of the city ended up being the main attraction! My guests loved everything and I was so happy I could offer them such a unique experience. The aquarium is easy to work with and they provide you with an event coordinator to help arrange all the details. Costs do add up since you have to pay extra for several things (lighting, special linens, etc), but it was well-worth it!

Sent on 09/11/2012

3.0

Great venue, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Sent on 06/28/2016

4.2
      3.5
      3.0

I chose to use the riverside room for my wedding reception, and everything turned out beautifully. They were a little inflexible as we had to use one of their 3 preferred caterers and their vendor for chair cover rentals and table linens, which got pricey. However we simply dropped off the items for our centerpieces and decor, and they took care of it all and made it look stunning on the wedding night. I can truly say that the wedding went by without a hitch and everything went exactly as planned. The view of the city is beautiful as well as the rest of the room. Definitely happy I chose the aquarium!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Marissa · Married on 06/26/2016

Dee was really great as a coordinator. I wish there was more flexibility with allowing quests to get aquarium tickets at a more discounted price. It was barely discounted and we ended up not doing it, but it would have been nice to give out tickets for before the wedding. Everything else was pretty good.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Katie · Married on 05/26/2012

2.5

The venue looked AMAZING and the staff was great; however, the aquarium has so many rules that it makes them hard to work with! There is only one person you can work with for linens, chairs, etc. and everything has an up charge. We were not told when we booked that there were so many regulations, so when we tried to rent linens, etc. we got a lot of push back. I think if we had known this upfront it would have been nice. But, in the end, I wouldn't have changed a thing! Having the back patio was AWESOME. Older guests could be out of the noise of dancing but still feel a part of the event.

Sent on 06/04/2012

0.4
      0.5

Do not waste your time having your reception there. The planning process was fun and they made it seem like they were going to take care of everything and make everything perfect but they did not do anything they said they were going to. Several request we made for the night were ignored and not done. For example I had a grooms cake that was suppose to be brought out as a surpise for my husband but they set it up with our wedding cake so there was no surprise. They broke my cake topper, lost the pen to my guest book, didnt play the DVD of my husband and I on the tv screens because they said they didn't know how, they stole my candy that was left over from my candy bar, they lost my music cd that was played during cocktail, and the list goes on and on so save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Newport Aquarium's reply:

Our commitment to customer satisfaction is absolute. We spare no effort, before and after every event, to respond to the brides that choose the Newport Aquarium for the site of their special day. Unfortunately, in this case, the bride did not bring any complaints to our attention until a month after the event and has ignored our repeated efforts to resolve her complaints. We take these matters very seriously, and we encourage our customers to share detailed feedback, good or bad, about all aspects of their event. We use that information to make our service better for everyone and take responsibility for items that may not have met their expectations. We have hundreds of brides and their families that rave about the absolute attention to detail we provide for one of the most unique experiences of a lifetime.